ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome to the new Rivals & HawgBeat!

masonchoate

Publisher
Staff
Sep 1, 2021
The new era of Rivals is here! This is an exciting evolution for our brand that has been in the works over the last six-plus months. The national team has collaborated to redesign the Rivals logos, wordmarks and overall brand direction, which will directly benefit HawgBeat.

As Rivals refreshes the national brand — which we are very excited about — you can see that HawgBeat looks a little different. It's the first day of the refresh, so please give us some time to work out the kinks.

Our goal with the "new direction" of HawgBeat is to make this message board a more organized place that's easy to navigate. Even as staff members, we've found it hard to do that in the past.

We will implement a weekly recruiting thread that will be home to all of the recruiting news of that week, rather than starting individual threads for lots of different things. The hope is that this will not only clear up some threads, but it will also be a very useful thread that will receive plenty of traffic just like our transfer portal threads.

There will also be some changes to when we unstick threads. Some threads will lose their prefix (the thing that says football, hoops, baseball, ect.) and some will be sent to our free message board to help clear stuff up. Don't worry, the only ones we will send off to the free board will be story threads that didn't receive much interest.

I've also posted a rules, regulations and general info thread, which is something we haven't had since I took over. The rules are simple and should be easy to follow. There's also brief general info on all of our staff members as well as links to our social pages.

While we have more things in store, I'm not going to reveal all of our plans right now. I do know that dark mode doesn't exactly provide the best look right now, so we are working to find a solution with that.

I hope you enjoy the refresh as much as we do. Myself and my staff work really hard each day to make this the best site covering Arkansas Athletics, and this is a step in the right direction. Thank you all for your support!

Captain America Reaction GIF

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.