ADVERTISEMENT

OT KJ Hill

On most kids, I am with you. Josh Frazier, Kiehl Frazier, even Mike Dyer, I don't hold it against a kid for leaving.

But, the kid handled this one very, very poorly. I don't have any issue with people being pissed. Play the game a certain way and deal with the consequences.

Agree with this 100%. Many good in-state players haven't chose the Hogs and I have no problem with them. But Hill committed to the Hogs and then turned around and shit on Arkansas and thought he was too good for his home state school.

No, but he does have my vote.
trump-oompa-loompa.jpg

Agree with this 100%. Many good in-state players haven't chose the Hogs and I have no problem with them. But Hill committed to the Hogs and then turned around and shit on Arkansas and thought he was too good for his home state school.
This guy gets it.

It's apparent that Montez must have kissed Mr. Razorbacks trophy also. It's also apparent that Mr. Razorback kinda liked it. :cool: GHG!
We're talking sports, your mind is on two men. Is there something you need to get off your chest?

Reactions: pigem
I just like to give my mental energy to those that are Razorbacks...don't wish any ill will but OSU and other teams are NOT my focus or in my thoughts whatsoever.. but that's just me..
Good post--I don't root for Arkansas guys that have firm offer from Razorbacks and go elsewhere. Especially like Hill, Dyer, Frazier (qb) etc. where things get snippy. Burt---if they don't do well--they help our program in that the next guy may think twice before going to the new promised land.

I don't feel the same however for guys that don't get ARK scholly (of course) and get a full ride with another school. Don't expect everyone to walk on.
Or a guy like Ziemba/OT who went to Auburn BUT his Mom and Dad had attended school there and his grandparents live there.

Reactions: vdawson
I'm not going to actively root against the kid and I can absolutely understand why in-state kids can become infatuated with the huge programs that ESPN basically sexually assaults each and every football season.

That said, I think we would all be lying to ourselves if we didn't admit that it feels a little good when a kid that shuns us - especially after first committing - doesn't do much at his chosen school. I believe Mr.Razorback made an analogy of posters reacting like a kid "not getting asked to the prom"....but when the girl that you wanted to ask trips and spills her drink on the dance floor, you laugh...for an uncomfortable amount of time.

Zach-Galifianakis-Awkward-Laugh-In-Dinner-For-Schmucks.gif

I'm not going to actively root against the kid and I can absolutely understand why in-state kids can become infatuated with the huge programs that ESPN basically sexually assaults each and every football season.

That said, I think we would all be lying to ourselves if we didn't admit that it feels a little good when a kid that shuns us - especially after first committing - doesn't do much at his chosen school. I believe Mr.Razorback made an analogy of posters reacting like a kid "not getting asked to the prom"....but when the girl that you wanted to ask trips and spills her drink on the dance floor, you laugh...for an uncomfortable amount of time.

Zach-Galifianakis-Awkward-Laugh-In-Dinner-For-Schmucks.gif
Especially when it's the girl who first said she'd go with you, and just her saying yes had made you ecstatic, and then she up and breaks the date to go to the prom with the star quarterback ... yes, when you see her trip and fall and spill her drink on the dance floor, you darn right it's funny.

Reactions: Hog Alumni
Especially when it's the girl who first said she'd go with you, and just her saying yes had made you ecstatic, and then she up and breaks the date to go to the prom with the star quarterback ... yes, when you see her trip and fall and spill her drink on the dance floor, you darn right it's funny.
Especially when that same girls step-dad talks about your whole family right as she is saying yes to the star QB. Yeah, you don't like them after that.

Lee Ziemba. Can't remember if he started all 4 years but certainly at least 3. That's pretty solid at an SEC school. The TE from Bentonville or Springdale did fairly well at UNC. It's not uncommon but those highly rated kids that leave have never played against the competition their college teammates have. Arkansas highschool football is way behind every state in the SEC except maybe Kentucky.
He started as a true freshman and 4 year starter. he was All SEC. Hated to lose him but his family had strong ties to Auburn.

Kids flip in football all the time. Sometimes to the benefit of the Hogs. I don't recall anyone questioning those kids character. It's all about how smart they were and Arkansas is a better choice for their career, etc.

I get people don't like certain family members in this situation. However, it is hypocritical to be completely fine and excited when an out-of-state kid flips to the hogs and indignant when the reverse happens. BTW, if you can't see how family played a role in this, I can't help you. I wish people would lay off the kid though.

Reactions: Paul Loyd
Kids flip in football all the time. Sometimes to the benefit of the Hogs. I don't recall anyone questioning those kids character. It's all about how smart they were and Arkansas is a better choice for their career, etc.

I get people don't like certain family members in this situation. However, it is hypocritical to be completely fine and excited when an out-of-state kid flips to the hogs and indignant when the reverse happens. BTW, if you can't see how family played a role in this, I can't help you. I wish people would lay off the kid though.

Has a kid who was rated one of the top players, if not the top player, in his state ever done this: commit to his home state team in a big show, and then down the recruiting stretch decommitted and signed with Arkansas? Even when Arkansas was a regular Top 10 team. I've followed Arkansas football and I don't remember the Hogs getting any top prospect this way. I don't know how many players outside of Joe Ferguson in La. or maybe Gary Anderson in Missouri who were top players in their state even signed with the Hogs, much less anyone that committed to their home state school and later flipped.

Has a kid who was rated one of the top players, if not the top player, in his state ever done this: commit to his home state team in a big show, and then down the recruiting stretch decommitted and signed with Arkansas? Even when Arkansas was a regular Top 10 team. I've followed Arkansas football and I don't remember the Hogs getting any top prospect this way. I don't know how many players outside of Joe Ferguson in La. or maybe Gary Anderson in Missouri who were top players in their state even signed with the Hogs, much less anyone that committed to their home state school and later flipped.

Mitch Mustain.

I'm talking about an out-of-state kid. Has Arkansas ever gotten a top out-of-state kid to flip who was previously committed to his home state team?

However, that's pretty good Dirk.

My selective reading/ skimming got me. Sorry.

There is a good chance that the Mustain comparison works out though.
  • talented (highly rated) player that wavers on commitment
  • parent who ranges somewhere between overbearing and batshit crazy
  • leaves the state never to be heard from again (at least for exploits on the field).

....but when the girl that you wanted to ask trips and spills her drink on the dance floor, you laugh...for an uncomfortable amount of time.

Especially when that same girls step-dad talks about your whole family right as she is saying yes to the star QB. Yeah, you don't like them after that.

And then in a couple of months it turns out that the star QB, who never called her again after that night, knocked her up.

You guys had some sad proms. If you get jilted, just go to the prom and dance like no one is watching.

giphy.gif

I've clicked this thread twice both were a waste. Would you guys let it die a quiet death?

Nothing more ironic than someone bashing postesrs for supposedly bashing someone else. Pure Gold right there. If you come on a message board and make it personal don't get in your feelings and take it personal when people clap back at you.

Nothing more ironic than someone bashing postesrs for supposedly bashing someone else. Pure Gold right there. If you come on a message board and make it personal don't get in your feelings and take it personal when people clap back at you.
It's almost as bad as the posters that jump on the thread and contribute nothing to the thread other than to bash other posters.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT