ADVERTISEMENT

3 steps back

Interesting viewpoint. Seems to me like BP just sent Flowers, Philon and Spaight to the league last year. All his players and all defense which he supposedly cannot recruit. He also is responsible for the majority of GOOD players on this team which was pointed out earlier by another poster. JWilliams and our QB Allen, both Petrino's guys. If you care to pull up the rankings Petrino had higher ranked classes during his time here. I think Bert's last two classes have ranked around 11-12th in a 14 team league so I get a bit sick of hearing how great Bert is recruiting.

I'm sorry you think little items like FACTS and RECORDS are cherry picking but the bottom line is winning games or at least it should be. Petrino did that better here than any coach we've had in 50 years and the records show it. I'm sure there is some sort of excuse out there for the fact that Bert has now lost as many SEC games in 2.25 years than Bobby did in 4 full years. Let me have them please.

NEWSFLASH: Coaching matters.

Flowers and Philon played at Arkansas, NOT Louisville. Who coached them the last 3 years? It was coach BRET Bielema. Spaight was only here 2 years.. BP had absolutely nothing to do with him...

BP has no responsibility for developing anybody currently on our roster.. Like you said, "Coaching matters"...

A lot of Petrino's recruits weren't of the best integrity. But, I know, from past conversations.. integrity carry's absolutely no weight with you.. It does with me.

Are you dyslexic?

You're cherry picking your stats.

LMAO, If cherry picking FACTS is an issue then I'm guilty as charged. I compare records, you offer excuses and
I swear this is Deja Vu from 8 years ago. You had every excuse in the world for Nutt. Then an elite coach came in and showed us what we can be. Now you've got every excuse in the world for Bert. You must have an affection for dimwitted boring coaches that cannot close out games.
I'm just curious, 5 years from now, when Bert hasn't got us anywhere near the 10 win mark, is it still going to be Bobby's fault? What will the excuses consist of then? Face it Hambone, I expect excellence from the Razorbacks and that's what Bobby gave us. You would rather pick up some type of integrity award at the end of each year and be happy at being mediocre on the field. That may be ok with you but I did not get where I am by producing the equivalent of 5 win results. For those satisfied with being more pathetic than mediocre, congratulations! Emperor Long has got us right where we should be in your eyes. .

Nutt did get us to Atlanta twice. Now many times have we been to Atlanta since Nutt was fired?

How many losing seasons did Nutt have? How many have we had since Nutt?

How many seasons did Nutt win 8 or more games? Now many seasons have we won 8 games since Nutt was fired?

If 8 or more games is your standard bearer then I supposed Nutt is a great choice for you to defend as a great razorback coach. LMAO.

In only 4 short years, CBP had a 10 and an 11 win years and was poised for more. That's producing double digit wins in 50% of the years he was here. If the refs hadn't bent us over in Gainesville to protect Saint Timmy he would have won 9 games his second year here. You don't want to go over an accomplishments list with me. Otherwise you'd need to explain how Nutt never sniffed a BCS Bowl while CBP had us in one in year three. This is year three for Bert, is it not? You smell any major Bowls in our future?
CBP had us in the top 15 after year 3 and in the top 5 after year 4. Want to go back and see how often Nutt had us in the top 5? Oh, and one of those guys is still making millions as a Division 1 coach right now while the other couldn't land the SMU job he lobbied hard for a couple years ago and nobody in the country will touch him with a ten foot pole. Why is that?? Why can't HDN find a coaching job anywhere?

To answer your question, Nutt had at least two losing seasons in his overstated tenure and BP had ONE, his first year. Nutt's losing years came in 2004 and 2005 which were 7 years into his tenure. He posted 4 and 5 win years back to back which is when he got his "free pass." Bobby didn't need any free passes. lol
We haven't been to Atlanta since Nutt was fired. Bobby got run off before that could happen.

And since Nutt, Long was stupid enough to give the village idiot JLSmith the keys to a Ferrari, so there's one losing season directly on Long. Then Bert comes in a falls flat on his face so he's about the be the proud owner of two losing seasons in three years. His only non-losing season was a 6-6 year which ended beating a pathetic 6-6 Texas team. Battle of the mediocre Bowl.

You love defending losers don't you? I'm starting to think you just feels sorry for them. Now if you are trying to say that Nutt was better than Bert, I won't argue that point. Hell, I'd even take Nutt over Bert. Even if he had 3 NFL players in his starting backfield and still couldn't get the job done.
Just remember "you are what your record says you are." CBP's record says he wins at about a 74% clip.

8 wins is a pretty good year. Nutt had a 10 win season and a 9 win season to go along with it.

Look, there is no point in defending Petrino. He was not fired for lack of production... He was fired for a personal failing. LYING!

If he never takes that motorcycle ride... he doesn't get fired. That set every thing in motion.

Last edited:
Well Col. Whiner (Closet Ole Miss Rebel...Black Bear.....?? whatever they are this week fan) I hear Good Ole Boobie is looking for a new girl to ride around with and cheat on his wife. I think you fit the bill your cry and bitch like a woman. So there ya go. Head to Louisville and see if you cant win the love of your hero.

Uh Oh.......Louisville rocked by scandal of basketball coach buying and providing prostitutes for recruits, and guess whos hero has also been implicated in this lol....Yeppers Good Ole Col's hero Boobie LMAO. and the hits keep coming, but then again when you have no morale's..........................lol.... Way to Go Boobie way to Go!!!! His biggest enemy is his self. Damn shame.

Uh Oh.......Louisville rocked by scandal of basketball coach buying and providing prostitutes for recruits, and guess whos hero has also been implicated in this lol....Yeppers Good Ole Col's hero Boobie LMAO. and the hits keep coming, but then again when you have no morale's..........................lol.... Way to Go Boobie way to Go!!!! His biggest enemy is his self. Damn shame.

LOL, are you attempting to say "no morals?" Uh, OK. Thanks for playing, please try again.
And you might want to check again Einstein. In case you are too slow to follow along it's Petino, not Petrino involved here. This solely concerns the Louisville basketball team and Rick Petino but by all means, don't allow your hatred of the man who gave us our best seasons in 50 years get in the way of you looking like an idiot. And for the record, CBP has never had trouble with the NCAA. The last time that happened to us it was under Houston's watch.

Last edited:
I did read the entier article and the one that came out the next day, and the ESPN report that does put PETRINO and PETINO as both implicated. Your hero is a bum get use to it.

4 Articles I've read on this subject and not one mention of anything other than the basketball program.
I guess Petrino being in trouble will have to be your little secret. Wish on little boy.

I sincerely hope you did not enjoy ONE of the 21 wins in two years CBP brought to our program, nor the top 15 ranking in 2010 or the top 5 ranking in 2011. 50 years of watching Razorback football tells me you aren't likely to see a two years stretch like that for the remainder of your lifetime. Certainly not with Brontosaurus Bert in charge. He just tied the worst 30 game start on Razorback history. 12-18 thru 30 games.

Absolutely Pathetic.

4 Articles I've read on this subject and not one mention of anything other than the basketball program.
I guess Petrino being in trouble will have to be your little secret. Wish on little boy.

I sincerely hope you did not enjoy ONE of the 21 wins in two years CBP brought to our program, nor the top 15 ranking in 2010 or the top 5 ranking in 2011. 50 years of watching Razorback football tells me you aren't likely to see a two years stretch like that for the remainder of your lifetime. Certainly not with Brontosaurus Bert in charge. He just tied the worst 30 game start on Razorback history. 12-18 thru 30 games.

Absolutely Pathetic.

Still running your mouth. I am so glad I have a life and dont live on here everyday. I live in the knowledge that CBB is turning this program around and is a man with conviction, dedication (to other than his libido), and is building this team from the ground up after the NON recruiting other than offense by Petrino, and the laughable Smith. Yes w are currently in a not so grand place but we have been here before and we have been at the top before. Problem there is we were in a conference at the time that had 3 teams 98% of the time fighting for the SWC Title and those teams were Texas, Arkansas and Texas A&M, now we are in the SEC where even a team like Vandy can beat you if your not at your best and instead of 1 Texas type team you have 6 that are on average the best teams in the SEC - Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, LSU, Tennessee - sorry but thats a fact, and for Arkansas to get back to the level they were playing in the 60's, 70, early 80's and then again in the late 90's, and early 2000's then you need a coach like CBB. By comparison how many run and gun coaches have had success at Arkansas - 1 - Petrino - problem there is you could score alot of points but you COULDNT STOP your opponent from outscoring you.Lets see how is Louisville doing right now - Hummmm 2-3 in a lesser conference, so yeah I can see how that hurry up no huddle works so well. How many coaches with the ground and pound theory have been successful at Arkansas and won several titles in the SWC - 13 , SEC West Titles - 4, and 1 NC? This list is just from the 50's on - 5 - Frank Broyles(1958 to 1976)- Lou Holtz - Ken Hatfield - Danny Ford - Houston Nutt . So I will stick with the smash mouth big O line, Big D line, Power backs, and fast corners and safeties that CBB is trying to put back into place at Arkansas over the pass happy full of crap no defense offense based approach Thank You.

Good God dude. I wish you DID have a life rather than making your sole purpose in life to come running to Coach Bert's defense like you're on Jeff Long's payroll or he's your daddy. Which is it? Congratulations son, the loud mouth with the snail pace offense just graduated to 3-18 in SEC play.
Gimme the pass happy Petrino offense than actually wins games rather than this one who loses and acts as a good sleep aid all in one. Seems to me like we were 10-2 in BP's third year. How's year three going for Bert? The only good news is that I don't have to waste 5 grand a year on it any longer although I look forward to the day I can resume donations. That will be when there is actually something worth giving too.
Thank You

That's all you have? Then this thread is officially over. BP as usual inherited good players, and CBB came in to a depleted program so yeah there is no comparison. Good Bye and good luck with your CBB hate how far has it got you so far???? I think the days of childish banner flying idiots like you are over.

Good luck with that. Half of hogville is ready to hire a plane already. I never contributed to planes during the Nutt era. I can however, take the money I'm saving from donations and tickets to give a healthy chunk to oust Jurassic Bert.
But keep defending 3 conference wins in 3 years. I hope you don't buy stocks, bonds and mutual with that kind of return.
Actually I hope you do. LMAO

Hogville..........LMAO what a joke. Oh hey looky here Puker and cohorts Arkansas and CBB just flattened the tires on the Gus Bus..........................Cya jerk. Lasy reply I ever give to you. I will not give you the satisfaction of thinking you got to me. Oh BTW Petrino lost again. Buh Bye Puker.

Hogville..........LMAO what a joke. Oh hey looky here Puker and cohorts Arkansas and CBB just flattened the tires on the Gus Bus..........................Cya jerk. Lasy reply I ever give to you. I will not give you the satisfaction of thinking you got to me. Oh BTW Petrino lost again. Buh Bye Puker.

Saturday October 24th - Louisville 17- Boston College 14 Why are you always wrong??
You were wrong that Petrino lost again. You were wrong stating flat out that Petrino has anything to do with the Louisville Basketball scandal. And your wrong thinking I could give a rats a$$ about toying with a child like you. Where did you come up with "puker"? Typical juvenile response I'd expect. BTW, while you're dogging him Petrino has exactly the same record as Bert does. And in case you were the last person on the planet to hear, Auburn isn't that great this year. We won a game between two less than mediocre teams. I'm just glad we won a game and didn't sully our record any more than it has been already the last 4 years.

Sgt Porker, just a question? Did you see Gus get on the Bus and leave beautiful Fayetteville??

I did not. It puts me to sleep watching us run the damn play clock down to zero every freaking play (I despise outdated turtle football) so we spent a beautiful day at Cocoa Beach. That wouldn't have happened in a million years previously but that's where I'm at with the football program. As previously mentioned, glad the hogs won. And for the record, I've never been a fan of Gus and his legions up in Springdale. I do think he was treated like crap by Nutt and his group but that was a long time ago and has no bearing on his position as Aubby's coach.

I
He is 11-15 at Arkansas thus far, yeah we were relevant again but when have the Razorbacks been relevant, 1964? Sorry but some of us do not partake in the Wally Hall kool-aid. Some of us kicked the habit long ago. It amazes me so many Hog fans think CBB is the guy that can get it done. Sad.

In the 70s and 80s the Hogs had some
good teams, and a few were ranked in the Top10, and even won some big games/bowls.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT