ADVERTISEMENT

See last night's TV report on Colorado and Pot?

Re: CNN 9 Central Tonight

nm
This post was edited on 3/11 5:46 PM by jhskiier

Originally posted by jhskiier:

As an aside, Ive found the trick is to let the other guy punch you in the face, and in the great non-violent tradition, remind him that he is now on the hook for simple battery and then repeat whatever awful thing you said to get yourself punched in the first place.

I hope one day you meet the guy that does not punch you in the face but rather pull out his 9mm so you don't mouth off so bad as to get a person to punch you anymore. JMO
fighting0028.r191677.gif
. Too many people getting into accidents and the like on purpose just so they can sue others .

It was a joke Dundee...

Though, if someone pulls out a 9mm while drinking and talking trash with me, especially considering Im harmless beyond a talent for riling people up, it occurs to me they have several issues that make the likelihood of them get sued and or incarcerated much higher than your average bear.

Id even go so far as to say arresting that person might be a better use of police resources that shaking down a teenager for a dime bag.
This post was edited on 3/11 6:05 PM by jhskiier

Going to make a killing in the market off Weed Stocks. Already up quite a bit. Bought Cann at $10 and was able to sell most of it at $60 before it came back down to $30.

Originally posted by RazorbackDundee:

Originally posted by Hogswell Hogs:

This is referenced pretty often, but if you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and read:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/portugal-drug-decriminalization/

Obviously, it's a different country with a different culture, but intriguing nonetheless.
I read it , annnnddddddd what?. They catch someone using drugs and a panel decides if they get a small fine/go to a recovery clinic (which in the states would cost billions and billions of dollars) . They just don't go to jail.

However the growers/dealers etc do still go to jail and it is still against the law.

So your crack smoking 10 Y/O will get put in a rehab center instead of going to juvy, WTG sir.Good luck paying that off lol.

I just watched a show on T.V. about it and one of their high ranking law enforcement guys said "The people that are already using are pretty much a lost cause anyway , we have just taken away the fear of prosecution so we can get the big fish in jail","we have turned around some peoples lives and got them help , although that does not happen very often as we will see them back out there in a week or two but above all else we lock up the people growing and dealing".

Great link Hogswell lol.

How may kids do you know that had very responsible parents but still had a beer/cigarette before the legal age? .
Have a good night.
This post was edited on 3/11 5:30 PM by RazorbackDundee

lol, I just posted a related link. You'll take from it what you want.

"How may kids do you know that had very responsible parents but still had a beer/cigarette before the legal age?"

Lots. What, exactly, is your point? People should be free to make their own choices. You think another man should have the right to tell you what you can and can't put into your own body? You believe that you shouldn't have autonomy over your own flesh and bones?

Not only that, but the land of the free currently incarcerates a greater percentage of their population than any country ON EARTH.

Originally posted by NMHOGG:

Originally posted by Pigasus22:
Truthfully, legalizing pot is the least of our problems. If you only knew what is in the food we're all consuming right now, you would shit a brick. (Pardon my "French")

This post was edited on 3/11 4:38 PM by Pigasus22
Processed foods are bad for you. 75% of the processed foods have GMO ingredients. Grow your own, cannibas or food it's the only way to know what you are putting in your body.
Amen to your post, NMHOGG.

I had no idea we were routinely doing this (click link) until I read about it over the weekend. I about fell out of my chair. I could provide all of the very legit links to this practice and will if someone wants, but this wiki piece describes it very well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crop_desiccation

You'll love this, too:

Genetically engineered (GE) varieties with pest management traits became commercially available for major crops in 1996. More than 15 years later, adoption of these varieties by U.S. farmers is widespread and U.S. consumers eat many products derived from GE crops--including cornmeal, oils, and sugars--largely unaware that these products were derived from GE crops. Despite the rapid increase in the adoption of corn, soybean, and cotton GE varieties by U.S. farmers, questions persist regarding their economic and environmental impacts, the evolution of weed resistance, and consumer acceptance.
http://www.ers.usda.gov/publications/err-economic-research-report/err162/report-summary.aspx

This post was edited on 3/11 7:21 PM by Pigasus22

Originally posted by jollyboyz:
Going to make a killing in the market off Weed Stocks. Already up quite a bit. Bought Cann at $10 and was able to sell most of it at $60 before it came back down to $30.
There is money in them there weeds.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

will thay let a lot of people out of jail if they are just there for MaryJane ? :)

So the argument is: weed has pain relieving properties so that makes it legal for recreational purposes? Is that the message? Should we extrapolate the same regarding Oxy or Dilaudid or Morphine? Just trying to understand why a the pot smokers are feeling liberated by a discussion regarding the medicinal utility of MJ.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by HOGDOC:
So the argument is: weed has pain relieving properties so that makes it legal for recreational purposes? Is that the message? Should we extrapolate the same regarding Oxy or Dilaudid or Morphine? Just trying to understand why a the pot smokers are feeling liberated by a discussion regarding the medicinal utility of MJ.

Posted from wireless.rivals.com
Weed does a little more than that. Maybe you should tune into the CNN special tonight and watch. I am not a "pot smoker" but I have done much reading about the current studies and use of the plant for more than just pain killing. GHG

Lots. What, exactly, is your point? People should be free to make their own choices. You think another man should have the right to tell you what you can and can't put into your own body? You believe that you shouldn't have autonomy over your own flesh and bones?
I would gratefully support someones drug habit so they did not go out and rob/rape/murder people all because they need their next fix and don't work.

Of course I would make sure it was a hot shot and they didn't wake up the next morning.

My point is not what they are doing to their own bodies (I don't give a ratz arse if they kill themselves), it's what the fallout is after it.

First of all I am 60+ years old and a Republican, I was in the top 2% in high school the top 10% in at the University of AR, I was # 1 in my senior class in the Arts and Science Department and in the top 10% in my medical class where I earned the title Doctor. I smoked pot until I had kids and my priorities changed, but I think that it should be legalized for many reasons. First and foremost I have seen young people punished for possesion of pot and treated worse than violent criminals. The state agencies and legal system are making too much money off of kids and ruining their lives. For instance I know of one case where a college student is asked by an old friend to help her find some pot, he does, she is a snitch, he gets arrested spends 45 days in jail and a five year probation. During the probation, if he drinks, smokes or leaves the state of Arkansas his probation is violated and he could spend 20 years in the state pen. Now does that sounf fair? Legalize and tax it so we can pay for the medical care for all the lazy fat worhless SOB's that are draining the wealth of America.

It may cure the common cold or even cancer but that isn't a justification for recreational use. Make it legal if you want but just because it has a medical use doesn't mean it should be sold in gas stations.

Originally posted by lake hog:
First of all I am 60+ years old and a Republican, I was in the top 2% in high school the top 10% in at the University of AR, I was # 1 in my senior class in the Arts and Science Department and in the top 10% in my medical class where I earned the title Doctor. I smoked pot until I had kids and my priorities changed, but I think that it should be legalized for many reasons. First and foremost I have seen young people punished for possesion of pot and treated worse than violent criminals. The state agencies and legal system are making too much money off of kids and ruining their lives. For instance I know of one case where a college student is asked by an old friend to help her find some pot, he does, she is a snitch, he gets arrested spends 45 days in jail and a five year probation. During the probation, if he drinks, smokes or leaves the state of Arkansas his probation is violated and he could spend 20 years in the state pen. Now does that sounf fair? Legalize and tax it so we can pay for the medical care for all the lazy fat worhless SOB's that are draining the wealth of America.

DR of ?.

Weed does a little more than that. Maybe you should tune into the CNN special tonight and watch. I am not a "pot smoker" but I have done much reading about the current studies and use of the plant for more than just pain killing. GHG
Exactly.. There are so many uses for it that your average person doesn't know about. It's going to be BIG BUSINESS. It's only a matter of time before you see state after state passing the use of it. Especially when they see how much $$ the states with it are bringing in.

Not to mention all the different companies that come from it. Like the stock CANN it's company deals with the leasing out of the land used for marijuana facilities.

"As part of the first phase of the ACS business plan, the Company will develop, build, own, and lease growing facilities to licensed marijuana growers and dispensary owners for their operations.
ACS plans to provide cutting edge facilities, solutions and services to the fast-growing cannabis industry in Colorado, with the goal of enhancing and improving current yields and quality. ACS will not grow or dispense marijuana, pursuant to requirements under state and federal law."

Hippies want to complain about genetically modified seed and dead bees but yet they also complain about grocery bill enough as it is. How cost effective and inefficient it would be to try and grow crops without pesticides and herbicides. You don't like processed food and gmo vegetables here's an idea, raise your own chickens and grow a freaking garden. Costs enough as it is to feed an ungrateful world without meddlesome idealists trying to screw up my livelihood.

Is that a serious statement??
Originally posted by PHILLIPGERMAN3:

F'ing pot heads !!! Country is going down the crapper!!!

Originally posted by Treeclimber2:
Is that a serious statement??
Originally posted by PHILLIPGERMAN3:

F'ing pot heads !!! Country is going down the crapper!!!
I really hope it's not, but nothing would surprise me.

From the medicinal side, I would have given anything to provide some relief to my mother when she was dying with cancer. Something other than doping her up with loads of morphine to keep her out of pain but making her so incoherent and lethargic, she couldn't function. I even considered trying to get her some MJ if it wasn't for the concern of the unjust MJ laws on the books now. I'm all for legalization if it can add to the quality of life for all debilitating diseases. Those of you arguing against this obviously haven't seen a loved one suffer like this.

On the recreation side, I'm leaning towards legalizing it also. For one reason only: because there are far worse drugs that have been legalized than MJ. By the way, I am a devout liberal. But more than that, I'm human. I vote for what makes the most sense, not for what others tell me to vote for. It makes more sense to legalize something that's less harmful that say, alcohol. I've watched more people completely destroyed physically, mentally and socially than I have ever seen destroyed by MJ. Even though I don't drink, I'm not at all for making alcohol illegal. I'm just for the logical choice.

I've now opened myself to being slammed by some in this thread. Fire away!!!

Originally posted by SwinalTap:
From the medicinal side, I would have given anything to provide some relief to my mother when she was dying with cancer. Something other than doping her up with loads of morphine to keep her out of pain but making her so incoherent and lethargic, she couldn't function. I even considered trying to get her some MJ if it wasn't for the concern of the unjust MJ laws on the books now. I'm all for legalization if it can add to the quality of life for all debilitating diseases. Those of you arguing against this obviously haven't seen a loved one suffer like this.

On the recreation side, I'm leaning towards legalizing it also. For one reason only: because there are far worse drugs that have been legalized than MJ. By the way, I am a devout liberal. But more than that, I'm human. I vote for what makes the most sense, not for what others tell me to vote for. It makes more sense to legalize something that's less harmful that say, alcohol. I've watched more people completely destroyed physically, mentally and socially than I have ever seen destroyed by MJ. Even though I don't drink, I'm not at all for making alcohol illegal. I'm just for the logical choice.

I've now opened myself to being slammed by some in this thread. Fire away!!!
Agree with everything you said.

Exactly.. There are so many uses for it that your average person doesn't know about. It's going to be BIG BUSINESS. It's only a matter of time before you see state after state passing the use of it. Especially when they see how much $$ the states with it are bringing in.

Not to mention all the different companies that come from it. Like the stock CANN it's company deals with the leasing out of the land used for marijuana facilities.

"As part of the first phase of the ACS business plan, the Company will develop, build, own, and lease growing facilities to licensed marijuana growers and dispensary owners for their operations.
ACS plans to provide cutting edge facilities, solutions and services to the fast-growing cannabis industry in Colorado, with the goal of enhancing and improving current yields and quality. ACS will not grow or dispense marijuana, pursuant to requirements under state and federal law."
I am neither for or against it (hell I don't care if they do legalize heroin as I have a gun and good security) .

Just out of interest though , what else do they do with it? . Make clothing or something (as in hemp?). Serious question Boyz as you said many things.

I hate the stuff personally but if someone is in chronic pain and this can help, I'm all for it. A natural remedy/plant has to be better than a highly addictive man made chemical manufactured by a pharmaceutical company. On the flip side, I live in Los Angeles and most of the people I see legally smoking it don't have any chronic condition, they are simply stoners. One of my best clients owns 3 pot shops and even he agrees the medical card is a complete joke. The overwhelming majority of his clients just want to get high.

Swinal tap, even though im a recovering addict, I kept my gramma supplied with weed for about a month while she was fighting cancer. It definitely helped with the pain, but more importantly it made her develop an appetite. As u probably know, its a HUGE deal for a chemotherapy patient to even hold food down much less crave food. Marijuana helped make the last month of my grandmothers life a little more bearable... and it was quite funny to see my lil ol gramma toking on a joint as well. If I had it to do all over again, she would've been smoking the whole time she was on chemotherapy. Her oncologist was the one that encouraged me to get her a few bags

I am neither for or against it (hell I don't care if they do legalize heroin as I have a gun and good security) .

Just out of interest though , what else do they do with it? . Make clothing or something (as in hemp?). Serious question Boyz as you said many things.
It has many uses medically. Like last night on CNN it had a little girl who has 75 seizures a day or something like that when on her regular medicine, but with a certain strain of marijuana they got her down to around 10. This family couldn't get this certain strain in New Jersey, so they packed up and moved to Colorado, so she could get it.

A tip for Colorado pot users:

If you're arrested for any reason after smoking, you should be
able to sue the state for promoting sale of a mind-altering drug
-- and get your case thrown out.

I don't know how anyone could have watched that show last night and not vote for medical MJ. I think it is going to get legislated in and wont have to be voted in for most states in a short amount of time. . Very gut wrenching last night to say the least. Terrible to see a child suffer.

75 seizures a day to around 10...I'm curious if the Christians on this board noticed that the worlds expert is from Israel...coincidence? I think not

Israel was one of the first countries to use medical marijuana treatments. They are also allowing studies to be done for the different usages. The old man in Israel who had the shakes so bad he couldn't hold anything. After 2 hits from a pipe his hands quit shaking. He also was a holocaust survivor and as he got older his nightmares about his experience. After he started smoking it his nightmare went away, he said its a blessing from God.

To me getting mad about the legalization of marijuana is a lot like someone getting upset about gay and bisexual rights. If it makes them happy and dosent hurt anyone around them, then why should I or any one else care. There are far to many people in this world that worry to much about what everyone else is doing and are not focused on how they can better their own lives. If you are going to get upset by things you cant control, then choose issues that are more grave to out country, like prison population, our lack of funding for education, prescription pill abuse, so on and so forth. If your freaking out about pot, then you really arent looking at the big picture.

Originally posted by Pigasus22:
Truthfully, legalizing pot is the least of our problems. If you only knew what is in the food we're all consuming right now, you would shit a brick. (Pardon my "French")

This post was edited on 3/11 4:38 PM by Pigasus22
Actually the French translation for "shit" is "merde" .
smokin.r191677.gif

I would gratefully support someones drug habit so they did not go out and rob/rape/murder people all because they need their next fix and don't work.

Of course I would make sure it was a hot shot and they didn't wake up the next morning.

My point is not what they are doing to their own bodies (I don't give a ratz arse if they kill themselves), it's what the fallout is after it.
How...in any way does this statement apply to Marijuana?

Sometimes I get embarrassed for those that are so misinformed. Then, I get depressed that those individuals take that information and use it to take God given rights away from me. Who is anyone to say that I cannot grow a plant!

Its troubling that a group of people can sit around a table drinking beer and say that MJ should be illegal. They are so blinded by their own hypocrisy that is is utterly disturbing

Originally posted by hog hogan:
Hippies want to complain about genetically modified seed and dead bees but yet they also complain about grocery bill enough as it is. How cost effective and inefficient it would be to try and grow crops without pesticides and herbicides. You don't like processed food and gmo vegetables here's an idea, raise your own chickens and grow a freaking garden. Costs enough as it is to feed an ungrateful world without meddlesome idealists trying to screw up my livelihood.
Soooo you have no problem with insecticides being engineered into our foods. Not only that but fought to keep from having to identify which foods are engineered. If there is no harm why hide it? You want to talk morals how about a company that owns human genes or plant genes these are gifts not to be owned by anyone.

I am not totally against GMOs like making a tomato crossed with a cactus and growing food in the desert. But to make foods "Round up ready" for Monsanos profits is insane.

Originally posted by hog hogan:
Actually, I do grow a garden, pretty big garden. I would like a choice as to purchasing GE food or not. Right now I don't have a choice because GE crops are in pretty much everything that I can't grow/make myself because of my lack of skills. Ex. oils and cereals, etc, etc. Fortunately, the vegetables and fruits are very easy for me to grow where I live. I do grow a lot of my own food. I think that I will be purchasing some chickens very soon, after reading the CDC report and others.

The bees dying off should be a concern to everyone. Colony Collapse Disorder is not yet completely understood. There are theories at this point but nothing definitive. And I personally would lean towards it being a combination of things that generated "The Perfect Storm" for CCD.

Actually, farmers have my sympathy. You are dependent on Mother Nature, seed companies, and chemical companies for your livelihood. Plus, you have to deal with the federal government.

Ok, instead of attacking either side, can someone tell me the specs about the show last night? I'm curious for several reasons. I have an African American on my swim team that was diagnosed 18 months ago with Epilepsy and they still have not gotten his meds correct. Everytime he has a seizure, it's another 9 months or so that he won't be able to drive a car. My university has ok'd him to have a service dog on campus, but still doesn't solve everything. Not to mention, he had 2 seizures this year during practice which has an obvious drowning risk. And hypothetically if MJ is legal, it's still banned by NCAA, so there is the next hurdle. I go know the NCAA votes this year on lessening the suspension for a positive test. Currently, it's an automatic ban of 365 days, the proposal says 10% of season.
Taxes, I heard today on the Mike Huckabee report, that Colorado did over $10million in recreational MJ sales in Jamuary, resulting in $2milion of that going to taxes. Add an additional $1.5 million from medicinal MJ taxes, and that's a pretty good chunk of revenue for Uncle Sam. If 50 states avg $3 million in taxes per month, $150 million per month in taxes. That's a lot of reasons to legalize it right there.
The popularity amongst high level athletes comes from their performance. If you get drunk Friday night, the effects on Saturdays game or practice are easy to see, hungover, dehydrated, ect. U don't have those side effects from MJ. So they can blow off steam without dropping in performance.
I'm also all for a flat tax on everything. Criminals, and cheaters don't pay taxes now, a flat tax on all items will turn that against thm. Besides, I don't like the tax payers and workers getting one vote, when the deadbeats, unemployed, get the same level vote as me.
Anyway, curious to hear about the special.

Well, in short.....Your swimmer stands a real chance of seriously benefiting from MJ. Health wise it only makes sense to try it and see what happens. If it doesn't work, just quit taking it. Contrary to some on this board, your swimmer wont quite at life and decide to play video games and rake off of welfare. Of course, if it is illegal where you live, you will have to find it in a manner that is frowned upon. Are you ready, or are they ready for that step? If it can elevate the quality of their life i would say it is worth the risk...that is just me though....Where do you live?

I would Google benefits of marijuana for epilepsy and you will find all the info you need. Truly remarkable.

The NCAA on the other handm I have no idea what that entails....another beast entirely.

I'm all for legalization of marijuana & all other illegal drugs, but I am not at all for anyone using them--at least no more than most people use alcohol.

While I favor legalization, I think Colorado is going about it wrong. We don't want to encourage drug use. We want to reduce the damage that comes from drug use & the drug trade. Locking people up for doing no more than smoking weed is insane. However, one reason we have so many drugs like meth & crack is that the crackdowns on less dangerous drugs has made those drugs more expensive & harder to get than crack & meth. There is also a lot of collateral crime that comes about due to illegal drugs. Addicts rob stores & people to support their habit & cartels thrive because there's a demand for what they can sell at outrageous prices.

IMO, what we should do is open up state run or highly regulated dispensaries. I prefer state run dispensaries because if we allow private dealers to sell, we can't prohibit them from advertising & promoting the stuff. OTOH, if the state runs the operation there's no need to "promote" the drugs at all. We shouldn't use these as a profit center. Our goal should be to keep drug use at a minimum while still recognizing people want them. We should sell the drugs at a low enough price to adults only to undercut the profits of illegal drug cartels. We should create stiff criminal penalties for growers/manufacturers to sell to anyone except the state outlets. The state can set the price it will pay manufacturers & growers.

We can still make it illegal with stiff penalties to supply drugs to minors. We can still make it illegal to drive while on them.

I'm convinced if we do it right we can beat the drug cartels, undercut so much of the collateral crime that goes with illegal drugs, and like with cigarettes, do a pretty good job of educating the public about the dangers of drug use. There are lots of ways to fight drugs & still allow irresponsible people some individual freedom to destroy themselves. There is also no reason to make criminals out of people who like to smoke weed now & then.

This post was edited on 3/12 11:42 AM by NEastArkie

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT