ADVERTISEMENT

Alex Collins (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue is just as much yours "Boss." Every freakin thing you type is "correct" and the law. Your infallibility and the words you preach on every topic is what makes you a "lightning rod."

Whether it is the founding fathers or Bret Bielema, you hold yourself to be the source for all things right. Ugh.

As usual 90% of what is on here is user friendly. Even people "like me" (lol) were and are supportive of Alex here. It is just that some can't handle views that exist outside their bubble. Going so far as to lecture how meaningful someone's faith milestone is or is not.

Truth be told, he's never been anywhere long enough to end the debate on whether or not he is in fact a good head coach.
And I am sure this will get deleted. Any time the views stray outside conservative southern Takes on faith and people get upset.

This post was edited on 9/15 10:26 AM by HendrixHog

Originally posted by HendrixHog:
The issue is just as much yours "Boss." Every freakin thing you type is "correct" and the law. It is what make people roll their eyes at you. Your infallibility and the words you preach on every topic is what makes you a "lightning rod."

Whether it is the founding fathers or Bret Bielema, you hold yourself to be the source for all things right. Ugh.

As usual 90% of what is on here is user friendly. Even people "like me" (lol) were and are supportive of Alex here. It is just that some can't handle views that exist outside their bubble. Going so far as to lecture how meaningful someone's faith milestone is or is not. Own up to it Boss.

Truth be told, he's never been anywhere long enough to end the debate on whether or not he is in fact a good head coach.
And I am sure this will get deleted. Any time the views stray outside conservative southern Takes on faith and people get upset.
You're the only one getting upset here. Others stated a view but you're the only one getting upset. To the point of making up fictional offenses to support you being upset. So spare us the conservative southern takes line. Seems to me the "Conservative southerns" overwhelmingly handled this topic with dignity. Refusing to engage in a religious debate and leaving the focus on the topic at hand until you and others for what ever reason chose to derail the thread. When that didn't work you turned to false accusations and now name calling / demeaning posters. Again, clearly showing your true intentions. I will respond no more to your spurring as to not take this thread further down a road it shouldn't go.

Absolutely ridiculous Boss. They were your words. If 2.0 and I read it wrong, that is possible. If I read it wrong, then I take back what I said on this issue. But no ownership of your poor word choosing says all we need to know.

And I stand by the "correct" themes of your posts.

I've already taken ownership of someone else's perceived views ITT even when that same person reacted to Jolly's post 100% in an opposite manner based solely off the person who posted it as it stated the exact same thing. That is everything I have to say on the matter that I haven't already. People can judge for themselves. I have no more interest here. Have a great day.

Very interesting opinions in this thread. This is a private board people PAY money to post not only there ideas, feelings, and opinions on but they are in there own right to say as much. So how in the world you have a right to say what they can post and what should be deleted. We as fans again PAY to post our opinions and feelings. So let's see we live a country where there is FREE speech we can exercise, but yet we can't exercise it when we pay for the right. Like I said interesting opinions in this threaNow for the ones that have problems with this thread but say they are Christians, wellPyou really need to check and make sure you aren't just lying to yourself, or lying to others. If you are a Christian then you should know what the great commission is and learn it well and not try to fight it.
So all the off comments in this thread just reinforces that Darkness hates the light and wants it to go away and will fight tooth and nail to squelch it.

WPS! Welcome Alex to the body of Christ, May you touch many lives and be able to share 10 fold what has been given to you. Praise God!!!
Religion and politics can't be discussed on this board per the rules. This should be in the Grim Bottom.
OU player and Ray rice KO a female in the face and that is okay to discuss but a kid who is never in trouble is trying to live a good life is off limits. Sad is all I can say about that.
Because everyone is on the same page about the Ray Rice thing. There is video evidence he did it. Everyone knows religion is a lightning rod topic because 40% of the people in this world don't believe in some magical bearded fairy grant-wisher that lives in the clouds.

Originally posted by Mr.Razorback:
Religion and politics can't be discussed on this board per the rules. This should be in the Grim Bottom.
OU player and Ray rice KO a female in the face and that is okay to discuss but a kid who is never in trouble is trying to live a good life is off limits. Sad is all I can say about that.
Because everyone is on the same page about the Ray Rice thing. There is video evidence he did it. Everyone knows religion is a lightning rod topic because 40% of the people in this world don't believe in some magical bearded fairy grant-wisher that lives in the clouds.

Cool story bro. Too bad the "facts" you are basing your position on are completely wrong. 40% that's funny. You got your data from your arse or a fairy grant-wisher (whatever the heck that is).
Everyone is on the same page with the Ray Rice issue? Really? You get that little nugget the same place you got the 40%. To each his own but you and your opinion are in a very small minority.

This post was edited on 9/15 11:59 AM by Hog Alumni

84% believe in God worldwide

When he said 40%, I assumed he meant those that are not Christian (32), Muslim (23) or Jewish (less than 1). Those three groups make up almost 60% (actually 55).

Hindus at 15%
Buddhists at 7%

Other: 6%

Half of Christians are Catholic. 37% are Protestant. 12% are Orthodox. According to the article.

It's a big ole world!
Back to original point: all the best Alex! Happy for you.

That is Very Exciting news! What a platform this young man has to be a witness and make a huge impact on lives.

Originally posted by HendrixHog:
When he said 40%, I assumed he meant those that are not Christian (32), Muslim (23) or Jewish (less than 1). Those three groups make up almost 60% (actually 55).

Hindus at 15%
Buddhists at 7%

Other: 6%

Half of Christians are Catholic. 37% are Protestant. 12% are Orthodox. According to the article.

It's a big ole world!
Back to original point: all the best Alex! Happy for you.

I respect what you are saying Hendrix, probably because you present it respectfully. I wasn't pushing my beliefs or religion on anyone. My point was only that way more people believe in God (however they define that) than don't. I also felt his response was condescending and disrespectful of the view of the majority of the world.

Alex is making solid choices and trying to be a good human being but some don't think this is the place to discuss such things. But rape, drugs, domestic violence are all welcome here? It just makes me sad some people just can't allow themselves from accepting positivity in another even if they don't agree with it. "This doesn't belong here" just comes across as very insecure.

'Good for you Alex! God bless you. I'll shut up about this now.

This post was edited on 9/15 12:35 PM by Hog Alumni

This post was edited on 9/15 12:41 PM by Hog Alumni

Fair post Hog Alumni. Thanks for posting it.

It is tough to discuss here for sure. Because for so many it literally is a "life and death" issue. It is impossible for so many of us not take it seriously! Ha.

Guys, I'm excited about AC's profession of faith, and for the most part, am very proud of everyone's posts in this thread.
But, rather than have the dialogue on religion pro or con get out of hand or increasingly testy, I am going to move this
to the GB, which is the appropriate forum for this discussion to continue.

Ump

Originally posted by wps88 2.0:
Since I'm catholic, I was baptized as a baby.

I don't know what "getting saved" means. Is that just getting baptized?
Catholic
Baptized shortly after birth (or any age) represented by family since a baby doesn't make many decisions.
Around age 7 (or any age) - First communion once faith can be better understood
Around age 12 (or any age) - Confirmation of Faith as one gets older and can understand more. Closer to the acceptance of faith in one's life like being Saved based on ones own will.

Same kind of stuff just a different sequence of religious events that are less spontaneous. Jews have a similar sequence of events as do other denominations of Christian and non-Christian religions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT