ADVERTISEMENT

Westboro to picket Boston funerals: Anonymous preparing to counter them

FWIW, the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood condemned the attacks today.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

In a statement by the Brotherhood's political arm, the Freedom and Justice party, the group said Islamic law, or Shariah, does not condone violence against civilians, and expressed condolences to the American people and families of the victims.

The party also said that Islamic law "firmly rejects assaults on civilians and doesn't accept any means of terrorizing people, regardless of their religion, color, or gender."

"The sinful assaults in Boston ascertain the necessity of solidarity of the international community in efforts to achieve justice and well-being for all nations and communities, and to ensure that these crimes don't take place again," the statement said.

I am no expert on religions, nor will I act like I am. However, our media has done quite a job slamming/demonizing Muslims. Every Muslim I've met have been solid character people. I'm starting to believe that the media's portrayal of the Muslim faith is no different than an international news group portraying Christians with the WBC as the poster child. While I don't agree with the Muslim faith, I believe there are some outstanding, high character individuals that are Muslim that must deal with the dark cloud created by mainstream media.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

^^^^you really believe they get a bad rap? Not a chance. There have been several instances when top Al Queda terrorists have been show associating with too ranking Mosque officials in many cities. The middle eastern Muslims who advocate for peace are in the minority. My next door neighbor growing up said as much to me. His name was Al Sharbarti. He despised the fundamentalists who caused him to get the looks and racism. He was a professor at ASU btw. Only issue I had with him , he seemed to never be home when he owed me for mowing his yard.

Originally posted by rdf4ta:
I am no expert on religions, nor will I act like I am. However, our media has done quite a job slamming/demonizing Muslims. Every Muslim I've met have been solid character people. I'm starting to believe that the media's portrayal of the Muslim faith is no different than an international news group portraying Christians with the WBC as the poster child. While I don't agree with the Muslim faith, I believe there are some outstanding, high character individuals that are Muslim that must deal with the dark cloud created by mainstream media.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
If an international news group wants to portray Christians in a poor light they need to pick someone more harmful than some little haters protesting. Comparing a group who has a history of killing to a group who has a history of protesting is apples to oranges (and I am talking my lifetime). I'm only concerned with what we are dealing with these days; there are plenty of fine Muslims I am sure and they are here in the US to get away from the horrors in the Middle East. One thing I don't understand
is some people when discussing the possibility of domestic terrorism are mentioning Devid Koresh' name. I get McVeigh, Rudolph, and their ilk but McVeigh was just some crazy who thought he was God. Am I missing something about him?

Originally posted by mikedamone:

>>>>>>>>>>>>

In a statement by the Brotherhood's political arm, the Freedom and Justice party, the group said Islamic law, or Shariah, does not condone violence against civilians, and expressed condolences to the American people and families of the victims.

The party also said that Islamic law "firmly rejects assaults on civilians and doesn't accept any means of terrorizing people, regardless of their religion, color, or gender."

"The sinful assaults in Boston ascertain the necessity of solidarity of the international community in efforts to achieve justice and well-being for all nations and communities, and to ensure that these crimes don't take place again," the statement said.
Mike gets it...thanks for sharing.

Originally posted by rzrbk7777:
Originally posted by lsmhog:

Originally posted by hendrixhogfan:

Originally posted by Wehm55:

Originally posted by NashvilleTNHog:
Its sickening that it's even still called a "Church" - it's a "church" in name only... I'm not sure what you would call a place where as much hate and evil resides..
I don't believe there is one christian who attends Westboro. They don't know their bible.
Just like the Jim Jones bunch decades ago, it is a sick cult masquerading as a Christian group. The left loves it b/c it allows them to paint the real Christians with the same brush to those who don't know the difference. I know of nobody in the Christain world that isn't at least as disgusted by this sick bunch as anybody else. Moreso actually b/c they tarnish what we stand for and feed the already false notions amongst the non-believers as to who and what we are. For those scumbags to claim to be one of us is a downright lie.
As someone from the left, I can tell you that I find it sickening and I don't like it one bit. I find it disgusting, honestly. Not really religious either, but I don't think for one second that that is what Christians are about just as I don't feel that all Muslims are terrorists(which was inferred on this board yesterday, not saying it was you)
In the hopes of not going to far with this response, the WB bunch is a tiny, tiny, tiny faction of radical nutjobs who have no clue of what their claimed religion is about. Muslim doctrine calls for jihad(perpetual holy war which doesn't end until all non-believers are either converted or eliminated) and that is a belief and cause that has literally killed millions around the world and continues to do so everyday. To compare that with a small rogue church that nobody outside of it finds anything but disdain for, is not much of a comparison.

But no, that wasn't me yesterday.

This post was edited on 4/16 12:34 PM by rzrbk7777
Due the math and get back to us with the number of people killed in the name of Christianity versus the number of people killed in the name of Islam.

This post was edited on 4/16 3:45 PM by lsmhog
No man, you due(do) the math if you have any, especially the numbers that pertain to folks killed due to both religions say, in the last 50 years or so. That timeline would seem far more pertinent to the topic at hand. I mean, I haven't noticed any nazi death camps springing up lately, have you? Look forward to your response.
Recent Christian Genocide:
Bosnia
Croatia
Zanzibar (1964)

Recent Christian Terrorism:
Anders Behring Breivik
Lord's Resistance Army (Uganda)
Eric Rudolph (USA)
Peru Shaman Murders (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/oct/06/peru-shaman-murders)
2002 Soweto

It can also be argued that the Bible advocates genocide. For example:

Exodus, Chapter 34, verses 11-14

You will chase your enemies, and they shall fall by the sword before you. Five of you shall chase a hundred, and a hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight; your enemies shall fall by the sword before you. For I will look on you favorably and make you fruitful, multiply you and confirm My covenant with you. You shall eat the old harvest, and clear out the old because of the new.

1 Samuel (15:3), God said to Saul:
"Now go, attack the Amalekites, and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys."
These chapter and verses justified the Crusades, an example of Christian Genocide that Muslims remember to today and was most recently employed against the Assyrian Purge of the 1890's and the Bosnian and Croatian Muslims in the 1990's.

Singling out Muslims is historically inaccurate, bigoted, and inaccurate.

Originally posted by mikedamone:

>>>>>>>>>>>>

Mike gets it...thanks for sharing.
Would that be the same Egyptian Brotherhood arm that just collected a huge check and some state-of-the-art fighter planes from the US? Update us when they have launched an investigation on foreign muslim terrorists groups in their country and have actually done something beyond lip service.

I'm impressed that a Muslim run Mid East group actually said anything publicly on our behalf but I'm sure they realize it's going to take parts and money to keep those planes going. Afterall, they can still say anything they want in a not-for-public consumption sort of way.

The tolerance crowd has adopted the muslims as their pet religious faction w/o even a clue that they would be amongst the first rounded up and hauled away if a mid-east type muslim regime ever took over our country. Muslim governments tend to be amongst the most intolerant on earth and would absolutely despise everything the "tolerants" stand for and would stifle them decisively from the start. Yeah, you guys really "get it".

Put a Christian or Jewish label on the terrorists acts and human rights suppression done in the last generation by the Muslims and the tolerants would be the last bunch to run to their defense. Just the opposite quite likely if recent history serves as any indicator. Funny how intolerant the tolerants can be when it suits them.

Still waiting for that math ism.

Originally posted by ermackey:

Its sickening that it's even still called a "Church" - it's a "church" in name only... I'm not sure what you would call a place where as much hate and evil resides..
I don't believe there is one christian who attends Westboro. They don't know their bible.
Just like the Jim Jones bunch decades ago, it is a sick cult masquerading as a Christian group. The left loves it b/c it allows them to paint the real Christians with the same brush to those who don't know the difference. I know of nobody in the Christain world that isn't at least as disgusted by this sick bunch as anybody else. Moreso actually b/c they tarnish what we stand for and feed the already false notions amongst the non-believers as to who and what we are. For those scumbags to claim to be one of us is a downright lie.
As someone from the left, I can tell you that I find it sickening and I don't like it one bit. I find it disgusting, honestly. Not really religious either, but I don't think for one second that that is what Christians are about just as I don't feel that all Muslims are terrorists(which was inferred on this board yesterday, not saying it was you)
In the hopes of not going to far with this response, the WB bunch is a tiny, tiny, tiny faction of radical nutjobs who have no clue of what their claimed religion is about. Muslim doctrine calls for jihad(perpetual holy war which doesn't end until all non-believers are either converted or eliminated) and that is a belief and cause that has literally killed millions around the world and continues to do so everyday. To compare that with a small rogue church that nobody outside of it finds anything but disdain for, is not much of a comparison.

Due the math and get back to us with the number of people killed in the name of Christianity versus the number of people killed in the name of Islam.

No man, you due(do) the math if you have any, especially the numbers that pertain to folks killed due to both religions say, in the last 50 years or so. That timeline would seem far more pertinent to the topic at hand. I mean, I haven't noticed any nazi death camps springing up lately, have you? Look forward to your response.
Bosnia
Croatia
Zanzibar (1964)

Anders Behring Breivik
Eric Rudolph (USA)
Peru Shaman Murders (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/oct/06/peru-shaman-murders)
2002 Soweto

You will chase your enemies, and they shall fall by the sword before you. Five of you shall chase a hundred, and a hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight; your enemies shall fall by the sword before you. For I will look on you favorably and make you fruitful, multiply you and confirm My covenant with you. You shall eat the old harvest, and clear out the old because of the new.

"Now go, attack the Amalekites, and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys."
These chapter and verses justified the Crusades, an example of Christian Genocide that Muslims remember to today and was most recently employed against the Assyrian Purge of the 1890's and the Bosnian and Croatian Muslims in the 1990's.

