ADVERTISEMENT

OT Did yall see where the Faulkner County deputy shot

Teachers will and can get paid better when there is mass reform that reduces the existing fragmentation of resources. There’s 9x teachers vs. law enforcement in the US, and they don’t risk their lives to do their jobs on a daily basis.

If there isn’t a greater demand for the roles or high risk, you won’t see salaries increase. I agree that teachers should get paid more, but I also agree that greater demand needs to be at play before that happens.
Lol, cops dont risk their lives on a daily basis. That's such BS.

Reactions: Wsmfp1013
What makes you think you have to explain to me that not every claim is legit? What you just posted is a far cry from your "Lots of THUGS claim police brutality when NONE EXIST."

I'm not sure why you quoted me here.

What makes you think you have to explain to me that not every claim is legit? What you just posted is a far cry from your "Lots of THUGS claim police brutality when NONE EXIST."

Because you missed the meaning, everybody else seemed to get it

Per the dictionary

Thug: a violent person, especially a criminal.

It is neither sex specific nor race specific, nor religious specific... it says, “a person”

Dont try to make it into something it is not.

By statistics, being a cop is one of the safest professions in the country.
Hmmmmmm, so being armed makes you safer, yet a certain segment of the government would love to have your weapons. Interesting

Hmmmmmm, so being armed makes you safer, yet a certain segment of the government would love to have your weapons. Interesting

Not sure why you want to introduce politics into the discussion unless you just want to inflame people.

They don't want to take them, just make them tougher to get. Not the same thing as going around to search your house to collect firearms.

Reactions: Paul Loyd
I'm not sure why the cops were there to start with. The cop was being pretty nice to the guy I thought the guy wasn't cooperating at all. So yes if be was breaking the law he should have came outside. I don't know enough about what was going on. The guy seemed like a prick to me tho. Just because you're inside your home doesn't give you the right to break the law. I'm not even saying he was IDK

The guy wasn't breaking any law. It wasn't even his dog, it was one that was dumped in the neighborhood as a pup and the neighborhood kind of adopted it. It weighed 9 freaking pounds and never bit anyone.

The cop knocked on the guy's door and asked him to step outside. The guy said it wasn't his dog and he didn't have to step outside. He was correct. The cop told him if he didn't come out he would shoot the dog. The dog was not a threat to the cop at all, and as a former K9 cop, he knew it. After telling the guy again to come out and the guy refused, the cop pulled out his gun and shot the little dog in the face, shattering it's jaw. The cop was the definition of a prick. Demanding a private citizen exit his house when said citizen isn't even a suspect is arrogant punk with a badge BS.

Because you missed the meaning, everybody else seemed to get it

Per the dictionary

Thug: a violent person, especially a criminal.

It is neither sex specific nor race specific, nor religious specific... it says, “a person”

Dont try to make it into something it is not.

I'm not singling you out and don't necessarily disagree. But the term thug is thrown around mighty loosely these days. I've heard the word thug used to describe MA basketball players but not much on the football team.

I'm not sure why the cops were there to start with. The cop was being pretty nice to the guy I thought the guy wasn't cooperating at all. So yes if be was breaking the law he should have came outside. I don't know enough about what was going on. The guy seemed like a prick to me tho. Just because you're inside your home doesn't give you the right to break the law. I'm not even saying he was IDK
Even though the cop was being “nice” to the guy it doesn’t mean the cop has the right to shoot the dog.

Even though the cop was being “nice” to the guy it doesn’t mean the cop has the right to shoot the dog.

Haven’t watched the video because I like dogs. I’m assuming he didn’t do things according to protocol if he got canned.

The guy wasn't breaking any law. It wasn't even his dog, it was one that was dumped in the neighborhood as a pup and the neighborhood kind of adopted it. It weighed 9 freaking pounds and never bit anyone.

The cop knocked on the guy's door and asked him to step outside. The guy said it wasn't his dog and he didn't have to step outside. He was correct. The cop told him if he didn't come out he would shoot the dog. The dog was not a threat to the cop at all, and as a former K9 cop, he knew it. After telling the guy again to come out and the guy refused, the cop pulled out his gun and shot the little dog in the face, shattering it's jaw. The cop was the definition of a prick. Demanding a private citizen exit his house when said citizen isn't even a suspect is arrogant punk with a badge BS.
Love this. Calling the guy a prick because the cop asked him to come outside and he refused. **** you dude, go eat a damn doughnut.

Don’t be a victim to the sensationalizing media.

I’m not sure where you got your bogus definition, but I know if someone that I don’t approve of is either harassing or comes knocking on my door with the intent to harm me or my family, I can call the police and they will come to help diffuse the situation.

It happens thousands of times a week across the country that cops are called to come and help citizens in harm, but if you want to hold your grudge over the few cases you see on TV, Facebook or personally experience when a random cop speeds past you, that’s your prerogative, but it’s an uninformed, rash generalization that’s not supported by facts/statistics.
You mean like the Supreme Court decision?
https://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/...ot-have-a-constitutional-duty-to-protect.html
Or this?
https://www.insidesources.com/police-not-protect-supreme-court-side/
Please stop being a sheep.

Reactions: Woodshed 1914
They don't want to take them, just make them tougher to get. Not the same thing as going around to search your house to collect firearms.

The ultimate goal IS to take them. Has been for years. The first step is to make obtaining them as difficult as possible and then progress from there. There is a large faction in this country that dreams of a gun free private sector, except of course for the criminals that not only don't care if carrying a gun is illegal, but would profit nicely from the black market guns would creat if they were outlawed.

Love this. Calling the guy a prick because the cop asked him to come outside and he refused. **** you dude, go eat a damn doughnut.

He(and you and I) has every right to be a prick if somebody who is not invited knocks on his door and demands he comes out when he has done anything wrong. It doesn't matter if the guy is a cop or not, a private citizen has every right to do as he pleases, especially at his own house. If you though I was calling the guy(private citizen) a prick, you misread. He was nicer to the cop than I would have been under the circumstances. I hate cops that think they have authority over me when I haven't done anything. That is not their job or their place.

Reactions: Mr.Razorback
He(and you and I) has every right to be a prick if somebody who is not invited knocks on his door and demands he comes out when he has done anything wrong. It doesn't matter if the guy is a cop or not, a private citizen has every right to do as he pleases, especially at his own house. If you though I was calling the guy(private citizen) a prick, you misread. He was nicer to the cop than I would have been under the circumstances. I hate cops that think they have authority over me when I haven't done anything. That is not their job or their place.
Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you and @rzrbk7777 are on the same side of the issue here.
Yeah, I was referring to the "The cop was a prick, the guy in the house seemed like one as well." Post 3-4 posts in.

Reactions: Michael Honcho
This cop clearly has terrible judgement, and that’s dangerous in his line of work.

Not trying to broadly generalize based on this one incident, but too many cops assume non-compliance as evidence of something illegal or suspicious.

I understand complying with cops is usually the best way to navigate an interaction, but it seems more and more cops assume they deserve respect they haven’t earned and take the stand of being beyond reproach of everyday citizens.

I've never said the cop was in the right. I was trying to find out why the cop was there to start with. Very odd he just stopped at a random house and asked the homeowner to step outside. The dog shouldn't have been shot but I feel like were not getting the whole story .

Why was the cop there in the first place? You seem to know a lot about it. Did he just stop at a random house and ask the homeowner to step outside?

The deputies were responding to an "aggressive dog" call. The caller had allegedly pulled a pistol to shoot the dog which is purportedly a stray and pointed it in the general direction of the man.

Reactions: Mass31
Not sure why you want to introduce politics into the discussion unless you just want to inflame people.

Lol, like cop bashing/defending isnt political. GFY

Yes.. ALWAYS do your best to aggrivate, disrespect, annoy, and just in general piss off the police.

Are you always so advisarial? With your wife, emoloyees, supervisor, clients, children, Teachers, administrators, etc?

How is that working for you?

Yes.. ALWAYS do your best to aggrivate, disrespect, annoy, and just in general piss off the police.

Are you always so advisarial? With your wife, emoloyees, supervisor, clients, children, Teachers, administrators, etc?

How is that working for you?
Dude hates a human being over a tailgating spot, do the math

Reactions: Ole Hambone
Why was the cop there in the first place? You seem to know a lot about it. Did he just stop at a random house and ask the homeowner to step outside?

Read the article in the Conway paper and watched the video. Apparently the neighborhood crazy lady had been walking through the neighborhood with a gun threatening the local dogs that run free around there. When neighbors complained that she was pointing the gun at their pets, she went inside and called the sheriff's dept and complained of a vicious dog in the neighborhood. When the deputy got there, he found the yippy neighborhood stray in a front yard and went and knocked on the guy's door and told him to come outside. Things got ugly from there.

Reactions: Michael Honcho
This discussion has been moved to The Grim due to it being mostly political in nature, but please try to keep the conversation as civil as possible.

Reactions: Mass31
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT