ADVERTISEMENT

Westboro to picket Boston funerals: Anonymous preparing to counter them

Does anyone even take them seriously at this point? I don't even get mad anymore when I see them saying stuff like this. They rarely even carry out any of these protests these days. They just tweet about it.

Its sickening that it's even still called a "Church" - it's a "church" in name only... I'm not sure what you would call a place where as much hate and evil resides..

Originally posted by NashvilleTNHog:
Its sickening that it's even still called a "Church" - it's a "church" in name only... I'm not sure what you would call a place where as much hate and evil resides..
I don't believe there is one christian who attends Westboro. They don't know their bible.

Originally posted by Wehm55:

I don't believe there is one christian who attends Westboro. They don't know their bible.
Just like the Jim Jones bunch decades ago, it is a sick cult masquerading as a Christian group. The left loves it b/c it allows them to paint the real Christians with the same brush to those who don't know the difference. I know of nobody in the Christain world that isn't at least as disgusted by this sick bunch as anybody else. Moreso actually b/c they tarnish what we stand for and feed the already false notions amongst the non-believers as to who and what we are. For those scumbags to claim to be one of us is a downright lie.

Originally posted by hpharri1994:

Does anyone even take them seriously at this point? I don't even get mad anymore when I see them saying stuff like this. They rarely even carry out any of these protests these days. They just tweet about it.
They are more bark than bite these days.

Originally posted by rzrbk7777:

Just like the Jim Jones bunch decades ago, it is a sick cult masquerading as a Christian group. The left loves it b/c it allows them to paint the real Christians with the same brush to those who don't know the difference. I know of nobody in the Christain world that isn't at least as disgusted by this sick bunch as anybody else. Moreso actually b/c they tarnish what we stand for and feed the already false notions amongst the non-believers as to who and what we are. For those scumbags to claim to be one of us is a downright lie.
As someone from the left, I can tell you that I find it sickening and I don't like it one bit. I find it disgusting, honestly. Not really religious either, but I don't think for one second that that is what Christians are about just as I don't feel that all Muslims are terrorists(which was inferred on this board yesterday, not saying it was you)

Originally posted by hendrixhogfan:

As someone from the left, I can tell you that I find it sickening and I don't like it one bit. I find it disgusting, honestly. Not really religious either, but I don't think for one second that that is what Christians are about just as I don't feel that all Muslims are terrorists(which was inferred on this board yesterday, not saying it was you)
In the hopes of not going to far with this response, the WB bunch is a tiny, tiny, tiny faction of radical nutjobs who have no clue of what their claimed religion is about. Muslim doctrine calls for jihad(perpetual holy war which doesn't end until all non-believers are either converted or eliminated) and that is a belief and cause that has literally killed millions around the world and continues to do so everyday. To compare that with a small rogue church that nobody outside of it finds anything but disdain for, is not much of a comparison.

But no, that wasn't me yesterday.

This post was edited on 4/16 12:34 PM by rzrbk7777

In the hopes of not going to far with this response, the WB bunch is a tiny, tiny, tiny faction of radical nutjobs who have no clue of what their claimed religion is about. Muslim doctrine calls for jihad(perpetual holy war which doesn't end until all non-believers are either converted or eliminated) and that is a belief and cause that has literally killed millions around the world and continues to do so everyday. To compare that with a small rogue church that nobody outside of it finds anything but disdain for, is not much of a comparison.

Thanks for the level-headed response. This is how discussions should be. I will concede that the number of Muslims that believe in Jihad far exceeds that of the number of people in the WBC. There are many interpretations of Jihad and not all Muslims prescribe to the extreme interpretations of Jihad(i.e. converting & eliminating). My point was, that there are many Muslims worldwide and within this country that are constantly haunted and disgusted by the actions of "radical nutjobs" that they are often equated with. I don't want to go to far into this response, this is not the forum for it and I am worn out by yesterday's news.

Thanks for the level-headed response. This is how discussions should be. I will concede that the number of Muslims that believe in Jihad far exceeds that of the number of people in the WBC. There are many interpretations of Jihad and not all Muslims prescribe to the extreme interpretations of Jihad(i.e. converting & eliminating). My point was, that there are many Muslims worldwide and within this country that are constantly haunted and disgusted by the actions of "radical nutjobs" that they are often equated with. I don't want to go to far into this response, this is not the forum for it and I am worn out by yesterday's news.
I wish those Muslims would stand up and be heard instead of sitting meekly by as governments are overthrown, people are persecuted, and innocent lives are taken in the name of Allah.

Christians send out missionaries throughout the world willing to live in horrendous conditions to help feed, educate, doctor, and minister to folks as a means of expressing their faith and calling in order to win lost souls(non believers). Muslims send out folks to commit terrorist acts and to destroy the inifdel(all those who don't believe) in an effort to force their will on any who dare defy them.

Just as not all who call themselves Christians participate in mission work, I'm sure not all muslims participate in terrorism or support it. That said, at some point folks need to seriously look at the main basis of their beliefs in a do good vs do evil way and see which fits their most basic belief system. To me, a religion that calls for doing evil to innocent others as a basis for rewards in the afterlife can't be anything but false.

In a followup, just heard on the news that Hezbollah, Al Quaeda, and Hamas have all publically praised the attack and that folks(palestinians?) in Gaza are passing out candy on the streets in celebration. If most muslims are opposed to terrorism, they need to learn how to stifle an extemely vocal and proud minority.

In a followup, just heard on the news that Hezbollah, Al Quaeda, and Hamas have all publically praised the attack and that folks(palestinians?) in Gaza are passing out candy on the streets in celebration. If most muslims are opposed to terrorism, they need to learn how to stifle an extemely vocal and proud minority.
Real weird that terrorist groups would publicly praise an act of terror.

Real weird that terrorist groups would publicly praise an act of terror.
Those aren't just terrorist groups. They control nations over there and they have very powerful influences over their fellow believers worldwide. They are well organized, well armed, well funded, focused on the prize, and have a huge impact on world politics. They, whether some muslims are sickened by it or not, are THE most powerful representation of muslims worldwide and control every muslim stronghold on the planet. Unfortunately, efforts by the politically correct worldwide to paint them as a small minority and poor representation of their faith have given them the time and free pass to be the world players they have become.

Again, if there are muslims out there that do not condone these guys, they need to stand up and loudly be counted. The Christains spent centuries getting past the cruelty and injustice of the Crusades, but they had to put a stop to the flawed mindset first.

I don't see this being reported anywhere credible, in regards to Hezbollah or Hamas or Gaza. Of course, "al Qaeda", which is really just a generic term at this point for any Arab-based terror network, is gonna praise the bombing. Anyway, link?

The only thing I could find is this (which couldn't be more elementary, or have less motive in this situation):

Israel "News Agency"

You seem to understand how powerful these organizations are. So you might also understand why people who don't agree with them don't publicly speak out against them.

Originally posted by jdlee23:

I don't see this being reported anywhere credible, in regards to Hezbollah or Hamas or Gaza. Of course, "al Qaeda", which is really just a generic term at this point for any Arab-based terror network, is gonna praise the bombing. Anyway, link?

The only thing I could find is this (which couldn't be more elementary, or have less motive in this situation):

Israel "News Agency"
I don't do links and I heard it on the radio anyway. But in a common sense kind of way, why would this time be any different than the rest? Do you remember the celebrations and elation on the streets in the Middle East once 911 became world headlines? Those celebrations made TV news worldwide. Have you seen anything since then that leads you to believe there has been a huge about face in the muslim world in the last 12 years? Me neither.

Oh, and the fact that the mainstream media isn't making such things a focal point doesn't exactly lend credence to the lack of any celebrations taking place. They certainly don't want to offend anybody by reporting the truth..

You seem to understand how powerful these organizations are. So you might also understand why people who don't agree with them don't publicly speak out against them.
And that is where soul searching needs to take place. When the core of your faith is dominated by condoning murder, lies, and hatred, maybe it's time to question what you are believing in. Again, it wasn't the Crusades that defined Christianity, it was how they reacted to it going forward.

A man that hides his faith behind fear has more fear than faith.

hp

I think you would be right there with the best of them bub. Dont let your community college education get in the way of your ignorance

I don't believe anyone said all Muslims are terrorists. I said some of the same things 7777 is saying yesterday and got leveled. My whole point is that if the Muslims who are terrorists are that much of a minority then why the hell aren't the rest of the Muslims policing their own. If I was associated with a group that was giving me a bad name, besides last years football team, I would be the first to stand up and attempt to do something about it. The hate for America in most middle eastern Muslims is real, whether terrorists or not.

After what Anonymous did to Westboro several months back, I'm a little surprised that Westboro would consider going forward with their protesting after hearing a warning from Anonymous on this subject.

Due the math and get back to us with the number of people killed in the name of Christianity versus the number of people killed in the name of Islam.
This post was edited on 4/16 3:45 PM by lsmhog

Israel "News Agency"
I don't do links and I heard it on the radio anyway. But in a common sense kind of way, why would this time be any different than the rest? Do you remember the celebrations and elation on the streets in the Middle East once 911 became world headlines? Those celebrations made TV news worldwide. Have you seen anything since then that leads you to believe there has been a huge about face in the muslim world in the last 12 years? Me neither.

Oh, and the fact that the mainstream media isn't making such things a focal point doesn't exactly lend credence to the lack of any celebrations taking place. They certainly don't want to offend anybody by reporting the truth..
There's quite a difference between not making things a focal point and the reporting not existing at all. But ho hum...

Btw - you realize the Crusades lasted for hundreds of years, right? You make it sound like it was a brief passing moment that Christianity easily swept aside. The blight that is Islamic terrorism is a speck on the timeline of human history in comparison to the Christian Crusades.

Westboro is a joke. At this point. let them protest. They are all bark, no bite. The second they do anything, they will be arrested for disturbing the peace. The Boston Police won't let these nutjobs anywhere near the funerals, heck they might not let them anywhere as soon as they identify them.

The way they act- They are no where close to the teachings of Christ.

This thread does seem to bring up a point. There never seems to be any Muslim missionaries that go out teaching their faith while helping and loving on people that need it. I have not heard of any act of terror in the name of Christ that aren't anything more than these cowards/idiots at Westboro.

Originally posted by Looney_Hog:

Westboro is a joke. At this point. let them protest. They are all bark, no bite. The second they do anything, they will be arrested for disturbing the peace. The Boston Police won't let these nutjobs anywhere near the funerals, heck they might not let them anywhere as soon as they identify them.

This thread does seem to bring up a point. There never seems to be any Muslim missionaries that go out teaching their faith while helping and loving on people that need it. I have not heard of any act of terror in the name of Christ that aren't anything more than these cowards/idiots at Westboro.
To avoid all debate here and just address the missionary part. Civil society is grounded in religion in many Islamic countries, in Egypt for example, Islamic groups helped more people than the government in the aftermath of the earthquake of 1992. Most Islamic(not Islamist-there's a difference) groups stick within their own country and provide domestic services rather than going abroad. When you're in an impoverished country as it is, it is hard to justify doing missionary work somewhere else.

The counter argument here is that Islamist terrorist groups sure don't have any problems going abroad and committing acts of terror, but these groups aren't invested in missionary work. This is where Islamist vs. Islamic comes in to play.

Every religion has it's extremists and idiots, we should all keep that in mind.

Israel "News Agency"

There's quite a difference between not making things a focal point and the reporting not existing at all. But ho hum...

Btw - you realize the Crusades lasted for hundreds of years, right? You make it sound like it was a brief passing moment that Christianity easily swept aside. The blight that is Islamic terrorism is a speck on the timeline of human history in comparison to the Christian Crusades.
Different time. We lacked the ability to travel throughout the world, to obtain the truth from a myraid of sources, and to communicate with anybody not standing right in front of us during the Crusades. We lacked the ability for a handful of detemined folks to kill hundreds or 1000's of unsuspecting people in a moment's time, the ability to orchestrate and carry out violent acts half way around the world, and the ability to communicate with like-minded individuals throughout the world from our own home.

You could have taken one nuclear carrier from today and ended WWII in the time it took for it to finish off the Pacific and move to the Medditerrainian. My point with the Crusades was that it went against it's own belief system and was a failure. Study the Koran and you will find that it in fact condones the lies and murder that extremist radicals cling to today as the core of their beliefs, as long as those acts are carried out in the cause of Allah. Nothing in the New Testament teachings condoned the Crusades.

if u want u can chalk one up for people that try and run alumni organizations for schools they didnt attend

Originally posted by Looney_Hog:

To avoid all debate here and just address the missionary part. Civil society is grounded in religion in many Islamic countries, in Egypt for example, Islamic groups helped more people than the government in the aftermath of the earthquake of 1992. Most Islamic(not Islamist-there's a difference) groups stick within their own country and provide domestic services rather than going abroad. When you're in an impoverished country as it is, it is hard to justify doing missionary work somewhere else.

The counter argument here is that Islamist terrorist groups sure don't have any problems going abroad and committing acts of terror, but these groups aren't invested in missionary work. This is where Islamist vs. Islamic comes in to play.
As soon as I see/hear of a Christian terrorist group taking credit for bombings and hijackings of innocent people abroad to make a point, I will jump on them too. Especailly if folks in our country take to the streets to celebrate the carnage. Likewise, when I start to see muslim missionaries doing good things in sacrificial ways for those who don't share their own views, I will start to defend them.

This post was edited on 4/16 6:53 PM by rzrbk7777

Originally posted by lsmhog:

Due the math and get back to us with the number of people killed in the name of Christianity versus the number of people killed in the name of Islam.

This post was edited on 4/16 3:45 PM by lsmhog
No man, you due(do) the math if you have any, especially the numbers that pertain to folks killed due to both religions say, in the last 50 years or so. That timeline would seem far more pertinent to the topic at hand. I mean, I haven't noticed any nazi death camps springing up lately, have you? Look forward to your response.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT