ADVERTISEMENT

Would you trade CBB for

If Gus can't stay off the hot seat with the recruiting base Auburn has what makes you think he could do anything here?

I don’t know if Gus could. I’m thinking of coaches the HOGS have a chance to get. Not sure Gus would be worth the change. I keep hearing Chip Kelly, I don’t think there is a chance to land him. The HOGS are going to be up against other schools that will beat them out for coaches. I also hear about up and comers. First will they come and second the SEC eats up and comers. I’m not sure we can do better than CBB this year. Might be better to stay the course 1 more year, at least. I’m thinking the Oline coach might need to be changed. The run game is all but gone. The Oline seems to be stuck or even going backward. The new QB and receivers are young and starting to look pretty good. The defense is new and starting to show signs of getting better.

If better can't be got then it would make no sense to change. Putting the team through the stress of learning a new system under a new coach that isn't a step up would just push the program even further behind.

Was thinking about this tonight.....I like what Dino Babers has done at Syracuse...made them competitive again and beat Clemson. Just not many coaches out there that we could go after.....have heard Mike Leach on several social media sites......all I know is that this is bad!!!

There are several very good coaches who would be interested in Arkansas.
1. Skip Holtz HC LA Tech-wins the ones he's supposed to win and recruits the same area as CBB.
2. Doc Holliday HC Marshall- Team is solid and competes hard.
3. Jeremy Pruitt DC Alabama- Defensive guy who would bring energy to team and fan base
4. Neil Brown HC Troy Offensive genius who is young. If he worked out he could be around for 20-25 years

Auburn fans would gladly give you Gus. Beats us on teams with lesser overall talent. Sucks against teams with equal or more talent. Under Gus Auburn is 1-3 vs Georgia. 1-3 verses bama. Lost 3 straight against both. 2-3 verses LSU. Complete meltdown last week. 0-2 vs. Clemson. 0-3 in bowl games verses power 5 schools FSU, Wisconsin, and Oklahoma. The guy is a solid 8-4 coach that will wins games he is always suppose to win but then melts down against the teams with equal talent. 8-4 on the regular with him.

If Gus can't stay off the hot seat with the recruiting base Auburn has what makes you think he could do anything here?
He has a HS cult following here in Ark-Okla-Mo area. He’d be a natural and his uptempo would be to our running game like Petrino was to our passing. He would have a strong DC though. He Arkansas born and bred. Like Tuberville, I don’t know why we don’t go after coaches who live with Hog DNA running through their veins. They all seem to end up at AwwwBurn?

We had Nutt 10 years and Hatfield. Some Arkansas fans get jealous because they can’t be coach. Then they start crap.

He has a HS cult following here in Ark-Okla-Mo area. He’d be a natural and his uptempo would be to our running game like Petrino was to our passing. He would have a strong DC though. He Arkansas born and bred. Like Tuberville, I don’t know why we don’t go after coaches who live with Hog DNA running through their veins. They all seem to end up at AwwwBurn?
Ken Hatfield was born in Helena and had a winning percentage of .760, the highest winning percentage of all Hog football coaches ever, including Broyles and Holtz, but people whined his offense was boring, seems an exciting loss was preferable to a boring win, and others whined about him quoting bible verses so he had to be fired to make the village idiots happy. Been a revolving door in the coaches office since, except for Nutt, and a downhill slide ever since. What does it tell potential coaches when not even having the highest winning percentage in your program history isn't good enough?

Reactions: Ole Hambone
One week the offense is bad. Then it is the defense. Then it is special teams. It seems every week one or more of the units just can’t do anything right. I chalk the offense woes up to Anderson. Since he got here there have been problems with the line. The defense might need to go back to the 4/3 because either the coaches don’t understand how to use this one. Or the players can’t handle it. Arkansas needs a special teams coach that does nothing else except coach and recruit players for special teams. All the tires have fallen off the bus which ran in a ditch and is hanging over a cliff.

Agree they are still my HOGS. Must not have been one of the 30,000 watching Ford’s teams. That was brutal, disappointed yes. I can’t hate on any HOG or HOG team. HOG = employee or student. Just say no to anger and hate.

You are an idiot
Happy Thanksgiving. Sorry you are soft like the Arkansas program and can’t handle the truth. Didn’t mean to hurt your feelings.
No AD, soon to be fired football coach, announcing crowd at 62k when its 30k (LOL) and embarrassing performances on the field and off.
The SEC is for big boys and our program needs to step up.
Get over it snowflake!!!

Last edited:
I just think we can part with the coach without anger or name calling. Maybe that is just me. It’s not working and time to move on. So let’s not run off a coach that might come by mistreating the current one.

Jeff Brohm- he has a plug and play staff and just worked miracles with a less then talented Purdue team. His buyout drops significantly after 12/5.

Arkansas must get a coach that can do more with less, to be successful. HOGS will never do better than 7/8 in SEC recruiting. More likely 9/10 most years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT