ADVERTISEMENT

Wednesday Recruiting Notes

Danny West

Recruiting Analyst
Oct 24, 2004
Tontitown, AR
www.hawgsports.com
- Arkansas is keeping steady contact with a pair of big-time offensive linemen at IMG Academy in Bradenton (Fla.).

Mammoth tackle Daniel Faalele (6-9, 390) said he's been talking with Arkansas offensive line coach Kurt Anderson on a regular basis. Four-star guard Curtis Dunlap tells me he's also talking with Anderson, and that he and Arkansas quarterback commit Conner Noland have been talking a lot. Dunlap said Noland is doing everything he can to get him to Arkansas.

- Heavily-recruited safety Patrick Fields of Tulsa (Okla.) Union said he's told the Hogs he'll be attending one of their spring practices. Arkansas signed Fields' teammate, Kyrei Fisher, in the 2017 class. I believe Fields is one of their top overall targets early on, but he'll obviously be tough to get out of Oklahoma.

- Wide receiver Lawrence Keys of New Orleans (La.) McDonough 35 says he still has every intention to visit Fayetteville as soon as possible. His latest offers come from North Carolina, Michigan and Ole Miss.

- "I still have heavy interest in Arkansas," Gonzales (La.) offensive lineman Cameron Wire told me Tuesday evening. The Razorbacks were among his first offers and I think he may be a real possibility for the Hogs.

- Earle (Ark.) quarterback Gerry Bohanon added another SEC offer on Tuesday when the Tennessee Vols jumped on board. Bohanon told me he believes LSU could be the next one. We're working on getting Bohanon locked in for a Rivals camp this spring.

- Offensive lineman Trace Oldner of Richmond (Texas) is a guy who's already camped at Arkansas a few times and has family members who played for the Hogs (some of whom still live in Arkansas). He's got an offer from Indiana and his latest interest is coming from Florida, LSU, Oklahoma and Harvard. Trace said he'll be back in Fayetteville again this offseason.

- Arkansas signee Gabe Richardson said he's working on getting big-time Hutchinson C.C. defensive tackle Tayland Humphrey to Fayetteville for a visit. Richardson is trying to plan a trip for his mother to see Fayetteville for the first time on the day of Arkansas' spring game, so it may work out that Humphrey can come at that time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News