ADVERTISEMENT

OT 100% NOT the Official Off-Topic/Politics/Corona Thread

My generalization is not a reflection on your opinion, just an observation. I honestly don't know how you can stop these one offs, though. Almost 3 Million people die a year in the US, a handful of hate crimes are awful and you never can condone them and/or stop trying to rid your society of them; but how do you completely alter protocols to read the minds of the prejudice people you may be hiring?

That’s a tall order. However, putting them in prison for manslaughter or murder when they commit manslaughter or murder would be a good place to start. Rule of Law. When justice isn’t being served against the people who supposedly carry out justice on behalf of the government...at some point you can expect the public backlash to become violent. I really don’t think this should be such a politically divisive issue...most of us agree that this cop needs to be punished, racist or not.

My generalization is not a reflection on your opinion, just an observation. I honestly don't know how you can stop these one offs, though. Almost 3 Million people die a year in the US, a handful of hate crimes are awful and you never can condone them and/or stop trying to rid your society of them; but how do you completely alter protocols to read the minds of the prejudice people you may be hiring?

You can’t. But society needs to make examples of the cops that abuse authority, especially when it’s murder.

Regardless of anyone’s race, we can’t claim to be a society that values freedom, dissent, life, or anything else when we don’t punish severely those that commit crimes in the name of the law. There’s an opportunity here with these four former officers.

And, as I type, I get an AP alert that the white officer has been arrested.

You can’t. But society needs to make examples of the cops that abuse authority, especially when it’s murder.

Regardless of anyone’s race, we can’t claim to be a society that values freedom, dissent, life, or anything else when we don’t punish severely those that commit crimes in the name of the law. There’s an opportunity here with these four former officers.

That's excellent to hear

I think we all agree on these things

I don’t think so. I can understand where Doyle is coming from. The big issue is that cops keep getting away with it (regardless of race). This time may be different...I hope it is.
That’s not entirely true because there have been several cops convicted recently. The woman in Dallas who shot the kid from Harding comes to mind. Several other examples I can link if you would like. I agree that there have been instances which is bullshit but it’s not just a blanket “cops keep getting away with it”. Also remember sometimes cops get off because it is justified even if some don’t agree. Furgesson is a good example. The biggest problem normally is the media jumping the gun trying to be the first one out of the gate with the news that they don’t do there due diligence and they get people worked up without knowing the facts. (Not so much this instance but normally). A little off topic but you can not convince me that there would have been as many school shootings as there were if it wasn’t for the media sensationalizing it and playing it on the news non stop.

Charged with 3rd degree murder
I assume that comes with a heavier sentencing than manslaughter but I don't know for sure.

Third degree murder can be defined as homicide committed with the intention of causing bodily harm, but not necessarily death. It can be a killing that results from indifference or negligence or recklessness. Statutes defining third degree murder vary considerably from state to state.

Will this stop the rioting? I sure as hell hope so.

Who knows. These things take on a life of their own. I imagine it will calm a lot of people down that were frightened this guy would get away with it. It will be a long process though. He comes out with no conviction or a poor excuse for one, and Wendy’s will be getting burned down just as the rebuild is complete.

Reactions: Mhhoover92
Biden is about to speak for those curious(I'm sure most of you don't though). I'd post a video about Trump but he's too busy tweeting.

https://live.joebiden.com/c/MinnesotaRemarks

“Arther Brown was shot by two cops on a neighborhood road while jogging away from a covid 19 hotspot....where am I again.....We have to beat Trump in November because if you ain’t with me you ain’t black”

I assume that comes with a heavier sentencing than manslaughter but I don't know for sure.

Third degree murder can be defined as homicide committed with the intention of causing bodily harm, but not necessarily death. It can be a killing that results from indifference or negligence or recklessness. Statutes defining third degree murder vary considerably from state to state.

Never in my life heard of someone that caught a 3rd degree murder. 2nd or negligent homicide/manslaughter.

Just an aside: while im happy that this piece of trash will spend the rest of his life in prison, i really hope that this faster than usual charge doesnt make the crazies think that they have to level complete city blocks to get a fast charge next time

Is there a transcript to follow along with so I know what he’s actually trying to say?
giphy.gif

Reactions: futurehawgdad9
Well it sure does need to be different. I just don’t see how anyone can see that and be ok with it. I also believe it will be far more than man slaughter. Has to be. Im conservative and I’m still in shock. Of course not all cops are bad, but there are a handful. But this!

Reactions: Italian Arkie
Well it sure does need to be different. I just don’t see how anyone can see that and be ok with it. I also believe it will be far more than man slaughter. Has to be. Im conservative and I’m still in shock. Of course not all cops are bad, but there are a handful. But this!
Agreed. I can't think of any scenario where it takes 3 officers to subdue a guy who isn't resisting and already in handcuffs on the ground.

Reactions: Doyle55731
Just an aside: while im happy that this piece of trash will spend the rest of his life in prison, i really hope that this faster than usual charge doesnt make the crazies think that they have to level complete city blocks to get a fast charge next time
He won’t get life. It carries a maximum penalty of 25 years. And before anyone says it’s only because he is a cop go read all three murder statues. They have maximum penalties assigned to each one and this is the only one that fits the crime.

This will be entertaining I'm sure. I wonder how many times he'll place the blame on others(like Democrats) instead of trying to unifying the country.

Bunch of "HYON KANG" so far. I think he's trying to break a record for saying "Hong Kong" in a speech.

anddd it's over... nothing about Minnesota. Just a 10 minute speech about China/Hong Kong. Basically we are no longer going to consider Hong Kong independent from China.. Crazy.

Reactions: jegreenwood
Can either be fixed with destroying and stealing private property?

Do you think the looters in MN are noble for their actions?
Probably not but the ex cop has been charged with murder. Also the Boston Tea Party destroyed private property, for freedom and representation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT