ADVERTISEMENT

OT 100% NOT the Official Off-Topic/Politics/Corona Thread

I cant believe anyone still believes anything Fauci and the quacks say. And i would be embarrassed to support the democratic party right now.

You clearly don't know many doctors well. First - most of the ones that work in a hospital environment 100% resent money-saving measures and hospital administrators in general. Second - I know a lot of liberal physicians, but I don't know any of them that would be willing to forge an official document for arbitrary political gain.
Sorry geekin on some c4 this morning at the gym and thought I’d do some trollin but if you death certificates are for sure inaccurate right now.

Sorry geekin on some c4 this morning at the gym and thought I’d do some trollin but if you death certificates are for sure inaccurate right now.
They generally are not 100%. Physicians try their best, but they constantly get earmarked by the state and sent back because they don't make sense. That's business as usual though, not necessarily COVID-specific.

Last edited:
Reactions: RHS_Cyclone
Had to post this article on the UAMS model they keep reporting on and quoting:

First, the mean-case and worst-case estimates for total active infections at our peak decreased by 20% and 25% respectively from the June 19 model. Sounds good, right? Well, even with the updates, we’re still on a path toward 150,000 active cases by the end of October.

Let me clarify what an active case is. Those are the people who are currently sick at any one given time. For the past couple of weeks, Arkansas has hovered around 6,000 active cases. And the UAMS model is projecting 150,000 less than four months from now.

Why the 2,400% increase? This model isn’t just projecting the active cases we know about. It also includes those we know are out there but we aren’t identifying through testing – the mildly symptomatic who might not seek out or qualify for a test but who could be quietly spreading the virus.

To quote the summary: “Note that the model predicts total infections, not confirmed cases, which are likely to be only a small fraction of total infections.”

Had to post this article on the UAMS model they keep reporting on and quoting:

First, the mean-case and worst-case estimates for total active infections at our peak decreased by 20% and 25% respectively from the June 19 model. Sounds good, right? Well, even with the updates, we’re still on a path toward 150,000 active cases by the end of October.

Let me clarify what an active case is. Those are the people who are currently sick at any one given time. For the past couple of weeks, Arkansas has hovered around 6,000 active cases. And the UAMS model is projecting 150,000 less than four months from now.

Why the 2,400% increase? This model isn’t just projecting the active cases we know about. It also includes those we know are out there but we aren’t identifying through testing – the mildly symptomatic who might not seek out or qualify for a test but who could be quietly spreading the virus.

To quote the summary: “Note that the model predicts total infections, not confirmed cases, which are likely to be only a small fraction of total infections.”

So about 15k confirmed cases using the 10:1 number that the CDC has thrown around.

Reactions: Lurker_Above
They generally are not 100%. Physicians try their best, but they constantly get earmarked by the state and sent back because they don't make sense. That's business as usual though, not necessarily COVID-specific.
I personally know three people who have “died from Covid.” One of the three possibly died from it. One never tested positive and was on the decline at 95 years old. Another tested positive a month before and died from a reaction to her cancer treatment.

7ac.png

That's in England, they opened pubs last Saturday, the reason they could do that is because they were very diligent when it comes to quarantining and wearing masks, now they get to open up.
Of course it would be ideal if all those folks were wearing masks, but they are drinking (kind of hard to wear a mask and do) and have also done a good enough job to get to the point to were the virus is not on the uptick. I could only hope we get to that point soon, but not looking likely.

Ahhh, love me some mask people.

So, since a huge percentage of the country is using masks, shouldn't the numbers be dropping or maintaining just to those that refuse to wear masks?

Or could it be that masks don't do shyt and that maintaining 6 feet apart is the true difference? Because every time I see mask people they're pushing their way through crowds like they're invincible.

Well, except this one chick at Yellowstone mammoth springs. She was off to the side giving everyone 10ish feet. The proceeds to pull down her mask to shove her finger halfway into her sinus cavity to pluck a booger from the back of her brain. Good thing she had that mask on though.

Reactions: jegreenwood

So, since a huge percentage of the country is using masks, shouldn't the numbers be dropping or maintaining just to those that refuse to wear masks?

Or could it be that masks don't do shyt and that maintaining 6 feet apart is the true difference? Because every time I see mask people they're pushing their way through crowds like they're invincible.

Well, except this one chick at Yellowstone mammoth springs. She was off to the side giving everyone 10ish feet. The proceeds to pull down her mask to shove her finger halfway into her sinus cavity to pluck a booger from the back of her brain. Good thing she had that mask on though.

Masks are effective until you walk out of the store, take it off using your hands, get the germs that are stuck to the outside of your mask all over your hands, stop to get buffalo wild wings on the way home, get home and eat your wings with your hands you just used to touch/take off your germy mask.

Congrats, now you have COVID. At least you got some Asian Zing in you beforehand.

Reactions: mtsuhog85
Masks are effective until you walk out of the store, take it off using your hands, get the germs that are stuck to the outside of your mask all over your hands, stop to get buffalo wild wings on the way home, get home and eat your wings with your hands you just used to touch/take off your germy mask.

Congrats, now you have COVID. At least you got some Asian Zing in you beforehand.

That's why you wash your hands when you get home.

Yeah I guess I am the "mask" guy. You know that idiot who is lessening the chances of myself and others spreading the virus, which is a fact. Yeah, I'm that guy, I guess your the other guy..

Also, have you been to Wally-world or home depot, if so, there is no way in hell you can say a huge percentage of the US is wearing them, thus is the problem, in which you are contributing to. But you do you player..

Majority of people are wearing masks?

the-lie-detector-buew0q.jpg

Majority of people are wearing masks?

the-lie-detector-buew0q.jpg

Idk where y'all be, but everyone in Fort Worth is wearing one and has been for the most part. I maybe count 1 or 2 people every time I go to the store that don't have one on. The rest have theirs on. And I am out and about a lot since I am not WFH right now.

Idk where y'all be, but everyone in Fort Worth is wearing one and has been for the most part. I maybe count 1 or 2 people every time I go to the store that don't have one on. The rest have theirs on. And I am out and about a lot since I am not WFH right now.
It's like that where I'm at too, but it would be hard to care bear and admit that at the same time. IM SAVING PEOPLES LIVES!!! YOU DONT CARE ABOUT PEOPLE!!

Most people at the bad Wal Mart in Ft Smith (Zero St) were wearing masks yesterday. If they are wearing them there, they are wearing them everywhere.
I love how towns with two or more Walmarts have a "bad" one. We call the bad one in Hot Springs the GhettoMart, over on Albert Pike. Then there is GhettoKroger on Central by Oaklawn. I feel like I get COVID every time I walk in those stores.

Yeah I guess I am the "mask" guy. You know that idiot who is lessening the chances of myself and others spreading the virus, which is a fact. Yeah, I'm that guy, I guess your the other guy..

Also, have you been to Wally-world or home depot, if so, there is no way in hell you can say a huge percentage of the US is wearing them, thus is the problem, in which you are contributing to. But you do you player..

Get out of your neighborhood brotato.

Camped from Atlanta to Yellowstone and heading back. A huge percentage of the people are wearing masks and are required in most states or cities. But it isn't working because people still crawl right up into your skin.

I have 2 small kids that lick all over everything, I fly planes, and been in large crowds. So far no covid for me, or it so insignificant that I didn't notice. But then again my BMI is less than half my age.

I wash my hands, keep my hands off my face, give people space when I can. So wear your 14 day old mask.

You have evidence that it's untrue?

Just as much evidence that he had of people wearing them. Which is my own eyes. I'm at Wal-mart on a weekly basis(even the "bad one on Zero st. that @PorkRyan12 mentioned) and see very few people wearing them.

I do take offense to the "bad wal-mart though". I like Zero St. Walmart.

Your governor requires them to be worn. Ol Asa suggests they be worn. Any time I go to the store I'd say it's about 60/40 on masks/ no mask with people.

Reactions: LawHawg4
Just as much evidence that he had of people wearing them. Which is my own eyes. I'm at Wal-mart on a weekly basis(even the "bad one on Zero st. that @PorkRyan12 mentioned) and see very few people wearing them.

I do take offense to the "bad wal-mart though". I like Zero St. Walmart.
It’s a city ordinance in Conway. Was just in Walmart and saw people getting turned away for no mask. Your mayor needs to step up and make a change if y’all have that many folks w/o masks. Y’all are the problem

It’s a city ordinance in Conway. Was just in Walmart and saw people getting turned away for no mask. Your mayor needs to step up and make a change if y’all have that many folks w/o masks. Y’all are the problem

Obviously @DuckTalesLOL isn't the problem because he's complaining that not enough people are wearing them. What would you have him do to fix this, stand in front of the mayors house in his underwear demanding masks be enforced?

OK, on second thought that might work and if not would be worth the entertainment value.

I'm in Rogers, they passed it last week and people are bitching and moaning left and right about the ordinance, a lot of folks saying they will never give Rogers their business again. This just shows how staunch people can be when they are told they need to wear a mask. They aren't easy to convince, this thread is a perfect example.

Obviously @DuckTalesLOL isn't the problem because he's complaining that not enough people are wearing them. What would you have him do to fix this, stand in front of the mayors house in his underwear demanding masks be enforced?

OK, on second thought that might work and if not would be worth the entertainment value.

I'm in Rogers, they passed it last week and people are bitching and moaning left and right about the ordinance, a lot of folks saying they will never give Rogers their business again. This just shows how staunch people can be when they are told they need to wear a mask. They aren't easy to convince, this thread is a perfect example.
Just giving Cucktales a tough time like usual. I don’t have an issue with the mask ordinance personally. But damn if my face dont be sweatin in there, plus I gotta constantly smell my own bad breath.

Reactions: Hogaudacious
Just as much evidence that he had of people wearing them.
I didn't ask him. I asked you. Quit deflecting. Let's stay on topic, which is your response.

You claimed he was wrong. Typically the person who claims someone else is wrong provides evidence to that fact to back up their rebuttal. Are you in a position to do so?

ADVERTISEMENT