The problem with your take is really simple. Christianity, it's birth, it's foundation, and it's doctrines come from the New Testament. you quoted scripture from the Old Testament. You won't find scripture in the NT that condones any of that until the days of the anti-christ days, and even then it is in the form of fighting back against evil, not initiating the fight. Did I not already mention in this thread that the Crusades ran contrary to Christian doctrine and has been rejected by Christians ever since? I think I did. You do know that even the muslims take some of their heritage from OT history, right?

I also notice you forgot to mention the two WTC attacks, the embassy attacks, the USS Cole attack, the hijackings, the human rights atrocities, etc, that have continued by Muslim led factions since those things you scraped up as proof that Christians are the real blood thirsty religious faction out there in your compare/contrast attempt. How historically inaccurate, bigoted, and, oh wait, we already said inaccurate once, of you.

This post was edited on 4/17 10:13 AM by rzrbk7777

This post was edited on 4/17 10:15 AM by rzrbk7777

Originally posted by THE UofA:
Lots of hate in this thread, but hey that's what religion boils down to 99% of the time, hate.
Yeah, dismissing anything by the use of the words hate or intolerant when you run out of anything else has certainly become fashionable.

Fear less/hope more, eat less/chew more, whine less/breathe more, talk less/say more, hate less/love more, and all good things are yours - swedish proverb

Originally posted by THE UofA:
You're special 7777, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Got anything to add to this debate beyond the tossing of labels upon all you disagree with but can't attack well in any other way? Didn't think so.

Fear less/hope more, eat less/chew more, whine less/breathe more, talk less/say more, hate less/love more, and all good things are yours - swedish proverb
Unless you disagree with it - Tolerance proverb

Bosnia
Croatia
Zanzibar (1964)

Anders Behring Breivik
Eric Rudolph (USA)
2002 Soweto

The problem with your take is really simple. Christianity, it's birth, it's foundation, and it's doctrines come from the New Testament. you quoted scripture from the Old Testament. You won't find scripture in the NT that condones any of that until the days of the anti-christ days, and even then it is in the form of fighting back against evil, not initiating the fight. Did I not already mention in this thread that the Crusades ran contrary to Christian doctrine and has been rejected by Christians ever since? I think I did. You do know that even the muslims take some of their heritage from OT history, right?

I also notice you forgot to mention the two WTC attacks, the embassy attacks, the USS Cole attack, the hijackings, the human rights atrocities, etc, that have continued by Muslim led factions since those things you scraped up as proof that Christians are the real blood thirsty religious faction out there in your compare/contrast attempt. How historically inaccurate, bigoted, and, oh wait, we already said inaccurate once, of you.

I did not post them because the WTC attacks are generally known. So no, they were not bigoted. And I did not say Christians were blood thirsty. I only pointed out that Muslims were not alone in the terrorism and genocide.

Nice strawman though. Please take him with you on the way out.

Bosnia
Croatia
Zanzibar (1964)

Anders Behring Breivik
Eric Rudolph (USA)
2002 Soweto

I did not post them because the WTC attacks are generally known. So no, they were not bigoted. And I did not say Christians were blood thirsty. I only pointed out that Muslims were not alone in the terrorism and genocide.

Nice strawman though. Please take him with you on the way out.
Yeah, nobody ever heard of the Crusades or Croatiia before you brought it up. Want to address the other agenda driven falsehoods you threw into the post or just let it go?

7777 , I think you are a great great poster and pretty much have a good hold on subjects, however in this case (if I was you, which I am not lol) I would redirect the mouse to sports related posts.

I don't really know the first thing about the Muslim religion (hell I don't know all that much about Christianity) but you are showing something you do not usually show and that is a total bias to "your belief" and not weighing up any other option as even being somewhat reasonable.

I myself am not religious but I do not hold it against anyone whom is. I also doubt the Muslim bible says to kill anyone who does not believe or hate them?.

I think there is extremism on all sides, always has been and always will be IMO.

Don't get me wrong please as I would string who ever was responsible up by the nads and then when they thought they would be lucky to die I would let them down on an ants nest and let them have at it.

I guess what I am saying is, please stay the good level headed sports poster that I enjoy reading and if you have strong religious beliefs that's fine and even state them, but don't get into a pissing match with others with a different view on something that may or may not exist ( I don't know either way but I will live my life good and treat people the way I would like to be treated)

Originally posted by RazorbackDundee:
7777 , I think you are a great great poster and pretty much have a good hold on subjects, however in this case (if I was you, which I am not lol) I would redirect the mouse to sports related posts.

I don't really know the first thing about the Muslim religion (hell I don't know all that much about Christianity) but you are showing something you do not usually show and that is a total bias to "your belief" and not weighing up any other option as even being somewhat reasonable.

I myself am not religious but I do not hold it against anyone whom is. I also doubt the Muslim bible says to kill anyone who does not believe or hate them?.

I think there is extremism on all sides, always has been and always will be IMO.

Don't get me wrong please as I would string who ever was responsible up by the nads and then when they thought they would be lucky to die I would let them down on an ants nest and let them have at it.

I guess what I am saying is, please stay the good level headed sports poster that I enjoy reading and if you have strong religious beliefs that's fine and even state them, but don't get into a pissing match with others with a different view on something that may or may not exist ( I don't know either way but I will live my life good and treat people the way I would like to be treated)
I like you alot dundee, thank you for your take.

In many ways it doesn't matter what percentage of Muslims condemn or condone atrocious acts in the name of Allah and what percentage of Christians condemn/condone atrocious acts in the name of Jesus. The point is that we shouldn't condemn any of the peaceful ones based upon the behavior of the bad ones. Yeah, Westboro is a small disgusting sect, but so are abortion clinic bombers & assassins, and the KKK. All of them perform their acts because they believe God okays them. History is replete with Christian atrocities. Not just the Crusades, but the Inquisition, the persecution of French Huguenots by the Catholic king, the persecution of Catholics in England by the Protestant Monarchies (& vice versa), the Salem Witch trials & all sorts of other disgusting things. It doesn't matter to me whether any of these people were real Christians or not. They claimed they were. I don't want to condemn any Muslim or group of Muslims because of things some extremists do.

Originally posted by NEastArkie:
In many ways it doesn't matter what percentage of Muslims condemn or condone atrocious acts in the name of Allah and what percentage of Christians condemn/condone atrocious acts in the name of Jesus. The point is that we shouldn't condemn any of the peaceful ones based upon the behavior of the bad ones. Yeah, Westboro is a small disgusting sect, but so are abortion clinic bombers & assassins, and the KKK. All of them perform their acts because they believe God okays them. History is replete with Christian atrocities. Not just the Crusades, but the Inquisition, the persecution of French Huguenots by the Catholic king, the persecution of Catholics in England by the Protestant Monarchies (& vice versa), the Salem Witch trials & all sorts of other disgusting things. It doesn't matter to me whether any of these people were real Christians or not. They claimed they were. I don't want to condemn any Muslim or group of Muslims because of things some extremists do.
Historically speaking, you are correct. Real world speaking, we don't go through strip searches at airports, didn't create the office of Homeland Security, and don't have two holes in the ground where the WTC used to be b/c of Christian, Jewish, Hindu, or Buddhist terrorists do we? This thread did not start b/c we assumed it was the Jehovah Witnesses that bombed the Boston Marathon did it?

There are peace loving muslims out there. I have no issue with them. But they need to get ahold of the faction of their faith that wreaks havoc throughout the world in the name of their faith. You don't care for me nea and I'm fine with that, but I know you know that if it were folks of my faith out there doing those atrocities throughout the world, you wouldn't see me sitting quietly by while they gave my faith, and thus my people, a reputation as cruel and ruthless killers throughout the world. The absolute lack of condemnation for such things as well as a lack of any public efforts to stop them by the peaceful muslims has always given me pause and still does.

Historically speaking, you are correct. Real world speaking, we don't go through strip searches at airports, didn't create the office of Homeland Security, and don't have two holes in the ground where the WTC used to be b/c of Christian, Jewish, Hindu, or Buddhist terrorists do we? This thread did not start b/c we assumed it was the Jehovah Witnesses that bombed the Boston Marathon did it?

There are peace loving muslims out there. I have no issue with them. But they need to get ahold of the faction of their faith that wreaks havoc throughout the world in the name of their faith. You don't care for me nea and I'm fine with that, but I know you know that if it were folks of my faith out there doing those atrocities throughout the world, you wouldn't see me sitting quietly by while they gave my faith, and thus my people, a reputation as cruel and ruthless killers throughout the world. The absolute lack of condemnation for such things as well as a lack of any public efforts to stop them by the peaceful muslims has always given me pause and still does.
I wish there were more universal condemnation of terrorist acts by Muslims, too. No. the 9/11 bombings weren't done by anything but Muslim terrorist. However, the kids in Norway were killed by a guy who claimed to be a Christian & the bombing in OKC was done by guys who were at least raised in the Christian faith even if they didn't claim that bombing was about Christianity. But other modern atrocities are done by people claiming Christianity as a justification for their acts. I didn't hear nearly enough condemnation of the murders of abortion doctors & bombing of abortion clinics by Christians. I was around when Jim Crow laws were still in force while very few Southern Christians condemned those things. In fact, most Christians I knew opposed the Civil Rights laws that corrected those things. (The Southern Baptist Church came into existence following a split with its northern counterparts over the legitimacy of slavery.) I have no way of knowing whether you condemned or stayed silent about the way we treated people of a different color.

As for the Westboro Church, I'm not sure how many Christians would be criticizing them if instead of veterans they protested at the funerals of some less popular groups. Westboro claims all these deaths are God's judgment on the U.S. because we tolerate homosexuals. If they limited their protests to funerals of gay citizens how many Christians would condemn them then?

As far as atrocities in general when comparing religions, it usually comes down to socio-economics and power using religion rather than religion being the root cause. Centuries ago when the Persian and Ottomans were wealthier than the Europeans, they were generally considered the more civil and tolerant societies. Today, Western Europe and the United States are the wealthiest in the world while the Middle East as a lot of poor and uneducated. When the crisis in the former Yugoslavia broke out there was a huge power vacuum in a country about to try and recover from communism. Both Rwanda and NAZI Germany were examples of a minority being the scapegoat for economic downward spirals. Religion then becomes an easy tool to use on the uneducated and improverished masses.
However in the Westboro Baptist case, it's a simple case of a crazy person brainwashing the family tree. HHowever it shows that anyone can use any religion for their own personal and selfish agenda. When we start judging other people by the actions of individuals, we fall into their trap.

Originally posted by hogminer:
As far as atrocities in general when comparing religions, it usually comes down to socio-economics and power using religion rather than religion being the root cause. Centuries ago when the Persian and Ottomans were wealthier than the Europeans, they were generally considered the more civil and tolerant societies. Today, Western Europe and the United States are the wealthiest in the world while the Middle East as a lot of poor and uneducated. When the crisis in the former Yugoslavia broke out there was a huge power vacuum in a country about to try and recover from communism. Both Rwanda and NAZI Germany were examples of a minority being the scapegoat for economic downward spirals. Religion then becomes an easy tool to use on the uneducated and improverished masses.
However in the Westboro Baptist case, it's a simple case of a crazy person brainwashing the family tree. HHowever it shows that anyone can use any religion for their own personal and selfish agenda. When we start judging other people by the actions of individuals, we fall into their trap.
I think you're right--at least that seems to be true in many instances. It seems to be true in the examples you cited. The Protestant/Catholic fights in No. Ireland weren't really about religion. However, I think some of the exceptions to that are the persecution of the Huguenots, the Inquisitions, and some of the religious intolerance toward Catholics in the Old South. At least I'm not aware of there being an underlying socio-economic root in those instances. I suppose there could be.

I wish there were more universal condemnation of terrorist acts by Muslims, too. No. the 9/11 bombings weren't done by anything but Muslim terrorist. However, the kids in Norway were killed by a guy who claimed to be a Christian & the bombing in OKC was done by guys who were at least raised in the Christian faith even if they didn't claim that bombing was about Christianity. But other modern atrocities are done by people claiming Christianity as a justification for their acts. I didn't hear nearly enough condemnation of the murders of abortion doctors & bombing of abortion clinics by Christians. I was around when Jim Crow laws were still in force while very few Southern Christians condemned those things. In fact, most Christians I knew opposed the Civil Rights laws that corrected those things. (The Southern Baptist Church came into existence following a split with its northern counterparts over the legitimacy of slavery.) I have no way of knowing whether you condemned or stayed silent about the way we treated people of a different color.

As for the Westboro Church, I'm not sure how many Christians would be criticizing them if instead of veterans they protested at the funerals of some less popular groups. Westboro claims all these deaths are God's judgment on the U.S. because we tolerate homosexuals. If they limited their protests to funerals of gay citizens how many Christians would condemn them then?
I was a young kid during the civl rights days so I really didn't even know what was going on. Surprisingly though, the southern politicians who championed segregation were staunch democrats. The key here in all of that is, we rejected that stuff and managed to right ourselves. The last thing common Americans want these days is to be labeled a racist. That is a huge departure from my childhood days in the 60's. The Muslims can get on that course anytime.

The guy in Norway was a lonewolf nutjob and certainly not officially or unofficially a representation of the Christian faith. There were no Christians celebrating his act that I ever heard of. Tim McVay was a supremesist wackjob that did the bidding of other wackjobs, but I have no recollection of any of that being done in the name of Jesus.

Once again, trying lump stuff from decades and centuries ago in with current events to take responsibility off of acts of terrorism that literally costs our country billions of dollars and still growing body counts is far fetched at best. Trying to pretend that the Muslim radical world is a minute part of the religion couldn't be farther from the truth. They basically control the Middle East. We, the most powerful military presence on the planet, have spent a dozen years and counting fighting those guys in Afganistan and Iraq, and common knowledge is it is a battle we will never win. That is not a tiny opponent made of of a few extremists. They are well organized, well funded, and wield power that is felt worldwide. No way are they the radical fringe you guys want to see them as. They control the Muslim world for the most part.

Not gonna get into an abortion debate except to say that I was born to an unwed mother in the late 50's(before Roe v Wade) and adopted at birth. From the gist of this thread, no doubt some of you would love it had I been flushed down the drain and so be it. But like It's a Wonderfull Life, I have kids and grandkids, a wife, employees, and others whose lives would have either never happened or turned out much differently had I been an abortiion statistic instead of a human being., so I'm probably not the guy you want to look at for sympathy for abortion doctors.

I was a young kid during the civl rights days so I really didn't even know what was going on. Surprisingly though, the southern politicians who championed segregation were staunch democrats. The key here in all of that is, we rejected that stuff and managed to right ourselves. The last thing common Americans want these days is to be labeled a racist. That is a huge departure from my childhood days in the 60's. The Muslims can get on that course anytime.

The guy in Norway was a lonewolf nutjob and certainly not officially or unofficially a representation of the Christian faith. There were no Christians celebrating his act that I ever heard of. Tim McVay was a supremesist wackjob that did the bidding of other wackjobs, but I have no recollection of any of that being done in the name of Jesus.

Once again, trying lump stuff from decades and centuries ago in with current events to take responsibility off of acts of terrorism that literally costs our country billions of dollars and still growing body counts is far fetched at best. Trying to pretend that the Muslim radical world is a minute part of the religion couldn't be farther from the truth. They basically control the Middle East. We, the most powerful military presence on the planet, have spent a dozen years and counting fighting those guys in Afganistan and Iraq, and common knowledge is it is a battle we will never win. That is not a tiny opponent made of of a few extremists. They are well organized, well funded, and wield power that is felt worldwide. No way are they the radical fringe you guys want to see them as. They control the Muslim world for the most part.

Not gonna get into an abortion debate except to say that I was born to an unwed mother in the late 50's(before Roe v Wade) and adopted at birth. From the gist of this thread, no doubt some of you would love it had I been flushed down the drain and so be it. But like It's a Wonderfull Life, I have kids and grandkids, a wife, employees, and others whose lives would have either never happened or turned out much differently had I been an abortiion statistic instead of a human being., so I'm probably not the guy you want to look at for sympathy for abortion doctors.

--2--_________________________

What in the world does party affiliation of '60's senators have to with a discussion of religious practices and beliefs? I don't want to get into abortion, either. I was pointing out that Christian opponents of it didn't denounce the murderous tactics used by extremist murderers any more than Muslim opponents of terrorism denounce Muslim terrorists.

Christian and Muslim teachings and scriptures are centuries old. It makes sense to use historical examples of each's practices to discuss what it's adherents believe, especially when the examples include very recent events.

This post was edited on 4/17 8:10 PM by NEastArkie

Neast you ask how many Christians would condemn WBC if they only protested gay funerals. The answer would be the true ones, you can guess the number on your own. When you suggest Chirstians only care about the funerals because it is vets it is just the same as 7777 suggesting the left loves WBC.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

The only person who gets IT in this thread is razorback7777. You muslim sympathizers bring up the same christian nonsense everytime. Your so predictable.

Bottom line is throughout the course of history organized religion, in general, has been bloody. I'm all for faith and belief if that's your thing, in an organized fashion it's a different story.

So many believe you have to be a person of faith to be a good and moral person, more so in the south. There are GREAT human beings who have never stepped foot in a church, mosque, temple, etc. while there are scum of the earth folks who are in their place of worship every time the doors are open.

In my experience, growing up, half the people at church were there just to be seen. For various reasons, attempting to portray a person of faith, making business connections, finding a date, etc. A quarter were there because either their significant other or parents made them go and then you had a quarter truly worshipping. This last quarter I respect. The other 75% annoy the hell out of me.

We'd all like to think that, lahogstra. Unfortunately, both recent and remote history suggests otherwise.
This post was edited on 4/17 11:54 PM by NEastArkie

We'd all like to think that, lahogstra. Unfortunately, both recent and remote history suggests otherwise.

Well, I don't believe anybody should protest at anybody's funeral.

The deceased love ones deserve to be able to bury their loved one in peace.

Protest some place else but not at the funeral.

--2--_________________________
What in the world does party affiliation of '60's senators have to with a discussion of religious practices and beliefs? I don't want to get into abortion, either. I was pointing out that Christian opponents of it didn't denounce the murderous tactics used by extremist murderers any more than Muslim opponents of terrorism denounce Muslim terrorists.

Christian and Muslim teachings and scriptures are centuries old. It makes sense to use historical examples of each's practices to discuss what it's adherents believe, especially when the examples include very recent events.

This post was edited on 4/17 8:10 PM by NEastArkie
Finally lobbied Trey into letting you move it. Good for you. Now we can take the gloves off.

Why did I bring up democrats in the 60's? You brought up the 60's and for you to throw Christians under the bus w/o mention of your democrat brothers like Faubus, George Wallace, Huey Long, etc., was just plain wrong. Nobody played a bigger role in segregagation than the leaders of the southern democrats. I heard you are a lawyer so I shouldn't have to tell you that once you open a door on a line of thought you don't get to close it back up when it turns on you. And FWIW, MLK was both a Christian and a democrat.

As far as abortion and the lack of Christian sympathies toward abortion docs, so what? I'll bet you any amount that I can find you as many Christians as you want me to that can honestly tell you they pray for abortionists on a regular basis. They pray for peace in the Middle East, they pray for the souls of gays, and they even pray for obama. Christians who do it right believe that you hate the sin but love the sinner. I bet you were unaware of that.

You tolerance junkies have to be the biggest frauds on the planet. You aren't tolerant of squat you don't agree with. Probably less tolerant than those you label as intolerant. The whole notion of "being tolerant" is a myth. Everybody on the planet is intolerant of what they consider wrong. It's not tolerance to support what you believe in and then turn around and hammer those who don't see things as you do, no matter how often you say it is. I think "enlightened" came to mean blind and stupid while behaving like a snob at just about the same time "tolerance" came to mean well, the opposite of tolerance.

You guys that are on the "be kind to the Muslims, it aint their fault" bandwagon remind me of the folks on the animal channel that try to make pets out of poisonous snakes(no, I'm not calling your beloved muslims snakes for gosh sakes). You fail to grasp the basic truth in life that not every being on this planet desires to be your friend. Have you people paid any attention to how they roll in Muslim run countries at all? How they address freedom of speech, freedom of religion, how they treat their women and children, how they view people who don't see the world as they do? You sure don't act like you have. Those muslim countries make Christians look like the most tolerant bunch on the planet, and compared to them, we are.

You guys need to take your show on the road and go to Beriut, Tripoli, Tehran, etc., and sell your same sex marriage and women's rights stuff to your adopted buddies on busy street corners. Do you have any doubt how that would work out for you? Hate to break it to you guys, but while the Muslims don't tend to care for Christians much, they hate everything you guys stand for. Don't believe it? Take the road trip and find out. Send you some tolerance missionaries over there to teach the natives to embrace your enlightenment and please, please, please video it and get it on the internet before they take you away so we can all watch.

And while I don't totally dismiss the peaceful and passive Muslim stuff you guys throw out, your reasoning on being "all in" on that notion is beyond flawed. If you had a Muslim neighbor, would you have expected him to be out on his lawn doing the victory dance after 911? If you asked, would you really expect a Muslim living in your world to tell you he thought the USS Cole bombing was great, even if he thought it? You passed naive' and went straight to stupid if you do. You think Muslims are that dumb? How enlightened of you. Do you really believe those guys that came over here, took flying lessons, and flew hijacked airliners into buildings, etc., werle strutting around bragging about it before 911? Do you really think they would have told you what they really felt had you asked? Nope, they tried to blend in, seem passive, and go unnoticed. And of course, they knew they could count on those idiotic tolerance infidels to have their backs. That goes back to the pet snake thing again, don't it? And you guys think everybody else doesn't "get it". It would be funny if it weren't so tragic.

This post was edited on 4/18 8:12 AM by rzrbk7777

Originally posted by original hambone:

Well, I don't believe anybody should protest at anybody's funeral.

The deceased love ones deserve to be able to bury their loved one in peace.

Protest some place else but not at the funeral.
Thank you; echoes my sentiments exactly.

Actually it shows us who practices God's love and who does not. Love the sinner, condemn the sin. Problem is there are too many that forget that first part.

Originally posted by LaHoggaNostra:

Actually it shows us who practices God's love and who does not. Love the sinner, condemn the sin. Problem is there are too many that forget that first part.
I agree with that 100%.

Finally lobbied Trey into letting you move it. Good for you. Now we can take the gloves off.

Why did I bring up democrats in the 60's? You brought up the 60's and for you to throw Christians under the bus w/o mention of your democrat brothers like Faubus, George Wallace, Huey Long, etc., was just plain wrong. Nobody played a bigger role in segregagation than the leaders of the southern democrats. I heard you are a lawyer so I shouldn't have to tell you that once you open a door on a line of thought you don't get to close it back up when it turns on you. And FWIW, MLK was both a Christian and a democrat.

As far as abortion and the lack of Christian sympathies toward abortion docs, so what? I'll bet you any amount that I can find you as many Christians as you want me to that can honestly tell you they pray for abortionists on a regular basis. They pray for peace in the Middle East, they pray for the souls of gays, and they even pray for obama. Christians who do it right believe that you hate the sin but love the sinner. I bet you were unaware of that.

You tolerance junkies have to be the biggest frauds on the planet. You aren't tolerant of squat you don't agree with. Probably less tolerant than those you label as intolerant. The whole notion of "being tolerant" is a myth. Everybody on the planet is intolerant of what they consider wrong. It's not tolerance to support what you believe in and then turn around and hammer those who don't see things as you do, no matter how often you say it is. I think "enlightened" came to mean blind and stupid while behaving like a snob at just about the same time "tolerance" came to mean well, the opposite of tolerance.

You guys that are on the "be kind to the Muslims, it aint their fault" bandwagon remind me of the folks on the animal channel that try to make pets out of poisonous snakes(no, I'm not calling your beloved muslims snakes for gosh sakes). You fail to grasp the basic truth in life that not every being on this planet desires to be your friend. Have you people paid any attention to how they roll in Muslim run countries at all? How they address freedom of speech, freedom of religion, how they treat their women and children, how they view people who don't see the world as they do? You sure don't act like you have. Those muslim countries make Christians look like the most tolerant bunch on the planet, and compared to them, we are.

You guys need to take your show on the road and go to Beriut, Tripoli, Tehran, etc., and sell your same sex marriage and women's rights stuff to your adopted buddies on busy street corners. Do you have any doubt how that would work out for you? Hate to break it to you guys, but while the Muslims don't tend to care for Christians much, they hate everything you guys stand for. Don't believe it? Take the road trip and find out. Send you some tolerance missionaries over there to teach the natives to embrace your enlightenment and please, please, please video it and get it on the internet before they take you away so we can all watch.

And while I don't totally dismiss the peaceful and passive Muslim stuff you guys throw out, your reasoning on being "all in" on that notion is beyond flawed. If you had a Muslim neighbor, would you have expected him to be out on his lawn doing the victory dance after 911? If you asked, would you really expect a Muslim living in your world to tell you he thought the USS Cole bombing was great, even if he thought it? You passed naive' and went straight to stupid if you do. You think Muslims are that dumb? How enlightened of you. Do you really believe those guys that came over here, took flying lessons, and flew hijacked airliners into buildings, etc., werle strutting around bragging about it before 911? Do you really think they would have told you what they really felt had you asked? Nope, they tried to blend in, seem passive, and go unnoticed. And of course, they knew they could count on those idiotic tolerance infidels to have their backs. That goes back to the pet snake thing again, don't it? And you guys think everybody else doesn't "get it". It would be funny if it weren't so tragic.

This post was edited on 4/18 8:12 AM by rzrbk7777
1. I'll be the first to admit that southern racists inhabited the Democratic Party in the 1960's. Unlike the teachings of the world's religions, political parties change. The GOP was the progressive better party in the 1860's. In Arkansas under Win Rockefeller it was the progressive better party in the 1960's. Almost all African-Americans in the US were Republicans until the mid-1960's. Now it's flip-flopped. When the Democratic Party under JFK & LBJ championed civil rights laws that superseded state laws & customs almost all those southern racists switched first to Geo Wallace & then to the GOP. (Certainly not all Republicans are racist, but today's racists almost all vote Republican--and use the same slogan's about states rights & too much federal gov't.) Nixon's whole "Southern Strategy" was geared toward gathering in white southerners. It worked. The once "Solid (Democratic) South" is now solidly Republican.

2. I am well aware of the concept about "hating the sin but loving the sinner." However, I think Lahogganostra nailed it. Too many of them forget or ignore the "loving the sinner" part. So no, I don't believe you can find me that many Christians who truly pray for abortionists, etc. I am sure you can find me a passel who claim to.

3. I can't speak for anyone else, but it seems to me the first real 'tolerance junkie" was Jesus himself. He was a perfect example of that "hating the sin, but loving the sinner" deal. You give lip service to it, but your whole post reveals your true attitude. After all, you're the one belittling the attitude of "be kind to Muslims, it ain't their fault." The attitude you're belittling sounds to me a whole lot like, "Father, forgive them. They know not what they do." I'd say your problem isn't with me. It's with Jesus.

4. I won't defend Islam as a religion. I know that as a whole it's a very intolerant religion. I also believe it's a terribly misguided religion. However, as a Christian I've been told by that "tolerance junkie" to love my enemies. I also infer from His teachings that I shouldn't expect non-Christians to act like Christians, but I have every right to expect Christians to act like Christians. Regardless, I know several Muslims in the U.S. and in my travels have been around many more. The terrorists who you think represent all of them are no more representative of them than the KKK is of the Christian religion.

5. I won't defend the theocratic gov'ts of the Middle East, either. They're oppressive. Unfortunately, so have all the "Christian" govt's that I've ever heard of throughout history. Starting with Constantine & going through the church-run states of the middle ages through even more modern gov'ts, states run by any given group of Christians are oppressive & persecutorial of others. They even persecute non-conforming Christians. (The Pilgrims didn't flee a Muslim gov't. Ironically, they didn't come for religious freedom for all, they came to set up "their" "true" brand of Christianity. Check out Roger Williams's story.)

6. Peaceful Muslims in Murphreesboro, TN recently had to go through all kinds of persecution & discrimination because "Christians" couldn't abide the thought of them building a mosque in town. Everyone of those poor people, especially the teens, came across as perfectly normal, American teenagers. They were as peaceful & non-violent as anyone you'd want to meet yet their most compelling exposure to "Christians" must have given them the worst possible view of Christianity. I can only hope real Christians showed them enough kindness & "tolerance" that those Muslims might have seen what Christianity is supposed to be rather than what those intolerant yahoos who were "standing up for right" portrayed it to be.

7. No. I wouldn't like it if a Muslim neighbor did a "victory dance" after 9/11. Fortunately, I don't have any such Muslim neighbors. The few I know were as upset about it as I was. Unlike you, however, I don't want to lump them in with terrorists just because they share some religious beliefs.

8. Even if most Arab Muslims cheered the 9/11 bombings (& I doubt "most" did), that should not mean I should punish or in any way presume the innocent ones are guilty.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT