ADVERTISEMENT

Sergio really needs to Shut Up

ntxhog

Letterman
Gold Member
Jan 22, 2011
Maybe he lost his mind along with those couple of golfballs on the 17th at Sawgrass. How rough will the crowd be on him at the Open? Hope I linked this right.

This post was edited on 5/22 4:38 AM by ntxhog

Unbelievable

Tiger could fix this easlily...just say'

"I've eaten at Sergios many times. And glad to see he is serving chicken. Am getting tired of burritos, refried beans & tortillas all the time. You can imagine what his place smells like every night"...

I read that this am too and my very first thought was that Serg needs to grow up... I mean how would he know how Tiger is? I promise they don't nor have they ever spent any significant time together... Tiger handled it the proper way... Serg just needs to grow up... He is embarrassing himself...

It was clearly a racist remark whether he will
Admit it or not. Sergio took it to far and should be reprimanded for it.

@TigerWoods: The comment that was made wasn't silly. It was wrong, hurtful and clearly inappropriate...

@TigerWoods: I'm confident that there is real regret that the remark was made.

@TigerWoods: The Players ended nearly two weeks ago and it's long past time to move on and talk about golf.

Originally posted by HawgsRUs:

"I've eaten at Sergios many times. And glad to see he is serving chicken. Am getting tired of burritos, refried beans & tortillas all the time. You can imagine what his place smells like every night"...
Lol, exactly....

Sergio needs some intense sensitivity training. This is getting out of hand. How many feelings must be hurt before we stand together and take meaningful action?

Originally posted by Trey Biddy:

Originally posted by ChargerHog:
It was clearly a racist remark whether he will
Admit it or not. Sergio took it to far and should be reprimanded for it.
It was clearly a racist remark.
Yes it was. Doesn't make him a racist, but for him to say it wasn't a racist remark is ignorant, dumb, and just a cover up.

Pitiful. The worst part to me is now the backtracking. We have now entered some type of bizarro world where I would actually respect Sergio more if he would just own what he said and say yeah, it was racist and I meant every word of it. As is, he is not only a racist, but a backstabbing sniveling coward.

Tiger owns Mr. Garcia,and he can't fade the heat.When they are paired again[US Open,British Open,PGA],and it will happen,look for record TV ratings.

Originally posted by lsmhog:

Pitiful. The worst part to me is now the backtracking. We have now entered some type of bizarro world where I would actually respect Sergio more if he would just own what he said and say yeah, it was racist and I meant every word of it. As is, he is not only a racist, but a backstabbing sniveling coward.
It's not like a hate deal. Obviously there are much more hateful racist things people have said. I mean, good fried chicken is delicious and one of my favorite things to eat. But everyone knows that's a stereotypical thing to say to someone of African descent in this country. It just is.

I really want this to continue to spiral out of control. Makes weekends at the club a blast.

Originally posted by Jon Jackson:
Sergio needs some intense sensitivity training. This is getting out of hand. How many feelings must be hurt before we stand together and take meaningful action?
smokin.r191677.gif

not saying what he said was right, but if tiger had said that he would take sergio out to eat some sterotypical spanish meal would it have been such a big deal?? i think not.

Originally posted by BiggLee:
not saying what he said was right, but if tiger had said that he would take sergio out to eat some sterotypical spanish meal would it have been such a big deal?? i think not.
Um, if Tiger had said "I'll invite Sergio over for some burritos," yes, that would have been a big deal. Just like it was a big deal when Griese said that Juan Pablo Montoya was probably off somewhere eating tacos. It's a racist remark either way and there isn't any room for it anywhere, and especially not in sports.

Originally posted by BiggLee:
Your saying the guy that can't pull a club without being chastised, or drop a ball without some fan calling in, can make a racist remark at a public event and it not be a big deal? Absurd.

Originally posted by MemphisHogs:
none of this would have happened if Sergio doesnt take 15 minutes to hit a golf ball.
Or had hit a decent shot.

Okay I get why most believe that what Serg and Fuzzy said was racial... but let's think about this for a sec....

People are making fun of what other people eat.... is that in itself racial? When, as a society, did everyone become SO sensitive that we can not make or poke fun at what someone eats? Is it a racial slur to laugh at Wang Chow because he likes egg rolls? What if Tiger was white and Serg inserted hot dogs and apple pie where fried chicken was? Would that have been acceptable? People make fun of what I eat and I don't take offense because I am a cracker... I have friends of all ethnic backgrounds and we all make fun of each other and I guarantee none of us are either racist or bigots...

Is it just the context in which it was used? If Serg was black would it have been a big deal? I do not like Serg in the least so I am not taking his side in this but it is not like he called him names or anything... I agree he does need to shut up and be a grown up... I just think our society has gotten a little too sensitive maybe... maybe I am wrong?

This post was edited on 5/22 2:46 PM by hogatexan

Originally posted by hogatexan:
Okay I get why most believe that what Serg and Fuzzy said was racial... but let's think about this for a sec....

People are making fun of what other people eat.... is that in itself racial? When, as a society, did everyone become SO sensitive that we can not make or poke fun at what someone eats? Is it a racial slur to laugh at Wang Chow because he likes egg rolls? What if Tiger was white and Serg inserted hot dogs and apple pie where fried chicken was? Would that have been acceptable? People make fun of what I eat and I don't take offense because I am a cracker... I have friends of all ethnic backgrounds and we all make fun of each other and I guarantee none of us are either racist or bigots...

Is it just the context in which it was used? If Serg was black would it have been a big deal? I do not like Serg in the least so I am not taking his side in this but it is not like he called him names or anything... I agree he does need to shut up and be a grown up... I just think our society has gotten a little too sensitive maybe... maybe I am wrong?

Okay. Saying "Wang Chow" for a random Chinese person is racially insensitive. So the idea that you think that's OK to throw that out there tells us most of what we need to know about your understanding of the subject. It's not about talking about what people eat. It's about stereotyping groups of people.

It's funny how white people always get so up at arms when someone takes offense to a racist comment. "You can call me a cracker, I don't care." You also didn't spend the history of this continent being oppressed. You also haven't been belittled for the color of your skin or laughed at for your customs. "Look at me, the poor white man, always getting the short end of the stick." Ha!

And drop the "I've got friends of all ethnic backgrounds line." No, you don't. And you don't sit around a fire with your black, Mexican, and Chinese friend and tell racist jokes. Nobody believes that.

This post was edited on 5/22 2:56 PM by gbbaber

Yep. Sergio should shut up. I never thought anyone could make me take Tiger Woods's side on anything, but I'll be damned if Sergio hasn't done it.

All of this political correctness BS is so out of control.....you can turn it to BET every night, and I mean EVERY NIGHT, and listen to black comedians make fun of white people for an hour. Panzies.

Originally posted by gbbaber:

Okay. Saying "Wang Chow" for a random Chinese person is racially insensitive. So the idea that you think that's OK to throw that out there tells us most of what we need to know about your understanding of the subject. It's not about talking about what people eat. It's about stereotyping groups of people.
And after reading what you wrote as a response tells me that you really did not get it or you just picked out what you wanted to slam... smh....

I just asked a question with an explanation so some people like you would not come in behind it and pick out one part and use it to charge back. I should have known better....

I will not defend myself to you or anyone else because you do not know me and if you think you do after reading on little sentence then you are not as smart as you think you are. Like I said, and I think you just proved my point for me, there are way too many sensitive people these days...

And, yes, quite simply people read way too much into what people say and write these days. It is like they are looking for something to fight about... What if I had just written the sentence like "Is is a racial slur to laugh at a chinese person because he or she likes egg rolls?" Is that better? So because I used a chinese name it makes it racially insensitive? That proves my point, thank you...

It's funny how white people always get so up at arms when someone takes offense to a racist comment. "You can call me a cracker, I don't care." You also didn't spend the history of this continent being oppressed. You also haven't been belittled for the color of your skin or laughed at for your customs. "Look at me, the poor white man, always getting the short end of the stick." Ha!

And drop the "I've got friends of all ethnic backgrounds line." No, you don't. And you don't sit around a fire with your black, Mexican, and Chinese friend and tell racist jokes. Nobody believes that.

I don't give a shit what you believe or don't believe... you are the one that is all fired up over this not me... you just keep proving my point about being overly sensitive... I do not have to prove shit to you... just because you are not white does not mean you are the only person or group of people that has suffered any kind of discrimination, give me a break with that crap... there is discrimination all over the place and I have had my share of it throughout my life too but I don't go around all angry and wanting to pick fights because of it... Nor do I call people liars either... Who said anything about racist jokes? And, yes, I do have all kinds of different ethnic friends... they are just not angry and uptight like some I know...

Life is too short...

Originally posted by HawgsRUs:

Nah, that would put him in the same category of stupidity. There's no mud on the high road! Besides, Sergio is a Spaniard, not a Mexican, so that would be an even more stupid remark!

I don't like either one of them. Sergio because he is a whiny baby and Tiger because he is
a self absorbed AH. Not much to like about either guy but what's underneath Sergio's angst is he
just flat out can't beat Woods. Ever. Blames everything except his own inability. So he has to
do his talking off the golf course. Pitiful.

Dave Chappell said it wasn't racist making fun of foods other ethnic people eat. He said its funny not racist, he has a whole skit on white people good about cauliflower.

Now IMO what he said was racist but just saying some African Americans are offended by it they think its funny.

First of all the fact that a PRO golfer blames a little crowd noise on a bad shot is absurd. There are people yelling at all times on the golf course, if you are such a mental midget that you can't take some rumbling then don't play. Secondly, Sergio will cry and whine until one day they all get fed up with him to the point of saying stay on your side of the pond. Third, when Sergio named the players he liked, none of them were American, he is not liked by anyone on the PGA Tour. Finally, Sergio probably is not a racist, he made a racist remark no question, but like most Spaniards (well documented) they have tempers that are too big for their lifes achievements to cash and he can not stand it. I hope the US Open crowd wears him out. He deserves to have bad fried chicken thrown at him. Leave the good stuff in the warmer at gus's

Originally posted by jrohawg35:
Dave Chappell said it wasn't racist making fun of foods other ethnic people eat. He said its funny not racist, he has a whole skit on white people good about cauliflower.

Now IMO what he said was racist but just saying some African Americans are offended by it they think its funny.
Chappelle is a comedian, so it's a little different. Of course some people are going to think it's funny. Everybody is a little bit different, which is why it's so important not to stereotype. I'm not disagreeing with you, obviously you realize the difference in what Sergio said about someone he doesn't like and Chappelle doing a skit (which is one of my favorites, btw).

I get what everyone is saying about everyone being overly sensitive. I wish everybody just treated everyone equally and there were zero racial issues in this country (and the world), but the unfortunate truth is that that's not the case, and as long as that's true there is zero place for any sort of racism or stereotyping, perceived or real.

Jro, I wasn't aiming this at you so don't take it that way.

I don't like either one of them. Sergio because he is a whiny baby and Tiger because he is
a self absorbed AH. Not much to like about either guy but what's underneath Sergio's angst is he
just flat out can't beat Woods. Ever. Blames everything except his own inability. So he has to
do his talking off the golf course. Pitiful.

If I ever mention chicken,watermelon,tacos and chicken fried rice it's usually because they are on my fave list.....I also like ice cream,popsicles and popcorn.Would really be hard for me to not mention any of those if I'm inviting someone over for a barbeque.

I don't give a shit what you believe or don't believe... you are the one that is all fired up over this not me... you just keep proving my point about being overly sensitive... I do not have to prove shit to you... just because you are not white does not mean you are the only person or group of people that has suffered any kind of discrimination, give me a break with that crap... there is discrimination all over the place and I have had my share of it throughout my life too but I don't go around all angry and wanting to pick fights because of it... Nor do I call people liars either... Who said anything about racist jokes? And, yes, I do have all kinds of different ethnic friends... they are just not angry and uptight like some I know...

Life is too short...
I'm not really fired up over it. It's a tired old argument. Something racist gets said or done, a bunch of 45+ white men get upset that anyone thinks it's racist, then before you know it everybody has a best friend who is black and who isn't sensitive at all. Believe it or not, you're not the first person to go through that progression.

You don't care what I believe, fine. But why did you try to justify your stance? If you don't care what I or anyone else believes, why say anything on the subject at all? Why start talking about not having to prove stuff? If that isn't the point, then what is?

Do you honestly think that as a white person you've faced the same type of discrimination in this country as a typical non-white person? Seriously? I can't imagine that you really feel that way, so once again I'm lost as to the point you are trying to make.

You don't have to be racially sensitive. You can be as racist as you want. That's the great thing about this country, we get to believe what we want to believe. But with that sort of outlook you're going to have people take exception, so if you want to talk about it you have to realize that everyone's not going to agree with you. Racism, insensitivity, stereotyping...that's not really the direction we're going to be taking as a society. Sorry.

I will say this: if one of my kids made a comment about a black person that he should go eat fried chicken and it was somebody he didn't like, I would whip the crap out of my boy. Don't know or care if Sergio is racist but is was an ignorant comment.

Originally posted by JeanLucPiggard:
All of this political correctness BS is so out of control.....you can turn it to BET every night, and I mean EVERY NIGHT, and listen to black comedians make fun of white people for an hour. Panzies.
First off, no one watches BET which is owned by white people. Most black comedians jokes about white people are stereotypical but not offensive. Jokes about using proper English and having good credit are not exactly disrespectful. Given the history of racism in this country, there should really be no shock that black jokes are taken more seriously.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT