ADVERTISEMENT

Wazzu Fires Rolovich

I will say, it's pretty smart of the Dems...do the outrageous - like require vaccines for those who don't need it - in an effort to get Rs to point out the obvious: it's uneeded. This will get their fanbase riled up given uneducated altruism is the D bread and butter: "I don't know what I'm talking about, but you want kids to die; so I hate you."

Reactions: mikedamone
- I do not believe the pharmaceutical companies are even remotely altruistic. However, using your approach here, you would never take any vaccine, no matter how perfect or how needed. Simply because those who have made it will make money off it. All the while supporting those who promote much more expensive treatment methods made by the same pharmaceutical companies.

- Back to the Alabama doctors. When you live in a state where the vaccination rate is around 50%, that's a huge amount of potential patients. For 23 doctors out of 10,600 (0.22%) registered in the state to promote something that could appeal to 50% of the potential customers (and donors), that's good business. Maybe not ethical, but certainly identifying a hell of an opportunity.

Its all the other doctors that are telling a large portion of their customer base something they don't like or want to hear.
To your first point, my approach to these vaccines was to "wait and see" due to the expedient nature of their implementation, immunity from liability, FDA status, and the overwhelming political narrative associated with them. While serving in the military, I took probably every vaccination they could give due to working on several different continents. I had a bad reaction to the small pox vaccine and developed a pretty serious staff infection as a result. As for the rest of them, so far so good. I am not antivax.

However, since the summer when people on this site were telling the unvaccinated to go jump in a fire, more information keeps coming out. The vaccines wane, data for natural immunity is showing that it may be stronger, and now the government is trying to enforce mandates through OSHA. I currently have zero comorbidities and fall into the age group where I have a 99.98% survivability rate before treatment. I feel pretty good about my chances if I were to get the virus. The stronger the authoritarian approach to these treatments, the more I will resist. This is my approach.

As for the Alabama doctors, I think you have highlighted enough about the potential interests they have and has expanded my perspective. I appreciate it. If I come across another letter like this, I will make sure to do a little research on those physicians and look for authenticity. I still support these physicians urging the governor to resist vaccine mandates, though.

If this hullabaloo is about keeping people alive....I am still waiting for the government to enforce other things that will make people live longer.
Everyone will die....but the public is more afraid of dying with the China virus than other things that shorten a life span. :)

Reactions: hogger42
"We're not forcing you, we are just taking everything you have until you consent."

?

Reactions: hogger42
If this hullabaloo is about keeping people alive....I am still waiting for the government to enforce other things that will make people live longer.
Everyone will die....but the public is more afraid of dying with the China virus than other things that shorten a life span. :)
If the government/citizens truly cared, they would be acknowledging the fact that 78% of COVID hospitalizations were overweight or obese in 2020 and emphasize that personal health was keeping the hospitals overwhelmed. Due to the politically correct society that we now live in, this fact is left out of the conversation at the national level. Instead, we are told this is a pandemic of the unvaccinated instead of those who do not take care of themselves.

• Love
Reactions: anon_j0hjgb7us6s1a
If the government/citizens truly cared, they would be acknowledging the fact that 78% of COVID hospitalizations were overweight or obese in 2020 and emphasize that personal health was keeping the hospitals overwhelmed. Due to the politically correct society that we now live in, this fact is left out of the conversation at the national level. Instead, we are told this is a pandemic of the unvaccinated instead of those who do not take care of themselves.
Politicians attempting to tackle obesity in various ways has not been celebrated by my side (R). See Michelle Obama and Mike Bloomberg.

Freedom extends to eating like shit and being obese as well.

Politicians attempting to tackle obesity in various ways has not been celebrated by my side (R). See Michelle Obama and Mike Bloomberg.

Freedom extends to eating like shit and being obese as well.
I absolutely agree. Freedom is freedom. I did not make this post to curtail the personal choices of each individual. Just look at some of the responses since the vaccinations rolled out and who a large portion of society is blaming. We, the unvaccinated, have been shamed to the point that our lives are expendable and that we should not receive medical care, all while negating the fact that it is the unhealthy who are the most hospitalized.

If our government is okay with its fascistic messaging/policy decisions, don't you think acknowledging personal health would come first? This is why I say they don't care about us, only the messaging and special interests they hold.

In a nutshell, if someone tells an unvaccinated person to jump in a fire then they should also tell the obese the same. I just want consistency in their logic. Since there is none, I will point out the fallacies of their arguments. By all means, do what you want with your own health. Just don't shame the ones who take great care for themselves and choose not to get these treatments. That's my point.

I would also say to those who wish for a universal healthcare system and want more support, telling those who are unvaccinated that they shouldn't receive medical care doesn't help your case. This example is exactly why most of us question such a centralized system. Food for thought.

I would also say to those who wish for a universal healthcare system and want more support, telling those who are unvaccinated that they shouldn't receive medical care doesn't help your case. This example is exactly why most of us question such a centralized system. Food for thought.
Good point Hawg Chief, it has been my experience that every time big government takes over an industry, any industry, things will get much worse in a hurry. The possible exception is the military but just look at what has happened to that also. If you believe that universal healthcare is a panacea, look at the VA. I don’t know if the people calling for this are stupid or just ignorant but it is certainly shortsighted and damaging.

DRASTIC MEASURES Four key restrictions Boris Johnson could bring back in weeks if Covid patients rise and vulnerable don’t get boosters

Washington Post
Popular California burger chain In-N-Out is refusing to comply with San Francisco’s mandate that restaurants check vaccine cards before allowing customers to dine indoors — a move that resulted in a temporary shutdown of the city’s only location.

“We refuse to become the vaccination police for any government,” Arnie Wensinger, the company’s chief legal and business officer, said in a statement shared with The Washington Post. “It is unreasonable, invasive, and unsafe to force our restaurant Associates to segregate Customers into those who may be served and those who may not, whether based on the documentation they carry, or any other reason.”

The clash comes as the country remains divided about pandemic policies, with vaccination mandates in the public and private sectors prompting unrest and firings. San Francisco, like New York City, requires customers to be vaccinated before they can dine inside, and restaurants are responsible for checking cards at the door.

Good point Hawg Chief, it has been my experience that every time big government takes over an industry, any industry, things will get much worse in a hurry. The possible exception is the military but just look at what has happened to that also. If you believe that universal healthcare is a panacea, look at the VA. I don’t know if the people calling for this are stupid or just ignorant but it is certainly shortsighted and damaging.
I pointed this out in one of my class discussions about universal healthcare, recently. I explained my own personal accounts with using the VA (it is my only source of health insurance) and what the quality of care has been for me. Classmates were quick to minimize my experiences and explain to me what "should" be done to fix the existing problems. It is quite amusing hearing people in their 20's who have never held a real job in their lives tell me how they would fix a system as large as the VA. It is a complex problem that needs attention, that I agree with.

I do not disparage anyone who works in the VA, necessarily. I can only say that one ortho who I had a consultation for surgery did not give two sh!ts about my care and as a result, I declined any further treatment in that area. As for the rest, I have had great people take care of me at the VA. My biggest gripes are about the system as a whole.

I'd like a system that was two-tiered, honestly. One private, one public health. Each person can choose and less taxes are taken from those who choose private. There has to be some sort of compromise with this issue due to the trajectory of health costs. I believe Germany has a similar system but I would have to do more research on it.

96% of physicians in Alabama are vaccinated.

Much like the other side, there’s a lot of money to be made in being anti-vaxx these days. Just have to find the right niche.
[/QUOT
Eevery one of them that work at the hospital as well as all hospital employees were sent a letter saying that all present and future employees had to be vaccinated to work at the hospitals or their satellite offices.. My wife had to get it although she hated it

Last edited:
People are still lab rats if so much is unknown
-----
(Bloomberg) -- Researchers from Israel told a panel of U.S. vaccine experts weighing a potential Covid-19 booster dose from Pfizer Inc. and BioNTech SE on Friday that it’s unclear how long the benefit of such a shot would last.

A big part of the case for booster shots is data from Israel showing that, in the short term, a third dose of the vaccine dramatically lowered infections and severe illness in the short term in people over age 60 and older.

However, it isn’t yet clear whether the enhanced protection boosters could provide would be short-lived, or if the benefit would be lasting.

Minnesota Governor Tim Walz has implemented a financial incentive program for minors to receive the Covid-19 vaccine. The “Kids Deserve a Shot” program hopes to incentivize Minnesotans aged 12-17 to get vaccinated.

According to MN.gov, kids can receive a $200 Visa gift card by completing their vaccine series between October 18- November 30. Once the child has received both doses, the parent can register them on the site. In addition to the gift cards, there will be five drawings to win s $100,000 scholarship. The money can be used at any private or public nonprofit educational institution in the state. After a parent registers their child, they will be entered in each of the five drawings. The Minnesota state lottery will conduct the drawings.

If he goes the federal route he’s in the 9th circuit (if he files in Washington state) which isn’t likely to rule in his favor if I was to guess but you never know, this will probably drag out for a while
I’m sure you’re right. I have no idea how the appeals process work, but I assume the lawyer is aware of just what you’re saying and preparing for that.

People are still lab rats if so much is unknown
-----
(Bloomberg) -- Researchers from Israel told a panel of U.S. vaccine experts weighing a potential Covid-19 booster dose from Pfizer Inc. and BioNTech SE on Friday that it’s unclear how long the benefit of such a shot would last.

A big part of the case for booster shots is data from Israel showing that, in the short term, a third dose of the vaccine dramatically lowered infections and severe illness in the short term in people over age 60 and older.

However, it isn’t yet clear whether the enhanced protection boosters could provide would be short-lived, or if the benefit would be lasting.
They are all just guessing and have been for the past 18 months. It's a novel virus so guesses are all they have.

I’m sure you’re right. I have no idea how the appeals process work, but I assume the lawyer is aware of just what you’re saying and preparing for that.
This may be one of the cases that potentially reaches the supreme court eventually, but even if it does there likely wouldn’t be a ruling until next summer at the earliest with a more realistic decision in spring/summer of 2023 unless they were to move this case up in the docket if it gets granted cert.

Last edited:
Guess my whole deal is why does he get to tell private businesses what they can and can't do in the first place? Be it an executive order or not. Outside of the protected classes in which you can't discriminate against, why does he get to dictate store decisions?

He, and other governors, tell them that they can’t serve spoiled food. That they can’t discriminate. That they can’t serve too many drinks to drunk people. That they can’t jack prices up after a natural disaster. And they can certainly tell them that they can’t violate their executive orders. They tell businesses what they can or cannot do all the time of it is in the public interest.

Do you have the same issue with the president, or governors in other states, telling private businesses that they must require vaccinations, masks, etc for their employees/customers? Just checking for ideological consistency here.
@RHS_Cyclone -- No response?

Reactions: RHS_Cyclone
or maybe they are trying to save lives and end a highly infectious, airborne pathogen from existence.

Serious question… and if all Americans are mandated to get the vaccine do you find it odd that the immigrants coming into our country are also not mandated to do the same?

I mean if you’re really wanting to stop the highly infectious pathogen and letting millions of immigrants in shouldn‘t the rules be the same?

You won’t get an answer. Lol…..
Told you.

@Cruiserhog --- You got nothing?

Reactions: jHawg
He won't win in the Supreme Court
I’m sure you’re referencing the Indiana decision; however, if the state decided to either a) disregard their initial “leniencies” I.e., wear a mask, get tested, be tracked and you’re good or b) if they did say, “we don’t care if you’re given an exemption, we’re still firing you.”

I think it could be different.

But we’ll see.

I’m sure you’re referencing the Indiana decision; however, if the state decided to either a) disregard their initial “leniencies” I.e., wear a mask, get tested, be tracked and you’re good or b) if they did say, “we don’t care if you’re given an exemption, we’re still firing you.”

I think it could be different.

But we’ll see.

Extremely unlikely that he wins any lawsuit. He's likely just using it to squeeze WSU for a few bucks in a settlement.

You appear to have the facts of the case well known. Can you share them with the rest of the group? TIA!
For starters he can't sue yet. There are several steps he must take prior to that including an internal appeal and a mediation process.

Michael McCann sums it up here: https://www.sportico.com/law/analys...firing-not-immune-from-litigation-1234644326/

"These and other arguments would face an uphill climb. The state’s vaccination requirement has thus far overcome legal challenge. U.S. Supreme Court precedent also favors the authority of governments to adopt vaccine requirements. Rolovich is also, clearly, an employee of the school and subject to the requirement."

Reactions: PorkshankRedemption
For starters he can't sue yet. There are several steps he must take prior to that including an internal appeal and a mediation process.

Michael McCann sums it up here: https://www.sportico.com/law/analys...firing-not-immune-from-litigation-1234644326/

"These and other arguments would face an uphill climb. The state’s vaccination requirement has thus far overcome legal challenge. U.S. Supreme Court precedent also favors the authority of governments to adopt vaccine requirements. Rolovich is also, clearly, an employee of the school and subject to the requirement."
I'm not a subscriber. Could you copy & paste?

I haven't followed his case at all, but as I understand it, it's a statewide mandate, not a school mandate. Shouldn't he be suing the state?

The religious exemption being denied seems as if it would be a sticking point for a government entity.

I imagine he can negotiate a settlement of some sort based on that alone. But that is based on common sense and not the actual law, which rarely seem to intersect in cases like these.

I haven't followed his case at all, but as I understand it, it's a statewide mandate, not a school mandate. Shouldn't he be suing the state?
Read the image from the tweet. He's basically saying the school was more strict than the requirements and discredited any attempt for an exemption.

I agree, if his whole argument was, "nuh uh, I'm not doing it," I don't think he'd have a case. I think this is a bit different as it appears he was "following protocol," as it pertains to requesting an exemption.

The state and university trustees would likely be on the suit, this will probably take a while before it gets close to the court with all the lower courts and litigation that have to occur.

The suit will be similar to the suit from Maine for healthcare workers who had their emergency petition denied while waiting on a ruling from an appeals court, or for the policy’s starting date

There is always a chance for rebellion or violent response.
Actually I am surprised at how many like police and military have refused to obey Biden and Fauci

Imagine agreeing that voter ID laws are racist and that we need to end systemic racism while also agreeing that vaccine mandates are ethical even though African Americans are the highest ratio of unvaccinated as a racial category.

He had multiple myeloma, a blood cancer that would impair his immune system’s response to the vaccine. Which is why the decent and moral thing to do is to get vaccinated so we don’t spread this to at risk people like him. But a large percentage of the population chooses to expose others because they think it’s a communist plot and violation of our liberty for us to band together to do the right thing.
You do realize that vaccinated people can and are spreading the virus?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT