ADVERTISEMENT

OT 100% NOT the Official Off-Topic/Politics/Corona Thread

I just don’t see Spring Football happening...but if it did I could not imagine all of they guys that wouldn’t play.

Spring football would throw a huge wrench into the NFL Draft, no? Or would guys sit out the entire season?

There were also virologist saying masks weren’t needed as well...literally no one had any clue how this was going to go...we didn’t shut the country down for SARS or H1N1...so you can be high and mighty as you want but hindsight is always 20/20...

High and mighty? That's cute. I posted a quote against factual data. No need to be triggered. Also SARS/H1N1 have absolutely no impact on how COVID19 is being handled.

High and mighty? That's cute. I posted a quote against factual data. No need to be triggered. Also SARS/H1N1 have absolutely no impact on how COVID19 is being handled.
You are crazy if you think that the way this was handled was not effected by SARS and H1N1...

Spring football would throw a huge wrench into the NFL Draft, no? Or would guys sit out the entire season?
Exactly...no way Trevor Lawrence plays spring football with the draft, unless NFL agrees to move back...but even then i don’t know that he does.

Reactions: RHS_Cyclone
You are crazy if you think that the way this was handled was not effected by SARS and H1N1...

You're crazy if you think it's being handled in similar fashion. Hence the no impact comment. You probably believe that we had it under control in January though huh?

You're crazy if you think it's being handled in similar fashion. Hence the no impact comment. You probably believe that we had it under control in January though huh?
And I’m sure in January your we’re on top of all of this telling everyone we needed to shut down the country...but again I’m not just overly worried that we’re all going to die from this either... Again it goes back to the UAMS model, you can come up with wacky numbers and try and scare us all to death but only a very small % of the country is at sever risk.

And I’m sure in January your we’re on top of all of this telling everyone we needed to shut down the country...but again I’m not just overly worried that we’re all going to die from this either... Again it goes back to the UAMS model, you can come up with wacky numbers and try and scare us all to death but only a very small % of the country is at sever risk.

No but you're triggered by quotes from the Leader of the Free World saying it's just going to disappear in January, Feburary, March, etc... What's comical in this is you said yourself that nobody knew how it would turn out. Which was the underlying point of my posts. So what exactly is it that you disagree with? Because I have not been inciting fear on this website. Please answer. Thanks

Would move the combine back also.

If they ran CFB in the spring, no way could you have an entire season and still have the NFL off season run like it normally does. You'd be looking at a combine in July or maybe late June at the earliest.

Reactions: MR_ARKANSAS
That very small percentage is well over 100,000 lives though. It deserves the attention it is getting in my opinion. Mainly because the number of positives isn't slowing down.
If they ran CFB in the spring, no way could you have an entire season and still have the NFL off season run like it normally does. You'd be looking at a combine in July or maybe late June at the earliest.
I jine or july would be a true cluster you know what as far as the NFL timeline goes.

Reactions: RHS_Cyclone
That very small percentage is well over 100,000 lives though. It deserves the attention it is getting in my opinion. Mainly because the number of positives isn't slowing down.

I jine or july would be a true cluster you know what as far as the NFL timeline goes.
People are always at risk from all kinds of things but I’m sorry 100,000 in a country of 300,000,000 is not enough for this country to pack it up and shut it all down.

People are always at risk from all kinds of things but I’m sorry 100,000 in a country of 300,000,000 is not enough for this country to pack it up and shut it all down.

So even before testing wasn't readily available you were just in favor just leave it wide open? Nice

No but you're triggered by quotes from the Leader of the Free World saying it's just going to disappear in January, Feburary, March, etc... What's comical in this is you said yourself that nobody knew how it would turn out. Which was the underlying point of my posts. So what exactly is it that you disagree with? Because I have not been inciting fear on this website. Please answer. Thanks
I’m triggered because you don’t really care what he said, you just hate him because of who he is. If he had shut the whole country down and then nothing happens and a large number of business failed you would have blamed him for that as well. The last major pandemics, SARS and H1N1 were treated no different than Covid, the president the. Had no clue of the true level of threat just like this president. He followed suit, and it has been worse but it’s not as if anyone truly knew.

So even before testing wasn't readily available you were just in favor just leave it wide open? Nice
Yes...and you I’ll admit it...but your basing all of this on July knowledge, not in the moment...

I was in favor of old and at-risk staying home and the rest of going about our business...

I’m triggered because you don’t really care what he said, you just hate him because of who he is. If he had shut the whole country down and then nothing happens and a large number of business failed you would have blamed him for that as well. The last major pandemics, SARS and H1N1 were treated no different than Covid, the president the. Had no clue of the true level of threat just like this president. He followed suit, and it has been worse but it’s not as if anyone truly knew.

You have no clue whether or not I hate him. You have no idea whether or not I have small business interest that was greatly effected by the pandemic. You also have no idea whether or not I was directly involved with SARS/H1N1 to know that things are being handled differently on the federal level. In short you don't know a damn thing about me. You are protecting negative energy towards me because you are hot and bothered by a message board post.

You have no clue whether or not I hate him. You have no idea whether or not I have small business interest that was greatly effected by the pandemic. You also have no idea whether or not I was directly involved with SARS/H1N1 to know that things are being handled differently on the federal level. In short you don't know a damn thing about me. You are protecting negative energy towards me because you are hot and bothered by a message board post.
It’s projecting...and doesn’t take a detective to figure out where you Stand...but no I’m not a psychic....

It’s projecting...and doesn’t take a detective to figure out where you Stand...but no I’m not a psychic....

Yea that was an android gaffe. This coming from a guy that had no problem liking Lefty's dig at Sleepy Joe. So yeah, you're not a psychic nor are you a Saint sitting atop a cloud.

Yea that was an android gaffe. This coming from a guy that had no problem liking Lefty's dig at Sleepy Joe. So yeah, you're not a psychic nor are you a Saint sitting atop a cloud.
Never said I was...but I yea I don’t like Joe Biden...
I agree through l shouldn’t have come after that so hard...but I don’t agree with most of it.

Last edited:
What if they have their hand chipped, can they buy groceries then?
My friend this isn't anything like the mark of the beast, YET. That may come, but this is about caring enough about your own health and the health of others to do a minimum thing to cover the face to block one path of transmission of the virus.

My friend this isn't anything like the mark of the beast, YET. That may come, but this is about caring enough about your own health and the health of others to do a minimum thing to cover the face to block one path of transmission of the virus.
The first step is the hardest, friend

Reactions: Roybouy
I guess easier to digest when you boil nearly 140,000 deaths down to percentage points. No one said shut it all down. Essential businesses should be operating.

Reactions: UCABear_8

Thoughts?

I guess easier to digest when you boil nearly 140,000 deaths down to percentage points. No one said shut it all down. Essential businesses should be operating.
Everyone dies, it’s a sad fact of life, but when you consider that 600k babies are aborted each year....

Reactions: SethT23
It was a lie. I could’ve told you that at the time. His best 2 reasons that they weren’t effective were - false sense or security and make you touch you face more. Both are laughable.
I don't think he blatantly lied, but I do think that he was uneducated (as we all were) on the whole ordeal.

We've been wearing masks/sanitizing/etc. for the past month or so, and it the infection rate is skyrocketing. Wish we had another set of data where no one wore masks, so that we could compare how effective it is.

I don't think he blatantly lied, but I do think that he was uneducated (as we all were) on the whole ordeal.

We've been wearing masks/sanitizing/etc. for the past month or so, and it the infection rate is skyrocketing. Wish we had another set of data where no one wore masks, so that we could compare how effective it is.
We have tried that and essentially personnel only...eventually we just have to let it run it’s course as safely as we can...but a 3% infection rate with 1% mortality sucks but that’s what it is.

He blatantly lied for the “greater good”, ie healthcare workers needed the masks more that the public. Once the healthcare workers got what they needed, then masks would be recommended to the public.

Reactions: jegreenwood
He blatantly lied for the “greater good”, ie healthcare workers needed the masks more that the public. Once the healthcare workers got what they needed, then masks would be recommended to the public.
I think you are confusing this guy with Fauci, who admitted he lied about masks. I think Fauci admitted lying to keep from looking like an idiot, but thats just me

I feel like that’s what it was too which is shitty but the shortage was nuts and the healthcare workers definitely needed them more at that time when hardly anyone (in most states) had the virus (that we knew of). We know masks work. In Asian countries where putting on a mask is second nature they have the virus quite under control.

I feel like that’s what it was too which is shitty but the shortage was nuts and the healthcare workers definitely needed them more at that time when hardly anyone (in most states) had the virus (that we knew of). We know masks work. In Asian countries where putting on a mask is second nature they have the virus quite under control.
Second nature or punishable?

Reactions: jtuck33
anyways, my point of the post wasn't whether he was lying or not, just the fact that if we want to start pulling up tweets from February and laughing at them, there are plenty to go around. Its not just tweets from the fuhrer, as dicktales would say

Reactions: jtuck33 and HTHog
Second nature or punishable?
I read a good story on this the other day. It may be punishable during Coronavirus times but it’s more of a cultural norm there. When people are feeling sick they don’t just sneeze it out all over the place like we do, they put on a mask, when it’s a flu season they put on a mask. A lot of it stems from a fear of missing work which is a big no no for them. They’ve made it a culturally cool thing to do.

I read a good story on this the other day. It may be punishable during Coronavirus times but it’s more of a cultural norm there. When people are feeling sick they don’t just sneeze it out all over the place like we do, they put on a mask, when it’s a flu season they put on a mask. A lot of it stems from a fear of missing work which is a big no no for them. They’ve made it a culturally cool thing to do.
Sneeze it out all over the place? You spend too much time in wal mart. Haha

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT