ADVERTISEMENT

Whaley

This whole RB situation is why I want to recruit more RB's out of the state. May not hit a Heisman recruit, but would more than likely have a stable of hard working, dedicated, Razorback fans who would do what it takes to excel.

Add to that there are plenty kids across the state who want to be in NWA and on The Hill.

There are 2 in state guys who probably deserve a scholly right now to play RB. I wanted to sign 4 in this class anyway, but with the news of AC and JWill, that's changes.

It's hard to decipher the numbers right now.

I am so NOT worried about running back recruiting. CBB will bring in a good one imo. I still think we will land Whaley or Porter and one other (Ragas?). Lots of great thoughts by lots of very passionate fans.
Is there a rb we haven't considered that will end up on the hill?

Then you must be a 20-50 year old white man! I have heard from recruits mouths here in North Texas that's one of the reasons they will not consider Arkansas. If you don't know that, then you are, well, dumb.
It's a dumb statement, because there is plenty of African American people in NWA. Just about the entire athletic program, is made up of AA people. If a kid turns down Arkansas because of that, then he truly is ignorant, but I don't believe that ish for a second.

Then you must be a 20-50 year old white man! I have heard from recruits mouths here in North Texas that's one of the reasons they will not consider Arkansas. If you don't know that, then you are, well, dumb.

It's a dumb statement, because there is plenty of African American people in NWA. Just about the entire athletic program, is made up of AA people. If a kid turns down Arkansas because of that, then he truly is ignorant, but I don't believe that ish for a second.

Tree, you are dumb, like eating crayons, licking Windows type of dumb.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northwest_Arkansas

Like 1.9% African American population according to Wiki.

Just know, I have my shocked face on because you are wrong, again.

When I was a student, I do not remember much fraternization with Fayetteville citizens. It was mostly with other students.

Did I say there was a huge percentage?? If so, I must've missed that part. I simply said plenty, like plenty of AA to socialize with and be around your ethnicity, that you have more in common with. I didn't throw out percentages or numbers.
If that argument held any water, then it would apply to ALL athletes, not just 4 and 5 star athletes. Smh

Reactions: hotdog616

Anyone that doesn't see that is an idiot. I mean a f'n idiot. You expect a 18 year old AA kid from a predominantly AA background to just hop on a plane and live amongst 55% whites and 40% hispanics? No idiots. Fayetteville is an amazing place. A perfect place but not for 18 year old AA kids.

Did I say there was a huge percentage?? If so, I must've missed that part. I simply said plenty, like plenty of AA to socialize with and be around your ethnicity, that you have more in common with. I didn't throw out percentages or numbers.
If that argument held any water, then it would apply to ALL athletes, not just 4 and 5 star athletes. Smh
1.9= plenty in your world? What an idiot. Just admit you're wrong and move on.

Reactions: Chauvinist Pig
I know a highly regarded recruit (4*) that took a trip here a few years ago that told me personally "I loved the school but there's too many white folks there"

This whole RB situation is why I want to recruit more RB's out of the state. May not hit a Heisman recruit, but would more than likely have a stable of hard working, dedicated, Razorback fans who would do what it takes to excel.

Add to that there are plenty kids across the state who want to be in NWA and on The Hill.

There are 2 in state guys who probably deserve a scholly right now to play RB. I wanted to sign 4 in this class anyway, but with the news of AC and JWill, that's changes.

It's hard to decipher the numbers right now.
Name one RB beside Dixon in the last few years we missed out on. I'll hang up and listen.

I don't doubt kids are sold that by coaches and others. That's a perception issue. Now, personally, I think it is ridiculous, but I also know that the demographics of NWA are different than those surrounding Oxford or Tuscaloosa or Baton Rouge. I say so what? End of the day, you either like it and want to go there or you don't. The coaches can either use it as an excuse or sell it. Demographics are slow to change, but perceptions can be overcome.

I don't doubt kids are sold that by coaches and others. That's a perception issue. Now, personally, I think it is ridiculous, but I also know that the demographics of NWA are different than those surrounding Oxford or Tuscaloosa or Baton Rouge. I say so what? End of the day, you either like it and want to go there or you don't. The coaches can either use it as an excuse or sell it. Demographics are slow to change, but perceptions can be overcome.
Again, it doesn't bother you because you're between the age of 20-50 & white. Would you pack up and move to Memphis? If not, why?

I
Again, it doesn't bother you because you're between the age of 20-50 & white. Would you pack up and move to Memphis? If not, why?
if I had the opportunity to play football or any other major college sport then hell yes I would! Like treeclimber said, 90% or more of the people any athlete will see on a daily basis will be AA.

No, actually I'm not. I'm 51 and a descendant of an ethnic European immigrant. I kid, of course. I actually do have a little perspective on this. Before I attended the UA for 8 years, I did pack up and go to another school out of state. I learned that without a doubt, going out of state in and of itself takes a bit of a different make up. It wasn't for me. That said, sure, I'd move to Memphis. That wouldn't bother me. Matter of fact, at one point I looked at going to Memphis. NWA may not be for everyone, but I choose to believe that kids nowadays are more open minded than that. If the kids are so easily swayed by that line of thinking they may not be strong enough to go out of state anyway. I wasn't.

Reactions: Mr.Razorback
I
if I had the opportunity to play football or any other major college sport then hell yes I would! Like treeclimber said, 90% or more of the people any athlete will see on a daily basis will be AA.
Well our starting lineup on Offense has 4 AA. Kirkland, Collins, Reed & Cornelius. How is that 90%? I mean that's not even 90% of offense & defense together.

No, actually I'm not. I'm 51 and a descendant of an ethnic European immigrant. I kid, of course. I actually do have a little perspective on this. Before I attended the UA for 8 years, I did pack up and go to another school out of state. I learned that without a doubt, going out of state in and of itself takes a bit of a different make up. It wasn't for me. That said, sure, I'd move to Memphis. That wouldn't bother me. Matter of fact, at one point I looked at going to Memphis. NWA may not be for everyone, but I choose to believe that kids nowadays are more open minded than that. If the kids are so easily swayed by that line of thinking they may not be strong enough to go out of state anyway. I wasn't.
That's the thing. You didn't go to Memphis. The recruit I am talking about liked the Hogs but he just didn't feel comfortable there. Just like I wouldn't feel comfortable in Memphis. It's just the way it is.

That's the thing. You didn't go to Memphis. The recruit I am talking about liked the Hogs but he just didn't feel comfortable there. Just like I wouldn't feel comfortable in Memphis. It's just the way it is.

The best part is when the one 20-50 white guy calls all the other 20-50 white guys dumb because they don't know how 17 year old AA kids think.....because he does. Clearly.

The best part is when the one 20-50 white guy calls all the other 20-50 white guys dumb because they don't know how 17 year old AA kids think.....because he does. Clearly.
Well he follows them on Twitter so....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT