ADVERTISEMENT

Former Mizzou player/ NFL prospect is gay

Originally posted by Vito Porco:
Agreed, to compare coming out with what Jackie Robinson and other blacks endured is the height of indifference and ignorance. Political Correctness is dumbing down this country and numbing society to real social issues and problems.
You can always tell when someone doesn't have full faith in his stance on an argument. If it has to be propped up with insults, something tells me it was flimsy to begin with.

I'll say it again, the comparison was hyperbole but if you do not see the parallel in their struggle then the point was lost on you anyway.

So its ok to have a gay thread, but not talk about politics and religion.

Leviticus 18:22:

Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another mas as with a woman. It is a detestable sin..

Originally posted by lassie01:

Originally posted by curtisr:
I'm going to step off in it and tell everyone ITT that I'm a Christian. I'm not in agreement with the stance of "it's none of my business" "live and let live" or "I'll be glad when this isn't a big deal".

Sin is a big deal. The word of God says that homosexuality is a sin and not to do it. When people tolerate and accept sin as a normal it's ok thing I don't think The Lord is pleased. Tolerance promotes more tolerance and before long it's completely ok. According to Gods word, it's not ok.

I do not believe God said its sin and then creates people as homosexual. There is a tendency to be more feminine or masculine, a choice becomes made to practice homosexuality and not "God made me that way".

With that said, I want to make it very clear that we are not called to hate, not called to condemnation of someone as a bad person and not called to judge homosexuals as terrible people. It's simply a sin in their life that needs correction and reproof not acceptance and tolerance.

As a Christ follower I'm called to love people through life's difficulties. Love is different than saying it's ok it's just you and none of my business.

My belief is hate the sin, love the sinner. We all have sin and need to be loved.

I don't think you understand the context in which homosexuality is a sin in the Bible. I think you interpreted it (or most likely had it interpreted for you) to fit your predisposition towards homosexuality.

I could debate this with you or whoever else but I will not. Hear this and know this, those who are intolerant of someone's sexual orientation are fighting a losing battle. History has proven time and time and time again that tolerance and acceptance will always win out. That, ignorance, which is the fuel for bigotry and discrimination will only hold out for so long.

You hit the nail on the head when you talked about more and more tolerance. That is exactly how it will happen, I think it is great that you understand this so you can make peace with it now. Because it is coming.
A few things. First off, you carry on as if gay people are beaten in the streets, denied housing, not allowed to work, and are unable to go on with their lives. And all of that is beyond a lie. I have known gay people since the 70's, I have worked with many, have had dealings with countless others through the years, and have seen them go through life just like the rest of us. They work, they play, they go to restaurants and movies, and I'm sure, have problems in life just like everybody else. I had a cousin(died from aids) and have a sister-in-law in my family who were openly gay decades ago. Neither were shunned from the family or treated like lesser, even though we come from very conservative backgrounds. Some of the most successful people I know happen to be gay and I can't tell their lives have been stunted in any way by public perception.

The gay movement is not about rights for the downtrodden, it is about a faction of our country that constantly looks for victims at every turn. And when it can't find them, it creates them. It's not enough that folks like me that don't see the coolness of gay choose to simply live and let live and let them go about their lives. Nope, we have to celebrate them, act like a gay couple is just like mom and dad, and treat them as if they are persecuted and deserve special treatment just b/c of their sexual leanings. We have to allow our schools and the media to socially engineer our kids, have to treat them as if they are no different than any other couple(legally speaking), and be afraid to draw any lines no matter how much they choose to shove their lifestyles in our faces. What a crock.

Secondly, your cries for tolerance that move the moral compass of our society will not end where you think it will. The exact same arguments you use for gay rights will eventually work just as well for pedophiles, dads and daughters, sons and moms, beastiality, guys who want 20 wives, and anything else you can sexually imagine. All of the current catchphrases will work just as well for their causes too. Born that way, natural for them, everybody has a right to express love in the way that is normal for them, and on and on. Once you start crossing moral lines, you are foolish to think you will be the last to do it.

Originally posted by southarkrzrbk:

Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another mas as with a woman. It is a detestable sin..
Ah yes, Leviticus, it's one of my favorites.

Here are some of things that are an abomination in Leviticus:

Burning yeast or honey in an offering to God....
Eating fat
Carelessly making an oath
Bringing unauthorized fire before God
Letting your hair become unkempt

And my favorite, especially for this bunch......eating any animal which doesn't chew cud and have a divided hoof...oh SNAP you swine eating suns a beaches!!!

Originally posted by rzrbk7777:

I'm going to step off in it and tell everyone ITT that I'm a Christian. I'm not in agreement with the stance of "it's none of my business" "live and let live" or "I'll be glad when this isn't a big deal".

Sin is a big deal. The word of God says that homosexuality is a sin and not to do it. When people tolerate and accept sin as a normal it's ok thing I don't think The Lord is pleased. Tolerance promotes more tolerance and before long it's completely ok. According to Gods word, it's not ok.

I do not believe God said its sin and then creates people as homosexual. There is a tendency to be more feminine or masculine, a choice becomes made to practice homosexuality and not "God made me that way".

With that said, I want to make it very clear that we are not called to hate, not called to condemnation of someone as a bad person and not called to judge homosexuals as terrible people. It's simply a sin in their life that needs correction and reproof not acceptance and tolerance.

As a Christ follower I'm called to love people through life's difficulties. Love is different than saying it's ok it's just you and none of my business.

My belief is hate the sin, love the sinner. We all have sin and need to be loved.

I don't think you understand the context in which homosexuality is a sin in the Bible. I think you interpreted it (or most likely had it interpreted for you) to fit your predisposition towards homosexuality.

I could debate this with you or whoever else but I will not. Hear this and know this, those who are intolerant of someone's sexual orientation are fighting a losing battle. History has proven time and time and time again that tolerance and acceptance will always win out. That, ignorance, which is the fuel for bigotry and discrimination will only hold out for so long.

You hit the nail on the head when you talked about more and more tolerance. That is exactly how it will happen, I think it is great that you understand this so you can make peace with it now. Because it is coming.
A few things. First off, you carry on as if gay people are beaten in the streets, denied housing, not allowed to work, and are unable to go on with their lives. And all of that is beyond a lie. I have known gay people since the 70's, I have worked with many, have had dealings with countless others through the years, and have seen them go through life just like the rest of us. They work, they play, they go to restaurants and movies, and I'm sure, have problems in life just like everybody else. I had a cousin(died from aids) and have a sister-in-law in my family who were openly gay decades ago. Neither were shunned from the family or treated like lesser, even though we come from very conservative backgrounds. Some of the most successful people I know happen to be gay and I can't tell their lives have been stunted in any way by public perception.

The gay movement is not about rights for the downtrodden, it is about a faction of our country that constantly looks for victims at every turn. And when it can't find them, it creates them. It's not enough that folks like me that don't see the coolness of gay choose to simply live and let live and let them go about their lives. Nope, we have to celebrate them, act like a gay couple is just like mom and dad, and treat them as if they are persecuted and deserve special treatment just b/c of their sexual leanings. We have to allow our schools and the media to socially engineer our kids, have to treat them as if they are no different than any other couple(legally speaking), and be afraid to draw any lines no matter how much they choose to shove their lifestyles in our faces. What a crock.

Secondly, your cries for tolerance that move the moral compass of our society will not end where you think it will. The exact same arguments you use for gay rights will eventually work just as well for pedophiles, dads and daughters, sons and moms, beastiality, guys who want 20 wives, and anything else you can sexually imagine. All of the current catchphrases will work just as well for their causes too. Born that way, natural for them, everybody has a right to express love in the way that is normal for them, and on and on. Once you start crossing moral lines, you are foolish to think you will be the last to do it.
Well then, if you know a bunch of gay folks, I take bake everything I said.

They're not beaten in the streets? Matthew Shepard says hello

Denied housing? If Gay Marriage is not legal in the state you live in, the only way they can own property is as "joint-tenants" which is an extremely risky form of ownership? Why? Ineffective asset protection, Gift Tax Risk, etc.

Not allowed to work? As long as they're in Hollywood..........yeah I said it.

Why are you quoting something from a book of fictitious stories?

Originally posted by Jon Jackson:
Wait...why should this be locked or deleted?

Posted from Rivals Mobile

Okay can I start a thread about what a worthless president Obama is? No. It would get moved to get grim bottom which is where this thread should be. Look I got no problems with gays. I wish every dude in the world was gay so I could have any women I wanted. My point is the dudes gay hooray for him. Why is there a need in this country to throw a parade for homosexuality? I was watching Disney with my daughter and it had a lesbian couple on a g rated show. That was real fun explaining.

Be gay but just do your thing and quit making spectacle of it. I am sure there are a lot of gay dudes in the NFL but they don't go promoting it. What you do behind close doors is your business just done make it mine.

50% of marriages end in divorce, and some of you'll want to quote a book written at a time when human civilization thought the earth was flat and the center of the universe.

Originally posted by floridahog:

Gulfcoast,

I agree with you, I've been saying for years that I didn't understand what made Jackie Robinson so special. Being African American is nothing special. It didn't make him a hero.

Well done.
You two ought to be ashamed of yourselves, one for using Jackie Robinson and the other for thinking it was cool.

Jackie Robinson faced things everyday that we can't even imagine. This was a much different country for black people in those days. Blacks were routinely turned away from restaurants, hotels, public transportation, even water fountains back then. He was treated like an animal by many. He was openly cussed, threatened, heckled, and harassed everywhere he went. He was often denied access to the hotels and restaurants his team went to, sometimes not allowed to travel by the same means, and treated like a criminal by many just for being a black man who played baseball in a white league. And he did it in a time when being a pro ball player did not pay enough to make you rich. The things he endured were not rewarded financially.

On the other hand, a gay person comes out of the closet in 2014 and Hollywood, the national media, and the perpetually politically correct can't do enough to prop them up, celebrate them, praise them, and basically grovel at their feet in a quest to make them heroes and victims all at the same time. Being a nationally known gay person is the new cool amongst all of those people and evokes celebrity status among them. Does anybody really think Ellen and Rosie are funny and talented enough to keep getting opportunities thrown at them based on their talent?

Jackie Robinson was a hero. Heroes overcome extreme hardships to accomplish something special. Coming out of the closet in 2014 isn't remotely the same thing.
Yeah...it's not like gays are killed just because they are gay.....oh wait....yes they are.

IF you don't think gays are hated and abused you don't know many gay folks.

Many STILL hide because it's safer and their jobs are more secure.

Once tried to date an outstanding young woman who as a got to know her was one of the best people I'd ever met. Never got a date but became friends.

Put her little sister through nursing school and helped her mom stay in her home when her income went south. Sat with her 90 year next neighbor for days when he lost his wife in a car accident. Drove a friend who could not afford to even drive much less fly half across the US to see her Dad who had become suddenly critically ill.

After a year or so when she KNEW I was safe she confided she was gay. She still had tears in her eyes from fear.

Got to know all about her life and became her "date" for corporate occasions so she would look straight.

She was always afraid what could happen if she came out.

Really HARD way to live.

HUGELY courageous still for any gay person to come out.

^^^^^^ This. I am about as socially liberal is a man can get. Can we just move it to another forum and be consistent with the rules???????

Well then, if you know a bunch of gay folks, I take bake everything I said.

They're not beaten in the streets? Matthew Shepard says hello

Denied housing? If Gay Marriage is not legal in the state you live in, the only way they can own property is as "joint-tenants" which is an extremely risky form of ownership? Why? Ineffective asset protection, Gift Tax Risk, etc.

Not allowed to work? As long as they're in Hollywood..........yeah I said it.
You know what, I can go places today and find myself in grave danger just for being a white dude in the wrong place. You can find victims in all walks of life if you look hard enough. I have never known anybody personally to be beaten or abused for being gay. Of course, I'm not out victim hunting either.

I know several straight couples that co-habitate, own homes, buys cars, etc., w/o being married. They manage.

Hollywood? I have never been to Hollywood but I personally know an openly gay man that runs a posh hospital, I know an openly gay lesbian that is OVER the entire nursing staff at another huge hospital. Lesbian and gay nurses, doctors, teachers, business owners, and just about any profession you can think of, are commonplace where I live, and it is nowhere near Hollywood. If that is your argument, you don't have one.

Originally posted by holbein03:

^^^^^^ This. I am about as socially liberal is a man can get. Can we just move it to another forum and be consistent with the rules???????
The Bible, as a collection of parables and allegories meant to promote being a good person, is fantastic. When people start picking and choosing literal interpretations, troubles arise.

Vladmir Putin agrees...

Originally posted by Vito Porco:
Agreed, to compare coming out with what Jackie Robinson and other blacks endured is the height of indifference and ignorance. Political Correctness is dumbing down this country and numbing society to real social issues and problems.
You can always tell when someone doesn't have full faith in his stance on an argument. If it has to be propped up with insults, something tells me it was flimsy to begin with.

I'll say it again, the comparison was hyperbole but if you do not see the parallel in their struggle then the point was lost on you anyway.
You can always tell when someone doesn't have complete faith in his stance and uses hyperbole to exagerate the truth to advance an indefensible position in an argument.

There is no parallel.

So the number 1 story in college football this week should not be allowed on here?

Ok...

Lets just agree to disagree. I just simply requested that this be moved to the grim bottom or the hill. You seem to always no more than everyone else anyway say carry on. I just hope someday I can achieve your level of intelligence.

Lassie,

I love the insinuation I've been brainwashed into my ignorant beliefs and you could debate me into the here and the now. I'm thinking your debate should be with The Lord and the Word. The Old Testament said it and the New Testament says it and it also says God never changes.

Corinthians 6: "Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. You say, "Food for the stomach and the stomach for food, and God will destroy them both." The body, however, is not meant for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. By his power God raised the Lord from the dead, and he will raise us also. Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, "The two will become one flesh." But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit. Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies. (1 Corinthians 6:9, 10, 13-20 BOOKS)"

Hard to argue with Truth.

Hate the sin, love the sinner.

Good god people are actually equating homosexuality to bestiality and pedophilia.

Unreal.

You miss my point Jon. Thirty years ago nobody would have dreamed this would ever be an issue. But now, we have moved the line. Everytime you move the moral line, somebody stands up and wants to move it again. Doesn't happen suddenly, but it always happens. Remember when TV couples had twin beds? Remember when you couldn't say damn it on TV? We didn't go from there to what you see on TV these days all of a sudden. The line was moved just a little bit at a time until it got to where we are today.

So you have got to wonder, where is the next line? The next goal? The next group to stand up and be victimized? We are running out of lines. What seems unthinkable today is almost certainly going to be tomorrow's next cause. It always works that way. And if they cross a line you think is a bit too far, they won't hesitate to tell you what a bigot you are, how intolerant you are, and how your input doesn't matter. It always works that way too.

So the number 1 story in college football this week should not be allowed on here?

Ok...
Leave it on here for sure. But the #1 story in college football this week? I think not and it's only Monday! The game is so much better than this crap.

This post was edited on 2/10 1:33 PM by TNHOG66

Corinthians 6: "Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. You say, "Food for the stomach and the stomach for food, and God will destroy them both." The body, however, is not meant for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. By his power God raised the Lord from the dead, and he will raise us also. Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, "The two will become one flesh." But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit. Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies. (1 Corinthians 6:9, 10, 13-20 BOOKS)"

Do you also realize that you're quoting a book that came about when people believed the world was flat and that the earth was the center of the universe? You can't just pick and choose what you want to believe out of the bible. Gluttony is also a sin, too. I hope you and your family aren't fat.

Originally posted by floridahog:

Vladmir Putin agrees...
1196.gif

Lassie,

I love the insinuation I've been brainwashed into my ignorant beliefs and you could debate me into the here and the now. I'm thinking your debate should be with The Lord and the Word. The Old Testament said it and the New Testament says it and it also says God never changes.

I am not that religious but its a shame that people like yourself get ridiculed for your beliefs.. But its okay to throw a parade for gay people. I am actually pretty liberal socially but it disturbs me deeply that you will be called a bigot or racist because of your beliefs and the people who want to make spectacle out of gayness are understanding and sensitive. Messed up world we live in. And this is coming from one big sinner.

Originally posted by wps88 2.0:

Do you also realize that you're quoting a book that came about when people believed the world was flat and that the earth was the center of the universe? You can't just pick and choose what you want to believe out of the bible. Gluttony is also a sin, too. I hope you and your family aren't fat.
The Bible is not just a book, it is far, far more than that to millions and millions of people. Do they not have a right to their spiritual beliefs? Funny how intolerant the tolerance crowd when it suits them.

Of course people have the right to what they believe in. It's the part where they pick and choose what to believe from a book that gets on the nerves of many people. The Bible should not be taken literally. It's a book meant to help you live life as a good person.

The Bible is not just a book, it is far, far more than that to millions and millions of people. Do they not have a right to their spiritual beliefs? Funny how intolerant the tolerance crowd when it suits them.
Well said sir.

Of course people have the right to what they believe in. It's the part where they pick and choose what to believe from a book that gets on the nerves of many people. The Bible should not be taken literally. It's a book meant to help you live life as a good person.
Well that's your opinion so I will state mine. I don't think we should throw a parade every time an athlete comes out telling the world he likes penis. I don't give a shat.

Well that's your opinion so I will state mine. I don't think we should throw a parade every time an athlete comes out telling the world he likes penis. I don't give a shat.
But it doesn't affect you at all. It doesn't harm you or your family. It's his life. He is the first open player to come out. Of course the media will love this... just like they loved Tebow and his bible thumping ways.

you guys aren't going to convince each other of your point of view. love who you want to love but go do it now. cause you're filling your day with anger over something that really only affects you if you're in this thread

But it doesn't affect you at all. It doesn't harm you or your family. It's his life. He is the first open player to come out. Of course the media will love this... just like they loved Tebow and his bible thumping ways.
Don't like Tebow either cause he made a spectacle of his religion. ITs the same reason I don't like the whole hat thing on national signing day. I hate drama queens and that's what Tim Tebow and Micheal Sam are. I am sure that there are lots of gay guys in the nfl but the hey look at me I am so important, so special thing makes me want to vomit. So its really no different than the Tebow thing.

Funny thing about the Bible, it is still the truth. With all of the left wing scientists and all of the advances over the years, they still can't prove it wrong though many have worked hard to do just that.

And folks that want to shove the gay lifestyle gets on my(and many others' ) nerves. Why is that alright? I'm going to pass on your idea of how I should take the Bible.

And FWIW, the folks that thought the earth was flat back then were no more ignorant than those who think the earth is warming as we endure record cold weather at the same time. And neither got that thinking from God.

Originally posted by Mrs.Whiskey:
you guys aren't going to convince each other of your point of view. love who you want to love but go do it now. cause you're filling your day with anger over something that really only affects you if you're in this thread
I'm not angry ma'am. It's the hypocrites who are the angry ones. They hate someone for being gay because "it's a sin."

but they love their wife who is fat. Gluttony is also a sin as I stated earlier. They pick and choose. I wish I could pick and choose how I live life. I would speed home from work everyday. That would be the first thing I would choose to do.

Originally posted by Mrs.Whiskey:
Now that's perspective. Well said.

Funny thing about the Bible, it is still the truth. With all of the left wing scientists and all of the advances over the years, they still can't prove it wrong though many have worked hard to do just that.

And folks that want to shove the gay lifestyle gets on my(and many others' ) nerves. Why is that alright? I'm going to pass on your idea of how I should take the Bible.

And FWIW, the folks that thought the earth was flat back then were no more ignorant than those who think the earth is warming as we endure record cold weather at the same time. And neither got that thinking from God.
I understand your side. And I'm not trying to be a dick. I respect your opinion. But do you really believe the earth is only 4,000 years old and was made in a week?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT