ADVERTISEMENT

OT 21 year old girl killed

Texarkana Tx for second year is the #2 highest crime rate per capita in Texas. Crime rate is 78 per 1000 residents. So according to article I read, 1 in 13 chance to become a victim of crime in the area.

Reactions: treestandhog
My hometown. Been in that EZ Mart many times. It was a known place for kids at school to go steal drinks, candy, etc.

The Texarkana area has became a total shit hole.

I have family stuff tying me here for a couple more years and then I am gladly out of this dump.

Such a sad story and sad that we have so many of these stories here.

For real, if my parents, sister, niece and nephew didn't live there, I would never go back.

I live in Fouke too my step sons go to Fouke school and my daughter goes to Genoa. This is tragic and my heart goes out to this beautiful young girls family. This is a good community unlike some of the posters above are claiming. I will be praying for this girls family.

Texarkana Tx for second year is the #2 highest crime rate per capita in Texas. Crime rate is 78 per 1000 residents. So according to article I read, 1 in 13 chance to become a victim of crime in the area.
You are posting out right lies about Texarkana crime rate. Need to get your facts straight. This was a terrible and tragic crime but no need posting lies.

You are posting out right lies about Texarkana crime rate. Need to get your facts straight. This was a terrible and tragic crime but no need posting lies.

Sadly its not a lie. The facts are awful about this place.

Shootings at local steak houses, murdered over a parking spot at a gas station, head kicked in and murdered leaving a bar, murdered at work in broad day light, murdered in an alley by Texas High football stadium and left there for a week. That's just what I am getting off the top of my head from the last couple years.

I will give you that when you get out of town the Fouke and Genoa areas tend to be safer but you start getting into meth head situations as you get out of town here.

Ive lived several other places and when I moved back here I was shocked at how bad it is. When you bring that up to people around here they just say "Oh there is bad stuff everywhere" and blow it off. Fact is its not that way everywhere by a long shot.

Sadly its not a lie. The facts are awful about this place.

Shootings at local steak houses, murdered over a parking spot at a gas station, head kicked in and murdered leaving a bar, murdered at work in broad day light, murdered in an alley by Texas High football stadium and left there for a week. That's just what I am getting off the top of my head from the last couple years.

I will give you that when you get out of town the Fouke and Genoa areas tend to be safer but you start getting into meth head situations as you get out of town here.

Ive lived several other places and when I moved back here I was shocked at how bad it is. When you bring that up to people around here they just say "Oh there is bad stuff everywhere" and blow it off. Fact is its not that way everywhere by a long shot.
Thats all anecdotal. That guy was claiming they arent #2 in crime per capita. I don't know either way. It's safer now in general than it has been since the late fifties though.

Looks like you have the stats to back it up.

I hate it. I used to like this area but what is happening in all these smaller towns is that no one remodels and lives in the houses in town. They just move to the out skirts. Well the growth keeps going out further and further and in town gets neglected and the crime goes up. No one cares because THEIR neighbourhood is "safe" and they keep claiming its not that bad. Then something happens in their neighbourhood and wonder how it happened.

Not sure exactly how this 12 year old was influenced to murder a sweet young lady but witnessing the type of crap that goes on around here day to day is not a good start. Its very bizarre that this happened in Fouke. That's pretty out of nowhere but like I said before this stuff will venture out if its full of it in the city.

Hell I had a shooting happen in the apartment right under me when I lived at the nicest luxary apartment complex in Texarkana in the nicer area out town. Girl got shot in the face over conflicts with her drugee associates. Somehow she lived but only has one eye.

Looks like you have the stats to back it up.

I hate it. I used to like this area but what is happening in all these smaller towns is that no one remodels and lives in the houses in town. They just move to the out skirts. Well the growth keeps going out further and further and in town gets neglected and the crime goes up. No one cares because THEIR neighbourhood is "safe" and they keep claiming its not that bad. Then something happens in their neighbourhood and wonder how it happened.

Not sure exactly how this 12 year old was influenced to murder a sweet young lady but witnessing the type of crap that goes on around here day to day is not a good start. Its very bizarre that this happened in Fouke. That's pretty out of nowhere but like I said before this stuff will venture out if its full of it in the city.

Hell I had a shooting happen in the apartment right under me when I lived at the nicest luxary apartment complex in Texarkana in the nicer area out town. Girl got shot in the face over conflicts with her drugee associates. Somehow she lived but only has one eye.
Yeah, small towns all over are suffering that fate. I've lived in Little Rock my whole life and am always quick to defend its crime reputation.

Every time there is a thread about places to eat in LR you have a few people in there shocked that anyone would even get out of their car in LR long enough to walk to a restaurant, when the truth is that it's probably less dangerous than a lot of rural towns.

I went to school at Central, have spent wayyyy too much time drunk downtown at 2 AM, my wife lived in southwest when we were dating, and there's only one issue that I can ever recall, and that was at a gas station in southwest where this guy wanted me to buy crack from him and I just wasn't trying to and he was having a hard time accepting it.

That's it. That's my list.

Yeah, small towns all over are suffering that fate. I've lived in Little Rock my whole life and am always quick to defend its crime reputation.

Every time there is a thread about places to eat in LR you have a few people in there shocked that anyone would even get out of their car in LR long enough to walk to a restaurant, when the truth is that it's probably less dangerous than a lot of rural towns.

I went to school at Central, have spent wayyyy too much time drunk downtown at 2 AM, my wife lived in southwest when we were dating, and there's only one issue that I can ever recall, and that was at a gas station in southwest where this guy wanted me to buy crack from him and I just wasn't trying to and he was having a hard time accepting it.

Should have just bought the crack and smoked it man lol jk

Reactions: gbbaber

You are exactly right. I lived in St Louis for a year and currently date a girl in Houston so Im there a lot. The thing with bigger cities is you know where you aren't supposed to be. In the smaller towns its not that way. The nice neighborhood is a 5 min drive from the bad neighborhood.

I lived in Fouke from about 6 months old until I went to college. It may be a safe place to raise a family (if you are white), but it is full of rednecks, racists and white trash. And Texarkana is becoming a dangerous place, so he did not post any lies. I still follow all the news sites on Facebook and there are shootings and robberies there on a regular basis, which is not good for a smaller town like that.

I worked in Texarkana from 2000-2013 and the change was evident during that time. I believe Texarkana changed after Hurricane Katrina the attitude of the whole place went into decline. I have many close friends from Fouke and Genoa who are wonderful people that I will remain friends with for a lifetime. I do know the history and growth of meth use in these communities like so many other in this state. The meth epidemic is at a fever pitch right now. I have no idea why this child decided to take the life of this young lady, it is unthinkable to me someone the age of my niece takes a gun at 3 am and robs and kills someone outside their own home. Horrible tragedy for the family of the victim for sure.

Reactions: SWMrsHogfan
I lived in Fouke from about 6 months old until I went to college. It may be a safe place to raise a family (if you are white), but it is full of rednecks, racists and white trash. And Texarkana is becoming a dangerous place, so he did not post any lies. I still follow all the news sites on Facebook and there are shootings and robberies there on a regular basis, which is not good for a smaller town like that.
I kind of agree with this but instead of redneck and racist people I'd just use the term dope head. Most of the redneck and racist people around there just mind their own business and want to be left alone. Personally I think there is a lot of drugs coming from texarkana to Fouke. It's easier for people to set up meth labs in Fouke than it is in texarkana.

It's being reported the 12 year old has Autism, lived right behind the store and was infatuated with the 21 year old girl. Still doesn't explain why he had a gun at 2 AM though. He apparently had enough sense to ditch his clothes though.

It's being reported the 12 year old has Autism, lived right behind the store and was infatuated with the 21 year old girl. Still doesn't explain why he had a gun at 2 AM though. He apparently had enough sense to ditch his clothes though.

That's awful.

Many get Autism confused though. My good friend has an Autistic son and he is one of the smartest kids Ive ever met and is very together.

Reactions: Mr.Razorback
That's awful.

Many get Autism confused though. My good friend has an Autistic son and he is one of the smartest kids Ive ever met and is very together.
I think some people are looking for something else to blame it on. I put the blame on the boy and bad parenting. From what I've gathered the boy had been sneaking out of the house in the middle of the night before this happened and was also kicked out of texarkana school.

That just depends on where u live .
In America. Crime rate is down drastically everywhere. Sure there are outliers, but 95% of the towns are down. You just hear about every sine one. I was shot at from point blank range in 1990, my friend reported it, I reported it, nothing. Just another day.

By a 12 year old boy in Fouke Arkansas today.

http://www.ktbs.com/story/34408662/ez-mart-worker-found-dead-in-fouke-ar

I heard he shot her 5 or 6 times.
Can't believe a 12 year old did this. What's this world coming to.

take the kid to city hall, put up gallows and bleachers, charge pay per view and the public to attend and put 5 bullets into him on tv. If you are 12 years old and can kill someone like that in cold blood you are irredeemable and have no respect for life. I would waste no resources on this kid, end him.

Reactions: unahogger
My daughter lives in Texarkana. I live 35 miles away in southwest Arkansas. The increasing crime has happened in the last 15 years in my opinion and also in my opinion probably from the increase in meth.

My daughter lives in a very nice area of town that you would think be a safer area, Two weeks ago, neighbor was sitting in his car in driveway watching his child play outside. (This is one block from middle school.) He did that due to fact he didn't feel it was safe to let her play outside without supervision. As he was sitting there on ipad, robber put a gun to window of car. Homeowner hit panic button on remote which was signal for girl to get in house immediately and he also put car in gear and tried to run over robber. Robber escaped.

Couple of years ago, house 3 doors down had elderly lady who was mother of surgeon in town. She was altzheimer patient with 24 hour care in home. Caregiver was cooking meth in her home. Pest control inspector was suspicious and reported.

I have many friends in Fouke. It is a great community. Terrible tragedy for this family and small community. Prayers for all.

My daughter lives in Texarkana. I live 35 miles away in southwest Arkansas. The increasing crime has happened in the last 15 years in my opinion and also in my opinion probably from the increase in meth.

My daughter lives in a very nice area of town that you would think be a safer area, Two weeks ago, neighbor was sitting in his car in driveway watching his child play outside. (This is one block from middle school.) He did that due to fact he didn't feel it was safe to let her play outside without supervision. As he was sitting there on ipad, robber put a gun to window of car. Homeowner hit panic button on remote which was signal for girl to get in house immediately and he also put car in gear and tried to run over robber. Robber escaped.

Couple of years ago, house 3 doors down had elderly lady who was mother of surgeon in town. She was altzheimer patient with 24 hour care in home. Caregiver was cooking meth in her home. Pest control inspector was suspicious and reported.

I have many friends in Fouke. It is a great community. Terrible tragedy for this family and small community. Prayers for all.
That's a shame he didn't accomplish running over the robber. Kudos for trying though

Curious, was he "watching" the iPad or the kid?

In America. Crime rate is down drastically everywhere. Sure there are outliers, but 95% of the towns are down. You just hear about every sine one. I was shot at from point blank range in 1990, my friend reported it, I reported it, nothing. Just another day.
I get what you're saying. Overall crime is down. I won't argue over that with you. I know how you feel about this because you're quick to point it out every time something like this comes up. I think the answer is twofold however.

Crime is down in general. When you go back to the 90's we were at the peak of gang banging, the crack cocaine epidemic, etc. Crime statistics were through the roof. But..... outside of those major cities crime was low. You didn't hear about a lot of the stuff you hear about nowadays. What you see now is overall less crime but crime in areas that it wasn't as prevalent as in days gone by. In other words, this evening large population bases skewed the stats of smaller suburban areas. There was a time when you could legitimately say "That kind of stuff doesn't happen around here." Those days are no more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT