ADVERTISEMENT

Who else remembers when the meat of the recruiting classes were

TOP HOG

All-Conference
Jun 11, 2002
5.5 3star kids? With a couple/few 5.6 3star to 5.8 4star being the top players. Then filling in with 2star on signing day. This class doesn't count a 4star kid. I believe 2 more 3star players will put this class top 25, to stay. Even if the HOGS take a couple project players. That is the worst I see. My guess is this class will land between 15-20, plus a 4star not counted. If Josh Allen was counted, my guess will be between 12-17. This class will be outstanding by Arkansas standards.

This post was edited on 1/25 11:20 AM by TOP HOG

Thats not going to happen. But Arkansas has less players dropping off the team these days. There will always be players that can't make the transition from HS to college, for some reason. Hopefully the team can keep it to the 10% rule.

1st time at this late on recruiting I have seen all players have 3 or higher star ratings.

Speaking of stars, how many 5 stars recruits made it to campus for Arkansas? Was Mustain a 5 star?

Mitch was a five star and the QB from Clarksville a few years ago was also. So much for five stars.

Mustain & Brashears weew both 5* players.

DMac was a 5* and a couple of others in modern/recent Hog recruiting clesses but they slip my mind.
Since about late 90s I think the Hogs have had about 6-8 5* players, if memory serves me correctly.

Was big Shawn Andrews a 5 star?
Also D Winston was a 5 star CB.....and Ryan Mallett was a 5 Star, but he went to michigan first, but either way he played for us and was a 5 star.

LBs, WR, and DL has been where we have struggled the most in getting high level talent. Even AA DE Jamal Anderson was a 2 star
Wide receiver out of high school. Otha Peters was the last HS stud LB we signed.

Shawn Andrews and matt Jones were both high-4* players in the... '99 or '00 class I believe.
Ced Cobbs was like 1% from being a 5*.

Yes on Darius Winston; and the Shavers kid, the DE, he was highhigh4*.

On LBs, the kid thats dad was a coach in Rockwall... maybe Heath HS?, he was a stud/high 4* LB for us till he transferred.

Batman Carroll & Law Richarson were bigtime studs and both nearly 5* CBs.

There were a few more OL that were highly rated, including Berna, Brey, and soem of the recent ones; several high-4*.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT