ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas Edge NIL Collective names new executive director

masonchoate

Publisher
Staff
Sep 1, 2021
Press release from the UA:

(Fayetteville, Ark.) July 15, 2024 – Arkansas Edge, the official Name, Image, and Likeness (NIL) collective of the Arkansas Razorbacks, today announced the notable addition of two new members to its leadership team: Kyle May, who will serve as Arkansas Edge’s new Executive Director, and Alex Harper, new Director of Corporate Partnerships.

As Executive Director, May will lead Arkansas Edge’s various NIL projects and initiatives, formalizing a strategic vision that will develop the collective’s membership and corporate partnership strategies, and leading the collective’s growing staff, external communications and athletic department relationships.

“When I moved to Arkansas, I discovered firsthand the fiery passion that all Razorback fans have for the University, teams and student-athletes,” said May. “Very quickly, I was welcomed into this community and have been a proud Razorback fan for more than a decade. There has been so much incredible work done thus far with Arkansas Edge to help the Razorbacks recruit and retain top talent, and I am looking forward to hitting the ground running to continue that work. Through NIL, Razorback student-athletes have the opportunity to leverage their personal brands in a way that can be life-changing, not only for themselves, but also for the wider community, organizations and businesses that they get to serve. I am thrilled to play a part in that change by leading the Arkansas Edge team.”

A proud Northwest Arkansas resident for the past 11 years, May has spent the last decade fundraising at Walton Arts Center and Walmart AMP, most recently as the Director of Development for Walmart AMP. He oversaw all contributed revenue generation for the venue, in addition to all corporate partnerships and special event sponsorships for Walton Arts Center, responsible for raising over $5.5 million annually. May was also on the team that helped raise $18 million for the Expansion of the Walmart AMP in 2019 and 2020. Originally from Baton Rouge, Louisiana, May was named to the International Association of Venue Manager’s 30 Under 30, graduated Summa Cum Laude from Louisiana Scholars’ College at Northwestern State University in Natchitoches, LA, and was a member of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia fraternity. He currently lives in Fayetteville with his wife Rachel and their energetic five-year-old daughter.

Also joining the Arkansas Edge team is Alex Harper, an Arkansas native who was born and raised in Little Rock and graduated from Arkansas Tech University. Harper studied journalism before pursuing a career in sales and business development. Prior to joining Arkansas Edge, he spent over five years as an Account Executive for Arkansas Business Publishing Group where he broke company sales records. While there, Harper worked to connect advertisers to business leaders across the state.

“Corporate partnerships are a critical piece of a strong NIL collective,” said Harper. “I am both excited and humbled to help lead this charge for Arkansas Edge. Connecting with Razorback student-athletes is a great way for a business to build brand awareness. I am looking forward to exploring new ways for student-athletes to maximize their NIL potential.”

In his new role, Harper will help businesses promote their brands by engaging with Razorback student-athletes through NIL opportunities. Alex is a lifelong Razorback fan and is looking forward to creating new revenue opportunities for Arkansas Edge.

May and Harper both join the Arkansas Edge team that will lead and develop NIL opportunities for all 465-plus Razorback student-athletes.

Chris Bauer, who led the collective’s first phase of growth and spearheaded a number of impactful initiatives and partnerships as Arkansas Edge’s first Executive Director, will be stepping away from his role for personal reasons and leaving behind an incredible legacy that the new leadership team will carry into the 2024-2025 season and beyond. Bauer will remain connected to the collective in a part-time advisory role.

“It has been my honor and privilege to have served as the Executive Director for Arkansas Edge for my alma mater, working across athletic department administration and staff, coaches, donors, fans, business owners and leaders, and our student-athletes to build this program from the ground up to what it is today,” said Bauer. “As I pass the baton to Kyle to tend to a family matter, I do so with extreme confidence in Arkansas Edge’s future. Kyle’s background in leading fundraising and corporate sponsorship sales in this state will be a massive asset for continuing to build this program into one of the nation’s best NIL collectives. While I am taking a step back, I still believe in this mission, and I will continue to support Kyle, Alex and the rest of our Arkansas Edge team and develop opportunities for this program as much as I can back in Central Arkansas.”

Recent University of Arkansas graduate Emma Janes has also been added to the Edge staff as Membership & Communications Coordinator. Janes graduated with a degree in communications and a minor in event management. The Dallas native brings experience working with the Razorback Foundation and ONE Arkansas during her collegiate career.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.