ADVERTISEMENT

Yvonne Richardson

FCFGUY

Signee
Jan 22, 2010
Passed away 32 years ago yesterday 1/23/87. Her sickness was well chronicled and most remember.
It certainly had a lasting and profound impact on me, and the timing was especially impactful. We were expecting our first child and knew she was coming any day. I remember hearing a breaking news story on the radio and was so heartbroken to hear of her passing. We live in a very small town and although there were no cell phones I knew my wife was at the local Fred’s and stopped immediately to tell her the sad news. It was on my birthday.
The next day she went into labor and we had to beat an upcoming heavy ice storm to make it to Baptist hospital in LR where my first daughter was born that evening.
The ice storm came and prevented most of the family from joining us, but remember well watching AR led by Andy Stoglin beat Texas A&M in a Sunday afternoon game from our hospital room.
Most every year I’ve celebrated my daughter’s birth I can’t help but relate the terrible loss the Richardsons experienced.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News