ADVERTISEMENT

Punt God Matt Ariza sets multiple records

This is utter horseshit and you 100% know it. I used to respect your opinions but you’ve shown your colors here.
I have a daughter. If (God forbid) she ever had to go through something like this girl did, I would only hope that A) people would believe her and B) Justice would be swift and harsh.

I have 2 sons and if they did something like this and the evidence is as damning as the evidence against this dude is, I would also hope that Justice would be swift and harsh.

So….the state has had it for nearly a month…completely done…all evidence provided…and hasn’t filed charges? If, to your previous comment, he “already admitted to it,” wouldn’t be be in jail? Like, already? Or a warrant out for his arrest?

I don’t know the ins and outs of the legal proceedings like you do, if I confessed to stabbing Billy…in writing…and then Billy died later that evening…the state just lets me play football for a month?
Sexual violence against women is, unfortunately, an entirely different animal.

Sexual violence against women is, unfortunately, an entirely different animal.
But you told me he confessed? She was 17…oral sex on a 17 YO in California is statutory rape. If he confessed to oral sex he confessed to rape……regardless of it was consensual, non-consensual, vaginal, or oral. How is that not an immediate slam dunk in October of 2021?

But you told me he confessed? She was 17…oral sex on a 17 YO in California is statutory rape. If he confessed to oral sex he confessed to rape……regardless of it was consensual, non-consensual, vaginal, or oral. How is that not an immediate slam dunk in October of 2021?
This is, unfortunately, the question.

And, honestly, a really really strange (sad, disgusting, abhorrent) hill for you to die on.

This is, unfortunately, the question.
I’m just saying…if I have a sentence that goes, “I had [fill in whatever blank you want] with you, get tested” in which a police officer is actively assisting in the conversation and the person on the other end is a minor…..wouldn’t that be literally the only paragraph you’d need on the lawsuit? Matt could have been curing aids before and after said event and he’d still be 100% guilty.

My only thought is, we live in society that gives a massive “fück you,” to every accused individual in these cases when I think it should be, “give me facts. If you did it, then fück you.”

If he’s guilty, legit, cut his balls off, put him in the pound-a-tentiary for life without parole. But the severity of the crime shouldn’t influence the manner in which justice is determined.

And, honestly, a really really strange (sad, disgusting, abhorrent) hill for you to die on.
That people are innocent until proven guilty?

In your attempt to “build” this hill you’ve said he should have been expelled without conviction, you’ve stated he confessed to rape…on record…and nothing happened, and you’ve even tried to gaslight medicine (at least I hope you knew you could get chlamydia orally as a doctor).

What he’s accused of is disgusting…but so was Kavanaugh, Portnoy, etc.

The hill I’m dying on is, “innocent until proven guilty.” Which up until 10 or so years ago, had a pretty sturdy foundation.

I’m just saying…if I have a sentence that goes, “I had [fill in whatever blank you want] with you, get tested” in which a police officer is actively assisting in the conversation and the person on the other end is a minor…..wouldn’t that be literally the only paragraph you’d need on the lawsuit? Matt could have been curing aids before and after said event and he’d still be 100% guilty.

My only thought is, we live in society that gives a massive “fück you,” to every accused individual in these cases when I think it should be, “give me facts. If you did it, then fück you.”

If he’s guilty, legit, cut his balls off, put him in the pound-a-tentiary for life without parole. But the severity of the crime shouldn’t influence the manner in which justice is determined.
You expecting a 21 yo dude to be like “yeah officer this high school chick was hammered and I made her suck me off, then I f$cked her, then I brought her into the house so a bunch of my buddies could f$ck her and pull her piercings out and leave her bleeding from multiple places”.

I mean this in all seriousness, F$CK RIGHT OFF.

You expecting a 21 yo dude to be like “yeah officer this high school chick was hammered and I made her suck me off, then I f$cked her, then I brought her into the house so a bunch of my buddies could f$ck her and pull her piercings out and leave her bleeding from multiple places”.

I mean this in all seriousness, F$CK RIGHT OFF.
And I’m done. The hole you have dug yourself into in the last hour will always define your time on this message board, which is rather unfortunate.

• Haha
Reactions: PorkshankRedemption
And I’m done. The hole you have dug yourself into in the last hour will always define your time on this message board, which is rather unfortunate.
i honestly don’t know what has you all rustled. Legit the only argument I’ve ever made was, show evidence.

You’ve created this absurdly elaborate ad hominem logical fallacy to try and change my argument of, “this doesn’t pass the sniff test, show me facts”, to “rape is cool.”

At no point have I ever said anything of the manner…but whatever, doc.

i honestly don’t know what has you all rustled. Legit the only argument I’ve ever made was, show evidence.

You’ve created this absurdly elaborate ad hominem logical fallacy to try and change my argument of, “this doesn’t pass the sniff test, show me facts”, to “rape is cool.”

At no point have I ever said anything of the manner…but whatever, doc.
Well the facts are there. The SDPD waited 9 months to do their job and the prosecuting attorney’s office has dragged their feet for another 3 weeks, presumably because he’s in Buffalo, NY now and no longer a threat to our citizens. The University can’t do anything meaningful now because he’s no longer a student.

yet a celebrated 21 yo college football player raped a girl, trafficked her to his teammates for further rape, admitted to statutory rape, changes his tune when he realizes he’s being recorded, avoids prosecution for 9 months because our criminal Justice system is broken when it comes to sexual assault.

@PorkshankRedemption “yeah imma wait and see on this, seems like a good kid”

EDIT 8/26/22 1843: I apologize for the “seems like a good kid” at the end of this post. The poster I quoted never said this and this was out of line. I’m sorry.

Last edited:
Well the facts are there. The SDPD waited 9 months to do their job and the prosecuting attorney’s office has dragged their feet for another 3 weeks, presumably because he’s in Buffalo, NY now and no longer a threat to our citizens. The University can’t do anything meaningful now because he’s no longer a student.

yet a celebrated 21 yo college football player raped a girl, trafficked her to his teammates for further rape, admitted to statutory rape, changes his tune when he realizes he’s being recorded, avoids prosecution for 9 months because our criminal Justice system is broken when it comes to sexual assault.

Literally everything in your second paragraph is either conjecture, an opinion, or makes no sense.

…raped a girl: conjecture
…trafficked her to further rape: conjecture
…confessed to statutory rape: this one I can get on board with based upon the 6 or so words quoted…but none of the quotes actually say what you said. The quotes are used as evidence for a sentence that’s referenced but not quoted. If that sentence exists, it should be a slam dunk…cut off his dick…but they got that sentence on October 15th, 2021 per the law suit…it doesn’t make sense that they’re claiming to have incontrovertible evidence of a felony for nearly a year and the DA is just letting it slide on a high profile individual.
- changed his tune…: again, I can get on board with that, but I don’t know what his previous tune was…so how can I judge A based upon not A? So again, that doesn’t make sense. If they had all the evidence they needed for a conviction, he would be cut immediately. Instead the Bills, on the record, said they already finished their investigation and he’s still on the team.
- criminal justice system is broken when it comes to sexual assault: opinion but one, if broken, is skewed far more in the favor of the plaintiff than the defendant in light of recent political movements…especially in San Diego California. (Edit: meant to say in comparison to the past…so if the “system” is broken, it’s more fixed than it ever has been).

Everything about this lawsuit says this guy is the scum of the earth, he should be charged, and the Bills have more than enough to get rid of him (honestly, they already do…I’m surprised they haven’t cut him…he’s a punter, who cares?). But the fact that none of those things have happened, or did happen, tells me there’s perhaps another side to the story.

If that story ends up being the law sucks, well I’ll jump on board; but, at no point did I ever even reference him as a “good person” or any type of illogical deflection of the state of the party, people being drunk, anything.

If you can point to one instance in which I said anything like that, I’ll change my tune…but until then, I’m perplexed why, “this doesn’t make sense,” has you completely on defcon 1.

I saw her attorney, Dan Gilleon, published some text messages from Araiza’s attorney (allegedly) offering to settle with her out of court. I imagine Roger Goodell is pleading with the Bills to cut him. Given what also happened when he was at Michigan regarding sexual assault (the Gibbons case), I think this will take a wild turn here shortly for Brady Hoke.

Regardless, the NFL has an image problem. I know Goodell can’t do anything about this because it happened before Araiza was subject to the conduct policy, but what a disaster.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcbmd
Just following this now, but the last bit is BS. In no way has Pork implied that he's a good guy or not a good guy in any of the conversation.

I also think Pork is legit baffled on why he hasn't been arrested. That's what all of the "If he's admitted to [xyz] and a cop was listening, why is he not in jail?" posts read like to me.

Just following this now, but the last bit is BS. In no way has Pork implied that he's a good guy or not a good guy in any of the conversation.

I also think Pork is legit baffled on why he hasn't been arrested. That's what all of the "If he's admitted to [xyz] and a cop was listening, why is he not in jail?" posts read like to me.
Curious to see if he dresses for the Bills tonight. Zavier Leonard, one of the others named in the lawsuit, is still on the SDSU roster as of today.

It is what it is. I tried to provide my thoughts as unbiasedly as possible and he legit said I was advocating for letting rapists get off with rape:

Perhaps I assume the best in people or an assumption of someone's innocence too much when social media has already declared them guilty...but I don't think I'll ever argue, without any evidence, that a complete stranger is pro-rape.

That's a really, really serious allegation a simple, "my bad" doesn't really fix.

Curious to see if he dresses for the Bills tonight. Zavier Leonard, one of the others named in the lawsuit, is still on the SDSU roster as of today.
Both entities have known about this for months...Matt told the Bills about it (criminal charges) before the draft and the civil charges were filed in July and, again, communicated to the Bills...

I could buy a cover-up for shit like this; see Baylor.
I could buy an NFL team discounting gross charges; see Watson.

But the Baylor case was collusion between the University and police department in which the University asked the cops to stay out of it, and they'd handle it in-house. This is the opposite. SDSU didn't have any jurisdiction, to my knowledge, for a non-student's allegations against a current student. Watson is a top 5 NFL QB when he's at his prime...Matt is a punter...

Everything, literally everything from the plaintiff's lawyer indicates the guy should be in jail right now. Why isn't he? Because we don't know the full story. And until one knows the full story, I don't think expulsion, the conviction of rape, and destruction of someone's life is a solid option...

Reactions: Chauvinist Pig
It is what it is. I tried to provide my thoughts as unbiasedly as possible and he legit said I was advocating for letting rapists get off with rape:

Perhaps I assume the best in people or an assumption of someone's innocence too much when social media has already declared them guilty...but I don't think I'll ever argue, without any evidence, that a complete stranger is pro-rape.

That's a really, really serious allegation a simple, "my bad" doesn't really fix.
Wait, are you expecting an apology?

Wait, are you expecting an apology?
At no point did I ever say you were “advocating for rapists getting off with rape”.

You love playing devil’s advocate. It’s your schtick. I get that.

But it seemed to me that you were saying that because the San Diego PD had not yet charged this monster with a crime, that there must be “more to the story”. Even if there is not more to the story, he admitted to statutory rape. Done. End of story. This is beyond ‘innocent until proven guilty’. He’s guilty. He said so.

And yes. I was shaking with rage last night reading through your posts. Maybe I misinterpreted some things? I don’t know. But there should never have been any question of whether this girl’s story was fabricated or not. The @sshole admitted to what he did.

The delay in charging him with a criminal offense is heinous. It’s mind-blowing. It’s unspeakable. But unfortunately that is the way things go with ‘good kids’ who commit violent crimes like this. And if we’re playing the numbers, this isn’t the first or last time he’s going to do something like this. Multiple studies back that up.

But in retrospect, I will apologize. I did not appreciate your approach to the topic any more than you appreciated my reaction to that approach. The sonofabitch is going to get his - pedophiles don’t do real well in prison.

At no point did I ever say you were “advocating for rapists getting off with rape”.

You love playing devil’s advocate. It’s your schtick. I get that.

But it seemed to me that you were saying that because the San Diego PD had not yet charged this monster with a crime, that there must be “more to the story”. Even if there is not more to the story, he admitted to statutory rape. Done. End of story. This is beyond ‘innocent until proven guilty’. He’s guilty. He said so.

And yes. I was shaking with rage last night reading through your posts. Maybe I misinterpreted some things? I don’t know. But there should never have been any question of whether this girl’s story was fabricated or not. The @sshole admitted to what he did.

The delay in charging him with a criminal offense is heinous. It’s mind-blowing. It’s unspeakable. But unfortunately that is the way things go with ‘good kids’ who commit violent crimes like this. And if we’re playing the numbers, this isn’t the first or last time he’s going to do something like this. Multiple studies back that up.

But in retrospect, I will apologize. I did not appreciate your approach to the topic any more than you appreciated my reaction to that approach. The sonofabitch is going to get his - pedophiles don’t do real well in prison.
So what “abhorrent, sad, and disgusting,” hill was I dying on?

Your schtik is losing your fücking mind when things get emotional (kids in the ICU during Covid and you went AWOL on anyone who disagreed and now this). For you this time, the emotional aspect was because you are a father. Inversely, how about a father of a son who is libelously inferred to be advocating for rape? Do you think that would spark an emotion from the father?

I gave this a ton of leiweigh because this is a board, we strangers, I don’t give a fück. But you crossed an astronomical line.

Wait, is this how it's really spelled?

Also, I could have swore that we had someone on here allude to former big name players from the UA that had sexual relations with girls still in HS.
No idea, I’m pissed and didn’t take time to review it. I’m sure it’s wrong.

I’m done with this thread, though.

I saw Hoke walk out of the press conference with the AD. Something about all of this still seems way off. The SD police asked the university not to investigate him and let him keep playing football? I’m somewhat skeptical of this.

Seems like a weak fight to leave the board over. Very disappointing thread compared to what I was expecting.

Reactions: hogger42
No charges filed against Araiza.

Huh…

No charges. I would have thought with so much evidence there would at least be charges for an indictment.

That’s so wild. It’s almost like…Innocent until proven guilty.

Oh well.

Huh…

No charges. I would have thought with so much evidence there would at least be charges for an indictment.

That’s so wild. It’s almost like…Innocent until proven guilty.

Oh well.
ImportantIllustriousHake-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Shaquille.Oatm3al
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT