ADVERTISEMENT

Baylor still Bayloring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a good look:

Waco police, according to documents, took extraordinary steps to keep it from the public view "given the potential high-profile nature of the incident." According to a police report obtained by Outside the Lines, Waco's investigating officer asked a commander that "the case be pulled from the computer system so that only persons who had a reason to inquire about the report would be able to access it." The report was placed in a locked office.

Sucks for Baylor fans too. I don't think I could root for a program that had done all that unless they just cleaned house.

This was ridiculous a few accusations ago. I don't even know what the call the Baylor athletic program now. It's amazing that Baylor ignores all the problems and nothing ever happens to them. The NCAA is worried if a coach gets cream cheese for a kids bagel (that's an actual violation, not kidding), but ignores Baylor's pattern of behavior. SMH

baylor-ken-starr.jpg

Pimpin' Baylor style

Last edited:
This is a school that had a basketball player kill another basketball player. And then it came out that the dead player was paid by the head coach, Dave Bliss, to go there. And Bliss was caught on tape coming up with a plan to cover up the payments by starting a rumor that the dead player was a drug dealer. Major sanctions, half season death penalty for the program, bunch of scholarships, etc.

They took that so seriously that they hired Scott Drew as his replacement.

This is a school that had a basketball player kill another basketball player. And then it came out that the dead player was paid by the head coach, Dave Bliss, to go there. And Bliss was caught on tape coming up with a plan to cover up the payments by starting a rumor that the dead player was a drug dealer. Major sanctions, half season death penalty for the program, bunch of scholarships, etc.

They took that so seriously that they hired Scott Drew as his replacement.
Like I said, it's a part of the culture there. Hard to reconcile that culture with this:

http://www.baylor.edu/about/index.php?id=88782

I will disagree with a very level headed, very respected poster in my view in @mikedamone. Just because we have had some big issues in the past doesn't make covering it up okay. The cover up is always worse than what was covered up.

Why cover this up? Why was it allowed? Who asked, who agreed, and why?

This just isn't acceptable and its not acceptable any where by any one. Baylor should take the step and make an issue of finding out who did this and why and get rid of them. Ive said it before but they need a Jeff Long moment to clean out the trash can.

Reactions: psycHOGlogist
I will disagree with a very level headed, very respected poster in my view in @mikedamone. Just because we have had some big issues in the past doesn't make covering it up okay. The cover up is always worse than what was covered up.

This just isn't acceptable and its not acceptable any where by any one. Baylor should take the step and make an issue of finding out who did this and why and get rid of them. Ive said it before but they need a Jeff Long moment to clean out the trash can.
I hear you. My post was dripping in sarcasm, stemming from this thread:

https://arkansas.forums.rivals.com/threads/another-baylor-rape.52485/

Imagine if this were Arkansas? It's hard to put myself in that spot.

At the very least I'd be actively demanding some transparency. Beyond that I'd hope a large number of Arkansas fans would make enough of a stink that there would be a lot of people losing jobs.

At the very least I'd be actively demanding some transparency. Beyond that I'd hope a large number of Arkansas fans would make enough of a stink that there would be a lot of people losing jobs.
Right. I don't blame the Baylor fans for not bailing, but the "nothing to see here" attitude is pretty mind-blowing.

I believe that Ken Starr the former special prosecutor of Bill Clinton is the President of Baylor. He looks pretty hypocritical now. Now about the police in Waco. They cover up these incidents but last May arrested what 170 people at Twin Peaks, many of whom did nothing, whose crime was being there. Many were in jail for an extended time as the bail was a million dollars.

I believe that Ken Starr the former special prosecutor of Bill Clinton is the President of Baylor. He looks pretty hypocritical now. Now about the police in Waco. They cover up these incidents but last May arrested what 170 people at Twin Peaks, many of whom did nothing, whose crime was being there. Many were in jail for an extended time as the bail was a million dollars.

Waco is a nut house. On many levels.

I just wished there was something we could do to help them (decision makers). We didn't have to grow up and see what they did, I'm sure it's hard to get away from that lifestyle when you only know that way. Maybe we can come up with a solution some day.

I was worried that I might not be allowed to call Kenneth Starr a douche.

I think Mike Damone was being sarcastic.

Reactions: Mass31
I'd be hesitant to throw stones. This happens everywhere. We've had DWI's, counterfeiting, and failed drug tests here, you know.
Sarcasm? Cause I don't remember any of this being swept under the rug, or flat ass covered up by the athletic department.

Are the Bears and the Black Bears suppose to play in 2020If the NCAA had a spine[which they don't],these 2 schools would have enough scholarships taken away to where this game wouldn't mean anything.

I would like to see baylorhog's take on this. He called out pretty much everybody that dared see Baylor for what it obviously is in a thread a few months back and it would be interesting to see if he calls this rape victim out too.

And for those who keep asking, yes Baylor is a Christian school. As a lifelong Baptist(Baylor's denomination), I can assure you all that they are not acting as Christians where the sports programs are concerned. Far from it. My distaste for Baylor is far worse b/c what they represent is far from what they profess to represent. It has been that way for decades.

Imagine if this were Arkansas? It's hard to put myself in that spot.
Not really that hard, we would rally the fans and donors to push cleaning house from the top down. Once done the fan support would be tremendous. A few years later the programs would be strong again while having a much improved image of not only our university programs but the overall quality of moral standing within our state.

But it would have to happen quickly and publicly once all facts were fully known.

I understand a reporter having to ask that question,but I don't know what they expected him to say. "Yes, we were afraid that our football program would lose some of their better athletes, and, more importantly, we were afraid that donations would go down (and we could not pay for our new stadium); so we decided to keep all the details secret." Yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT