ADVERTISEMENT

We can continue this debate here

Treeclimber2

All-Conference
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2013
Yes, people are lazier now. If you've ever been in the workforce, then you know that it all started changing once our country started going away from god.
Back in the day, people took pride in what they did for a living, and people knew what it meant to work hard. I'll give that credit to the people who raised them, and it just so happens that the people that raised them, we're part of an Era that believed more in god.
There are ALOT of things that have gone to the wayside simply because our country had steered away from god. Ask your grandfather, or an older member of your family... they'll tell you

Should be a grim bottom post ad this week go south.

Btw, neither of my parents went to church or are very religious and I'm a hard worker. They instilled in me a sense of pride and work ethic to do a job right.

Yes, people are lazier now. If you've ever been in the workforce, then you know that it all started changing once our country started going away from god.
Back in the day, people took pride in what they did for a living, and people knew what it meant to work hard. I'll give that credit to the people who raised them, and it just so happens that the people that raised them, we're part of an Era that believed more in god.
There are ALOT of things that have gone to the wayside simply because our country had steered away from god. Ask your grandfather, or an older member of your family... they'll tell you
So ya got it all figured out. You should run for office.:oops:

I bust my ass for a living, built my own company, make a very nice living here in Dallas, married with awesome kids....oh and I annually donate to homeless charities and other philanthropies. I consider myself a role model for anyone with good morals and a work ethic. That said, I'm not religious nor do I believe in god - I also don't criticize anyone who does "believe".

So all that said, please take your "world was a better place..." bullshit and STFU.

God is omnipotent, all-powerful, and EVERYWHERE. Laziness has nothing to do with Godliness or lack thereof. Most Atheists I know are work-a-holics.

BTW - I'm a Christian and a veteran before you start blasting me for being an atheist or liberal sympathizer. This logic is flawed at it's foundation.

Mayberry and the Waltons aren't coming through that door. The "good old days" are a thing of the past if that's your idea of Utopia.

For any of us who are Christians...a sports message board is not the place for us to have these debates. No disrespect, but we're "throwing our pearls before the swine"...meaning we're wasting our time defending our beliefs in front of people who want to belittle us. If someone truly wants to learn about God, they'll either seek us out or seek out a bible. I'm as guilty as anyone for trying to defend God on this board...but God doesn't need us to defend him. He just needs us to live our lives in a way that others see Him through us. Us fighting others on this board is not showing Him in our actions.

I got no problems either way but this post is more for May than during the last game of the season/

God is omnipotent, all-powerful, and EVERYWHERE. Laziness has nothing to do with Godliness or lack thereof. Most Atheists I know are work-a-holics.

BTW - I'm a Christian and a veteran before you start blasting me for being an atheist or liberal sympathizer. This logic is flawed at it's foundation.

Mayberry and the Waltons aren't coming through that door. The "good old days" are a thing of the past if that's your idea of Utopia.

And please don't pull that "Christians are persecuted" BS either. Christians make up 71% of the population. So don't waste your time crawling up on a faux cross as if you're some kind of a martyr that's standing up for God. Your comments are asinine and obtuse. God is alive and well in this country.

Reactions: HogPocket9455
For any of us who are Christians...a sports message board is not the place for us to have these debates. No disrespect, but we're "throwing our pearls before the swine"...meaning we're wasting our time defending our beliefs in front of people who want to belittle us. If someone truly wants to learn about God, they'll either seek us out or seek out a bible. I'm as guilty as anyone for trying to defend God on this board...but God doesn't need us to defend him. He just needs us to live our lives in a way that others see Him through us. Us fighting others on this board is not showing Him in our actions.

I agree with most of what you are posting. But no one is belittling Christians. The only belittling comments I've read are to the OP who posted an inflammatory comment that stereotyped anyone who isn't a Christian as being lazy, when I know PLENTY of Christians that are lazy - yet know no Atheists that I would consider lazy.

Like I said, I'm a Christian as well - but these are the types of comments we can ALL do without - regardless of your faith.

Reactions: gbbaber
I don't ho to church either, and that isn't what this is about really.
This nation was a much better place, safer place, and nicer place to be when God was "pushed" on people more often. I'm not saying that all people need to believe in god to have a good life, but more people had morals and integrity when God was a mainstay. Crime, drugs, poverty, hatred. They are all on the rise, and they have sky rocketed in the last 15 years... oddly enough, just about the time that God became such a touchy subject. America was founded on it, and it's what made our country great. Our country will continue to spiral downward, and I won't ever have to wonder why.

Our country is going in the crapper, and I guess some people just don't wanna admit it... sad.

The reason this country has gone down hill is the same reason Arkansas basketball has. Both have leadership issues. Has nothing to do with the dancing fairy in the sky

Reactions: HogPocket9455
I agree with most of what you are posting. But no one is belittling Christians. The only belittling comments I've read are to the OP who posted an inflammatory comment that stereotyped anyone who isn't a Christian as being lazy, when I know PLENTY of Christians that are lazy - yet know no Atheists that I would consider lazy.

Like I said, I'm a Christian as well - but these are the types of comments we can ALL do without - regardless of your faith.
JDM...there have been SO many belittling comments about God and Christians on this board in this last year that your statement is missing out on. The reason Tree started this thread was because of the belittling on another thread.

The reason this country has gone down hill is the same reason Arkansas basketball has. Both have leadership issues. Has nothing to do with the dancing fairy in the sky
Why so much trolling hate, Mr. R? You spend so much time belittling others and their beliefs. Why so angry and mean-spirited?

Why so much trolling hate, Mr. R? You spend so much time belittling others and their beliefs. Why so angry and mean-spirited?
What is angry and mean spirited about my post? Treeclimber2 called SOPA and me idiots numerous times in the other thread, I'd say that's a bit closer to angry and mean-spirited, no?

This is one of the most ignorant posts I've seen in a while. You're just a hypocritical, outspoken "christian" who thinks they are supreme just because they go to church on Sunday. You probably judge others, bash gay marriage, and try to tell people what to do with their body.

Give it a sabbath... I mean give it a rest.

My bad.

JDM...there have been SO many belittling comments about God and Christians on this board in this last year that your statement is missing out on. The reason Tree started this thread was because of the belittling on another thread.

I can't respond for all the other threads throughout the year - only this thread today. OP is painting with a WIDE brush. People are not black and white. We are all shades of grey and to make a statement like he did that portrays non-Christians as lazy, and by implication - Christians as hard working. He is hiding behind his faith and it's cowardice. Dude posted a jerk comment that is naïve, close-minded, and ignorant. PERIOD.

This nation was a much better place, safer place, and nicer place to be when God was "pushed" on people more often. Crime, drugs, poverty, hatred. They are all on the rise, and they have sky rocketed in the last 15 years... oddly enough, just about the time that God became such a touchy subject
Poverty? So the Great Depression didn't happen when God was a mainstay? Hatred? Did Slavery not happen under God's watch? Crime? Crime is at a 50 year low, I'll include a link so you can read for yourself. The all-time high was in the 50's, 60's and 70's. And guess what, your God was in schools then. http://leftcall.com/4557/u-s-crime-rates-1960-2010-the-facts-might-surprise-you/

I can't respond for all the other threads throughout the year - only this thread today. OP is painting with a WIDE brush. People are not black and white. We are all shades of grey and to make a statement like he did that portrays non-Christians as lazy, and by implication - Christians as hard working. He is hiding behind his faith and it's cowardice. Dude posted a jerk comment that is naïve, close-minded, and ignorant. PERIOD.
Must pray for you , so sad

This is one of the most ignorant posts I've seen in a while. You're just a hypocritical, outspoken "christian" who thinks they are supreme just because they go to church on Sunday. You probably judge others, bash gay marriage, and try to tell people what to do with their body.

My bad.
Praying for you

As a "Christian" myself we should never lay blame to those who don't believe. It is upon us to merely live the life we are called to and love those who don't. This isn't my belief but the teachings of Christ himself. Christians are to judge and hold account other Christians as they represent the body of Christ (his church) but not those who don't believe.

I don't like the term Christian. We will never fully be "Christ like". That's why Jesus called us his deciples. A deciple is a student that tries to adhere to the teachings they aspire toward.

We need to seperate ourselves from the "Christian" label and move toward being deciples of Christ. Then others will see glimpses of the love of Christ and seek him out for their own salvation. The modern example of a "Christian" sadly has little to do with the teachings of Christ casting a poor shadow over the light that we are called to shine in the darkness.

As a "Christian" myself we should never lay blame to those who don't believe. It is upon us to merely live the life we are called to and love those who don't. This isn't my belief but the teachings of Christ himself. Christians are to judge and hold account other Christians as they represent the body of Christ (his church) but not those who don't believe.

I don't like the term Christian. We will never fully be "Christ like". That's why Jesus called us his deciples. A deciple is a student that tries to adhere to the teachings they aspire toward.

We need to seperate ourselves from the "Christian" label and move toward being deciples of Christ. Then others will see glimpses of the love of Christ and seek him out for their own salvation. The modern example of a "Christian" sadly has little to do with the teachings of Christ casting a poor shadow over the light that we are called to shine in the darkness.
Jesus' followers, the devout ones, we're poor, dirt poor. They gave everything to follow Christ. Why doesn't that happen now a days? You think if you give the church 15%, then that's enough?

My bad.
Wrong. Don't go to church, and don't claim any denomination. I'm not sure I believe the whole story about JC and all that, but I do believe there is a god that started all this. I also believe that our nation has gone to shit because of the fact that God has been edged out... hold on a minute...
Edging
God
Out
EGO... imagine that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT