ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN going way too far

Not Curt's first, second, or third offense. Guy's a douche and an average broadcaster at best, who cares? If he had been fired for saying something inappropriate about any other subject no one would care, but the right wing is making him a martyr because he posted about transgender individuals while it's a hot topic.

Reactions: Modern Cripple
every public figure needs to carry a LONG list of things they can NOT say in public.

I think Stalin got along well with folks as long as they kept their list handy while in public

Reactions: lsmhog
I'm not aware of his history with ESPN , just his baseball career, but i see nothing overly controversial about stating your opinion that men should urinate in the men's room. That's all.

But that's the problem. Someone that is transgender in this case identifies themselves as a woman.

It's not really anyone's business what lies underneath their clothes.

My first thought was "wow, I thought he had been fired for stuff like this already" since he has made news for making controversial comments so often. He knew he was walking a fine line and he finally got canned. I actually like Schilling and loved him as a player but he was playing fire all too often as a broadcaster.

Used to consider myself Liberal. My daughter says I'm a Moderate. I agree with Curt on this one

You only agree with Curt if you don't possess any sort of empathy for someone that is transgender.

You and me both are fortunate to feel secure as who we are from a gender identity perspective in the way we were born.

Not everyone is that way. Assuming that is the case is truly a harsh generalization.

You can have an opinion, as long as it's the right one. This country is past the point of no return with this crap.

Not really how it goes. Curt Schilling, for better or worse, holds a greater responsibility for the opinions he shares given the platform he stands on. ESPN paid him handsomely to talk baseball and uphold their brand (Disney is huge on inclusion), and he failed to do that.

It's as straightforward as that, honestly.

Not really how it goes. Curt Schilling, for better or worse, holds a greater responsibility for the opinions he shares given the platform he stands on. ESPN paid him handsomely to talk baseball and uphold their brand (Disney is huge on inclusion), and he failed to do that.

It's as straightforward as that, honestly.

and heavy on Exclusion of many......just saying :)

Do you really think men are going to allow other men to share a restroom with their daughters? I won't be shopping at target but the moment a man dressed up as a woman enters the restroom with my daughter as I'm waiting outside we will have a problem. It was a dumb business decision imo. Lawsuits will start piling up when pervs use these policies to their advantage.

13062245_1237978032924346_1142007266504055704_n.jpg

He is allowed to say whatever he wants, he and others have to realize that there are going to be consequences. Whether you agree or disagree with Disney's stance does not matter, they are fully within their right to fire him for his public comments. On top of that, he has been warned/disciplined multiple times for publicly stating his controversial opinions, he is just too dumb/arrogant to learn his lesson.

Do you really think men are going to allow other men to share a restroom with their daughters? I won't be shopping at target but the moment a man dressed up as a woman enters the restroom with my daughter as I'm waiting outside we will have a problem. It was a dumb business decision imo. Lawsuits will start piling up when pervs use these policies to their advantage.

You realize the odds of that are extremely low, right?

If a perv wanted to terrorize your daughter, he wouldn't have to wear women's clothes to walk into the women's restroom. There's no lock. Are you serious that is your best reasoning?

lgbt-rainbow-flag_100375401_l.jpg

I can see the don't say anything at all approach to some extent but ESPN certainly isn't taking that approach in glorifying everything transgender.
Exactly.
I've never paid any attention to Curt Shilling so I have no opinion of him, but if you're going to fire him for his opinion on this, you're pretty much siding with the other and saying they support transgender.

I don't care either way what people do as long as it isn't harming others, but stay out of the bathroom with my daughter if you still have man parts.

Reactions: anon_j0hjgb7us6s1a
You realize the odds of that are extremely low, right?

If a perv wanted to terrorize your daughter, he wouldn't have to wear women's clothes to walk into the women's restroom. There's no lock. Are you serious that is your best reasoning?

Are you even living in reality? Of course pervs are going to dress up like women to catch a peek . Like Junk said, if you're that invested in this and this is your stance make tranny bathrooms.

Reactions: OkHogfan1959
just make all bathrooms individual. I don't enjoy standing by a bunch of men when I am peeing anyway :)

Are you even living in reality? Of course pervs are going to dress up like women to catch a peek . Like Junk said, if you're that invested in this and this is your stance make tranny bathrooms.

Dude you're not helping yourself. You're probably in the same camp that believes all Muslims are radical Muslims, too. Similar issue, different topic. Both are harsh generalizations based on the incredibly low odds.

It's much, much more likely that transgender individuals are the victims of sexual violence or harassment as a result of using the restroom that matches their biological sex than it is that they will be the perpetrators of sexual violence or harassment in a bathroom of their gender. Just my two cents.

Also, regardless of this incident, Schilling is a bigot who has time and time again proven he doesn't deserve to be on television. Glad this was apparently the last straw.

It's much, much more likely that transgender individuals are the victims of sexual violence or harassment as a result of using the restroom that matches their biological sex than it is that they will be the perpetrators of sexual violence or harassment in a bathroom of their gender. Just my two cents.

Also, regardless of this incident, Schilling is a bigot who has time and time again proven he doesn't deserve to be on television. Glad this was apparently the last straw.

Didn't even think about it from that perspective, but very true, IMO.

so who stands at the door and checks to make sure you are really a girl in a mans body and not just a man in a dress who wants a peak?

Low odds for my girls is not as good as zero odds

so who stands at the door and checks to make sure you are really a girl in a mans body and not just a man in a dress who wants a peak?

Low odds for my girls is not as good as zero odds

Read ArkansasNole's post...

for real question.

What are we talking about here.....is it a man in a dress?

Girls don't have urinals , they should have stalls. So who even knows if there is a ding a ling attacked to a 'lady' in stall number one?

Reactions: razorbacksyall
Dude you're not helping yourself. You're probably in the same camp that believes all Muslims are radical Muslims, too. Similar issue, different topic. Both are harsh generalizations based on the incredibly low odds.
So you get to use a generalized statement in your attempt to demonize generalized statements? Hypocrisy much? Way to label someone and an entire group of people for that matter with zero working knowledge of their actual standpoints. Bigot of the year award right here folks!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT