ADVERTISEMENT

OT KJ Hill

I don't have any idea why you guys can't let this go. The kid chose another school, get over it. You sound like a bunch of guys that didn't get a prom invite. Monster probably shouldn't have posted what he did but we're all human. Let it go and let's focus on the game this weekend. WPS!!!
On most kids, I am with you. Josh Frazier, Kiehl Frazier, even Mike Dyer, I don't hold it against a kid for leaving.

But, the kid handled this one very, very poorly. I don't have any issue with people being pissed. Play the game a certain way and deal with the consequences.

I don't have any idea why you guys can't let this go. The kid chose another school, get over it. You sound like a bunch of guys that didn't get a prom invite. Monster probably shouldn't have posted what he did but we're all human. Let it go and let's focus on the game this weekend. WPS!!!

Who's monster?
Did you mean Montez

753af39255e6cf754757109d6a4b4b5b.jpg

I'm seeing a pattern with every kid that leaves Arkansas to go to a big time program like Bama, Ohio state, auburn etc.

When was the last time anything worked out for a kid leaving for a big time program

Reactions: Tselph22 and Mass31
On most kids, I am with you. Josh Frazier, Kiehl Frazier, even Mike Dyer, I don't hold it against a kid for leaving.

But, the kid handled this one very, very poorly. I don't have any issue with people being pissed. Play the game a certain way and deal with the consequences.
Oh, you mean all the 17 year old kid did was be indecisive on a school and act immature? Holy shit, if that's the worse thing this kid does in his life, he's off to a great start in life. Google the percentages of kids his age doing all kinds of shit, riding around committing felonies, drugs, dropping out of school etc. Here we have a young AA male that is going to college in hopes of bettering his life for him and his family, and you guys want to bash him for being immature. Give me a break.

I'm seeing a pattern with every kid that leaves Arkansas to go to a big time program like Bama, Ohio state, auburn etc.

When was the last time anything worked out for a kid leaving for a big time program
Damien Williams did well but your point has been talked about a lot.

Oh, you mean all the 17 year old kid did was be indecisive on a school and act immature? Holy shit, if that's the worse thing this kid does in his life, he's off to a great start in life. Google the percentages of kids his age doing all kinds of shit, riding around committing felonies, drugs, dropping out of school etc. Here we have a young AA male that is going to college in hopes of bettering his life for him and his family, and you guys want to bash him for being immature. Give me a break.
Big stretch there. I'm not bashing him and actually don't see a lot of bashing going on. That said, I think it's natural for people to not want him to do well.

Big stretch there. I'm not bashing him and actually don't see a lot of bashing going on. That said, I think it's natural for people to not want him to do well.
Here is the thing, he is still a human and so is Montez. The guy has taken his lumps for what he posted and most of the guys jumping on him come across as insecure people who look for someone to bash. Get over it already (not you Dax).

You have no clue how focused I am for this weekend. Like I said I don't care what the kid does, he shunned us. Pops comes on to defend and he can expect a little thrown back at him.
I don't buy he's a Hog fan, and it insults me that he's considered one.
He cashed that ticket in a few years ago. I'm done now. GHG! WPS!

I actually feel sorry for him. Others caused/swayed his exit. He could have been the king of the world here, with life long connections to his home state knowing the average NFL career last 4 years. The NFL always finds the talent no matter where you go. So stay home...be loyal...or be prepared to deal with some backlash. Unfortunately, that's just how it is...but everybody knew that up front....and yes...like HM said...he will fine. He will play and get an Ohio State degree for free.

Lee Ziemba. Can't remember if he started all 4 years but certainly at least 3. That's pretty solid at an SEC school. The TE from Bentonville or Springdale did fairly well at UNC. It's not uncommon but those highly rated kids that leave have never played against the competition their college teammates have. Arkansas highschool football is way behind every state in the SEC except maybe Kentucky.

Here is the thing, he is still a human and so is Montez. The guy has taken his lumps for what he posted and most of the guys jumping on him come across as insecure people who look for someone to bash. Get over it already (not you Dax).
Sometimes it just best to read and not reply nobody is bashing the young man but the father bashed a lot of people.
Pretty much know with our collection of hog memorabilia we are hogs just not him.
When I see hog fans licking the OSU trophy and posting it makes me think wtf.

Reactions: Mass31
The step dad deserves any crap he gets. He antagonized this board to the point everyone turned on his step son. KJ Hill is just a kid and should be left alone... Actually, he shouldn't be mentioned on this board because his name brings out the worst in posters.
Couldn't agree more. Montez antagonized any Hog fan that would fall into it. He did it on just about every message board, and went completely stupid on Twitter. There was a calculated reason for it too. He knew that he could bring out the worst in people, so he did it. Why?? So he could point to it and say "Look here! These people don't care about you! All they care about is whether or not you play at the school they want!"
Well you're right Monte, all we cared about, was seeing KJ Hill in a hog uniform. God forbid, if we wanted to see Him, Will, and every other Arkansas kid, go out and try to have success as a Razorback. How selfish of us, to wanna see them bring our football team, and state, to the top of the SEC.
He knew what he was doing then, and he knows what he's doing now. KJ, Montezip, and anyone else involved, made a horrible decision and it's becoming more and more apparent as the days go by.

Really sucks for the kid. He's the type of talent that could be on the field and contributing a good amount this year, but instead, he'll probably have to wait til his RS junior year to see significant action. I'd put everything I have in my wallet on it (ironically it's $600 bucks) the he'd be a factor this year, if he'd stuck with his original commitment. Got caught up in the moment and the allure of Urban Meyer, and made a bad decision. Too bad somebody around him, couldn't keep a level head and help him see things for what they really were.
I simply do not understand how so many claim everlasting loyalty to in-state kids that simply would choose the hogs. Then turn on them at the moment they make a very personal and important decision about their future that, in fact, might be better than choosing the hogs for them (God forbid they have a personality conflict or find a better system for their skills).

Or the kids (highly rated ones) that do choose the hogs and don't crack the two deep after a year find themselves in the purgatory of overrated never-will-be's. The love fest ends fast in that very common scenario.

KJ would not be in the two deep if he was at Arkansas going into game one, period.

The distasteful tone and flippant attitude towards kids who undoubtedly went through a difficult process of choosing an unpopular choice , because in their hearts, they believed it to be right, is complete BS and unhelpful in convincing others to come to Arkansas.

BTW, this is not particularly directed at treeclimber2

I simply do not understand how so many claim everlasting loyalty to in-state kids that simply would choose the hogs. Then turn on them at the moment they make a very personal and important decision about their future that, in fact, might be better than choosing the hogs for them (God forbid they have a personality conflict or find a better system for their skills).

Or the kids (highly rated ones) that do choose the hogs and don't crack the two deep after a year find themselves in the purgatory of overrated never-will-be's. The love fest ends fast in that very common scenario.

KJ would not be in the two deep if he was at Arkansas going into game one, period.

The distasteful tone and flippant attitude towards kids who undoubtedly went through a difficult process of choosing an unpopular choice , because in their hearts, they believed it to be right, is complete BS and unhelpful in convincing others to come to Arkansas.

BTW, this is not particularly directed at treeclimber2

I am not sure that is true, but even if it is with what the hogs have graduating this year he would definitely be in the top three for next year's team. That apparently won't be the case at OSU.

Well it all goes back to the way a lot of these young men handle recruiting.
Sometimes it seems they play a more look at me want attention show me love role , how many followers can I get.
Some are very professional like Agim and are first class.
Some you think it's the parent getting recruited and not the child.
You can almost tell the ones who are after the gifts of green.
And if you follow recruiting and know some of the behind the scenes stuff like off field problems, classroom problems, changing of schools , parent involvement even HS coach involvement you can understand a little more about a recruit or why a recruit is not getting offered.
These are young men and should have the ability at 17 and 18 to make good decisions on life.
I would hope that the young men can choose the school they wish to go to and the parents back them (worked out real well for Alex Collins).
I think most Arkansas kids want to be hogs and want to win and play for their home state.
I think a lot are pulled away by what they get and hear and are promised by other big schools and it's happened a lot in the past 5 years in Football and Basketball.
Arkansas needs to start winning and hopefully that will help us keep these instate players home.
Go hogs

Reactions: bcap77
Its not in our programs best interest to see a kid leave the state and do well. Been proven. Nothing personal against the Hills or the Fraziers that make this choice. We don't wish those that leave harm but we also don't want them to kick ass on the football field. Not personal.

Last edited:
It's not out of the question to expect a 17 or 18 year old to make a thought out, educated decision. Most of the disappointment expressed in this board over recruiting correlate with recruits making perceived uneducated choices. If they choose to attend another school instead of my favorite team, then I reserve the right to be disappointed and share my disappointment on a message board that I pay good money to be apart of. Those that defend KJ clearly have honorable intentions, but don't belittle those who want to express their opinions. Especially when there really isn't any true "player bashing" going on.

Reactions: Mass31
I don't have any idea why you guys can't let this go. The kid chose another school, get over it. You sound like a bunch of guys that didn't get a prom invite. Montez probably shouldn't have posted what he did but we're all human. Let it go and let's focus on the game this weekend. WPS!!!

The sour grapes and lack of class is astonishing...

Reactions: dmjinc71
I hope the best for the kid, hope he does well and has a great life, I wish he was a hog but he made the decision that was best for him...I'll always pull for Arkansas kids to succeed and do well. Is he not a RS freshman? Seems a bit early to write him off...but hey what do I know?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT