ADVERTISEMENT

Whaley

Well our starting lineup on Offense has 4 AA. Kirkland, Collins, Reed & Cornelius. How is that 90%? I mean that's not even 90% of offense & defense together.
Our team as a whole is predominantly AA. It obviously doesn't effect every AA kid the same way. I think some of the young AA kids see it as a way out of a life on the streets. The town in general is obviously mostly white but the actual campus population is prob quite a bit different.

Man, this type of conversation hurts. I understand if this was Ole Miss or maybe Fayetteville 20 years ago. But, just not true today. Ole Miss gets a pass on this subject and we have in-house fighting. Sometimes we are our own worst enemy.

Exactly. Grown, white 20-50 year old white men don't understand why a 18 year old AA would pass up an opportunity to live surrounded by 20-50 year old white men. This board can have some dumb summabitches on here sometimes. I mean stupid. It's common sense.
I didn't realize that all our current players are white...

Our team as a whole is predominantly AA. It obviously doesn't effect every AA kid the same way. I think some of the young AA kids see it as a way out of a life on the streets. The town in general is obviously mostly white but the actual campus population is prob quite a bit different.
K

College Station is 6.8% AA
Fayetteville is 6% AA

Go.
I have spent a lot of time in college station and its almost 100% Cowboys! I have no doubt Fayetteville is the better city when it comes to this conversation. It's also why o don't by it. No doubt there has been a kid that said there want enough of an AA population but I don't think that's the norm.

Reactions: LR_Hog
I have spent a lot of time in college station and its almost 100% Cowboys! I have no doubt Fayetteville is the better city when it comes to this conversation. It's also why o don't by it. No doubt there has been a kid that said there want enough of an AA population but I don't think that's the norm.

This.

Texas, the state, produced 345 FBS D-1 players last year. Plenty to go around. How many did Arkansas have? Next!

That's an entirely different argument. No one here has argued that TX doesn't produce tons of talent.
Typical tactic when proven wrong is to change the subject.

Texas, the state, produced 345 FBS D-1 players last year. Plenty to go around. How many did Arkansas have? Next!

That's an entirely different argument. No one here has argued that TX doesn't produce tons of talent.

Reactions: HawgWild79
1.9= plenty in your world? What an idiot. Just admit you're wrong and move on.
according to that link, there are almost half a million people in that region, right? What's 2% of half a mill... yeah, that's a good amount of individuals...Roughly 10 thousand. How many of those 10 thousand are students or younger people?
I never said that NWA was predominantly black, like you're making it out... I said plenty.

Last edited:
I
if I had the opportunity to play football or any other major college sport then hell yes I would! Like treeclimber said, 90% or more of the people any athlete will see on a daily basis will be AA.

So, those kids don't go to class? That % isn't 90. The mall, same. Anywhere else, same. Potato.

Reactions: Mr.Razorback
I never said Arkansas had the lowest %, genius. I said it's hard for a kid to hop on a plane and want to stay where there is a huge majority of 20-50 year old white men. Now, living in Texas....you following me here dumbass?....you live in the same state. Most of the kids' parent that go to A&M can still see them play in Texas and they're close by to drive home after school. I don't mind you being ignorant, just don't expect me to keep replying to it.

according to that link, there are almost half a million people in that region, right? What's 2% of half a mill... yeah, that's a good amount of individuals...Roughly 10 thousand. How many of those 10 thousand are students or younger people?
I never said that NWA was predominantly black, like you're making it out... I said plenty.
2% is still 2%

I never said Arkansas had the lowest %, genius. I said it's hard for a kid to hop on a plane and want to stay where there is a huge majority of 20-50 year old white men. Now, living in Texas....you following me here dumbass?....you live in the same state. Most of the kids' parent that go to A&M can still see them play in Texas and they're close by to drive home after school. I don't mind you being ignorant, just don't expect me to keep replying to it.

I'm dumber after reading that. Absolutely zero logic. I think we are done here.

Fair point, but Texas produces a TON of talent. It's much easier for a kid to go to A&M than it is to Arkansas. The last few years recruiting rankings show that. How many OOS AA kids does A&M have? 5-10?

2% is still 2%
you know I do not post on here much but I do like to read what people post. you are probably one of the most arrogant and condescending posters that I have come across on this board. there are times that you say material that most of here on this site enjoy but that is not very often. 2% is 2% is like a butthole is still a butthole

Reactions: Mr.Razorback
you know I do not post on here much but I do like to read what people post. you are probably one of the most arrogant and condescending posters that I have come across on this board. there are times that you say material that most of here on this site enjoy but that is not very often. 2% is 2% is like a butthole is still a butthole
In all honesty I hope you post more often. We need more people that contribute nothing to the conversation, only to drop in & call names. Have a good day sir.

2% is still 2%
10 thousand is still 10 thousand.
I'd even bet, that survey didn't account for students at the UofA, because they might not be considered as permanent residence. If they don't have an Arkansas ID or drivers license, they probably weren't counted.

Fair point, but Texas produces a TON of talent. It's much easier for a kid to go to A&M than it is to Arkansas. The last few years recruiting rankings show that. How many OOS AA kids does A&M have? 5-10?
Ahh, So your theory is only relevant when it fits, got it.
aTm only has 5-10 out of state football players on their team?? Really? Haha, ok...

In all honesty I hope you post more often. We need more people that contribute nothing to the conversation, only to drop in & call names. Have a good day sir.
You whine about somebody calling you names (which he did not do) right after you call someone a dumbass... Man, you are a special kind of b!+ch.

So your point is not the AA population it's being away from home? When I lived in Texas I know a lot of the parents wanted their kids out of the crime infested neighborhood. If you look at the population of Austin, Waco and College station I'd bet they are all predominantly white cities.

I just don't buy the fact that their parents can come to the games makes a difference in the population being predominantly one race. If that was the case Houston would've been the biggest powerhouse of all the schools in that area.

Like I said I have no doubt there has been a kid or two that may have said that but I think there are way more important factors that these kids think about than that. We lose out on guys for plenty of reasons and I'd bet the AA population is probably .00001 of the reasons.

Last edited:
You whine about somebody calling you names (which he did not do) right after you call someone a dumbass... Man, you are a special kind of b!+ch.
He added nothing to the conversation. I don't mind being called names, but to drop in and add nothing to it is ignorant.

I
So your point is not the AA population it's being away from home? When I lived in Texas I know a lot of the parents wanted their kids out of the crime infested neighborhood. If you look at the population of Austin, Waco and College station I'd bet they are all predominantly white cities.

I just don't buy the fact that their parents can come to the games makes a difference in the population being predominantly one race. If that was the case Houston would've been the biggest powerhouse of all the schools in that area.

Like I said I have no doubt there has been a kid or two that may have said that but I think their are way more important factors that these kids think about than that. We lose out on guys for plenty of reasons and I'd bet the AA population is probably .00001 of the reasons.
I'm not saying it's the only reason. It's a contributing factor. And more than some realize.

I have added about as much as you have in this conversation
I started the conversation, rather you agree or not is one thing. Do you want to add your opinion, or just sit back and call names again? Your opinion is welcomed.

He added nothing to the conversation. I don't mind being called names, but to drop in and add nothing to it is ignorant.
So it's ok for you to call someone a dumbass, if you decide that they don't bring anything to the conversation? But if someone fires back at you, then they are wrong? Talk about admitting when you're dead ass wrong...oh BTW, aTms roster has 21 OOS guys on it, so exactly 20% of the alloted 105... but 5-10 was close...

So it's ok for you to call someone a dumbass, if you decide that they don't bring anything to the conversation? But if someone fires back at you, then they are wrong? Talk about admitting when you're dead ass wrong...oh BTW, aTms roster has 21 OOS guys on it, so exactly 20% of the alloted 105... but 5-10 was close...
How many AA?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT