ADVERTISEMENT

Former Mizzou player/ NFL prospect is gay

Originally posted by wps88 2.0:

Originally posted by Mrs.Whiskey:
you guys aren't going to convince each other of your point of view. love who you want to love but go do it now. cause you're filling your day with anger over something that really only affects you if you're in this thread
I'm not angry ma'am. It's the hypocrites who are the angry ones. They hate someone for being gay because "it's a sin."

but they love their wife who is fat. Gluttony is also a sin as I stated earlier. They pick and choose. I wish I could pick and choose how I live life. I would speed home from work everyday. That would be the first thing I would choose to do.
Your wife must be fat. I know mines not. And I don't hate the guy or think its a sin. But why is it okay for you to believe what you want but not okay for them too. I just don't understand that way of thinking.

Originally posted by Da Biz:
asdf
dude. where did your let it be link go? now i look like an @$$…

love.jpg

This post was edited on 2/10 2:11 PM by Mrs.Whiskey

I'm not married yet. There's still hope for me after all haha

And I wasn't calling your wife fat, sir. Gluttony is labeled as a sin in the bible. We don't go around judging people for being fat. We don't refuse them the right of happiness because they love to eat. It's no difference in being gay.

I'm not married yet. There's still hope for me after all haha

And I wasn't calling your wife fat, sir. Gluttony is labeled as a sin in the bible. We don't go around judging people for being fat. We don't refuse them the right of happiness because they love to eat. It's no difference in being gay.
Well if you due end up marrying a fat girl or a dude we wont think any less of you.

Of course people have the right to what they believe in. It's the part where they pick and choose what to believe from a book that gets on the nerves of many people. The Bible should not be taken literally. It's a book meant to help you live life as a good person.
Your statements contradict centuries of teaching, even the Quran mentions some of the same Biblical episodes. The Greek wasn't always tranlslated correctly and in some cases dosen't represent the literal meaning, or context of the time. The Bible is the inspired word of God for hundreds of millions and those of us that believe this do so through faith, the same faith that leads to repentence and salvation through Jesus. I used to say the same things about the Bible and in the same breath that I also believed in God and Christ. Be careful!! James 2:19 Satan and his demons believe yet trimble with fear.

Originally posted by rzrbk7777:

Of course people have the right to what they believe in. It's the part where they pick and choose what to believe from a book that gets on the nerves of many people. The Bible should not be taken literally. It's a book meant to help you live life as a good person.
Funny thing about the Bible, it is still the truth. With all of the left wing scientists and all of the advances over the years, they still can't prove it wrong though many have worked hard to do just that.

And folks that want to shove the gay lifestyle gets on my(and many others' ) nerves. Why is that alright? I'm going to pass on your idea of how I should take the Bible.

And FWIW, the folks that thought the earth was flat back then were no more ignorant than those who think the earth is warming as we endure record cold weather at the same time. And neither got that thinking from God.
I understand your side. And I'm not trying to be a dick. I respect your opinion. But do you really believe the earth is only 4,000 years old and was made in a week?
I believe the Bible to be the written word of God. I also believe the worst thing a believer can do is omit or disregard the parts of it they don't want to believe. Not a Bible scholar or anywhere close to being one and I could not tell you how old the Bible claims the earth to be.

What I do find amusing is a lot of the same folks who see the Bible as just an outdated book will take the word of a scientist who claims this rock is 97 million years old or that animal lived 163 million years ago as the truth w/o question. Same bunch that can count galaxies but can't decide how many planets are in our own solar system.

Yes, doesn't matter what men thought or knew. Gods word is the perfect infallible word of God and applies forever. Read it and The Lord will reveal things and change your life!!

Originally posted by curtisr:
Lassie,

I love the insinuation I've been brainwashed into my ignorant beliefs and you could debate me into the here and the now. I'm thinking your debate should be with The Lord and the Word. The Old Testament said it and the New Testament says it and it also says God never changes.

Corinthians 6: "Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. You say, "Food for the stomach and the stomach for food, and God will destroy them both." The body, however, is not meant for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. By his power God raised the Lord from the dead, and he will raise us also. Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, "The two will become one flesh." But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit. Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies. (1 Corinthians 6:9, 10, 13-20 BOOKS)"

Hard to argue with Truth.

Hate the sin, love the sinner.
And in Corinthians, the context of sexual immorality from a homosexual stand point lies in male prositiution (as female prostitution is a sin) and the common practice of the time of older men having sex with young boys.

The problem you are going to run into here, is there is no context in ancient times for consensual homosexual relationships. So, because there is no CONTEXT, you, and you alone have to decide (or interpret) for yourself.

I'm not asking that you take my word as fact. Ask someone who has some experience in theology. There is much debate between Biblical scholars on some of these very topics.

Has anyone seen Wolf of Wall Street?
This post was edited on 2/10 2:48 PM by wps88 2.0

Originally posted by lassie01:

And in Corinthians, the context of sexual immorality from a homosexual stand point lies in male prositiution (as female prostitution is a sin) and the common practice of the time of older men having sex with young boys.

The problem you are going to run into here, is there is no context in ancient times for consensual homosexual relationships. So, because there is no CONTEXT, you, and you alone have to decide (or interpret) for yourself.

I'm not asking that you take my word as fact. Ask someone who has some experience in theology. There is much debate between Biblical scholars on some of these very topics.

Leviticus 20:13 ESV / 133 helpful votes

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

Leviticus 18:22 ESV / 263 helpful votes

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination

The Bible was written in ancient Greek, it was the universal language at the time. Since the 5th century BC, the greek word for homo is ὁiuo which translates to "same" and Latin sexus meaning "sex". meaning sex is a romantic sexual attraction, or behavior between members of the same sex, or gendor....."context"
This post was edited on 2/10 2:59 PM by Vito Porco

I believe the only context you want to see is male prostitution. When you look at the entire stance of the Bible and fit in the creation of Adam and Eve and the many references to Marriage of one man and one woman and the context of a Decon being the husband of one wife and the context of instructions on how a husband and wife should be one flesh and how they are to treat each other you cannot come to any other faith based conclusion other than homosexuality in any form is against the law and nature of God and man.

God defines and instructs us in how to interact in every righteous relationship he created. Children, Parents, wives, husbands, friends, servants, brother/sister. Nowhere does it say how to treat your homosexual Partner. Why? The relationship should not exist.

You can deny the word being true but it doesn't make it so. Gods truth is not subject to mans approval. It's true weather you believe it or not.

Again, I'm not a hater and do not intend this as hateful, I'm not angry, I'm simply telling it like it is.

Hate the sin, LOVE the sinner.

Well said. Thanks for taking a stand. Believers should not feel as though we have to be silent and tolerant! Some day The Lord will say enough is enough and it's not going to be pretty.

Well I guess if you take the Bible literally as some here suggest because it is the "true" word of God then Mr. Sam should have announced that he is a lesbian... That would be okay since the Good Book is specific about men being with men...

Loved Captain Phillips too...

This post was edited on 2/10 3:13 PM by hogatexan

Corinthians 6: "Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. You say, "Food for the stomach and the stomach for food, and God will destroy them both." The body, however, is not meant for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. By his power God raised the Lord from the dead, and he will raise us also. Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, "The two will become one flesh." But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit. Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies. (1 Corinthians 6:9, 10, 13-20 BOOKS)"

Do you also realize that you're quoting a book that came about when people believed the world was flat and that the earth was the center of the universe? You can't just pick and choose what you want to believe out of the bible. Gluttony is also a sin, too. I hope you and your family aren't fat.
The Bible is not just a book, it is far, far more than that to millions and millions of people. Do they not have a right to their spiritual beliefs? Funny how intolerant the tolerance crowd when it suits them.
They have a right to their beliefs. They just do not have a right to impose their beliefs on others.

Originally posted by hogatexan:
God also said to have slaves, yes?

This post was edited on 2/10 3:11 PM by hogatexan
No, No where in the Bible does does it say that God supports slavery. In fact, the slavery described in the Old Testament was quite different from the kind of slavery we think of today - in which people are captured and sold as slaves. According to Old Testament law, anyone caught selling another person into slavery was to be executed

(Exodus 21:16)

"He who kidnaps a man, whether he sells him or he is found in his possession, shall surely be put to death."

Originally posted by ermackey:

Do you also realize that you're quoting a book that came about when people believed the world was flat and that the earth was the center of the universe? You can't just pick and choose what you want to believe out of the bible. Gluttony is also a sin, too. I hope you and your family aren't fat.
The Bible is not just a book, it is far, far more than that to millions and millions of people. Do they not have a right to their spiritual beliefs? Funny how intolerant the tolerance crowd when it suits them.
They have a right to their beliefs. They just do not have a right to impose their beliefs on others.
Right back at ya there lightning ball. Don't say you don't have to tolerate my beliefs and then tell me I must tolerate yours. Of course. that is what you seem to do best.

Coming out to the media is all about attention, period. Why because no one gives a crap, great you like ding dongs now hit somebody and play football. Take WWE wrestler Darren Young for example, he came out to the media because he felt the attention it would get would force McMahon to put him on tv more. He sucks so they didn't but still the point it's all about attention. If you are truly telling people something for the first time that you've held in, you do it with your family and friends first, not the media. Media is about attention, plain and simple

Originally posted by hogatexan:
Well I guess if you take the Bible literally as some here suggest because it is the "true" word of God then Mr. Sam should have announced that he is a lesbian... That would be okay since the Good Book is specific about men being with men...

Loved Captain Phillips too...

This post was edited on 2/10 3:13 PM by hogatexan
Poated for the second time;

The Bible was written in ancient Greek, it was the universal language at the time. Since the 5th century BC, the greek word for homo is ὁiuo which translates to "same" and Latin sexus meaning "sex". meaning sex is a romantic sexual attraction, or behavior between members of the same sex, or gendor....."context"

Right back at ya there lightning ball. Don't say you don't have to tolerate my beliefs and then tell me I must tolerate yours. Of course. that is what you seem to do best.
Where did I say you did not have a right to your beliefs?

Thought you were being sacastic, still think you were, but I'll appologize if you are offended.

Originally posted by Vito Porco:

Thought you were being sacastic, still think you were, but I'll appologize if you are offended.
Nope. I truly find both topics hysterical and enjoy the fun that ensues when they are debated on a message board.

Same place you said I didn't have a right to impose my beliefs. I have never told anybody what they can't do in the privacy of their own home, I have never cussed at or spewed hatred at anybody b/c they were gay, yet somehow b/c I do not agree with the lifestyle, I am imposing my beliefs by simply stating my side. I'm not organizing anti-gay parades, stating my sexual preferences for the world to witness, or trying to stifle anybody from saying what they think. So which side is really doing the imposing here? All I want is to go on with my life and not be told what I should think is right by folks that have no clue, but see themselves as enlightened.

I don't believe that gay is normal, but I took the stance long ago that as long as it is not imposed on me, it isn't my business. Public cries to force me to like it or else be ridiculed makes it my business. You can't have it both ways no matter how hard you try.
This post was edited on 2/10 4:07 PM by rzrbk7777

Yes, doesn't matter what men thought or knew. Gods word is the perfect infallible word of God and applies forever. Read it and The Lord will reveal things and change your life!!
Yeah, that is complete bs. Man made God out of ignorance and fear. Yeah, they say God is all loving, the same God that watched Hitler put Jews in the oven and watched a race of people being enslaved for over 400 years. You can take that Bible shit and shove it up your ass

Same place you said I didn't have a right to impose my beliefs. I have never told anybody what they can't do in the privacy of their own home, I have never cussed at or spewed hatred at anybody b/c they were gay, yet somehow b/c I do not agree with the lifestyle, I am imposing my beliefs by simply stating my side. I'm not organizing anti-gay parades, stating my sexual preferences for the world to witness, or trying to stifle anybody from saying what they think. So which side is really doing the imposing here? All I want is to go on with my life and not be told what I should think is right by folks that have no clue, but see themselves as enlightened.

I don't believe that gay is normal, but I took the stance long ago that as long as it is not imposed on me, it isn't my business. Public cries to force me to like it or else be ridiculed makes it my business. You can't have it both ways no matter how hard you try.
I don't see it. Quote me and break down where I said you did not have a right to you beliefs?

Originally posted by reflection eternal:

Yeah, that is complete bs. Man made God out of ignorance and fear. Yeah, they say God is all loving, the same God that watched Hitler put Jews in the oven and watched a race of people being enslaved for over 400 years. You can take that Bible shit and shove it up your ass
Uh-Oh-Baby-298x300.jpg

In his defense, he can still believe it it. He just can not use his beliefs to persecute others.

This is quite the entertaining thread for the token gay of Hawgsports. But some of my thoughts because I've thought more about it than probably anyone else on this board.

The person saying "they've never seen or heard of anyone attacked for being gay". I've been attacked. F-off. Don't tell me it doesn't happen. Go tell Matthew Shepard's mother. Just google the videos of what's happening in Russia now.the person that wants to quote scripture in Leviticusl, F-off. It seems you want to pull that one out and ignore all the ones around it. That's what my former minister of an ACTUAL Christian church that loves and accepts all referred to as "convenient bible". Picking and choosing which scriptures to believe and ignoring the rest.And YES, the bible was used to justify slavery, stoning women, adulterers and lots of other nonsense that gets skipped over to find the scripture that justifies prejudices.You also can't in one statement claim that a nursing administrator is a lesbian and therefore gays don't have workplace discrimination. Just laughable. I've worked at jobs where I felt like I had to hide and cover. I used to take a lesbian friend to work functions and go to hers to fake people out. I'd never do that now, but I remember it well.The Jackie Robinson parallel is relevant and saying his "color" was not important is laughable. He put up with horrible bigotry, overcame it, and excelled anyway. He wasn't just black or a great baseball player, he was BOTH at at time that was difficult.

Uh-Oh-Baby-298x300.jpg

No, you are complete bs. God never stopped people from living with their own paths and he never stopped evil people from being evil. You know just enough about the teachings to be stupid about them.

I don't see it. Quote me and break down where I said you did not have a right to you beliefs?
You don't see a lot of things.

Re: Former Mizzou player/ NFL prospect is gay Reply

The truth
2/10 4:10 PM | IP: Logged

Sounds like someone with more than a few issues! I'd tell you I would pray for you but you'd be offended so I won't tell you. The unforgivable sin is unbelief and denial of the Savior. I'm sad for you. God is, was and always will be. Not a creation of man.

Sin brings forth death and the suffering of even the masses is the result. The carnal mind can't grasp eternal things. Yes I said you are ignorant sorry.

Back to the original subject before my Lord was attacked by the pagan.

Still not angry. Maybe feeling some pity!

Some of the biggest myths in existence are built around people believing that everybody else has it made. It doesn't who you are or what you believe, somebody isn't going to like you for it. I've been attacked for wearing a Hog shirt in Mississippi for gosh sakes. Been attacked once for not being a biker in a biker bar(just went in there to use the phone as my car had broke down). Learned years ago to go through certain neighborhoods as discreetly as possible b/c of the color of my skin. Don't go to gay bars b/c I don't fit in. Everybody gets picked on, everybody gets treated unfairly sometimes, and everybody has to survive.

What's happening in Russia is not my problem, nor is it for me to be held responsible for. If you have a problem with Russia, go take it up with them. I have no plans or desire to ever go there.

Jesus never treated anybody with hate. Nor did he accept sin as tolerable. Treating sinners with love(which everyone is) is not the same as being "tolerant" to sin. Love the sinner hate the sin was the way Jesus approached it. How awful of him, huh? What scriptures would you prefer be used? FWIW, I'm with you on people that just pick out the parts that suit them and ignore the rest.

Workplace discrimination? Back in the early 80's when I was railroading, we were working 12 hours a day 7 days a week and nobody could get off. We had a black lesbian that was able to take off when nobody else could even think about it. Always used female troubles as the reason. Now this girl and I had worked together in the adjoining state and transferred over at about the same time. Neither of us knew many folks over there so we became good friends. She used to hang out at my apartment on a regular basis and get cooked and watch TV. We used to laugh about how she was the ultimate minority and was able to pull both the race card and the sex card. I didn't give a crap and would have done the same thing for a few days off, but we both knew how ridiculous it was.

Left the railroad to come back home and like to have never found a job. As a white, heterosexual male with limited skills, I found myself at the end of every line. Ended up selling and collecting life insurance in the hood in Little Rock. One of my clients was an attractive black lady with two kids. She worked for the post office. I had taken the postal exam and made like 96 on it but was told I was not likely to get an interview with a 96.

I told my client how frustrated I was and asked her how she did it. She told me that she only made 77 on her test but they called her and two others back in to re-test. It seems they NEEDED to hire a black female so they took the 3 highest scores and had them take it again and the highest got the job. Justice you say? Yeah, at the expense of me and my family.

Few years later I was working on an assembly line at a factory in Conway while trying to get in some hours at UCA. There was a large black woman on the line I worked on. After our morning break, she would come back to her station for a bit, and then grab her purse and head slowly to the restroom for another 20 minutes. The line would plug up in front of her and empty past her and soon the line would be stopped. Seems they had tried to fire her a few years before and she had filed suit and got her job back. She was lazy as lazy could be and there was nothing anybody could do about it. And yeah, there were a lot of blacks in that factory, many in supervisory positions, but she was the only one I saw use the race card. She knew what she was doing and she thought it was funny. Nobody else could have done that. So , discrimination comes in all forms and a lot of them are under the pretense of equality. Don't act like you are the only faction that deals with it. You aren't.

I stand by what I said, anybody that wants to equate the gay movement with what JR dealt with is beyond clueless.

Life is hard. It's hard for everybody. No matter who or what you are, somebody is going to hate you for it. It aint just you.

Originally posted by AtlantaRazorback:
This is quite the entertaining thread for the token gay of Hawgsports. But some of my thoughts because I've thought more about it than probably anyone else on this board.

The person saying "they've never seen or heard of anyone attacked for being gay". I've been attacked. F-off. Don't tell me it doesn't happen. Go tell Matthew Shepard's mother. Just google the videos of what's happening in Russia now.

the person that wants to quote scripture in Leviticusl, F-off. It seems you want to pull that one out and ignore all the ones around it. That's what my former minister of an ACTUAL Christian church that loves and accepts all referred to as "convenient bible". Picking and choosing which scriptures to believe and ignoring the rest.

And YES, the bible was used to justify slavery, stoning women, adulterers and lots of other nonsense that gets skipped over to find the scripture that justifies prejudices.

You also can't in one statement claim that a nursing administrator is a lesbian and therefore gays don't have workplace discrimination. Just laughable. I've worked at jobs where I felt like I had to hide and cover. I used to take a lesbian friend to work functions and go to hers to fake people out. I'd never do that now, but I remember it well.

The Jackie Robinson parallel is relevant and saying his "color" was not important is laughable. He put up with horrible bigotry, overcame it, and excelled anyway. He wasn't just black or a great baseball player, he was BOTH at at time that was difficult.

Uh-Oh-Baby-298x300.jpg

This post was edited on 2/10 6:05 PM by rzrbk7777

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT