ADVERTISEMENT

See last night's TV report on Colorado and Pot?

Re: CNN 9 Central Tonight

I'm gonna try to get through the senseless MB bickering on here, it's getting a little old. But thanks for the insight, I'm starting to see not only the medical benefits, but also the financial in regards to our taxes and working towards relieving the national deficit.
Answers to some who responded, I'm a DI coach in San Antonio. At this point, not even Colorado or California NCAA athletes are allowed to take medicinal MJ. However, the NCAA does allow many percription drugs like Aderole for those with Dr approval and appropriate documentation. I'm curious to see where this might pop up with the NCAA in regards to medicinal MJ, and then how it might be taken advantage of across the country. Not to mention the recruiting benefits that Colorado, and California will have over the rest of us.
I know a lot of you think Saban and CBB are using poor reasoning like Sickle Cell to change the rules, but believe it or not, it's a huge concern for the NCAA. Football is a dangerous game, and we have made rules to keep it safe, especially for QB's in recent years. Changing the rules to possibly save lives, prevent injury due to fatigue, is not a lot to ask. We spend a lot of effort protecting the offensive side with no Head to head contact, leading with the head, hitting a defenseless player, ect, why not 1 to keep our players on the edge of health from getting over exerted by letting them sub?
Sorry got off topic. Thanks for the info, I'm all about the kids being safe and healthy

CNN 9 Central Tonight

Kennedy vs Marijuana

"Mr. Kennedy, chairman of the advocacy group Smart Approaches to Marijuana, warns against legalizing and commercializing marijuana. Those seeking to cash in on it could use lobbying and contributions to spread its use. “And right now, we have a chance to stop another for-profit industry from targeting our public health,” Mr. Kennedy said."
This post was edited on 3/13 10:57 AM by Hawgtill

MJ

Originally posted by Hawgtill:

Kennedy vs Marijuana

"Mr. Kennedy, chairman of the advocacy group Smart Approaches to Marijuana, warns against legalizing and commercializing marijuana. Those seeking to cash in on it could use lobbying and contributions to spread its use. "And right now, we have a chance to stop another for-profit industry from targeting our public health," Mr. Kennedy said."

This post was edited on 3/13 10:57 AM by Hawgtill
"targeting our public health"

lulz.

Re: OT: another take on legalizing drugs

So you're saying there would be state run dispensaries for Heroin, meth, pharmaceuticals, cocaine, etc? Serious question. Maybe I read the OP wrong but legalization of all drugs would mean just that.

Originally posted by phillipadavis:
I'm gonna try to get through the senseless MB bickering on here, it's getting a little old. But thanks for the insight, I'm starting to see not only the medical benefits, but also the financial in regards to our taxes and working towards relieving the national deficit.
Answers to some who responded, I'm a DI coach in San Antonio. At this point, not even Colorado or California NCAA athletes are allowed to take medicinal MJ. However, the NCAA does allow many percription drugs like Aderole for those with Dr approval and appropriate documentation. I'm curious to see where this might pop up with the NCAA in regards to medicinal MJ, and then how it might be taken advantage of across the country. Not to mention the recruiting benefits that Colorado, and California will have over the rest of us.
I know a lot of you think Saban and CBB are using poor reasoning like Sickle Cell to change the rules, but believe it or not, it's a huge concern for the NCAA. Football is a dangerous game, and we have made rules to keep it safe, especially for QB's in recent years. Changing the rules to possibly save lives, prevent injury due to fatigue, is not a lot to ask. We spend a lot of effort protecting the offensive side with no Head to head contact, leading with the head, hitting a defenseless player, ect, why not 1 to keep our players on the edge of health from getting over exerted by letting them sub?
Sorry got off topic. Thanks for the info, I'm all about the kids being safe and healthy
I didn't see the entire show, but it's been on more than once. As to your question about seizures & MJ, apparently there's a substance in it that does wonders for seizures. It's not the THC, but another one. Sorry I can't recall the name or the letters of the chemical. What's interesting is that some marijuana is not high in THC & isn't very marketable because it doesn't give the user a buzz. That's the marijuana that was being used on the little girl that seemed to work wonders.

I swear this board posts as much about drugs as it does sports.

The overwhelming desire by many on here to push for legalization of drugs is telling. Why post over and over again on a sports site? What's accomplished? It makes you all that do this sound like addicts. Give it a rest. Just because you might find some support for your desire on here, it has 0 impact on national policy. Try sending your daily letters to the DEA. Tell them how much you need more access to mind altering drugs. Explain to them how your ideas will improve our society and make us all more productive citizens. Tell them. Talk Hogs on here please. Thanks
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by d_luv76:

I swear this board posts as much about drugs as it does sports.
I thought we were talking about a plant...I could be wrong though

Originally posted by HOGDOC:
The overwhelming desire by many on here to push for legalization of drugs is telling. Why post over and over again on a sports site? What's accomplished? It makes you all that do this sound like addicts. Give it a rest. Just because you might find some support for your desire on here, it has 0 impact on national policy. Try sending your daily letters to the DEA. Tell them how much you need more access to mind altering drugs. Explain to them how your ideas will improve our society and make us all more productive citizens. Tell them. Talk Hogs on here please. Thanks
Posted from wireless.rivals.com
Do you make these types of remarks when a hamburger thread is created ever other day? How many times do we have threads pertaining to BBQ places? There are many OT threads on a variety of topics, if you don't care for that then maybe you should request Danny or Trey put a stop to it. Otherwise, just dont participate in the conversation.

Re: CNN 9 Central Tonight[/URL]phillipadavis posted on 3/13/2014...

"I'm starting to see not only the medical benefits, but also the financial in regards to our taxes and working towards relieving the national deficit."

The same ruse was used to get the Lottery passed in AR regarding the educational benefits from lottery proceeds. While it has helped some, the lottery officials continue to decrease every year the scholarships awarded from the lottery.

Trey/Danny

Mr Penthouse recommended that I request a moratorium on all drug related posting. I believe his idea is great and give him full credit but wish to voice my full support. We have had at least 3 threads a day voicing support for legalization of MJ for days. I'm aware that it cycles and is a national debate. I'm aware that I am not required to read. I'm also aware that this is a Hog message board, not a drug legalization forum. It must be odd for prospective athletes and their families to see that our fan base is more passionate about weed these days than HawgSports.

So, I side with Mr Penthouse in asking that we delete all drug related threads and of course I suspect you will choose to start with this one.

Thanks
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

No one asked you to join in, those that want to talk about it's benefits are free to in this thread. I rarely take medicine period, so for you to assume that I am an addict makes you look like and ass. My mother dies of cancer and I saw her go from a healthy lady to a 70lb nothing,, if marijuana would have be available maybe just maybe she wouldn't have died in agony.

Re: Trey/Danny

Mr Penthouse recommended that I request a moratorium on all drug related posting. I believe his idea is great and give him full credit but wish to voice my full support. We have had at least 3 threads a day voicing support for legalization of MJ for days. I'm aware that it cycles and is a national debate. I'm aware that I am not required to read. I'm also aware that this is a Hog message board, not a drug legalization forum. It must be odd for prospective athletes and their families to see that our fan base is more passionate about weed these days than HawgSports.

So, I side with Mr Penthouse in asking that we delete all drug related threads and of course I suspect you will choose to start with this one.

Thanks
You need to step off the pedestal there Doc.

Someone start a thread on how legalization can/will affect recruiting.
smokin.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT