ADVERTISEMENT

OT 100% NOT the Official Off-Topic/Politics/Corona Thread

I’m a liberal with a “poor me, we are doomed” attitude? News to me.
Of course you are. I’m obviously a conservative. Should we not be able to express our opinions? I sure do not want you to lose your voice on this site. Why would the site administrator want me to lose mine. You do bring some good info. Keep it up.

Of course you are. I’m obviously a conservative. Should we not be able to express our opinions? I sure do not want you to lose your voice on this site. Why would the site administrator want me to lose mine. You do bring some good info. Keep it up.

I need you to break down your assessment of me.

He's just parroting his emotional basket case boss Cuomo. Terrible leadership. When people need calm, steady decision makers more than ever they instead get this sensationalist BS from NYC leadership. Irresponsible.
Actually, Cuomo had no idea was this bozo was talking about and called it a "wild plan."

This guys is just a rogue dumbass.

which is it @nikkichavanelle ? Fake numbers or a cure?

91974188_10222139337616265_2590004058471268352_n.jpg

92362947_10222139337336258_7562347809412743168_n.jpg

Reactions: hawgn02
I need you to break down your assessment of me.
Well, of course I don’t know you personally but I think you are a person strong in their convictions. We can disagree, and that’s fine. That is what our country was and is built on. Some are right, some are wrong. Let’s talk about it. That is what makes us different, we get to talk. Of course the site administrator wants to shut me down. I would protest if she wanted to silence you as well. You bring good info, keep it up

Reactions: Mhhoover92
Well, of course I don’t know you personally but I think you are a person strong in their convictions. We can disagree, and that’s fine. That is what our country was and is built on. Some are right, some are wrong. Let’s talk about it. That is what makes us different, we get to talk. Of course the site administrator wants to shut me down. I would protest if she wanted to silence you as well. You bring good info, keep it up
DUDE i never tried to silence you. You complained about me letting these threads happen (while constantly posting in them) so i merely suggested you stop engaging if they're upsetting you. I believe you already said you were leaving the site as it is

DUDE i never tried to silence you. You complained about me letting these threads happen (while constantly posting in them) so i merely suggested you stop engaging if they're upsetting you. I believe you already said you were leaving the site as it is
Keep playing your voodoo mind games Chrevrolet. You cannot and will not silence Doyle. This is America!

Ive been mostly impressed with Cuomo. He’s went off the rails here and there, but he’s fighting for his state. I can give him that.
Agreed. I think he's been a bit over the top at times...but honestly, if there was any state to actually emphasize the possibility of depleted resources and overrun hospitals, it was New York. Additionally, he's been rather cordial through the whole thing and hasn't politicized the crisis like many of his other cohorts who view this as, "a tremendous opportunity to restructure things to fit our vision."

which is it @nikkichavanelle ? Fake numbers or a cure?

91974188_10222139337616265_2590004058471268352_n.jpg

92362947_10222139337336258_7562347809412743168_n.jpg
It goes back to what someone said earlier. These deaths are likely being presumptively attributed to COVID19. IE if someone has respiratory failure and evidence of pneumonia on CXR and dies, these are getting labeled as being caused by COVID19. Technically we should be seeing a huge spike in pneumonia deaths as COVID19 deaths are due to pneumonia - just not typical bacterial pneumonia.

@HTHog you will love this. The girl isn’t a nurse but it was ran on the news.
Eh, I think she was a nurse...but she is bipolar and insane based upon many of her own admissions. She came in with her own mask and asked to only use that one and the hospital refused making her wear the one that they provide. She then decided to leave...on her first day back..

This was a coordinated stunt by a psycho...but CBS thought it was credible...

I don’t think anyone has tried to silence you. I suppose that’s a matter of perception.

I’m not a fan of putting people into boxes. Conservative or liberal implies monolithic thought. You are a self identified conservative. That’s fine. But clearly you aren’t of uniform thought with the broad conservative consensus. I may be liberal compared to a lot of people on this board. It’s an Arkansas based forum after all, but in other settings and on other topics, I don’t qualify as liberal.

As an example, my specialization is diplomacy. I approved of Trumps actions toward North Korea. I disproved of his actions toward Iran. If I’m a liberal, I should have done the opposite on North Korea. If I’m a conservative, I should have the done opposite of Iran.

My perspective is that boxing people in undermines the ability to have a meaningful conservation, so I’d appreciate not to be placed in the box of “poor me, the world is doomed” liberal.

Eh, I think she was a nurse...but she is bipolar and insane based upon many of her own admissions. She came in with her own mask and asked to only use that one and the hospital refused making her wear the one that they provide. She then decided to leave...on her first day back..

This was a coordinated stunt by a psycho...but CBS thought it was credible...
so the same CBS that used footage of a hospital in Italy in order to create fear has now used this from a fake nurse in order to create fear?

But I was told that the media is credible and would never intentionally mislead it's audience in a quest for ratings.

Reactions: The Real Boss Hog
It goes back to what someone said earlier. These deaths are likely being presumptively attributed to COVID19. IE if someone has respiratory failure and evidence of pneumonia on CXR and dies, these are getting labeled as being caused by COVID19. Technically we should be seeing a huge spike in pneumonia deaths as COVID19 deaths are due to pneumonia - just not typical bacterial pneumonia.
So they're reporting fake numbers. Got it.

so the same CBS that used footage of a hospital in Italy in order to create fear has now used this from a fake nurse in order to create fear?

But I was told that the media is credible and would never intentionally mislead it's audience in a quest for ratings.
She's not a fake nurse...but this is basically another Smollett.

Reactions: theWizard12
I'll note the people I quoted that initially inidcated there was a possible reduction in communicable deaths in 2020 were informed by the CDC that many of their data points have not been accurately updated due to the influx of need for COVID-19. They removed their paper until the CDC provides complete information.

I don’t think anyone has tried to silence you. I suppose that’s a matter of perception.

I’m not a fan of putting people into boxes. Conservative or liberal implies monolithic thought. You are a self identified conservative. That’s fine. But clearly you aren’t of uniform thought with the broad conservative consensus. I may be liberal compared to a lot of people on this board. It’s an Arkansas based forum after all, but in other settings and on other topics, I don’t qualify as liberal.

As an example, my specialization is diplomacy. I approved of Trumps actions toward North Korea. I disproved of his actions toward Iran. If I’m a liberal, I should have done the opposite on North Korea. If I’m a conservative, I should have the done opposite of Iran.

My perspective is that boxing people in undermines the ability to have a meaningful conservation, so I’d appreciate not to be placed in the box of “poor me, the world is doomed” liberal.
I understand and agree. I did not intend to put anyone in “a box” . Very well said

This went international. Even Al Jazeera played it. It was suspicious from the start. Not to mention cringe worthy.
About 2 min worth of investigation and anyone would’ve known the truth. It’s sad it’s come to this with our trusted news.

Some of the footage of Italy was found to be scenes from a movie and others from something that happened in 2015. You absolutely cannot trust the liberal media.

Some of the footage of Italy was found to be scenes from a movie and others from something that happened in 2015. You absolutely cannot trust the liberal media.
But you can trust Fox News?:confused: Newsrooms are run by bean counters liberal conservative beans are beans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT