ADVERTISEMENT

OT 100% NOT the Official Off-Topic/Politics/Corona Thread

JH28ubn.jpg

Soooo excited to see you haven't given up the charade...

You sure are one graphing SOB. Good post, thank you
Just a guess here, but I feel like France may be a country to watch. Their data is all over the place and many of the their indicators don't look good.

April 2nd: 2,116 new cases
April 3rd: 23,060 new cases
April 4th: 7,788 new cases

Additionally: "April 2nd. France reported 884 additional deaths that have occurred in nursing homes over the past days and weeks. The French Government did not include these deaths in their official count, as their count only takes into consideration deaths of hospitalized patients."

The French are an odd bunch.

California's numbers continue to amaze me. They took the most drastic actions the earliest of any state (I think) and they have their death total under 500. With a population the size of theirs, that is pretty darn impressive.

Will be interesting to take a look at how the different actions by governors compares. Obviously Arkansas took a less stringent approach and has also had some encouraging results. I think it will become clear that the one size fits all approach to shutting things down will prove to have been a mistake but given the unknowns of everything especially early on, I can understand the desire to air on the side of caution.

Reactions: NMHOGG
I also know that the govt. is sending people money directly, giving out billions of dollars of loans to corps and small business to mitigate that

What a cluster this has turned out to be. As of yesterday, nearly 4 million businesses had applied for EIDL funding for a total of $383 billion, while Congress only allocated $17 billion for the program.

Guess who is gonna get the shaft nikki! This is not going to be as easy as you kept saying it was going to be. It's not going to be as easy as giving people money to make up for their businesses being shut down for 6 weeks nikki. There is not enough to go around.

Reactions: The Real Boss Hog
California's numbers continue to amaze me. They took the most drastic actions the earliest of any state (I think) and they have their death total under 500. With a population the size of theirs, that is pretty darn impressive.

Will be interesting to take a look at how the different actions by governors compares. Obviously Arkansas took a less stringent approach and has also had some encouraging results. I think it will become clear that the one size fits all approach to shutting things down will prove to have been a mistake but given the unknowns of everything especially early on, I can understand the desire to air on the side of caution.

I think with California it would also be interesting to know where their cases are located. I don’t know if it is true, but I have heard the bulk of their cases are coming from the Bay Area, which has cooler weather. I have heard the warmer areas, like LA, have not had as many cases.

This graffiti on 45 right before you hit downtown is like a city monument. Some dolt after some incident, can’t remember which one, spray painted over the “someone” to make it, “Be One” and people flipped shit. It was back to normal in like a day. Who knew that’s what it took to get every citizen in Houston to call the Mayor.

I'm sitting at Sam's in line to get watching people with masks and gloves and keep asking myself if this is real life. This is the dumbest thing I have ever experienced

Reactions: Lefty8 and HTHog
I'm sitting at Sam's in line to get watching people with masks and gloves and keep asking myself if this is real life. This is the dumbest thing I have ever experienced
Wait til you see the soccer moms social shaming other parents for letting their teeangers meet in a parking lot and talk to each other from their own car hoods parked more than 6 feet away from each other. Take a breath moms.

Reactions: The Real Boss Hog
Wait til you see the soccer moms social shaming other parents for letting their teeangers meet in a parking lot and talk to each other from their own car hoods parked more than 6 feet away from each other. Take a breath moms.
Oh I have seen it, what they aren't saying is they are only upset because their kid didn't get invited

I also don't get people complaining about people following the rules. It's already ridiculous enough, but even when people do what they are asked the goal post gets moved.

Social gathering less than 10 does not mean you only see the same 10 people for the next 30 days. It means stay in a group less than 10.

Fact or fiction?

Oh I have seen it, what they aren't saying is they are only upset because their kid didn't get invited

I also don't get people complaining about people following the rules. It's already ridiculous enough, but even when people do what they are asked the goal post gets moved.

Social gathering less than 10 does not mean you only see the same 10 people for the next 30 days. It means stay in a group less than 10.

Reactions: jpenrod86
Chinese center of Virology in Wuhan to study the various Sars or Corona viruses. Although a level-4 facility (super safe), some officials admitted that they only followed level-2 security measures when studying the virus...but the Chinese Govt vehemently denies that the virus "escaped" from that facility. To compound the problem, the Chinese Govt. did not alert the rest of the world of the outbreak for over 1 month and initially told the United States and the rest of the world that the virus could only be transmitted from animal to humans and not human to human.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT