ADVERTISEMENT

Kendrick Lamar Lip Syncing?

All of the good ones have a good story behind it. If you have never listened to it. Check out some Eminem, 2Pac, Nas, Biggie, Camron, Andre 3000, Wheezy,

Older ones, I really Love Melle Mel, Kurtis Blow, Run DMC, LL Cool J, Erik B and Rakim, Slick Rick, Grandmaster Flash, Ice Cube and NWA, Treach, Snoop, Wu Tang Clan,

Cam'Ron and Twista are two of the fastest spitters out there.
I actually like 2pac , ice, and run , they had talent, not this guy tonight or most today, all I am saying

He was chewing gum the entire time! Who does that if they are really singing?

frabz-Shes-Right--You-know-fd91fd.jpg

Reactions: SWMrsHogfan
Can you do it an sell double platinum?
P.T. Barnum continues to be right. And as another wise writer wrote “No one in this world, so far as I know — and I have searched the records for years, and employed agents to help me — has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people.

Don't confuse popularity with art.

What great progress we've made, we've gone to glorying drugs, violence and the least successful portion of our culture. The world is truly upside down. Hey I'm a white middle class kid I wanna grow up to be a dope dealer!!

When rappers do live performances it is typical to have vocals playing in the background at a reduced audio level. Just about every rapper I've seen in concert does this.

Also most of you people bashing him saying he is not a lyricist obviously have not listened to his music. Kendrick is a genius with his lyrics compared to a lot of rappers these days in the main stream. I wasn't blown away by his performance however, I think they should have chose someone who appeals to more fans.

Reactions: ermackey
P.T. Barnum continues to be right. And as another wise writer wrote “No one in this world, so far as I know — and I have searched the records for years, and employed agents to help me — has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people.

Don't confuse popularity with art.
They used to say the same things about Bob Dylan, Elvis Presley, Chuck Berry, and many others. Kendrick Lamar is a very well renowned Lyricist. Just because you don't get it does it mean it's not art. To the contrary, it probably means you just got old. I'm not trying to be mean about it. It's just the way it usually is as one generation Fades and another one Rises to the majority.

Reactions: bholloway
When rappers do live performances it is typical to have vocals playing in the background at a reduced audio level. Just about every rapper I've seen in concert does this.

Also most of you people bashing him saying he is not a lyricist obviously have not listened to his music. Kendrick is a genius with his lyrics compared to a lot of rappers these days in the main stream. I wasn't blown away by his performance however, I think they should have chose someone who appeals to more fans.

Couldn't change the channel fast enough, to watch commercials of paint drying.

What was that stuff?

Go back and watch the video. In the first song the words often started or continued in the main lyrics when his microphone was away from his face. For whatever reason, that rap was pre-recorded in its entirety. I am not sure why. But it was embarrassingly obvious to me.

They used to say the same things about Bob Dylan, Elvis Presley, Chuck Berry, and many others. Kendrick Lamar is a very well renowned Lyricist. Just because you don't get it does it mean it's not art. To the contrary, it probably means you just got old. I'm not trying to be mean about it. It's just the way it usually is as one generation Fades and another one Rises to the majority.
LOL AIM HIGHER MUCH HIGHER he RHYMES

What great progress we've made, we've gone to glorying drugs, violence and the least successful portion of our culture. The world is truly upside down. Hey I'm a white middle class kid I wanna grow up to be a dope dealer!!
Even with a full and concerted effort, you could not be missing the point more completely.

He wasn't lip syncing. You just have to add in certain parts of vocals or live rap shows. Some do it more than others. I thought he did fine, and I've done a lot of shows. He definitely didn't embarrass himself lol

So did they
Hardly, Dylan was a Pete Seeger knockoff, Elvis was just ripping off the black RB artist who couldn't get any airplay because of segregation and "wicked" rock and roll. Chuck did stuff a little different but it would be difficult to mention him in the same breath as say Mozart or even a jazz cat with chops like Coltrane. The hardest song Chuck ever played maybe had five chords. Again never confuse popularity with art.

Hardly, Dylan was a Pete Seeger knockoff, Elvis was just ripping off the black RB artist who couldn't get any airplay because of segregation and "wicked" rock and roll. Chuck did stuff a little different but it would be difficult to mention him in the same breath as say Mozart or even a jazz cat with chops like Coltrane. The hardest song Chuck ever played maybe had five chords. Again never confuse popularity with art.
You're certainly entitled to whatever opinions you choose, but calling Dylan a Seeger knockoff is almost as dumb and reductive as the others you've expressed in this thread.

Of course, Seeger was an inspiration, but by the time he was 23 years old and recording "Another Side..." Dylan had already eclipsed the venerable folk singer in terms of creativity and poetic technique. Find me anything in Seeger's catalog as impressionistic, dense and esoteric as this, which I've selected more or less randomly from Another Side's lyrics.

Crimson flames tied through my ears
Rollin' high and mighty traps
Pounce with fire on flaming roads
Using ideas as my maps

Never confuse age with wisdom or knowledge with insight.

You're certainly entitled to whatever opinions you choose, but calling Dylan a Seeger knockoff is almost as dumb and reductive as the others you've expressed in this thread.

Of course, Seeger was an inspiration, but by the time he was 23 years old and recording "Another Side..." Dylan had already eclipsed the venerable folk singer in terms of creativity and poetic technique. Find me anything in Seeger's catalog as impressionistic, dense and esoteric as this, which I've selected more or less randomly from Another Side's lyrics.

Crimson flames tied through my ears
Rollin' high and mighty traps
Pounce with fire on flaming roads
Using ideas as my maps

Never confuse age with wisdom or knowledge with insight.
eclipsed would be a matter of perspective. Again you are confusing popularity with art. And for the record I don't really consider what Pete or Bob did as art, just pop culture of the day. Pete at least at some principles though.

eclipsed would be a matter of perspective. Again you are confusing popularity with art. And for the record I don't really consider what Pete or Bob did as art, just pop culture of the day. Pete at least at some principles though.
No. That is not what I'm doing. You are objectively wrong about that. Whether or not you consider poetry to be art is up to you, but I'm basing my argument here on the quality of the work, not how it was received.

ADVERTISEMENT