ADVERTISEMENT

Sterling is a racist

FireTheCoach

Signee
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2013
Am I the only one who thinks "So What?" Sterling is Jerk; Big deal. Is there going to be a personality test for every perspective owner to make sure he not only can pay the bills but also that he's a nice guy who only holds socially acceptable opinions? Are we going to mandate that the owners like all their players? Are we going to Forget that Chris Paul would only resign if the Clippers hired a Black coach?

What should be "done" is to let the market clean this guys clock. don't watch them on tv. don't go to the games, don't sign with his team. Next time you go to the store and buy some food think about the process that brought it to you. The man who harvested it, the worker who picked it, the plant owner and workers who processed it. the person who packaged it, the forklift operator who loaded it, the truck driver who brought it to the store, the worker who stocked it. Do you think no one along that chain was racist or homophobic or sexist or prejudiced or bigoted in any way? if you do then just know your supporting them through your purchases. If you still buy it then lets just accept that outrage over Sterling's comments are really more about you than they are about him.

best_animated_images_car_jump_in.gif

Its a big deal because his team is full of black men. Obviously your not black but I will tell you no black man would willingly want to play for a racist.

Pretty sure most can agree on Sterling,but what kind of charges will be added if he dropkicks his girlfriend to the curb ?...She would be an ex if I was he regardless of race.

It's why the league should have only black owners.

What about the movie "white men can't jump" that's being hold young white athletes down for years!

Why can't we just move on past skin color and accept freedom of speech?

Well said. There are some 300 million people in this country, which means there are plenty of racist pricks out there! White, Black, and in Sterling's case Jewish. I guess the shock for some comes from the fact that how could some rich guy be a racist bigot as if you have to live in a trailer park in Mississippi to be a racist biggot. The guy is an idiot. There are plenty of them out there.

Lots of times in private conversations things are said that no one would want to go public. I'd be willing to bet everyne on this board has said something that would destroy them if it went public...yes it was racist..there is also the 1st amendment..free speech even if it's unpopular, that's why we have it, for unpopular speech.

So sick of the race card. How will we ever move past it?

Good thing native Americans are unathletic.

Since the National media seems to think this is more important than people who have died and the devastation in Arkansas, what exactly did he say? I have heard about it all morning, including a statement from our president about how we are still struggling with slavery, but I still haven't heard what he said.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by murp:

Well said. There are some 300 million people in this country, which means there are plenty of racist pricks out there! White, Black, and in Sterling's case Jewish. I guess the shock for some comes from the fact that how could some rich guy be a racist bigot as if you have to live in a trailer park in Mississippi to be a racist biggot. The guy is an idiot. There are plenty of them out there.
I'll never date anyone named Oprah.........

This post was edited on 4/28 9:18 AM by Shoatstuff

What did he say? I don't care enough to look it up. He's a racist, who cares? I don't agree with racist, and I won't.

People lost there lives last night. Putting things in perspective Sterling's comments will be a bigger deal to people. He is a racist and idiot for being one in the position he holds. That being said lot bigger problems in the world. No reason for our President to throw his 2 cents in. He has bigger issues on his plate than racism.

L.A. Clippers owner Donald Sterling told his GF he does NOT want her bringing black people to his games ... including Magic Johnson ... and it's ALL on tape.

TMZ Sports has obtained audio of Sterling making the racist declaration during a heated argument on April 9th with V. Stiviano ... after she posted a photo on Instagram posing with Magic.

Sterling rails on Stiviano -- who ironically is black and Mexican -- for putting herself out in public with a black person (she has since taken the pic down). But it doesn't end there. You have to listen to the audio to fully grasp the magnitude of Sterling's racist worldview. Among the comments:

-- "It bothers me a lot that you want to broadcast that you're associating with black people. Do you have to?" (3:30)

-- "You can sleep with [black people]. You can bring them in, you can do whatever you want. The little I ask you is not to promote it on that ... and not to bring them to my games." (5:15)

-- "I'm just saying, in your lousy f******* Instagrams, you don't have to have yourself with, walking with black people." (7:45)

-- "...Don't put him [Magic] on an Instagram for the world to have to see so they have to call me. And don't bring him to my games." (9:13)[/B]

Sterling has a documented history of allegedly racist behavior -- he's been sued twice by the federal government for allegedly refusing to rent apartments to Blacks and Latinos.

He was also sued by former Clippers exec Elgin Baylor for racial discrimination -- though a jury was ultimately not convinced and shot down Baylor's case.

Sterling has been separated from his wife Shelly for years. She remains a key player in running the team and sources tell us she's "mortified" by Sterling's comments.

We have made several calls to Sterling and his people ... so far, no word back.

Originally posted by HawgFan1979:

I have heard about it all morning, including a statement from our president about how we are still struggling with slavery, but I still haven't heard what he said.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
Still struggling with slavery? How the F he got reelected baffles me. Stupid country.

From Wiki:

In August 2006, the U.S. Department of Justice sued Sterling for housing discrimination in using race as a factor in filling some of his apartment buildings. The suit charged that Sterling refused to rent to non-Koreans in the Koreatown neighborhood and to African Americans in Beverly Hills.[5] The suit alleges Sterling once said he did not like to rent to Hispanics because they "smoke, drink and just hang around the building," and that "Black tenants smell and attract vermin."[5] In November 2009, ESPN reported that Sterling agreed to pay a fine of $2.73 million to settle claims brought by the Justice Department and Davin Day of Newport Beach that he engaged in discriminatory rental practices against Hispanics, blacks, and families with children.[6] In addition, Sterling was also ordered to pay attorneys' fees and costs in that action of $4,923,554.75. [Order Granting Motion for Prevailing Party's Attorneys' Fees and Costs, dated November 2, 2005, C.D. Cal. Case No. 2:03-cv-00859-DSF-E Dkt No. 454]. In granting the attorney's fees and costs Judge Dale S. Fischer noted "Sterling's' scorched earth' litigation tactics, some of which are described by the Plaintiffs' counsel and some of which were observed by the Court. The Court has no difficulty accepting Plaintiffs' counsel's representations that the time required to be spent on this case was increased by defendant's counsel's often unacceptable, and sometimes outrageous conduct."

In February 2009, Sterling was sued by former longtime Clippers executive Elgin Baylor for employment discrimination on the basis of age and race.The lawsuit alleges Sterling told Baylor that he wanted to fill his team with "poor black boys from the South and a white head coach". The suit alleges that during negotiations for Danny Manning, Sterling said "I'm offering a lot of money for a poor black kid."The suit noted those comments while alleging "the Caucasian head coach was given a four-year, $22-million contract", but Baylor's salary had "been frozen at a comparatively paltry $350,000 since 2003".

I think one lesson that is not bein appropriately addressed by the media is that when a scorned woman makes a threat you take it seriously or pay the price. Especially a mistress that is a "artist, lover, writer, chef, poet, stylist and philanthropist" who's less than half your age

The race card is here to stay when guys like Sterling keep being racist. He can say what he wants, but that old fool better realize its going to bite him on the ass. GHG

Originally posted by FireTheCoach:
Am I the only one who thinks "So What?" Sterling is Jerk; Big deal. Is there going to be a personality test for every perspective owner to make sure he not only can pay the bills but also that he's a nice guy who only holds socially acceptable opinions? Are we going to mandate that the owners like all their players? Are we going to Forget that Chris Paul would only resign if the Clippers hired a Black coach?

What should be "done" is to let the market clean this guys clock. don't watch them on tv. don't go to the games, don't sign with his team. Next time you go to the store and buy some food think about the process that brought it to you. The man who harvested it, the worker who picked it, the plant owner and workers who processed it. the person who packaged it, the forklift operator who loaded it, the truck driver who brought it to the store, the worker who stocked it. Do you think no one along that chain was racist or homophobic or sexist or prejudiced or bigoted in any way? if you do then just know your supporting them through your purchases. If you still buy it then lets just accept that outrage over Sterling's comments are really more about you than they are about him.
Unless you're "Breezy" from this forum you should form your own opinion or give credit to the person who actually posted this and not present it as your own. If you are in fact the poster "Breezy" from the linked website I apologize for calling you out.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=333614

Originally posted by SiloamSpringsHog:

Unless you're "Breezy" from this forum you should form your own opinion or give credit to the person who actually posted this and not present it as your own. If you are in fact the poster "Breezy" from the linked website I apologize for calling you out.

Hmmmm. Interesting find Siloam

Originally posted by SiloamSpringsHog:

FQ2Ws.jpg

I can't decide which is worse, having an idiotic opinion on something or plagiarizing someone else's idiotic opinion.

I thin that there is a difference between discrimination as an action in the workplace and the use of racial language in private. Neither are morally acceptable but legally they are different. This guy is a POS no doubt about it. The market will taken care of him but unless his actions in the workplace are racially biased there is no legal footing to remove him as the owner. If he is acting upon his racial beliefs than he could lose it all from the league and in civil court.

You know one star post sooooo don't bother me. Like who would rate this one star.

Doesn't bother me at all!

Jevonta Herndon!!!! OMGLMFAO!!!!'

State Farm has dropped sponsorship and others to follow. That's where you hurt a guy like that. ghg

If he loses his job, that's not violating his right to free speech. He's a free man. You can't say stuff like that and not expect some blowback

Btw his girlfriend also sucks. TMZ released it and they suck, and now Jesse Jackson and al sharpton are race baiting more. It's like a douchebag convention

how much trouble is the girl going to get into for illegally recording a phone conversation? What he said was terrible but I would hate for a lot of people to have their phone calls recorded without knowledge because a lot of damage could be done and that is for both black and white people

Sterling comes across as an idiot and definitely a racist man but he sounds more like some jealous juvenile who is upset because his girlfriend was talking to the best athlete in the school and who just happened to be black. I was wondering if he'd of had a tantrum if she were talking to Mickey Rooney and all of a sudden it would have been about short people. It's just sad that an owner of a team is also an incredibly insecure person in spite of all of his money and his position and it results in something like this spectacle. Is he a racial bigot, probably that too but he's got a boatload of problems that go a long with it.

Originally posted by BOSSHOGFREE:
I thin that there is a difference between discrimination as an action in the workplace and the use of racial language in private. Neither are morally acceptable but legally they are different. This guy is a POS no doubt about it. The market will taken care of him but unless his actions in the workplace are racially biased there is no legal footing to remove him as the owner. If he is acting upon his racial beliefs than he could lose it all from the league and in civil court.
I would imagine the league could suspend him until he sells. Isn't that what happened to Marge Schott in MLB?

I am sure that none of those very rich black basketball players have ever said a racist statement in their life. Even if they had said something derogatory about white people, it would get swept under the rug just like it always does....

It is ok to be racist if your black.....

Now excuse me while i go watch Black Entertainment Television. I would be watching White Entertainment Television.....but that would be racist.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT