ADVERTISEMENT

OT Is your opinion of Walmart affected by how they have helped

Uh, yeah you did. You might have edited it ordeleted it but, you posted you made 10 times $11 an hour.
That wasn’t a statement about my actual paycheck. It was pointing out that my argument doesn’t come from the fact that I need money myself or that I’m in that situation.

Probably so in the store. I’m talking about the DC, that’s real work in there.

I don’t know much about distribution centers but if there is little or no potential for advancement, than leave. I’m sorry, but if one’s in a replaceable position and their usefulness hasn’t changed enough to warrant a raise, they will not get one.

I feel bad for most in there because the company/management knows they have to have the job. You can’t go anywhere close and make what you will there. They say you can move up into management, but the ones that do aren’t doing so because of their work ethic.

I’ve told them I appreciate the job, but don’t have to have it and they leave me alone. Unfortunately most do not have that option. If it wasn’t cheap insurance vs paying for it out of pocket (self employed, small business) I wouldn’t work there.

I feel bad for most in there because the company/management knows they have to have the job. You can’t go anywhere close and make what you will there. They say you can move up into management, but the ones that do aren’t doing so because of their work ethic.

I’ve told them I appreciate the job, but don’t have to have it and they leave me alone. Unfortunately most do not have that option. If it wasn’t cheap insurance vs paying for it out of pocket (self employed, small business) I wouldn’t work there.

But is it a livable wage?

But is it a livable wage?

Lol yes! Plus it’s livable working 12 days a month on my shift.

Quit being a weasel. You did it... own it.

You owe RIB TIPS an apology.
No I didn’t. Rib tips can GFH. It’s obvious the context of my statement. I never mentioned how much I actually make. I made a blanket statement to point out that my opinion had nothing to do with my financial situation. Any dumbass can obviously understand that.

No I didn’t. Rib tips can GFH. It’s obvious the context of my statement. I never mentioned how much I actually make. I made a blanket statement to point out that my opinion had nothing to do with my financial situation. Any dumbass can obviously understand that.

Yes it is obvious. You did post that you make 10X $11 an hour. Quit Previcating.

LOL. Everytime you lose an argument, which seems to be a lot, you resort to personal insults.

Yes it is obvious. You did post that you make 10X $11 an hour. Quit Previcating.

LOL. Everytime you lose an argument, which seems to be a lot, you resort to personal insults.

I think it’s important for you to understand that I really don’t give a damn what you think. Or rib tips, or anyone here really. I posted that not as a representation of what I make (which would be an actual statement like “I make xx thousand dollars a year”), but to point out I don’t have a personal stake in the minimum wage being raised. If you and your buddy can’t get that, I can’t help you. I haven’t insulted you personally but I can if that’s what you want. This entire line of conversation is ****ing stupid and has zero to do with the OP. But if y’all want to make it personal I’ll go there. I’ll flame the **** out of all of you without blinking an eye. I’m ready if you are.

Back to the OP. Employers in this state have enjoyed basically free reign to treat their employees any way they wish. Wal Mart has lead the way, taking benefits from their employees and keeping wages low.

But as has been shown recently, there will eventually be blow back. Employees led directly to the reaction of the citizens to institute a minimum wage hike in the state constitution. So business is at a pivotal moment. They’re either going to gain their ethical and moral compass back and start treating their employees with dignity and respect, or the people will force their hand. Bottom line as I see it.

Back to the OP. Employers in this state have enjoyed basically free reign to treat their employees any way they wish. Wal Mart has lead the way, taking benefits from their employees and keeping wages low.

But as has been shown recently, there will eventually be blow back. Employees led directly to the reaction of the citizens to institute a minimum wage hike in the state constitution. So business is at a pivotal moment. They’re either going to gain their ethical and moral compass back and start treating their employees with dignity and respect, or the people will force their hand. Bottom line as I see it.

Not being a smart ass but what benefits did Wal-Mart take away in Arkansas, and did they just not offer these benefits to new employees or actually take them away from tenured employs?

I think it’s important for you to understand that I really don’t give a damn what you think. Or rib tips, or anyone here really. I posted that not as a representation of what I make (which would be an actual statement like “I make xx thousand dollars a year”), but to point out I don’t have a personal stake in the minimum wage being raised. If you and your buddy can’t get that, I can’t help you. I haven’t insulted you personally but I can if that’s what you want. This entire line of conversation is ****ing stupid and has zero to do with the OP. But if y’all want to make it personal I’ll go there. I’ll flame the **** out of all of you without blinking an eye. I’m ready if you are.
I'm out. Anyone who would flame me without blinking and eye on a faceless message board must be a Navy Seal or pro MMA fighter. Careful Hambone-- Karl has a flamethrower and is willing to use it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Ole Hambone
Not being a smart ass but what benefits did Wal-Mart take away in Arkansas, and did they just not offer these benefits to new employees or actually take them away from tenured employs?

From this thread.

I work there (second job) and can say for all they give, they take from the associates.

In 4yrs I’ve seen our holiday pay, sick time and lunches taken.

You make a decent living, in the DC that is, not sure about the stores.

Here’s an article from 2014:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ts-for-some-part-timers-idUSKCN0HW1G220141007

What Wal Mart has made a practice of is claiming benefits will not change for full time employees, then reducing or removing certain benefits for part time employees. They then reduce the hours of a large amount of full time employees to part time, thereby removing their benefits. And that’s just one tactic they’ve used. They also just lost a class action lawsuit for forced, unpaid overtime IIRC.

I'm out. Anyone who would flame me without blinking and eye on a faceless message board must be a Navy Seal or pro MMA fighter. Careful Hambone-- Karl has a flamethrower and is willing to use it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don’t let the door hit you, just the rib tip.

Ok. Maybe you can’t extrapolate... or do simple multiplication.

I can. 10 times $11/hr is $110/ hr. Extrapolate that for a whole year and you are looking at ~$220,000 a year. Very easy. 2x the hourly wage, multiply times 1000 will give you an approximate annual pay.

It amazes me that you made a simple statement with no qualifiers. No wigggle room.

Then, you try to gaslight me

It is a small man who thinks responding with profanity and flaming gives them credibility. Those that can, argue the point! those that can’t reply with personal insults and flame away.

There is another poster on here that I take with a tiny grain of salt... don’t believe anything he and his associates post. Congradulations,.. welcome to the club, it now has two posters.

BTW, you absolutely do care what I think or you wouldn’t spend so much time and energy trying to convince me you did not post what you posted. Not big enough, or secure enough, to admit the truth? You sounded pretty proud when you posted it.

Now, flame away as I LMAO. Just digging your hole deeper as you double down.

Last edited:
Reactions: RIB TIPS
Ok. Maybe you can’t extrapolate... or do simple multiplication.

I can. 10 times $11/hr is $110/ hr. Extrapolate that for a whole year and you are looking at ~$220,000 a year. Very easy. 2x the hourly wage, multiply times 1000 will give you an approximate annual pay.

It amazes me that you made a simple statement with no qualifiers. No wigggle room.

Then, you try to gaslight me

It is a small man who thinks responding with profanity and flaming gives them credibility. Thise that can, argue the point.. those that can’t curse and flame.

There is another poster on here that I take with a tiny grain of salt... don’t believe anything he and his associates post. Congradulations,.. welcome to the club, it now has two posters.

BTW, you absolutely do care what I think or you wouldn’t spend so much time and energy trying to convince me you did not post what you posted. Not big enough, or secure enough, to admit the truth. You sounded pretty proud when you posted it.

Now, flame away as I LMAO. Just digging your hole deeper as you double down.
Still don’t give a damn what you think. Never did. Just making sure everyone capable of actual thought would be clear about my intentions.

Still don’t give a damn what you think. Never did. Just making sure everyone capable of actual thought would be clear about my intentions.
Impressive how you tell others what to do with the money THEY earned... Since you're such a crusader why don't you invite some of those poor Wal-Mart employees to come live with you. You can buy them a car, phone, groceries, cigs and beer. I;ll watch for the story on the news, "Local hero puts his money where his mouth is" Or maybe it is easier to sit back and judge everyone else to make yourself feel adequate.

Reactions: Ole Hambone
From this thread.

Here’s an article from 2014:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ts-for-some-part-timers-idUSKCN0HW1G220141007

What Wal Mart has made a practice of is claiming benefits will not change for full time employees, then reducing or removing certain benefits for part time employees. They then reduce the hours of a large amount of full time employees to part time, thereby removing their benefits. And that’s just one tactic they’ve used. They also just lost a class action lawsuit for forced, unpaid overtime IIRC.

That is some pretty F’d up employee treatment if true. However, addressing that behavior and minimum pay are two separate things. I think 10 (going to 11) dollars per hour for their minimum pay is a livable wage and fair.

Reactions: KarlPorkington
Impressive how you tell others what to do with the money THEY earned... Since you're such a crusader why don't you invite some of those poor Wal-Mart employees to come live with you. You can buy them a car, phone, groceries, cigs and beer. I;ll watch for the story on the news, "Local hero puts his money where his mouth is" Or maybe it is easier to sit back and judge everyone else to make yourself feel adequate.
I thought you were leaving? I give plent of my time and money to charity. Nice try though, tough guy.

That is some pretty F’d up employee treatment if true. However, addressing that behavior and minimum pay are two separate things. I think 10 (going to 11) dollars per hour for their minimum pay is a livable wage and fair.

I think 11 bucks within the next couple of years is a great start. No doubt about it.

Love Walmart.

Not many places that I can pick up chocolate milk, some pants, a video game, lightbulbs, and some mums for the front porch, all at one stop.

And you can pick up pu$$y, weed and alcohol in the parking lot of most Wal-Marts.

EDIT: can’t believe I just wasted post 10,000 on a reply to @jegreenwood

Last edited:
Reactions: jegreenwood
Ok, so some Walmart employees are partially dependent government assistance.

What if they weren’t working? They would be totally dependent on givernment assistancs.

Walmart is saving tax payers money by employing them.

If these emplyees had other options, had the education or job skills to earn higher wages someplace else, they would quit Walmart and go to work someplace else.
2zny9du.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT