ADVERTISEMENT

What I know on Sam Pittman (10:52 update)

Danny West

Recruiting Analyst
Oct 24, 2004
Tontitown, AR
www.hawgsports.com
7:46 AM:

Obviously there's a ton of speculation out there about Sam Pittman right now. What I've gathered this morning is that there was a called meeting last night to let the guys know Coach Pittman is moving on, and it looks like it'll be to UGA. About 6-7 current Razorback linemen then visited Pittman's house to tell him goodbye. Apparently UGA made a ridiculous offer.

I guess there's still somewhat of a chance that Pittman could change his mind, but from everything I'm hearing through sources since about 6:30 this morning it appears that won't be the case and he's going to Georgia.

8:50 AM

Still nothing official on Pittman to UGA. Our UGA Rivals guys and football scoop are reporting Jim Chaney to UGA, and obviously that's notable given Sam and Jim's relationship. Nothing official, but my gut feeling says Pittman will go. He's certainly wanted badly down there. I'd hate to see Sam go, for the record. He's been great to us and I'd miss seeing him around. But he's also one of the best at what he does, so I get it. He's turned down many opportunities while at Arkansas that were never reported. Jobs that paid a lot more money. He's a good one.

10:52 AM

For what it's worth, the seven players that Bret called in last night and visited Sam's house to say goodbye were the five starters and freshmen Zach Rogers and Jalen Merrick. The players obviously were upset. One was very, very upset. I'm told the group got together this morning and basically said, "We've still got a game to play. Let's go to practice and keep moving forward." We're expecting to have interviews with select players following today's practice.

Last edited:
Reactions: BOSSHOGFREE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News