ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats Joe Biden!!! #46 President of the United States!

True, if he wins those 3 he could even lose Nevada, Mich, Wisc, Minn, NC and Georgia and one of the two contested votes in Maine and Nebraska and still win.
I don’t think he could lose NC/GA. But if he wins PA, I’d be really surprised if he lost either.

If Trump gets Oregon, it’ll restore a lot of faith that I have lost for that state. That would be one of the biggest F’you’s I will have the pleasure of witnessing after watching dozens of hours of protests/riots.
total mistake on my part. he has no shot in oregon.

Reactions: Hawg Chief
Interesting part about that tweet, Hoov, is the missing election day votes. Miami/Dade county cast 1 million ballots in the 2016 election with 2/3 for Hillary and 1/3 for Trump. The other 7 counties combine for about half that total. All 7 voted Republican by an average of 58% to 37%.

If you take out the early and absentee voting (which you obviously can't do because there are definite party differences in choosing to vote early vs. on election day), that would be 666,667 democratic votes from Miami/Dade vs. 290,000 republican votes from the other missing counties.
Red votes from Miami/Dade 333,333 and blue votes from the other seven counties 185,000.
So (again simplifying w/o mail in differences) = 851,667 blue votes and 623,333 red votes from the missing counties.

So, regardless, you are missing a LOT of election day voting results which could change that number a fair amount.

Alright dudes. I don't like politics but I love scenarios. So I made this spreadsheet. This is assuming that Georgia, NC, Ohio, Texas, etc. go for Trump as they usually do. Pennsylvania and Florida are obviously keys to the election. But there are ways that the President is re-elected even if he loses either or both of these states. We thus focus on the other "battleground states": Arizona, Nevada, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, New Hampshire, and the one electoral vote each from the second districts of Maine and Nebraska. I'm pretty I got them all.

The only way Biden wins if Trump wins Pennsylvania and Florida would be to win all the other "battleground states" listed above (+/- the two votes in Maine/Nebraska).

Enjoy.

Spreadsheets, math. I'm in...

giphy.gif

I’ve flip flopped between who I think wins, but man I’ve seen so much positivity and momentum from the Pubs that I just haven’t seen from the Dems. Probably just a side effect of living in a red state and my social media having a right lean, but still. I’ve just got a vibe that Trump wins big

Reactions: georgemarsh
This is definitely the more telling tweet. I am assuming this guy means Broward, Palm Beach, Orange, and Hillsborough (since Miami/Dade not available). Also I don't know if he's commenting on just election day votes or if it counts mail ins. Hillary won Broward 553,000 to 261,000 in 2016.

This is definitely the more telling tweet. I am assuming this guy means Broward, Palm Beach, Orange, and Hillsborough (since Miami/Dade not available). Also I don't know if he's commenting on just election day votes or if it counts mail ins. Hillary won Broward 553,000 to 261,000 in 2016.
My guess is he is just counting ED. All of these tweets leave a lot of context out

From the Reddits FWIW

PSA: Please downvote any posts that say a candidate is or is not up in Florida until tonight. Misinformation is being spread.

All that anyone has is party return rate. A party registration is NOT a vote for the party. That number tells us nothing and ignore the 25%+ of ballots that are independent.

NO EARLY VOTES HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED YET and will not until after 7pm EST.

Feel free to repost this throughout the day

From the Reddits FWIW

PSA: Please downvote any posts that say a candidate is or is not up in Florida until tonight. Misinformation is being spread.

All that anyone has is party return rate. A party registration is NOT a vote for the party. That number tells us nothing and ignore the 25%+ of ballots that are independent.

If you'd look above Tulsa helped point out that this was just turnout for registered party affiliates.

From the Reddits FWIW

Get out of here dicktales

(Did I do that right?)

Don't worry guys, I've got my bucket ready to catch all the Trump tears.

And I'll be in meetings all day so I won't be able to keep track of the thread. You fellas have a good day!

From the Reddits FWIW

It’s true and it’s not true. RV are voting 90/10 for their party’s nominee.

The only way it won’t be indicative is if the independent vote is insanely one sided.

Trump looks like he’s going to win by 3+ points in Fla.

Reactions: Mass31
Do the line shifts in the betting market indicate they like Trump's chances more or are people just loading up on money for Trump (or a combination)?
This is a good question because I’ve seen the line change at my book this morning in favor of Biden (super small change from -160 to -180).

ADVERTISEMENT