ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas trooper flips pregnant woman's car

I guess I'm used to highways with an exit every mile. Again, just asking questions and not removing blame or justifying actions.

if it’s the area I passed through a few years back it is under construction (repairs). In any case I wouldn’t feel safe stopping in that narrow area and the cop surely shouldn’t have wanted to exit his car. Plus it would have caused the traffic passing them to slow to 25mph less than the probably already lowered speed limit thus causing problems. It was obvious the driver was not running from him. Use some damn common sense. The law may say the expectation is to stop immediately (what do they want? Cars to slam on their brakes in the middle of interstate traffic) but common sense is to take into consideration the condition of the road. If it’s got a regular shoulder where you can get separation between you and the traffic stop as soon as it’s safe to get over and do so. In this case he could wait. After all their job is to serve and protect citizens not try to wreck them.

Reactions: ManBearHawg
I had similar altercation, sans being flipped over, in Fort Worth one christmas. We were heading down Chisolm Trail (shortcut to 67), to see my in laws in Hill Country. I was flying on the 4 lane road, thinking I was at speed limit.. well apparently it was 45 in some areas. Cop flashed me. It was super tight on the shoulders, so I drove for 2-3 miles, then finally a grassy spot on the median. Pulled over. He got on his loud speaker and said "Exit car, hands up".. I got out and held my hands up, explained wtf I was doing, and then he thanked me for being proactive and sent me on my way with a warning.
When I was an intern at John Peter Smith in Ft Worth, I had a great relationship with the Ft W cops. Hung out with them after the ER stints. Had a red Corvette. No tickets ha

Reactions: jegreenwood
I am going to wait for more facts to come in before I opine on the subject.

PS: And then I probably won’t. Just thought y’all should know.

• Love
Reactions: PorkshankRedemption
If she slowed down and put on hazards why in the world would the cop think she was trying to flee!? Who slows down to flee??
Exactly. Most of them are power hungry pricks that probably got beat up in school.
Well, he said he didn't know what was going on inside the car. He must have been worried.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Ya I’m sure he was worried

People are using this "I don't feel safe BS" for any advantage. Common sense says call 911 if you don't feel safe and ask if you are being stopped by a real officer. 911 dispatch can relay a message to the policeman that you plan to stop once you confirm it is an actual policeman.....

Take back what I said on this if she slowed down and turned hazards on je was out of line. I didn't read that in the first story I read
Did you see the right shoulder in the video? If she pulls over, he’s literally standing in the middle of the right lane if he’s going to walk up to the car

Hopefully the next person he pulls over does just that

Reactions: SpudM70
I usually have a higher option for State Police….. and his boss is even a bigger aszzz whole. JFC

She should’ve stopped faster. That being said someone not stopping fast enough does not mean someone is trying to flee. Since she slowed down and put her hazard lights on the officer should have logically assumed that she intended on stopping at some point. Some people are inexperienced at being pulled over (a good thing) and do not fully understand the exact proper procedure on how it should be done.

Bull. You stop when it's safe to stop. If she was not endangering other people and truly had her hazards on then he should have stayed patient and waited for her to pull over.
My post was a joke. Both of the things I said were said in similar fashion by the officer.

Reactions: Coward88
They literally issued a public statement defending his judgment and actions, Stokely Carmichael.
Did the lady die?
This happened last summer. He is still employed.
Was the officer white? They get away with a lot more shit than black cops. Remember the black cops in New Orleans who shot into a car fleeing a stop killing a child in the backseat. Both of those cops will never see the light of day again. Black cops would have never gotten away with murdering Rekia Boyd, Elijah McClain, and Andy Lopez. This country has always been racist as hell and that will never change. People in this state don't even know about Elaine massacre and al those people who were murdered in vanity. I will push flowers before I stop speaking the truth.

• Haha
Reactions: Lefty8 and NMHOGG
Did the lady die?

Was the officer white? They get away with a lot more shit than black cops. Remember the black cops in New Orleans who shot into a car fleeing a stop killing a child in the backseat. Both of those cops will never see the light of day again. Black cops would have never gotten away with murdering Rekia Boyd, Elijah McClain, and Andy Lopez. This country has always been racist as hell and that will never change. People in this state don't even know about Elaine massacre and al those people who were murdered in vanity. I will push flowers before I stop speaking the truth.
Ahhhh you love using the cherry-picking fallacy instead of statistical evidence. You use emotions instead of facts. You move the goal-post when you've been proven wrong. You're a clown. If you happen to speak any truth, it is only by coincidence, accident, or luck.

Ahhhh you love using the cherry-picking fallacy instead of statistical evidence. You use emotions instead of facts. You move the goal-post when you've been proven wrong. You're a clown. If you happen to speak any truth, it is only by coincidence, accident, or luck.
You need stats boy. Here you go. Black men are 3.23 times more likely to be murdered by police in their lifetime. Black people shot by police are more than twice likely to be unarmed than white men. Black drivers are more than 20 percent likely to be stopped by police and twice as likely to be searched by police officers. In racist states like Louisiana the numbers are off the charts. You can show evidence to white supremacists all day but they will deny facts. People like you are use to lying and actually believing the lies you have been sold. People like you will try to justify Rekia boyd getting shot in the head and John Thompson being in a wheelchair.

• Haha
Reactions: Lefty8
You need stats boy. Here you go. Black men are 3.23 times more likely to be murdered by police in their lifetime. Black people shot by police are more than twice likely to be unarmed than white men. Black drivers are more than 20 percent likely to be stopped by police and twice as likely to be searched by police officers. In racist states like Louisiana the numbers are off the charts. You can show evidence to white supremacists all day but they will deny facts. People like you are use to lying and actually believing the lies you have been sold. People like you will try to justify Rekia boyd getting shot in the head and John Thompson being in a wheelchair.
Blacks are 6 times more likely to murder someone. Do you think that stat alone makes police interaction with blacks more likely? In 2019 55.9% of homicides were accounted for by the black people. Black people make up only 12.7% of the population.

And it's not getting better:

According to the FBI Uniform Crime Reports, black youths, who make up 16% of the youth population, accounted for 52% of juvenile violent crime arrests, including 58.5% of youth arrests for homicide and 67% for robbery.

A 2016 Harvard researcher's study found that Black people are no more likely to be killed by police officers than are white people. A 2019 study published in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences found “no evidence of anti-Black ... disparities across" fatal shootings by police. Both white and Black people are far more likely to be murdered by an acquaintance of their own race than they are to be shot dead by the police.

You're one to fall for propaganda, so I'm not surprised you have you're opinion as you do.

So pregnant woman gets flipped over by over zealous cop and this thread can’t help but make it about race. This is what the whole last year has been about from our beloved media and politicians. They want you talk about race when race literally has nothing to do with the subject.

Reactions: ACHRazorbacks
So pregnant woman gets flipped over by over zealous cop and one idiot can’t help but make it about race. This is what the whole last year has been about from our beloved media and politicians. They want you talk about race when race literally has nothing to do with the subject.
FIFY

I know this thread will get locked, but I'd prefer that the off-topic comments just get deleted instead.Y

Blacks are 6 times more likely to murder someone. Do you think that stat alone makes police interaction with blacks more likely? In 2019 55.9% of homicides were accounted for by the black people. Black people make up only 12.7% of the population.

And it's not getting better:

According to the FBI Uniform Crime Reports, black youths, who make up 16% of the youth population, accounted for 52% of juvenile violent crime arrests, including 58.5% of youth arrests for homicide and 67% for robbery.

A 2016 Harvard researcher's study found that Black people are no more likely to be killed by police officers than are white people. A 2019 study published in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences found “no evidence of anti-Black ... disparities across" fatal shootings by police. Both white and Black people are far more likely to be murdered by an acquaintance of their own race than they are to be shot dead by the police.

You're one to fall for propaganda, so I'm not surprised you have you're opinion as you do.

Studies have also shown that police departments across this country are filled with white supremacists. Blacks also get longer sentences for committing the same crimes. The system is racist, always has been and always will be. There are cities all over this country like New Iberia, LA where the police have gotten away with multiple murders and issuing harsh criminal sentences to black people. Just look at what one white supremacist cop aided by a racist justice system was able to get away with in Tulia, TX. Show me one place in the country where what happened in Tulia, TX ever happened to white people.

Studies have also shown that police departments across this country are filled with white supremacists. Blacks also get longer sentences for committing the same crimes. The system is racist, always has been and always will be. There are cities all over this country like New Iberia, LA where the police have gotten away with multiple murders and issuing harsh criminal sentences to black people. Just look at what one white supremacist cop aided by a racist justice system was able to get away with in Tulia, TX. Show me one place in the country where what happened in Tulia, TX ever happened to white people.
Lots of things occur in Tulia. Be more specific.

Lots of things occur in Tulia. Be more specific.
Tulia is a small town, there are not a lot of things that occur in Tulia. I am talking about when 13% of the black population in the city was arrested on drug charges based solely on statements from a white supremacists undercover cop. Many of these people went to prison for many years before all the charges had to be dropped. Go do some research dumbass.

Tulia is a small town, there are not a lot of things that occur in Tulia. I am talking about when 13% of the black population in the city was arrested on drug charges based solely on statements from a white supremacists undercover cop. Many of these people went to prison for many years before all the charges had to be dropped. Go do some research dumbass.
You know more about white supremacists than anyone on CNN. Credit to you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT