ADVERTISEMENT

OT 100% NOT the Official Off-Topic/Politics/Corona Thread

80 percent that tested positive for covid yesterday wete asymptomatic. I promise no one tested positive for the flu and was asymptomatic. Anyway with all these positive test and very few deaths shows how mild this thing is. There are people screaming everywhere my father was given 3 wks on hospice and c19 got him.
? Are they doing antibodies test at walmart testing sites?
Dude you just brought up the biggest reason we have been worried about this virus. If you get the flu, you feel awful, you stay home. Those 80% yesterday that tested positive but were asymptomatic? How many more are out there asymptomatic, spreadin virus w/o knowing it. That’s scary.

I have (had? My aunt divorced him) an uncle that is San Diego PD. I was visiting them in 2008, and he took me to a little Irish pub that he frequented with some other cops. One of them was there when we got there. Guy was originally from Boston, heavy accent.

We’re sitting there drinking a Guinness and this young (though I guess older than me at the time) black couple comes in. They get a drink and sit down. Then the woman walks over to the jukebox and turns on Beyoncé or something like her. I don’t remember.

Anyway. This SDPD guy from Boston just goes off at our table. “Look at these fücking n***** just walk in here and start playing their music. I don’t go to their bars and play my music. What the fück are they doing.” He went on.

Easily the most racist tirade I’ve heard in my life. And I’m from the South.

Racism in Boston (they had segregated schools too) and historical tension between the Irish and blacks certainly was a thing, especially as they competed for the same jobs, but it was jarring to see the mentality still going strong in that guy.
As most all of you know, I’m very conservative but there is just no place for this. It’s so good that the two sides can debate( if the left will debate issues and not the I hate and blame everything on Trump). But this kind of thing is just wrong on several levels. The same thing happens on the left also and why? No reason for it. I know this will sound rah rah but we really are Americans, well most of us. Get self out of the way and let’s go!

Reactions: Mhhoover92
Surprise Suprise. Newly unclassified transcripts today show that Flynn did indeed lie to federal authorities when he said he didn't discuss sanctions.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profil...lynn-kislyak-transcript-confirm-flynns-guilt/

"“[T]he idea is, be — if you — if you have to do something, do something on a reciprocal basis, meaning you know, on a sort of an even basis,” Flynn said later in the call. “Then that, then that is a good message and we’ll understand that message. And, and then, we know that we’re not going to escalate this thing, where we — where because if we put out — if we send out 30 guys and you send out 60, you know, or you shut down every Embassy, I mean we have to get this to a — let’s, let’s keep this at a level that uh is, is even-keeled, okay?”"

Surprise Suprise. Newly unclassified transcripts today show that Flynn did indeed lie to federal authorities when he said he didn't discuss sanctions.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profil...lynn-kislyak-transcript-confirm-flynns-guilt/

"“[T]he idea is, be — if you — if you have to do something, do something on a reciprocal basis, meaning you know, on a sort of an even basis,” Flynn said later in the call. “Then that, then that is a good message and we’ll understand that message. And, and then, we know that we’re not going to escalate this thing, where we — where because if we put out — if we send out 30 guys and you send out 60, you know, or you shut down every Embassy, I mean we have to get this to a — let’s, let’s keep this at a level that uh is, is even-keeled, okay?”"
It’s crazy how people can read these things and get totally different views. From everything I’ve read, he didn’t do a thing wrong. I can link one tweet after another that show just the opposite.

Yeah. Honestly I wondered about Dudley Dawson as soon as I heard about his strokes. This virus is causing stroke like scenarios in people way too young to have strokes.

SARS-CoV-2 enters cells through two receptors, ACE2 and TMPRSS2. Both are heavily expressed in the cells that line the airways in the lungs (called alveolar epithelial cells). That’s where the initial uptake of virus occurs. Unfortunately ACE2 is expressed on multiple other cell types, which allows the virus to A) gain access to the bloodstream and B) infect the cells lining the vessels. This is causing the vascular issues like stroke and cardiovascular dz.

Reactions: futurehawgdad9
Yeah. Honestly I wondered about Dudley Dawson as soon as I heard about his strokes. This virus is causing stroke like scenarios in people way too young to have strokes.

SARS-CoV-2 enters cells through two receptors, ACE2 and TMPRSS2. Both are heavily expressed in the cells that line the airways in the lungs (called alveolar epithelial cells). That’s where the initial uptake of virus occurs. Unfortunately ACE2 is expressed on multiple other cell types, which allows the virus to A) gain access to the bloodstream and B) infect the cells lining the vessels. This is causing the vascular issues like stroke and cardiovascular dz.
From what I understood. Once it gets in the blood stream and in the lungs, It picks up a protein in the lungs that then it can cause several different types of reactions and a reason Drs are/were having trouble treating it early on.

Some interesting stuff.

Sounding more like blood type treatment is most important rather than breathing.

Reactions: Hawgfan75
O .
Dude you just brought up the biggest reason we have been worried about this virus. If you get the flu, you feel awful, you stay home. Those 80% yesterday that tested positive but were asymptomatic? How many more are out there asymptomatic, spreadin virus w/o knowing it. That’s scary.

Ok. In your opinion does social distancing and all the measures we are taking is working containing this virus? If you answer yes then tell me how long you think we can keep doing what we are doing? What is the end game? When no one has it? When does this end?

O .

Ok. In your opinion does social distancing and all the measures we are taking is working containing this virus? If you answer yes then tell me how long you think we can keep doing what we are doing? What is the end game? When no one has it? When does this end?
Man, I don’t know. I don’t. I can tell you that I’m sick of it. Social distancing clearly works, but damn it sucks doesn’t it? We’d be in a heluva lot worse shape had we not taken extraordinary measures. The end game is a consistent decline in new cases. The end game is a vaccine. The end game is the hope that hot humid weather decreases transmission. There is going to be a second wave this winter but hopefully it will be less significant b/c of more immunity from asymptomatic carriers. Viruses suck, man. Bacteria we can deal with but when youre dealing with little packets of genetic material that are designed to insert that material into our DNA, it’s hard as hell to fight that.

Man, I don’t know. I don’t. I can tell you that I’m sick of it. Social distancing clearly works, but damn it sucks doesn’t it? We’d be in a heluva lot worse shape had we not taken extraordinary measures. The end game is a consistent decline in new cases. The end game is a vaccine. The end game is the hope that hot humid weather decreases transmission. There is going to be a second wave this winter but hopefully it will be less significant b/c of more immunity from asymptomatic carriers. Viruses suck, man. Bacteria we can deal with but when youre dealing with little packets of genetic material that are designed to insert that material into our DNA, it’s hard as hell to fight that.
So when the second wave comes do we do this again based on what might happen?
And you say social distancing clearly works? Why hasn't it slowed influenza numbers down? Those numbers are not down during this shutdown. Why has it slowed covid but not influenza? Just ?s that pop into this simpletons mind. And thanks for your responses.

So when the second wave comes do we do this again based on what might happen?
And you say social distancing clearly works? Why hasn't it slowed influenza numbers down? Those numbers are not down during this shutdown. Why has it slowed covid but not influenza? Just ?s that pop into this simpletons mind. And thanks for your responses.
As I said earlier, flu makes most people who get it feel like shit. They inadvertently social distance because they don’t wanna get out the bed. Social distancing prevents those who feel fine but are infected w/ SARS-CoV2 from spreading it. I don’t know what is gonna happen with wave 2. Everybody is already tired of the way things are now and I doubt there will be a push to repeat what we’ve done since March. Fortunately there will hopefully be enough immunity that the second wave won’t be as bad as the first. But we ain’t out of the woods yet by any means.

Reactions: Porker Ace
Hey, hey, Mr Soros! We really need you here. Biden fkd up bad and told black people they aren’t black if they vote for Trump. Super racist comment.
How about we show a white cop killing a black man and blame trump for it?

ohh ohh then we can photoshop the guy in a maga hat, that’ll really fire it up.

perfect, after that I’ll have antifa come out and riot, fk the city up. I’ll fund it through my Open Society Foundation.

that’ll cause all of these poor idiots fighting and they won’t even remember what Biden said.

Last edited:
Reactions: minnesotahog
Hey, hey, Mr Soros! We really need you here. Biden fkd up bad and told black people they aren’t black if they vote for him. Super racist comment.

perfect, after that I’ll have antifa come out and riot, fk the city up. I’ll fund it through my Open Society Foundation.

that’ll cause all of these poor idiots fighting and they won’t even remember what Biden said.

Lol at thing these degenerates rioting A. Know who Biden is. B. Vote.

Why would you riot at the woke capital of industry? I’m super confused.

I’ve only seen riots in strong democratic strongholds and at places I wouldn’t expect. Why would you go after the people who believe what you do?

MLK when to Birmingham, Selma, and other strongly racist cities and showed the world their atrocities by simply walking down a street or sitting in a restaurant. These morons are setting towns and businesses ablaze that, for the most part, would openly agree with their premise.

I don’t get people. And I mean all people. Every image I’ve seen shows a very diverse set of individuals amongst the crowds.

I’ve only seen riots in strong democratic strongholds and at places I wouldn’t expect. Why would you go after the people who believe what you do?

MLK when to Birmingham, Selma, and other strongly racist cities and showed the world their atrocities by simply walking down a street or sitting in a restaurant. These morons are setting towns and businesses ablaze that, for the most part, would openly agree with their premise.

I don’t get people. And I mean all people. Every image I’ve seen shows a very diverse set of individuals amongst the crowds.
Most of the people aren’t even from Minnesota. These people are being shipped in to riot

Reactions: jegreenwood
Hey, hey, Mr Soros! We really need you here. Biden fkd up bad and told black people they aren’t black if they vote for Trump. Super racist comment.

Bravo bravo

Reactions: BygCountry
My cousin stole a check book and wrote a lot of bad checks back in about 02. I wonder if he is looting in protest for mr Floyd?

Would be nice if the President would say something to show empathy, instead he’s encouraging anti protestors to show up tonight. Crazy.

Not to derail the thread, but my girlfriend has been drawing the unemployment due to being laid off for covid... she has two weeks of money on the us bank card they sent her. The card has worked before, but has been locked for appx a week.. After waiting on hold for over 2 hours two days ago she got in touch with a lady that said her card would be unlocked in an hour and go back to normal... She tried it 3 hours later and it didn’t work.. Now almost 36 hours later it still doesn’t work.. The wait time to talk to a human who pretends to resolve the issue is astronomical and I feel like I’ve been in an elevator for 3 days due to the constant wait music. Is anyone else experiencing this? Or know how to resolve? Any help would be appreciated.

I guess Trump also said today we were cutting ties with the World Health Organization. Seems logical as the world is dealing with Covid-19.
I know Dems aren’t use to this term but it’s called “leadership.” But na, the WHO has been straight up and helpful from the beginning. Let’s keep giving them money for nothing.

For me the shock was N. Dakota. Never heard the n word more in my life and those are wonderful people but good grief

I have (had? My aunt divorced him) an uncle that is San Diego PD. I was visiting them in 2008, and he took me to a little Irish pub that he frequented with some other cops. One of them was there when we got there. Guy was originally from Boston, heavy accent.

We’re sitting there drinking a Guinness and this young (though I guess older than me at the time) black couple comes in. They get a drink and sit down. Then the woman walks over to the jukebox and turns on Beyoncé or something like her. I don’t remember.

Anyway. This SDPD guy from Boston just goes off at our table. “Look at these fücking n***** just walk in here and start playing their music. I don’t go to their bars and play my music. What the fück are they doing.” He went on.

Easily the most racist tirade I’ve heard in my life. And I’m from the South.

Racism in Boston (they had segregated schools too) and historical tension between the Irish and blacks certainly was a thing, especially as they competed for the same jobs, but it was jarring to see the mentality still going strong in that guy.
y’all trippin. Wherever there’s white people, this is the behavior. Nothing new. What would shock me is one of y’all saying stfu when it happens. Sorta like one of the other cops watching saying “hey, that’s enough” to the other cop that kills a guy with his knee.

Reactions: eezycheez
Not to derail the thread, but my girlfriend has been drawing the unemployment due to being laid off for covid... she has two weeks of money on the us bank card they sent her. The card has worked before, but has been locked for appx a week.. After waiting on hold for over 2 hours two days ago she got in touch with a lady that said her card would be unlocked in an hour and go back to normal... She tried it 3 hours later and it didn’t work.. Now almost 36 hours later it still doesn’t work.. The wait time to talk to a human who pretends to resolve the issue is astronomical and I feel like I’ve been in an elevator for 3 days due to the constant wait music. Is anyone else experiencing this? Or know how to resolve? Any help would be appreciated.

Go visit one of the riots. Those folks will be able to help. They have plenty of experience with unemployment.

I know Dems aren’t use to this term but it’s called “leadership.” But na, the WHO has been straight up and helpful from the beginning. Let’s keep giving them money for nothing.

y’all trippin. Wherever there’s white people, this is the behavior. Nothing new. What would shock me is one of y’all saying stfu when it happens. Sorta like one of the other cops watching saying “hey, that’s enough” to the other cop that kills a guy with his knee.

Unfortunately only makes them worse

Go visit one of the riots. Those folks will be able to help. They have plenty of experience with unemployment.
I put half the blame on systematic and employment racism. Not sure if you’ve ever experienced it before but I have.

I don't condone them destroying property but they've tried peacefully protesting! It's gotten them nowhere. They're sick and tired of going through the same shit every month, every week.

"Let the just system do its due diligence" that's the problem, they've seen the system fail them time and time again. It's not just about getting justice for Floyd. It's a message that they're just not going to take this anymore and they're trying to wake america up.

When Kaepernick started kneeling there were soooo many people saying his stance was pointless, that there was no issue in America, that America is great. Incidents like this prove he was 100% spot on.

The cop that killed him had more than a dozen complaints against him.

I think anyone with half a brain is disgusted with police brutality and the murder of George Floyd. In the same vein, I don't know of anyone with half a brain who thinks this rioting does anything positive. Just gives these f*cking morons a reason to loot, destroy, and steal from innocent people or businesses in these downtown cities.

But sadly there are some who probably think this senseless killing is ok because it was all for the cause of protesting for George Floyd.
https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area...injured-in-shooting-amid-protests-in-oakland/

Reactions: Doyle55731

White people love quoting and putting King up when it fits their narrative. King also said rioting was the voice of the unheard. King never believed in riots but he stated that in order to avoid riots fix and acknowledge the conditions they are rioting against. More than 50 years later, America has not changed shit.

I put half the blame on systematic and employment racism. Not sure if you’ve ever experienced it before but I have.
ok then what is your excuse for the dumbass whites that are trashing cop cars and spitting in cops faces 1000 miles away from where it happened? What about those worthless thugs? lol....

Not sure why you assumed that I was talking exclusively about blacks. You racist?

Last edited:
White people love quoting and putting King up when it fits their narrative. King also said rioting was the voice of the unheard. King never believed in riots but he stated that in order to avoid riots fix and acknowledge the conditions they are rioting against. More than 50 years later, America has not changed shit.
what makes you think the Floyd killing was racially motivated? Proof please.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT