ADVERTISEMENT

Hatred

Seems to me there is 'hatred' on both sides if you call having an opinion hatred. Not all people that disagree with an action hate the person yet there's plenty of it on both sides that neither side can claim the high ground.

Even if you agree to disagree some consider that hate. Thus is the problem with today's society. Modern opinion rejects the belief that not conforming is an absolute moral inferiority and combats that with the same broad brush casting all who oppose their modern view as morally bankrupt themselves.

Where is the middle ground? Our nation is more polarized than ever before. It appears everyone is correct and yet everyone is wrong. I fear only a wider divide is in front of us.

Matt 7-3 " Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brothers eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye "

Originally posted by Tick Hog:
Matt 7-3 " Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brothers eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye "
Come on bro.....that's what we do
wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Tick Hog:
Matt 7-3 " Why do you look at the speck of sawdust I is your brothers eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye "
Exactly my point...... for BOTH sides. God commands us to love all sinners and that all sin is equal. Even is you dont believe in God you probably believe we are all equal. Funny how the foundation for the grestest nation ever known to man was laid out 2000 years ago by a guy so many now hate. We have come full ciricle as a nation. Free will is our greatest gift rather by the divine or by sheer hapenstance its up to each of us to determin what we believe is natural or not. Thats also know as freedom of opinion. Also a foundation of a great nation...... and religion. Interesting comparisons IMO that so many refuse to see.

Originally posted by grobertson:
Fuel your hate ... it will make you strong ... follow me to the Darkside
wink.r191677.gif
LOL Yeah, right. You talk a good game, grob, but I know you're just a big ole teddy bear.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

The fact that 95% of us know-it-alls believe that we are the absolute best and most knowledgeable Razorback fan in the universe often makes for lively and contentious message board repartee.

Go Hogs!
wink.r191677.gif

Pretty good take on the fascism in place in my opinion. Read.

See link

This post was edited on 5/12 11:53 PM by JeanLucPiggard

Read

Originally posted by JeanLucPiggard:
Pretty good take on the fascism in place in my opinion. Read.

See link

This post was edited on 5/12 11:53 PM by JeanLucPiggard
Interesting read, JLP.

:|

This post was edited on 5/13 8:51 AM by kj0N

I read JLP's link and I have a few
comments. First, fascism is the wrong word. Here is the definition:

fas·cism

noun \ˈfa-ˌshi-zəm also ˈfa-ˌsi-\

: a way of organizing a society in which a government ruled
by a dictator controls the lives of the people and in which people are not
allowed to disagree with the government

Now, if you want to call it Corporatism, you have a point. The reason this
matters is that you undermine your point when you cant define your topic.

cor·po·rat·ism

noun \ˈkȯr-p(ə-)rə-ˌti-zəm\

: the
organization of a society into industrial and professional corporations serving
as organs of political representation and exercising control over persons and
activities within their jurisdiction.

So what we have here is a private employee whose membership within that private entity supercedes his rights to make any comment he might want to, in a public setting. (If he had made those comments privately, I take absolutely no issue with his right to do so. As appalled as I was with Donald Sterling's comments I think its even more messed up that an illegally recorded tape was used to brand the man. You should be able to say what you want in your home, as dumb as it may be).

But, back to the topic. Clay Travis wrote a wonderful article on this point yesterday and Luke was nice enought to link it. I happen to share many of your fears when it comes to your rights to believe what you want.

As JLP's article notes, many feel its messed up that they catch flack for showing disgusting abortion pictures yet have to watch men kiss. Thing is, you have a right to show those gross ass pictures and men have a right to kiss. You guys are the only ones who havent seem to figure this out.

The government guarantees your right to free speech as it relates to Congress. It does not guarantee your right to be an fvck or to have your fvck opinion accepted. You see how that works? So, just like fvcks can drag the flag through the mud, support torture and hate on minorities, you too can voice your opinion. We the people, dont have to like or support you or your weird take on religion. But, we do support your right to it. You see the difference?

Good post Da Biz. We have freedom of speech, but not freedom from the consequences of that speech. When the Dixie Chicks said what they did about GWB, they suffered the monetary consequences of their speech but were still free to say whatever they wanted. The idea that floats around this country that conservative white men are the most persectured (or are even presectured at all) group in the nation is ridiculous. Having to be considerate of other people or being called out for being a bigot isn't discrimination or persecution.

WRITOriginally posted by BOSSHOGFREE:[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
Originally posted by
God commands us to love all sinners and that all sin is equal.
Too bad most people don't follow this...
wink.r191677.gif
Most Christians do follow it, some dont but most do. The problem really comes from a radical labeling of religious radicals becoming the mainstream acceptable view of the majority of the religion. My beilefs on this matter are what they are and they as most Christians arent fuled by hate but by love and hope that others views will be changed. Not by force but by influence and faith.

Boss I like reading your posts but want to make sure I followed: I assume you meant Jesus when you say that a guy 2,000 years ago laid out foundation for our country.

I don't think I agree but want to make sure I understood.

And generations of disenfranchised peoples of all kinds would disagree that our country is founded on the compassionate life of Jesus of Nazereth.

I'm not so sure we are as polarized as the media would want us to think. They tend to fan the flames of both extremes to keep viewers while the 90% in the middle sit back and wonder who the 5% at either extreme are and where they came from.

Originally posted by HendrixHog:IBoss I like rading your posts but want to make sure I followed: I assume you meant Jesus when you say that a guy 2,000 years ago laid out foundation for our country.

I don't think I agree but want to make sure I understood.

And generations of disenfranchised peoples of all kinds would disagree that our country is founded on the compassionate life of Jesus of Nazereth.
Yes thats exactly what the truth is. Our nation was founded under ther search for religious freedom fueled by fundamentals based in Christian beliefs. Much like Christianity our founders also saw the value of welcoming any and all comers no matter thsir background. Equality of all men, the persuit of knowledge, and the lack of a worldly master are all strong ties to Christianity. Obviously throughout history as I have stated many men have distorted the word of God for power money etc. The teachings of Christ do not reflect those actions.

Our founders did not force their views upon others but took the most powerful aspects, those inevitable rights, endowed by God and built the greatest nation in the history of our Earth. The success of our nation is no coinscidence due to its basic platform. The farther we move away from its basic model the weaker we have become. That is also no coinscidence.

gay agenda being pushed 24/7 gets old. Double standard by the media is what irritates me the most.

I was raised to believe the word "hate" is sort of a curse word.
When I was 10 or so, I got in big trouble for telling one of my little brothers "I hate you."
I got a big rant from Mother: "Do not ever, ever, say that."
And then a strong lecture from Daddy when he got home about the meaning of "hate."
I don't know think I have ever used that word again to refer to a person. I might say, "I hate these shoes." Or even, "I hate Auburn." Would never say I "hate" Gus Malzahn.
I would just say "bless his heart."

Hate is a horrible thing. If only this world could rid itself completely it would be exactly as designed in the beginning. If only Eve hadn't partaken of the forbidden fruit and then gave it to Adam. How wonderful to imagine.
This post was edited on 5/13 10:18 PM by BluffHawg

Originally posted by B0b L0blaw:

Good post Da Biz. We have freedom of speech, but not freedom from the consequences of that speech. When the Dixie Chicks said what they did about GWB, they suffered the monetary consequences of their speech but were still free to say whatever they wanted. The idea that floats around this country that conservative white men are the most persectured (or are even presectured at all) group in the nation is ridiculous. Having to be considerate of other people or being called out for being a bigot isn't discrimination or persecution.
Word to both of you. Dead-on.

I believe every man has his own rights to his beliefs. That said just because it is their right doesn't make it something the consumers want to watch. It is permisable to use four letter words, but not many people want to hear it on what is considred to be family friendly television. ABC/Disney/ESPN can keep on showing grown me kissing, but the fact is about 95 percent of Americans don't want to see that. The company has made their point (yes they are tolerant and accepting) but if they continue with showing that stuff they will lose viewers. And we all know its
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Ok thanks for clarifying boss. That is where I suspected you were going with that.

Truth is a tricky word. If I said "Lou Holtz is the best coach we ever had and thats the truth." It might very well be the case. I may believe it in my heart so what I am saying is true to me. But saying it doesn't necessarily make it true. Even though it very well could be. But I have faith that it is true. my faith does not make it true.

I also would probably disagree with who the founders are and what their Jesus-like intentions were. Unless you refer only to the 17th century settlers of some religious beliefs. Which if so, that is cool. But if you mean any founders as European shippers, traders or mass land owner types that had ANYthing to do with COMMERCE, then that seems to rule out Jesus from the jump. Most things commerce do not equal the teachings of Jesus as I understand them. But I don't know for sure.

But thats just me - I do think the two can coexist (Christianity and Economy). I just balk at a Jesus-principled roots of a country. That has always insulted the idea of Jesus to me. To each his own.

Originally posted by HendrixHog:
Ok thanks for clarifying boss. That is where I suspected you were going with that.

Truth is a tricky word. If I said "Lou Holtz is the best coach we ever had and thats the truth." It might very well be the case. I may believe it in my heart so what I am saying is true to me. But saying it doesn't necessarily make it true. Even though it very well could be. But I have faith that it is true. my faith does not make it true.

I also would probably disagree with who the founders are and what their Jesus-like intent were. Unless you refer only to the 17th century settlers of some religious beliefs. Which if so, that is cool. But if you mean any founders as European shippers, traders or mass land owner types that had ANYthing to do with COMMERCE, then that seems to rule out Jesus from the jump. Most things commerce do not equal the teachings of Jesus as I understand them. But I don't know for sure.

But thats just me - I do think the two can coexist (Christianity and Economy). I just balk at a Jesus-principled roots of a country. That has always insulted the idea of Jesus to me. To each his own.
Our nation in not founded on Christianity alone but it is founded on the principals of Christianity that have no historical equal. The idea that each man is endowed by the natural rights of freedom given to us by God that no man can take away had no equal throughout the history of nations. There is a massive difference between a religious state and a state that used a religion to build its fundamentals. My wife who is a history major (specifically early US history). Yes, it is the truth that not only was the country setteled by Christian based people seeking asylum as well our founders used the religions principals to mold our world changing core beliefs. This is fact. I understand that may not sit well with you and thats ok but it is the truth. Conjecture doesnt change history. The use of the word God is very telling. Befofe the Jewish religion came to be known there was no wide stream understanding of a singulard God and then ALL new religions held that principal. A singular God is biblical and in the time of the founders written in English it is all but certainly a reference to a Christian God. Even so the just a in the Bible free will is given to the people in our nation. The same freedom of will and choice Given by God can be used to denounce him.

most non Christians refuse to see that part of Christianity. The teachings of Christ have been labeled as hate speech and it could not be further from the truth. There is in fact a direct connection between the teachings of Christ that were historically ground breaking and our nations founding pricipals.

Good post. All religions have their bad apples. Christianity certainly does. I'm no fan at all of islam as a faith; I find it reprehensible in overall world view, treatment of women, gays, and just about anyone who is not them. But it's important to remember that most Muslims are not wearing bombs on their belts. You just hear about the ones that do because they are the one's seeking a camera.

Much the same way, hateful Christians are heard much more than those who exercise Jesus' love and actual teachings. The fault lies with the majority of both faiths largely though. They allow themselves to be defined or sit idly by while they and their faith are defined in that way.
Originally posted by BOSSHOGFREE:

WRITOriginally posted by BOSSHOGFREE:
[/QUOTE]
Originally posted by
God commands us to love all sinners and that all sin is equal.
Too bad most people don't follow this...
wink.r191677.gif
Most Christians do follow it, some dont but most do. The problem really comes from a radical labeling of religious radicals becoming the mainstream acceptable view of the majority of the religion. My beilefs on this matter are what they are and they as most Christians arent fuled by hate but by love and hope that others views will be changed. Not by force but by influence and faith.[/QUOTE]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT