ADVERTISEMENT

Texas tech basketball coach suspended

Their PG is a freshman and is averaging 11 PPG with 38% 3PT. Scored 23 against Texas, 18 against Kansas, and 17 against TCU.

Jaylon Tyson is a 6’6 guard averaging 11 and 6 with 41% 3PT. Scored double digits against multiple ranked teams.

Not sure how to feel about this one. He was quoting the Bible which has absolutely nothing to do with African American slavery.

Still not something that you should say in a work environment.

He’s refusing to apologize which is a bold strategy.

“According to Stadium, Tech is also investigating an allegation that Adams spit on a player during a game earlier in the season. Adams, who said he had a bad cough and got saliva on a player, is accused of telling the player “I can spit on you whenever I want to." He told Stadium that he didn't remember saying that.”

Not sure how to feel about this one. He was quoting the Bible which has absolutely nothing to do with African American slavery.

Still not something that you should say in a work environment.

He’s refusing to apologize which is a bold strategy.

Edit: I looked it up.

I assume he was quoting Ephesians 6:5. There are some connections to it and AA slavery in the US. It and Genesis 9:18 - 27 were both used as justification for African slavery by southern plantation owners in the 18th and 19th centuries. There is quite a bit of literature on it, but Mark Noll is usually the go to expert. Both the Baptist and Methodist churches split in the 1840s due to disagreeing over their interpretation of scripture as it related to slavery -- as well as the cultural and economic threats that abolition posed to the South. The Southern Baptist Convention actually apologized in 1995 at the century and a half anniversary.

Last edited:
Edit: I looked it up.

I assume he was quoting Ephesians 6:5. There are some connections to it and AA slavery in the US. It and Genesis 9:18 - 27 were both used as justification for African slavery by southern plantation owners in the 18th and 19th centuries. There is quite a bit of literature on it, but Mark Noll is usually the go to expert. Both the Baptist and Methodist churches split in the 1840s due to disagreeing over their interpretation of scripture as it related to slavery -- as well as the cultural and economic threats that abolition posed to the South. The Southern Baptist Convention actually apologized in 1995 at the century and a half anniversary.
Most dictators/terrible things in human history have used religion as a shield for their atrocities.

If he said it with intent of being racist, or he has a history of racism - which I’m sure they’re feverishly looking to see exists - then you look at it in a different light. If not, I don’t think you take one religions, one persons/groups interpretation, etc as a guide for how to interpret someone’s religious convictions/thoughts.

Hitler relentlessly claimed to be a catholic. Not sure that should be used as a defense for Catholicism to never be referenced.

Very odd situation, though.

Most dictators/terrible things in human history have used religion as a shield for their atrocities.

If he said it with intent of being racist, or he has a history of racism - which I’m sure they’re feverishly looking to see exists - then you look at it in a different light. If not, I don’t think you take one religions, one persons/groups interpretation, etc as a guide for how to interpret someone’s religious convictions/thoughts.

Hitler relentlessly claimed to be a catholic. Not sure that should be used as a defense for Catholicism to never be referenced.

Very odd situation, though.

Sure. But the point is that within the context and confines of American history, there is a significant connection to the idea he referenced in Ephesians and racism / slaver-master relationships. Intent always matters, but you can't control how other people interpret your intent. At a minimum, he was not being careful. Ideally that's all it was.

Reactions: HendrixHog
Sure. But the point is that within the context and confines of American history, there is a significant connection to the idea he referenced in Ephesians and racism / slaver-master relationships. Intent always matters, but you can't control how other people interpret your intent. At a minimum, he was not being careful. Ideally that's all it was.
100% and why I think it was reckless and inconsiderate…just not sure what ramifications should be levied from this. EOD, I generally lean towards a guy with 30 some odd years of loving and coaching kids of all ages/races isn’t some closet racist waiting to spring forth and claim he’s a slave master for his players.

But, we’ll see.

Both the Baptist and Methodist churches split in the 1840s due to disagreeing over their interpretation of scripture as it related to slavery
Weird that a perfect God couldn’t inspire an instruction book that everyone would understand and interpret the same way. Even more weird that an all knowing God would not foresee the creation of 35,000 versions of Christianity based on the lack of clear direction and the problems that lack of clarity would cause.

Weird that a perfect God couldn’t inspire an instruction book that everyone would understand and interpret the same way. Even more weird that an all knowing God would not foresee the creation of 35,000 versions of Christianity based on the lack of clear direction and the problems that lack of clarity would cause.
It's because he gave us free will. :oops:

Reactions: Coward88
“According to Stadium, Tech is also investigating an allegation that Adams spit on a player during a game earlier in the season. Adams, who said he had a bad cough and got saliva on a player, is accused of telling the player “I can spit on you whenever I want to." He told Stadium that he didn't remember saying that.”
They're obviously looking for anyway they can to fire him for cause and get rid of him now before they start losing 20+ games a year. He can coach, and even here at Little Rock I was already hearing from UALR people that one year that HE was the defensive wizard behind Beard, but his recruiting is going to suck and it won't matter how good a coach he is.

Last edited:
It’s all by the “Perfect” God’s design. You seem angry that God didn’t do things the way you think He should have lol. I’m not surprised you think your idea(s) are better.

It’s all by the “Perfect” God’s design. You seem angry that God didn’t do things the way you think He should have lol. I’m not surprised you think your idea(s) are better.
What a twist. I now agree with the “MP of the reservation” lol

I bet they hire Grant McCasland from North Texas, assuming he wants it.

I do find it funny that Obanor is missing the NCAAT this year after picking them over us. From what I have been told he was set to commit to us, then a day or two before his announcement date TT came in with a big NIL deal. Fast forward to this season, and we will have made it deeper in the tournament each season than he did at TT, and our last scholarship player on the bench has a NIL deal as big as the one TT is rumored to have given him.

I bet they hire Grant McCasland from North Texas, assuming he wants it.

I do find it funny that Obanor is missing the NCAAT this year after picking them over us. From what I have been told he was set to commit to us, then a day or two before his announcement date TT came in with a big NIL deal. Fast forward to this season, and we will have made it deeper in the tournament each season than he did at TT, and our last scholarship player on the bench has a NIL deal as big as the one TT is rumored to have given him.
Yup. Thats the plan. His dream job is Baylor but Scott Drew isn't going anywhere any time soon.

It'll be Mcasland or if they can somehow convince Jerome Tang to leave KSTATE.

Reactions: hogfan4
They were a 3 seed and made the Sweet 16 last year. Barely lost to Duke. Wasn’t a total bust for him.
Agree, but still would have had more success in 2 years here than he would have there, and likely makes more money. With how his recruitment went down it seems fitting to end the way it has.

Reactions: gscottar
I know it's hard to imagine since it probably seems like everyone you know thinks just like you but...70% of the world doesn't believe what you believe and that number is growing daily.

And if you were born in India or China you wouldn't believe it either. You know why? Because even though Jesus was reportedly able to walk on water and raise the dead, he somehow couldn't manage to travel more than a few hundred square miles in his lifetime (how pedestrian - lol).

So his mission to "seek and save the lost" was a massive failure because he ignored 99.9% or the world who then carried on with their traditions that live on today. Would it have killed him to teleport over Shanghai for a few weeks, heal a bunch of lepers and convince some folks that he was the dude?

Reactions: Mr.Razorback

Just catching up on some news. The state of Texas is taking a beating rn. Greenwood’s good friend and frequent guest on the show gets the same treatment.

• Wow
They were a 3 seed and made the Sweet 16 last year. Barely lost to Duke. Wasn’t a total bust for him.
Not a total bust but if he comes here we are probably in the FF last year and who knows what kind of run this year. Instead he ends up crashing and burning in a complete Tech dumpster fire.

I know it's hard to imagine since it probably seems like everyone you know thinks just like you but...70% of the world doesn't believe what you believe and that number is growing daily.

And if you were born in India or China you wouldn't believe it either. You know why? Because even though Jesus was reportedly able to walk on water and raise the dead, he somehow couldn't manage to travel more than a few hundred square miles in his lifetime (how pedestrian - lol).

So his mission to "seek and save the lost" was a massive failure because he ignored 99.9% or the world who then carried on with their traditions that live on today. Would it have killed him to teleport over Shanghai for a few weeks, heal a bunch of lepers and convince some folks that he was the dude?
Dude, he teleported after his death and resurrection to South America to appear to some natives there (who then made gold tablets and then somehow hid them up in the northeast U.S. where John Smith stumbled across them to form his Mormon church). What else to you want? Teleporting is costly, especially back then.

That wasn’t His mission: Jesus came only for the “lost sheep of Israel!” And on His second coming He’s coming only for the Church (Israel; including those of us that have been engrafted in or shall I say Adopted! :)

• Haha

Christianity in China has grown almost 10% each year since 1980. It’s the fastest growing religion in the country and more than 50 million claim the religion in a country where it’s pretty much illegal to be religious (How authoritarian lol). It’s a major thorn in the side of the Chinese government. It’s not just the religion it’s a telling sign of more and more free thinking individuals in their society are becoming braver and braver. Not trying to stir the political religious hornets nest just a little info. You believe what you believe that’s fine.

walk into today high school classrooms and ask how many believe in god, and you will be laughed out of the room,

Christianity in China has grown almost 10% each year since 1980. It’s the fastest growing religion in the country and more than 50 million claim the religion in a country where it’s pretty much illegal to be religious (How authoritarian lol). It’s a major thorn in the side of the Chinese government. It’s not just the religion it’s a telling sign of more and more free thinking individuals in their society are becoming braver and braver. Not trying to stir the political religious hornets nest just a little info. You believe what you believe that’s fine.
The number of Christian’s has grown as the population has grown - but the percentage has hovered around 2-3% for many decades. Every religion in China can claim the same “growth” rate due to the population explosion.

If you look at just one decade, 10% annual growth would mean going from 2% to 5% between 1989 and 1990. That didn’t happen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT