ADVERTISEMENT

OT 100% NOT the Official Off-Topic/Politics/Corona Thread

Coronavirus was in 2 or 3 states last week. It's in 15 this morning. It will be national in a week or two.

Also - there were 15 cases last week. 105 this morning with 6 fatalities. That's a 5.7% mortality rate and a spread/exposure rate of 14x in a week.

For the record, the flue has a mortality rate of 0.05%-0.1%, but that's with a national vaccination agenda. There is no vaccine or proven method of containment. They aren't even sure how it's transmitted.

Educate yourself, or you will end up regretting your apathy.

It's not a 5.7% mortality rate. You are only counting confirmed cases. There are most likely 10x the number of people with it than what has been confirmed. This strain of the flu has about the same mortality rate than the regular flu. Yes, there should be concern but people should not panic about this. I have a health concern as other should as well but we should not spread false information about this either.

Reactions: minnesotahog
It's not a 5.7% mortality rate. You are only counting confirmed cases. There are most likely 10x the number of people with it than what has been confirmed. This strain of the flu has about the same mortality rate than the regular flu. Yes, there should be concern but people should not panic about this. I have a health concern as other should as well but we should not spread false information about this either.
Based on what we know as of now, that's not really true either. It's an evolving number, but to say it's about the same as the regular flu is disingenuous at best

"Whereas about 0.1% of people who get the flu die, the coronavirus' death rate is now at about 3.4%, based on the current numbers of cases and deaths. The fatality rate of the novel coronavirus is still evolving, however, as more cases are confirmed. Many health experts believe that the rate will drop as the number of cases rises."

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-compared-to-flu-mortality-rates-2020-3

STOP washing your hands. You will need to build up your immune system for this one.

I would also suggest eating ass to further build up the immune system.
giphy.gif

You going to have to change your handle to SavagingSick soon
For real.

I’m in San Antonio this week, and at my meeting this morning, the customer informed me that they’re keeping all the quarantined commercial planes at Lackland...right across the road from them.

Reactions: eezycheez
When they put the black bag over his head....
Reminded me of Survival School. Black bag over head, hands tied behind you, stripped naked, every crevice searched, then placed in a 4x3 box, with a coffee can to pee and poop in, and left there for 2 days. Fun times. :)

Reactions: Michael Honcho
Our company just cancelled our Boston trip. We were headed out Sunday.

Unfortunately I think this is more serious than most believe. You don't have to depend on info from news outlets or politicians. There's plenty of info available from doctors and nurses on the front lines, virologists, epidemiologists and other much more qualified sources.

The biggest current concern is getting people tested as fast as possible, and then figuring out the logistics of how many people will require hospitalization and ICU beds. And dealing with the shortage of PPE gear for medical staff. School closures are also going to be a must as it's looking likely kids are silent (asymptomatic) spreaders.

When looking at mortality rate overseas, it's difficult to pinpoint a number. But Americans definitely have some increased risk factors over other parts of the world so I don't think our rate will necessarily be lower than other countries.

Don't need to panic but just brushing this off as another flu is also a dangerous way of thinking imo.

Last edited:
Disney trip at beginning of April. Kinda hoping Corona is all over Florida by then. Really don’t want to go.

I keep sharing Corona news in the in laws group text. Sister in law is worried sick. She’s also a Mitt Romney fan and #NeverTrump advocate. Bless her little Purell heart.

Been eating my booger’s since I was s kid. Haven’t been sick in 5+ years. Last time I threw up was 6 years ago after a surgery.

Science. Eat your booger’s. Build your immune system.

Reactions: mtsuhog85
You’d make a great doctor. To be fair though, I’m pretty sure that one time I was starting to get sick, but I told myself no and it went away

Gonna show this to Katie. She will not even be feeling sick, then boom.. gets sick. She needs to toughen up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT