ADVERTISEMENT

Watch out on your first paycheck of the year....

BOSSHOGFREE

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Sep 22, 2005
My Social Security jumped up 33% for me. Now thats no big deal for me but thats going to hurt a lot of folks near the poverty line IYAM. I mean a 33% freaking increase..... dayum.

Yes, everyone that pays FICA will revert back to the standard FICA rate of 6.2 per up from 4.2 per.

End of the tax holiday.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

I will pay in ans extra $1, 500 in SS alone this year. Again thats over what I paid last year. This is BULL SHIT! Again the 1, 500 isnt going to hurt us but thats my damn money!

Originally posted by BOSSHOGFREE:
I will pay in ans extra $1, 500 in SS alone this year. Again thats over what I paid last year. This is BULL SHIT! Again the 1, 500 isnt going to hurt us but thats my damn money!
It's the same as you were paying in 2010. They reduced it for '11 and '12 as a sort of stimulus. That expired with the cliff deal.

Originally posted by nashvillerebel:

It's the same as you were paying in 2010. They reduced it for '11 and '12 as a sort of stimulus. That expired with the cliff deal.
are you sure?

im pretty sure the 4.2% was passed by Bush but I could be wrong...

And yet once you retire there will be none left for you.

No, and thats with 3 deductions. Im not rich but Im not hurting either. Its just the % # that jumps out at me..... a 33% increase. And we still cant pay for al the BS were giving away. Wow

Tax cuts don't "expire." The tax rate is either lowered, raised or stay the same.

FICA was dropped from 6.2% to 4.2% for a one time stimulus in CY 11 and then renewed in CY 12. The CY 13 is returning back to what we have been paying for years. IMO, the rate should not have been cut as this impacts our supposed retirment funds.

You sell seed?
3dgrin.r191677.gif

No doubt. And what Im supposedly paying for now will only be mine in the form of a full share at the ripe retirement age of 73. Its a damn ponzi scheme. There taking our money for one thing and using it for something completely different. Then when its time for an upstanding citizen to get out what they out in ifts either a fraction of that or will be none at all. Unconstitutional IYAM.

Originally posted by holbein03:
And yet once you retire there will be none left for you.
Yep. The increases won't even touch the real problem. The government is spending money they don't have at record levels. When we have to cut spending - look out! All I know is that I can't run my household like that or I would have been bankrupt a long time ago.

Originally posted by gibsalld:

FICA was dropped from 6.2% to 4.2% for a one time stimulus in CY 11 and then renewed in CY 12. The CY 13 is returning back to what we have been paying for years. IMO, the rate should not have been cut as this impacts our supposed retirment funds.
The rate should never have been cut as a stimulus. SS is too important to destabilize it further by cutting it's funding. It's a shame that the real stimulus money wasn't directed directly to the pockets of individual tax payers instead of using it for wasteful project and to line the pockets of Obama contributors. Stimulus funds, Obama care taxes and fees on us and health care and health insurance companies should be where we focus our outrage.

Originally posted by Jon Jackson:
Tax cuts don't "expire." The tax rate is either lowered, raised or stay the same.
When a bill is passed that lowers taxes for a specific period of time.... At the end of that period, you don't think it's fair to say the tax cut expired?

You know, the Bush Tax cuts were set to expire and they were renewed several times by Obama....

I think you're argueing semantics...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT