ADVERTISEMENT

OT 100% NOT the Official Off-Topic/Politics/Corona Thread

President Trump seems to think that social distancing is a good thing.

Of course he's gonna say that. After being attacked from his opposition about not responding fast enough, IMO he then did an about face last week and started to change his tune and instead of being more positive started to tout the grim numbers and touting/agreeing the 100-240K deaths.

Why? IMO, because he wants to get re-elected. And when the deaths don't come close to that, he now will use this against the LEFT and say "See, look what I did! The experts were saying 100-240K deaths and by all the different things I have done, we saved 10's if not 100's of thousands of deaths"

Both sides are jockeying for political positioning. Meanwhile, the sheep continue to blindly follow...

you get your question answered @SouthTulsaHog? Let us know what you think.
Area Man Mind Changed After Debate on the Internet should be an article on The Onion

I mean I'm not going to live my life questioning every piece of data and conclusions that doctors and scientists make based on what their evidence says and if they have an agenda.

If there is a general consensus on things I'm going to believe them. If that makes me a sheep or so whatever idc.

Area Man Mind Changed After Debate on the Internet should be an article on The Onion

I mean I'm not going to live my life questioning every piece of data and conclusions that doctors and scientists make based on what their evidence says and if they have an agenda.

If there is a general consensus on things I'm going to believe them. If that makes me a sheep or so whatever idc.
Woah. Every time?

I don't think it makes you a sheep. However, it does make you rather hypocritical to say, "I believe a thing without knowing a lot about it if there's a consensus," and to then claim other's viewpoints, regardless of merit, inaccurate given your own admission to ignorance.

Reactions: The Real Boss Hog
I don't think it makes you a sheep. However, it does make you rather hypocritical to say, "I believe a thing without knowing a lot about it if there's a consensus," and to then claim other's viewpoints, regardless of merit, inaccurate given your own admission to ignorance.
This whole conversation came about when I asked what motivation do scientists have? I haven't said your wrong for thinking what you are thinking, just genuinely asked a question?

In terms of a consensus, I don't know a lot about vaccinations and autism, but if someone came up to me and said vaccinations causes autism, would I be ignornant to say you are wrong?

I can promise you 10000% that anyone in the world has a clue, Tony Fauci does. There isn't a more respected infectious disease expert out there and that was true way before any of this started and still is. He is one of the all time greats and there is absolutely no one I would rather have heading the NIAID. I don't get into political discussion - but blame anyone you want for what's happening or not happening. But DO NOT blame Tony Fauci.

This guy has been wrong about every prediction he has made. How many times do ypu believe someone who never gets it right? From the time not that long ago when he said we have nothing to worry about thrue all of his overblown predictions. How can anyone trust what this cat says?

This whole conversation came about when I asked what motivation do scientists have? I haven't said your wrong for thinking what you are thinking, just genuinely asked a question?

In terms of a consensus, I don't know a lot about vaccinations and autism, but if someone came up to me and said vaccinations causes autism, would I be ignornant to say you are wrong?
Eh, I think we aren't getting anywhere and I'm just arguing to argue it feels like now. You're a smart guy and we just disagree on a few things.

Reactions: SouthTulsaHog
I have a lot of appreciation for what Nutt did. Unlike you, I can see the flaws, and how they held him and our program back.

On the other hand, I don't understand how anyone who followed the Hogs from 2000-2007 could see how badly he underachieved given the in-state talent that he benefitted from, almost all of whom would've played for Coach Smallmouthhog or Coach Piggler had one of us been in charge. And how the conflicting forces of his ego and his chronic insecurity prevented him from going from a little above average to really good. The man had a lot of good qualities, but in the end let the bad ones keep him from being great.

With that I'll bow out of the Nutt discussion in a thread where it doesn't belong by saying something nice about the guy. I hope he never gets the coronavirus.

Held our program back? Look at how things have been sense he left. If anything he held us back from collapse.

One ? And i realize there is no need in arguing this but do you think there was ever a time in the Nutt era that we had more talent in the two deep as Al,GA,AU,FL,LSU OR TN? IF you say yes rivals rankings will tell y po u differently.. sure he lost some he shouldn't have but he was 500 against AL,LSU AND UA OLE M suring his time here.

Reactions: nm33091992
This guy has been wrong about every prediction he has made. How many times do ypu believe someone who never gets it right? From the time not that long ago when he said we have nothing to worry about thrue all of his overblown predictions. How can anyone trust what this cat says?
Buddy these Doctors dig in on something and never freaking budge. The mainstream medical community all ganged up on Dr. Atkins way back in the 70's and said he was a quack while they were still telling people to avoid Steak and eat potatoes and pasta to lose weight. Guess who was right? Not the majority. The guy who had the cajones to question the status quo.

Last edited:
He's attempting to justify the hysteria that polluted the state for a month and diminish any opposition claiming his withholding of medical equipment was a poor decision.

He stated the rationale for not getting hospitals the PPE/ventilators they needed was due to the fact that the storm was coming. Now that apex appears to perhaps be behind them, he's attempting to warn of additional waves.

He's hedging his bets on this, but he has a very strong argument if/when he is incorrect: he was preparing for the worst. Which is 100% accurate...but it would make his previous decisions look interesting to those who may or may not have immediately needed that withheld medical instruments with the focus on the greater good.

Financial gain.

Perfect example, look at Dr. Emily Porter. She is the one whose sister is the "white board" representative. Ever since her exponentially inaccurate claim about the number of deaths she has commercialized the hell out of the disease:

• CNN Interviews...notice her twitter handle:

• Placing the following hashtags for her twitter...notice a trend:
#CoronaVirus #FlattenTheCurve #Covid19 #Covid-19 #KatiePorter’sSister #Portersisters #PorterWhiteboards #PorterParenting
  • Active twitter activity only outlining the sensationalism of the virus...which is odd given the viral outbreak which you think would take up even an average work day
  • retweeting things which...shocker...think she should run for office:

Or as those leading the democratic party have said: "a tremendous opportunity to restructure things to our vision”
WTF is your problem with her making a post? What am I missing? Inaccurate claim about the number of deaths? How can a prediction that still has plenty of time to happen be slammed that it can't be accurate. If somebody post that "hey 50 people are getting killed at a party tonight" and as a result only 5 people show up to the party and only 5 die does that mean that the original post was inaccurate? A warning is supposed to trigger action. That's why we tell kids to look both ways before crossing the street. In your mind that shouldn't be needed because those deaths are minimal, when the real reason they are minimal is because of the warning. Because it is sound advice and should be followed. I don't like to be stuck in more than anyone else but everything is not a conspiracy theory. The deep state is not trying to make you lose your livelihood.

Reactions: Hogeye73
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ex-nyt-reporter-challenging-the-coronavirus-narrative

D0aSxsTW0AAxHlD.jpg

Reactions: The Real Boss Hog
Reactions: nm33091992
Tucker Carlson is a good watch tonight. Talking about how lots more people are finding out they’ve had the virus and created antibodies, people that never knew they had the virus

WTF is your problem with her making a post? What am I missing? Inaccurate claim about the number of deaths? How can a prediction that still has plenty of time to happen be slammed that it can't be accurate. If somebody post that "hey 50 people are getting killed at a party tonight" and as a result only 5 people show up to the party and only 5 die does that mean that the original post was inaccurate? A warning is supposed to trigger action. That's why we tell kids to look both ways before crossing the street. In your mind that shouldn't be needed because those deaths are minimal, when the real reason they are minimal is because of the warning. Because it is sound advice and should be followed. I don't like to be stuck in more than anyone else but everything is not a conspiracy theory. The deep state is not trying to make you lose your livelihood.
So many gifs ran through my mind...I couldn't pick one.
giphy.gif

tenor.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I've spent too much time on google for this...moving on.

But that's not what happened my guy

Updated graphs if anyone is interested:
92675569_10201357929923278_5251840779248205824_n.jpg
92721464_10201357929763274_6536912990124376064_n.jpg
92948243_10201357930043281_6787558798958526464_n.jpg
92827979_10201357930363289_6672664154593034240_n.jpg
92587803_10201357930563294_8557885747900710912_n.jpg
92922557_10201357930803300_469485387681628160_o.jpg
92875566_10201357930923303_6650663502446854144_o.jpg

Interesting stat that may have absoultey no relevance...but I thought it perhaps an indicator of "government intervention' and/or 'country infection" if you were to do the following:
92721459_10201357961124058_2040237210812284928_n.jpg

I found the first indicator was generally a factor of 10 greater than the second so I normalized the two to attempt to make equivalent metrics to add.

The countries with the lowest scores would indicate one or both of the following: severity of the sick in the country's population (first metric) and severity of the spread within the country (second metric).

USA: 0.267
Spain: 0.866
Italy: 0.382
Germany: 0.109
France: 0.718
UK: 0.464
Belgium: 0.597
Switzerland: 0.188
Netherlands: 0.451
Canada: 0.069
Brazil: 0.459
Sweden: 0.313

Just thought it interesting.

Yikes. This is scary sh@t!

Reactions: Lefty8
On the Right, we have weighing in at 450 lbs, believing that the coronavirus reaction was overblown and the economy downturn will be 10xs worse! They dont care for the science! Why? Because the science is incomplete! They social distance at lowe’s and the golf course while trying to understand lagging pneumonia charts and peak estimations for Arkansas. They are a crude bunch, making jokes about moving goal post models of death and laughing off mortality rates while washing their hands every five seconds. They can’t understand why somebody dying with coronavirus died of coronavirus. Give them hydroxychloroquine or give them death. Wuhan wet market? Try Wuhan lab of death! I give you the Coronavirus Truthers!

Annnnnnnd......

in the left corner weighing in at IDGAF amount, armed with science and a legendary Fauci left with a notoriously inconsistent Birx counter punch right! Having seen Italy, will do everything “perfect” to defeat the coronavirus, because socialized healthcare can’t be that bad. They have seen the testing numbers, models, listened to doctors, and know that covid will come right back if we open the local ice cream shop. With unending patience, they will wait a year and half for a vaccine because there are no clinical trials for the 30 year old drug, hydroxychloroquine. 40,000 vents for NY always made sense and the science has never been so right around a novel virus, I give you the Coronabros!

......lets get ready to ruuuuuuuuumble!!!!!!

Last edited:
On the Right, we have weighing in at 450 lbs, believing that the coronavirus reaction was overblown and the economy downturn will be 10xs worse! They dont care for the science! Why? Because the science is incomplete! They social distance at lowe’s and the golf course while trying to understand lagging pneumonia charts and peak estimations for Arkansas. They are a crude bunch, making jokes about moving goal post models of death and laughing off mortality rates while washing their hands every five seconds. They can’t understand why somebody dying with coronavirus died of coronavirus. Give them hydroxychloroquine or death. Wuhan wet market? Try Wuhan lab of death! I give you the Coronavirus Truthers!

Annnnnnnd......

in the left corner weighing in at IDGAF amount, armed with science and a legendary Fauci left with a notoriously inconsistent Birx counter punch right! Having seen Italy, will do everything “perfect” to defeat the coronavirus, because socialized healthcare can’t be that bad. They have seen the testing numbers, models, listened to doctors, and know that covid will come right back if we open the local ice cream shop. With unending patience, they will wait a year and half for a vaccine because there are no clinical trials for the 30 year old drug, hydroxychloroquine. 40,000 vents for NY always made sense and the science has never been so right around a novel virus, I give you the Coronabros!

......lets get ready to ruuuuuuuuumble!!!!!!

Pretty funny. Put me in the first corner.

Reactions: hawgn02
Updated graphs if anyone is interested:
92675569_10201357929923278_5251840779248205824_n.jpg
92721464_10201357929763274_6536912990124376064_n.jpg
92948243_10201357930043281_6787558798958526464_n.jpg
92827979_10201357930363289_6672664154593034240_n.jpg
92587803_10201357930563294_8557885747900710912_n.jpg
92922557_10201357930803300_469485387681628160_o.jpg
92875566_10201357930923303_6650663502446854144_o.jpg

Interesting stat that may have absoultey no relevance...but I thought it perhaps an indicator of "government intervention' and/or 'country infection" if you were to do the following:
92721459_10201357961124058_2040237210812284928_n.jpg

I found the first indicator was generally a factor of 10 greater than the second so I normalized the two to attempt to make equivalent metrics to add.

The countries with the lowest scores would indicate one or both of the following: severity of the sick in the country's population (first metric) and severity of the spread within the country (second metric).

USA: 0.267
Spain: 0.866
Italy: 0.382
Germany: 0.109
France: 0.718
UK: 0.464
Belgium: 0.597
Switzerland: 0.188
Netherlands: 0.451
Canada: 0.069
Brazil: 0.459
Sweden: 0.313