ADVERTISEMENT

Whaley

TnBoroHogs

Letterman
Jan 1, 2014
Texas site reporting he will not announce his decision until NSD and will OV Texas.

Yeah...if he really waits, then it definitely seems like he's looking for a reason to not come to Arkansas. We've gift wrapped a possible starting job for him and he hasn't leaped at the chance.

But...I'm also wondering if he's wanting to wait and see what Alex Collins decides to do in mid-Jan with his draft declaration.

Yeah...if he really waits, then it definitely seems like he's looking for a reason to not come to Arkansas. We've gift wrapped a possible starting job for him and he hasn't leaped at the chance.

But...I'm also wondering if he's wanting to wait and see what Alex Collins decides to do in mid-Jan with his draft declaration.
He sure wasn't worried about that at GA.

Has this been confirmed by Whaley himself? I'd really like to know why some of these high profile recruits just turn their nose up at the idea of Fayetteville? Some of these other SEC schools are in shvthole cities like College station, Starkville, and Oxford, but they certainly don't mind going there.

The kid does not need a reason not to come to AR, he just has to say he is not interested. Same if he does not want to go to UT. It is all about making the case that being a Razorback is the best place for him to play football and get a great education. The Hill has to fit better than Austin. Pretty simple.

If he was gonna commit to us do ya think he might wanna wait to see who all declares for the draft. Like Collins and Williams maybe? Just a thought..

Why would that matter. Every school he is looking at has backs as good as ours. It just appears he doesn't want to go to Arkansas similar to all the other top backs we're on.

If he was gonna commit to us do ya think he might wanna wait to see who all declares for the draft. Like Collins and Williams maybe? Just a thought..
Texas has both Chris Warren and Donta Foreman for at least another year. Two very good backs. The kid simply isn't personally sold on Arkansas in my opinion. Hope I'm wrong.

Has this been confirmed by Whaley himself? I'd really like to know why some of these high profile recruits just turn their nose up at the idea of Fayetteville? Some of these other SEC schools are in shvthole cities like College station, Starkville, and Oxford, but they certainly don't mind going there.
Yep. I don't understand. Fayetteville and NWA are great. It doesn't make any sense to me.

Give me Porter and call it a day.

GH!!
Porter is the best by far but I'm starting to think that we'll strike out with all these guys. It's time to offer some good 3 star guys and not put all our eggs in 3 baskets. There are plenty of good RB's and not these 3-4 as I stated a while back.

I have been confident about getting Whaley for a long time.However,it's looking like he does not want to come to Fayetteville.

No Whaley headlines on the Texas rivals or 247 board, since you are already breaking the rules why not be more specific on who's reporting it?

I'm thinking the Pittman defection is hurting more than some would like to think.
I don't understand why Pittman leaving would affect Whaley. I don't see Strong at Texas much longer. My opinion only. No inside info. Someone said in a post somewhere that maybe Whaley is waiting to see what AC and JW will do. Makes sense to me.

One of the selling points to a RB at Arkansas is that you get to run behind "the biggest and best" O Line in football. Pittman was sold as a big part of that.

He already chose another school (UGA) for no reason other than he liked it better, frankly, I don't see the point in continuing the chase, but if he comes here, great, but to actually expect it to happen is silly. Strike that...that's MA's attitude...I'm trusting that our staff ... Wait, that's Rick Schaeffer...gees

One of the selling points to a RB at Arkansas is that you get to run behind "the biggest and best" O Line in football. Pittman was sold as a big part of that.

I think BB should be sold as a bigger part of that. Many many offensive lineman went to the pros from those Wisconsin teams that didn't have Pittman

Reactions: Mass31
I see your point, but we still have CBB. As good as Pittman was, CBB will still go after High quality lineman and I think recruits will realize that. I am optimistic about this because I like to see my glass as half full. I'm also thinking Coach B will find someone as good as or better to replace Pittman just to show Sam he can.

I see your point, but we still have CBB. As good as Pittman was, CBB will still go after High quality lineman and I think recruits will realize that. I am optimistic about this because I like to see my glass as half full. I'm also thinking Coach B will find someone as good as or better to replace Pittman just to show Sam he can.

I agree with what you are saying. I just think the new hire will come a little to late for this years recruiting class especially the O-line and RB recruits.

If there is one it's new
Exactly. Grown, white 20-50 year old white men don't understand why a 18 year old AA would pass up an opportunity to live surrounded by 20-50 year old white men. This board can have some dumb summabitches on here sometimes. I mean stupid. It's common sense.

Reactions: WarriorHog25
Again, too much time until NSD to panic, people.

If we were 2-3 weeks from signing day and Whaley, Porter, Boyd, Pennamon and White are all committed elsewhere, then I'd be getting a little nervous.

In the meantime, you've gotta realize these kids are constantly being pulled and sold on how theyre going to be the next big name in X team's uniform, which naturally causes mixed emotions and ditch-to-ditch favorites.

It's part of the ride and should be the expectation. If you're expecting big-time kids to pick a team, fall in love with a school, commit early and etc, you should come back on NSD.

Reactions: suttlekc
Exactly. Grown, white 20-50 year old white men don't understand why a 18 year old AA would pass up an opportunity to live surrounded by 20-50 year old white men. This board can have some dumb summabitches on here sometimes. I mean stupid. It's common sense.
That is quite possibly, the dumbest thing I have ever read...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT