ADVERTISEMENT

OT 21 year old girl killed

You didn't hear about a lot of the stuff you hear about nowadays.

That's because of the emergence of social media and real-time news. You used to never hear about crime until you watched the news at night. Now you can get updates via smart phone apps and Facebook/Twitter pages. It may seem like there is way more crime these days but really its just an increase in communication.

That's because of the emergence of social media and real-time news. You used to never hear about crime until you watched the news at night. Now you can get updates via smart phone apps and Facebook/Twitter pages. It may seem like there is way more crime these days but really its just an increase in communication.
No, I'm not making the point that there is more crime. I'm saying that it's in places that it wasn't. Less overall crime but more widespread. I'm making the point that in the 90's stats from cities like Little Rock skewed the perception of the entire state. If crime goes down in LR it goes down in AR but that doesn't mean that crime didn't increase in smaller outlying communities.

Reactions: WMFC
No, I'm not making the point that there is more crime. I'm saying that it's in places that it wasn't. Less overall crime but more widespread. I'm making the point that in the 90's stats from cities like Little Rock skewed the perception of the entire state. If crime goes down in LR it goes down in AR but that doesn't mean that crime didn't increase in smaller outlying communities.

Yes crime is way down in major cities like LA and NY and the scews the per capita total down. If you think crime is down in small town Arkansas or America you are sadly mistaken.

In America. Crime rate is down drastically everywhere. Sure there are outliers, but 95% of the towns are down. You just hear about every sine one. I was shot at from point blank range in 1990, my friend reported it, I reported it, nothing. Just another day.
But is this a general statement of overall numbers vs. local numbers? I'm sure there are some larger cities where crime is down...but surely, there are hotspots where crime is greater?

Last edited:
I don't have a link. geez I have common sense.
http://science.time.com/2013/07/23/...ut-that-cities-are-the-safest-places-to-live/

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm

"Today, the national crime rate is about half of what it was at its height in 1991. Violent crime has fallen by 51 percent since 1991, and property crime by 43 percent. In 2013 the violent crime rate was the lowest since 1970. And this holds true for unreported crimes as well. According to the National Crime Victimization Survey, since 1993 the rate of violent crime has declined from 79.8 to 23.2 victimizations per 1,000 people"

Oh, so you're using an opinion when links, facts and other evidence is used? Makes sense. You're spouting BS.

No Im not and you know exactly what I am saying. Crime is way down in LR since 1990 but it isn't in smalltown Arkansas. You know that, you are smarter than that man.

No Im not and you know exactly what I am saying. Crime is way down in LR since 1990 but it isn't in smalltown Arkansas. You know that, you are smarter than that man.
Find a link that supports that. Some areas, sure. But the majority, it's not.

I lived in Fouke from about 6 months old until I went to college. It may be a safe place to raise a family (if you are white), but it is full of rednecks, racists and white trash. And Texarkana is becoming a dangerous place, so he did not post any lies. I still follow all the news sites on Facebook and there are shootings and robberies there on a regular basis, which is not good for a smaller town like that.
First the crime rate statistics quoted were wrong weather purposely or not. Look it up. There are quite a few cities in arkansas with higher crime rates than Texarkana. Another thing this happened in Fouke not Texarkana. As far as you calling people there racist sounds like you are profiling. Don't know how long you have been gone but times have changed. There are blacks in school at Fouke now and they have no problems there. How does race get brought into this anyway both the victim and criminal were white. The kid that comitted the crime had mental issues but not autism.

Find a link that supports that. Some areas, sure. But the majority, it's not.
Hahah you are a funny one. You believe everything you read on the net? The small town I grew up in the the 70s and 80s was more like Mayberry than anything else. Now there is a meth head on every corner and break ins happening all the time. we used to never lock our cars or homes now just the opposite. And no I don't have a link for that either. MR R you sound like a millennial that just doesn't know any better.

Hahah you are a funny one. You believe everything you read on the net? The small town I grew up in the the 70s and 80s was more like Mayberry than anything else. Now there is a meth head on every corner and break ins happening all the time. we used to never lock our cars or homes now just the opposite. And no I don't have a link for that either. MR R you sound like a millennial that just doesn't know any better.
K.
That

That is exactly right look up crime rates by cities. Crime is everywhere unfortunately. A large portion proably influenced by drug use.
Lol, go look at crime rates in the 80's and 90's where you grew up. It's much worse.

Pick the town you grew up in, and your age. I'll see if I can Google it. You can PM me if you'd like.

Last edited:
Reactions: Annertan0
I lived in Fouke from about 6 months old until I went to college. It may be a safe place to raise a family (if you are white), but it is full of rednecks, racists and white trash. And Texarkana is becoming a dangerous place, so he did not post any lies. I still follow all the news sites on Facebook and there are shootings and robberies there on a regular basis, which is not good for a smaller town like that.
First the crime rate statistics quoted were wrong weather purposely or not. Look it up. There are quite a few cities in arkansas with higher crime rates than Texarkana. Another thing this happened in Fouke not Texarkana. As far as you calling people there racist sounds like you are profiling. Don't know how long you have been gone but times have changed. There are blacks in school at Fouke now and they have no problems there. How does race get brought into this anyway both the victim and criminal were white. The kid that comitted the crime had mental issues but not autism.

Because we were talking about how "great" of a place Fouke was. The murder had nothing to do with race, I was just referring to the town in general. Just because there are a few black kids doesn't change anything. The people who stay there after high school are the bad ones and then they pass that down to their kids. I heard the N word every day at school growing up.

And My mom works at the school so I think I know what I'm talking about. I would never want to raise a kid in that small-minded place.

Because we were talking about how "great" of a place Fouke was. The murder had nothing to do with race, I was just referring to the town in general. Just because there are a few black kids doesn't change anything. The people who stay there after high school are the bad ones and then they pass that down to their kids. I heard the N word every day at school growing up.

And My mom works at the school so I think I know what I'm talking about. I would never want to raise a kid in that small-minded place.
Whatever you think Mr high and mighty. My wife is a teacher in Fouke. Like I said you steroids type from your past experience 30 years ago.

Whatever you think Mr high and mighty. My wife is a teacher in Fouke. Like I said you steroids type from your past experience 30 years ago.

LMAO. I graduated in the 2000s.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT