ADVERTISEMENT

OT 100% NOT the Official Off-Topic/Politics/Corona Thread

@hawgclucker and @Mass31, since you guys asked(among others). All future Corona threads will just be merged into this one.
53df93bd5b1f7311bc47fd8a25996aa3.gif

One of my best friends from high school's dad just tested positive for it. They say he is about half way through the 14 days or whatever. Doesn't have any symptoms besides a slight cough. Only got tested because he is a State Rep. He is at home big chillin' and voting proxy for 2 weeks.

Reactions: nikkichavanelle
But you can trust Fox News?:confused: Newsrooms are run by bean counters liberal conservative beans are beans.
I didn't say anything about fox but they have libs like Juan Williams and Chris Mathews to balance a tad. You wont see that with the MSM.

I didn't say anything about fox but they have libs like Juan Williams and Chris Mathews to balance a tad. You wont see that with the MSM.
I don’t watch cable news so wouldn’t know. I use a pretty wide variety of sources and take them all with a grain of slaw. Wolf Blitzer from his hotel was valid, keeping CNN going afterwards accelerated the crap news game.

731 people in the state of New York died from coronavirus on Monday, the largest single-day increase in deaths yet, Governor Andrew Cuomo says.

They said deaths will lag behind dropping case numbers so this isn't unexpected

731 people in the state of New York died from coronavirus on Monday, the largest single-day increase in deaths yet, Governor Andrew Cuomo says.

They said deaths will lag behind dropping case numbers so this isn't unexpected
I thought he was on the news this morning saying the curve had flattened 2 days in a row, or was that just for new cases?

I wasn't watching Cuomo's presser, I'm sorry. And i did say the increase in deaths were expected
And all of those things are correct. I'm just pointing out the fact that of a thirty minute meeting, you pointed out the singular negative statistic...and none of the positive ones. You won't be the only person to regurgitate that number without fully vetting the news conference as good news isn't as sexy as bad news.

New data.... 1 in 5 people with the disease will have cardiac involvement...50% of those who do have heart involvement will die. Pre-existing cardiac disease is one of the highest risk factors for contracting the virus so if you or one of your loved ones/friends have known heart disease they should really follow all of the safety precautions and limit contact as much as possible with others who might be silent carriers.

Anybody heard anything about when those $1200 checks are supposed to go out? Or the additional $$ for unemployment?

It's not London-Based NBC News reporters job to go undercover into China and see if they're lying. They're reporting what's coming out of China, like that they've lifted the lockdown on Wuhan
When you know or highly suspect they’ve been lying throughout this, it’s at a minimum, their job to not report the numbers as if they are true. At least offer some skepticism.

NBC is helping spread Chinese propaganda. You yourself commented on how crazy it would be to live in a country that uses its state run media to rewrite its history in this.

Reactions: DirkPiggler
When you know or highly suspect they’ve been lying throughout this, it’s at a minimum, their job to not report the numbers as if they are true. At least offer some skepticism.

NBC is helping spread Chinese propaganda. You yourself commented on how crazy it would be to live in a country that uses its state run media to rewrite its history in this.
The govt. hasn't released or even confirmed the existence of their confidential report about China lying so it's not really the journalists' place to insert what they assume, only what they know... which is currently the numbers from the CDC

The govt. hasn't released or even confirmed the existence of their confidential report about China lying so it's not really the journalists' place to insert what they assume, only what they know... which is currently the numbers from the CDC
Amazing. As long CPC reports it, its not NBC’s job to look into it. But it is their job to pass the information along as if it is 100% true.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find an outlet that doesn't report the CDC numbers as they are. If i'm wrong, i'll admit it.
The CDC has no choice but to take the numbers China gives them. I guarantee you they have realized the numbers they get from China are not accurate or helpful.

The media absolutely have a choice whether to pass along state run media reports. Do I think they should use other numbers? Of course not. I think they should either not report it or report it with some skepticism. Numbers followed by a single sentence that mentions reports the US intelligence believes China has intentionally misled with their reporting of cases and deaths.

Reactions: Doyle55731
The CDC has no choice but to take the numbers China gives them. I guarantee you they have realized the numbers they get from China are not accurate or helpful.

The media absolutely have a choice whether to pass along state run media reports. Do I think they should use other numbers? Of course not. I think they should either not report it or report it with some skepticism. Numbers followed by a single sentence that mentions reports the US intelligence believes China has intentionally misled with their reporting of cases and deaths.
You're right, they could add that. Doesn't change that they've removed the lockdown, etc. Generally, journalists making accusations without proof opens them up for lawsuits

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT