ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Mixon Incident...

rdf4ta

Starter
Aug 4, 2008
Why do so many folks in comments sections of articles defend this guy?

The biggest misconception I see are so many faulting Moliter for slapping him, but why is it that people never address that she slaps him only after he LUNGES at her like he is going to punch her?

I grew up with sisters and can tell you if I would have faked like I was going to right hook one them, they would slap me, not bc they had the intent that they wanted to attack me, but bc it would have been reacting out of the immediate fear/defense of perceiving that I was going to right hook them.

Obviously never would and never did, but I see so many of these, "a woman can't put her hands on a man and not expect a response," or "you can't kick a kid out of school for defending himself when assaulted."

Are these people serious? I'm not of the opinion that he should never be given the opportunity to play football again, but he should have absolutely been kicked off the team, go the JUCO route and get pushed away by prominent programs and be forced to rehabilitate himself/reach the NFL through a smaller platform/school.

I'll start by saying hes a giant piece of shit.

That said the incident started outside and we have no clue what happened there. He also came inside after her to continue the altercation.

She pushed him before the lunge and then slapped him after the lunge.

There are two things here that are not okay.

1) Mixon hit her
2) Women think it is acceptable to hit/slap a man and she
went that route.

Had he pushed her away or even down after the slap, I would have no sympathy for this woman. She deserved to be "removed from the altercation" but you cant hit anybody let alone a woman like that.

I also would be extremely disappoint in our coach if he didn't remove Mixon from the team permanently.

People keep failing to mention she obviously wanted him to come over to the table as she waived him over there. She did the "come over here" motion to him, he walked up to her she bitches him out, pushed him and then slapped him.

People keep failing to mention she obviously wanted him to come over to the table as she waived him over there. She did the "come over here" motion to him, he walked up to her she bitches him out, pushed him and then slapped him.
Thought she called him over because Mixon called the male friend a gay slur and she confronted him about it.

Reactions: jtuggle
Maybe I'm late to the game but I didn't realize that OU actually redshirted Mixon instead of suspending him. A suspension means missing playing time that you can't get back...right? SMH.

C0EEQp8VQAAkhg9.jpg:large

Last edited:
okay...I will confess, I have enjoyed messing with all the superheroes on this subject. I have broken up several boy-girl fights and always go after the male.

I understand all the male testosterone that comes out when their 'save the female' instinct kicks in. I am sorry that I have toyed with your emotions.

That being said, I do NOT live in a world of absolutes where you make one statement and it fits all cases.

I know girls that are over six feet tall, very athletic and go over 200 pounds plus I know males that are not a lot over 5 foot tall and not much over a 100 lbs.

It is not fair to arrest him for trying to defend himself because he is a male.

Mixon is trash to me but having spent so much time in the 'hood'.........I learned that the women there are as tough as the men and they know..KNOW how these males are going to react if attacked. I just can't find the sympathy for either party. Oklahoma is the real sleaze to me.

Again, sorry for yanking folks chains, it was just too easy to get reactions

Like I said in the previous thread, if your hanging out with a buddy and he gets himself in a situation where this occurs, he better have a better reason than "she slapped me" for him to throw a right cross to a girls face.

Mixon admitted to using a homophobic slur and said the slap felt like a man hit him (you have to be kidding me). He showed no remorse for it other than it getting him punished, the dude is a complete sleazeball. Of course the girl shouldn't have slapped him, but he lunged at her, so something could be said for self defense. Either way, he outweighed her by 100lbs and could have done numerous things other than punch a girl in the face to reslove the situation, he should get no sympathy whatsoever.

-If you hit on a girl and she takes it the wrong way and slaps you, no way in hell is it OK to punch her in the face.

The biggest misconception I see are so many faulting Moliter for slapping him, but why is it that people never address that she slaps him only after he LUNGES at her like he is going to punch her?

I grew up with sisters and can tell you if I would have faked like I was going to right hook one them, they would slap me, not bc they had the intent that they wanted to attack me, but bc it would have been reacting out of the immediate fear/defense of perceiving that I was going to right hook them.

Obviously never would and never did, but I see so many of these, "a woman can't put her hands on a man and not expect a response," or "you can't kick a kid out of school for defending himself when assaulted."

Are these people serious? I'm not of the opinion that he should never be given the opportunity to play football again, but he should have absolutely been kicked off the team, go the JUCO route and get pushed away by prominent programs and be forced to rehabilitate himself/reach the NFL through a smaller platform/school.
You making way to much sense here for some people on this board , and i would like to add that he should be in jail for a period of time.

First I've heard of this. I'm not saying what he did was right, of course what he did was wrong. But whenever you shove a guy, then slap a guy, what do you expect?
I hear brutha, no one actually knows what was said , except those who where there, it's a he said , she said thing. I don't agree with hitting any woman , but sometimes a person can say the wrong thing and another person , reacts . I've never hit a woman , but there's been times I've been all most pushed to do it . It takes a stronger man to walk away , than not.

okay...I will confess, I have enjoyed messing with all the superheroes on this subject. I have broken up several boy-girl fights and always go after the male.

I understand all the male testosterone that comes out when their 'save the female' instinct kicks in. I am sorry that I have toyed with your emotions.

That being said, I do NOT live in a world of absolutes where you make one statement and it fits all cases.

I know girls that are over six feet tall, very athletic and go over 200 pounds plus I know males that are not a lot over 5 foot tall and not much over a 100 lbs.

Mixon is trash to me but having spent so much time in the 'hood'.........I learned that the women there are as tough as the men and they know..KNOW how these males are going to react if attacked. I just can't find the sympathy for either party. Oklahoma is the real sleaze to me.

Some times you try way to hard .
And if it's just to easy to get reactions quit trolling.
I like your good post.

I hear brutha, no one actually knows what was said , except those who where there, it's a he said , she said thing. I don't agree with hitting any woman , but sometimes a person can say the wrong thing and another person , reacts . I've never hit a woman , but there's been times I've been all most pushed to do it . It takes a stronger man to walk away , than not.
Exactly. I've seen women hit men and thought to myself I'm glad that wasn't me!

Reactions: Game_of_Hawgs
it would be just as easy for me to call some folks racist because their reaction is based on a black man hitting a white woman :)

Again, he is scum, Oklahoma looks slimy, Stoops looks like a thug coach but this woman does not represent the poor weak female very well

Sorry for hurting you guys feelings when you have worked up such an anger......I will not post on the subject again

it would be just as easy for me to call some folks racist because their reaction is based on a black man hitting a white woman :)

Again, he is scum, Oklahoma looks slimy, Stoops looks like a thug coach but this woman does not represent the poor weak female very well

Sorry for hurting you guys feelings when you have worked up such an anger......I will not post on the subject again
An the trolling continues.

You are very much right, all situations are different. My stance on hitting a women is: unless you are in serious physical harm or outmatched and scared for your life you don't hit them, which is basically what you are saying. Now in this particular situation, Mixon had 100 plus lbs on a girl and was not in jeopardy of any serious physical damage. So he's a scumbag and should be get everything that he deserves.

If the girl was his size and he felt outmatched and was scared for his safety, very much like @Mr.Razorback friend he mentioned in the previous post, then he should have every right to defend himself, even if that means inflicting damage to a girl. But that is certainly not the case here.

Guys have to know that they are almost always the villain in this scenario, that's why you better be damn sure you can really justify hitting a women if it occurs. Getting slapped in the face is not justification for punching a woman in the face, if you think it is, then you are no better than Mixon imo.

I'll start by saying hes a giant piece of shit.

That said the incident started outside and we have no clue what happened there. He also came inside after her to continue the altercation.

She pushed him before the lunge and then slapped him after the lunge.

There are two things here that are not okay.

1) Mixon hit her
2) Women think it is acceptable to hit/slap a man and she
went that route.

Had he pushed her away or even down after the slap, I would have no sympathy for this woman. She deserved to be "removed from the altercation" but you cant hit anybody let alone a woman like that.

I also would be extremely disappoint in our coach if he didn't remove Mixon from the team permanently.
I agree with the post except that "you can't hit anybody like that." If some guy slapped me in the face like that I would have done the same dam thing but followed up with a few more jabs.

Mixon is a POS and I hope that he tears both of his ACL's in the bowl game.

This is just my opinion. Mixon walked into that restaurant to continue whatever confrontation was going on outside. He knew going in there it was going to re-escalate. That's on him and his true colors were shown in how he handled the situation.

Reactions: anon_j0hjgb7us6s1a

People are insane. If the guy had shoved her after she slapped him, I'll still argue that isn't as ideal as walking away but could understand some defending that reaction. But a light slap on the neck from a female (as he is being extremely aggressive) doesn't ever warrant a face-breaking haymaker. It's absurd that any man thinks that is an appropriate response to being hit by a woman. Now, if she's trying to stab him with a knife or is literally beating the crap out of him and he's unable to restrain her or he's trying to get away and she is continually assaulting him, we'll talk. For that to happen she's going to have to be one bad@$$ female and him probably not a Division I athlete. But I don't see how any man can defend Mixon's response in that video.

Get slapped by a little white girl justifies a right cross to the face? There are at least a dozen acceptable responses to being slapped by a little woman, none of which is completely knocking her out. I would think that even the trashiest of trash could at least agree on this but I am yet again amazed by the reaction of some.

Assaulted? Give me a break with that BS. Just because someone does something illegal to you does not give you the right to react 10 fold.

Reactions: jtuggle
First I've heard of this. I'm not saying what he did was right, of course what he did was wrong. But whenever you shove a guy, then slap a guy, what do you expect?

It was dumb on his part to lunge at her like he was throwing a right hook. She wouldn't have slapped him otherwise, IMO.

That's why I would be perfectly fine if she said she was defending herself, bc it was very likely an instinctual defensive reaction.

If a guy that is much stronger and mass wise bigger than you throws his body forth like he is going to clock you, you had better believe many would have reacted in a similar manner.

If this situation would have been slightly different and she would have used some form of lethal force, she could easily have said she feared for her life, and I would have believed her.

People are insane. If the guy had shoved her after she slapped him, I'll still argue that isn't as ideal as walking away but could understand some defending that reaction. But a light slap on the neck from a female (as he is being extremely aggressive) doesn't ever warrant a face-breaking haymaker. It's absurd that any man thinks that is an appropriate response to being hit by a woman. Now, if she's trying to stab him with a knife or is literally beating the crap out of him and he's unable to restrain her or he's trying to get away and she is continually assaulting him, we'll talk. For that to happen she's going to have to be one bad@$$ female and him probably not a Division I athlete. But I don't see how any man can defend Mixon's response in that video.

They aren't men. They are trash.

You want to know how to react, watch the Jay-Z video when his sister in law attacks him in an elevator. That is how you act when you are physically superior and you are a somewhat decent human being.

Reactions: Paul Loyd
Get slapped by a little white girl justifies a right cross to the face? There are at least a dozen acceptable responses to being slapped by a little woman, none of which is completely knocking her out. I would think that even the trashiest of trash could at least agree on this but I am yet again amazed by the reaction of some.

Assaulted? Give me a break with that BS. Just because someone does something illegal to you does not give you the right to react 10 fold.
And I have seen videos where the way a woman talks to a man, a man to a man would result in a punch. And in many cases the woman talks like that because she knows a haymaker isn't coming, but there can be repercussions. Verbal abuse is considered a form of assault. And if someone hits you they can be arrested for assault obviously.

He hit her in the back of the head. The table did the damage.

Reactions: Game_of_Hawgs
He hit her in the back of the head. The table did the damage.

This is the worst logic ever. He punches her in the face and then her head hits the table due to the right cross he threw, that's still on him. If you get in a street fight and knock someone out and their head hits the concrete and then they suffer massive brain trauma, it doesn't matter whether you meant for their head to hit the concrete, it did.

Her jaw was wired shut and she had to have multiple surgeries, she was also alienated on campus, all because she slapped a guy who lunged at her, when she was defending her gay friend. Do you really think that is what she deserved?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT