ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball What Opening Day Means-A Short Essay

KevinBohannon

Baseball Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Jan 20, 2016
Central Arkansas
Happy Opening Day Hog fans!!!

Theres nothing like opening day…the anticipation, the excitement, the expectations and dreams of hoisting the big trophy at the end of the year.
I got to experience quite a few opening days as a player and every single one of them started the same way, with a smile on my face. Anything is possible on opening day for every team across the nation. From NJIT to our very own Razorbacks, every team is on the same level. A baseball season is a marathon. As DVH said yesterday, “you don’t play one game a week for 14 weeks, you’re playing 3-4 games for 15 weeks”.

Maintaining the level of excitement for 15-16 weeks is next to impossible, there are highs and lows. The key is to never get too high or too low. That’s what championship teams do!! I believe this team has the talent to make a run in Omaha. Are there questions? Abso-freaking-lutely. Every team has question marks, no team is perfect. This time last year, every one anointed Vanderbilt National Champs…and that’s why they play the game.

If you are a baseball purist like I am, Take a moment and enjoy today. The young men that will take the field are playing for the name on the front of their jersey, the name on the back, and their hometown. They are young men and will make mistakes. Cheer them on, encourage them and know they’re doing what they love for the University of Arkansas and the entire state!!

For Love of the Game
-KBo

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News