ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Where are the opinions on Nike ?

Pigtail2

Prospect
Apr 11, 2013
Man, is our forum getting soft or is it that no one has an opinion on Colin Kap. and the Nike Ad ?

I have quit watching the NFL and I will never buy another Nike product again. That's my opinion.

I respect everyones opinion but I need to understand the majorities opinion on this subject. We all have the option to either stay on this forum or elect to be out of here.

Bombs away...

Reactions: waynehawgs
Man, is our forum getting soft or is it that no one has an opinion on Colin Kap. and the Nike Ad ?

I have quit watching the NFL and I will never buy another Nike product again. That's my opinion.

I respect everyones opinion but I need to understand the majorities opinion on this subject. We all have the option to either stay on this forum or elect to be out of here.

Bombs away...

It went about as expected and was either deleted after it went way off the railsor got moved to the grim bottom.

As I expect this one will be if it's left up long enough.

Reactions: Mass31

How is that an opinion? If you've done both of those things, wouldn't those be facts?

Personally, I'm fine with people on both sides of the argument. CK did nothing wrong imo, he took a knee during the national anthem to protest against racial inequality. If people have a problem with what CK did, and they feel the need to protest by boycotting the NFL/Nike/ etc, they have every right to do so.

I come down on CK's side, as I believe it's OK to peacefully protest for something you believe in, and imo he's not disrespecting the flag or service members by what he's doing. Protesting and freedom of speech is what the flag is all about, and those service members have fought to give him the rights to do what he's doing (did).

How is that an opinion? If you've done both of those things, wouldn't those be facts?

Personally, I'm fine with people on both sides of the argument. CK did nothing wrong imo, he took a knee during the national anthem to protest against racial inequality. If people have a problem with what CK did, and they feel the need to protest by boycotting the NFL/Nike/ etc, they have every right to do so.

I come down on CK's side, as I believe it's OK to peacefully protest for something you believe in, and imo he's not disrespecting the flag or service members by what he's doing. Protesting and freedom of speech is what the flag is all about, and those service members have fought to give him the rights to do what he's doing (did).

SLOPPY GET READY!

Reactions: JunkyardHawg
and imo he's not disrespecting the flag or service members by what he's doing
See I don't get this. How is kneeling not disrespecting the flag and the national anthem when that is the customary way to honor the flag and the national anthem?

See I don't get this. How is kneeling not disrespecting the flag and the national anthem when that is the customary way to honor the flag and the national anthem?

Until several years ago (when the government gave sports leagues a bunch of money) players weren't required to even be on the field for the nation anthem at all.

Kneeling is still a way to show respect while also showing you disagree with certain things.

My opinion on Nike is this........ the arches of their running shoes don't always match up with the arches of my feet, so I don't wear them. I love their soccer cleats, they fit perfectly and I won't wear anything else. I also like their soccer socks. I've never had any problems with the fit of any of their clothing - so I have some, but not much.
As far as the new marketing campaign - I don't really care because it doesn't affect the quality or fit of the products I like.

I like it , some are forgetting or just refuse to acknowledge the real reason CK was protesting . I'm with CK , there is ' some ' injustice still in this country , I want people to talk about that . He means NO disrespect to the country, but some in the country have disrespected those who have suffered prejudice of some sort.

I think Nike put in tons of research into this and will make $$ on it. Business decision.
Undoubtedly it was a well thought out business decision but, to me, they didn’t gain consumers by doing this. The people who support this stance were likely already buying Nike products. It only seems to alienate people on the conservative side who are likely stubborn enough to never buy their products again.

Last edited:

I spent 21 years in the US Army to protect freedom of speech, so I agree with this post. However, I don’t like the way the protesters are using the National Anthem for the protest. I totally understand why they are doing it. I just wish they would find another way to protest.

First, let me say that I love your avatar

To your question: I feel that kneeling is a respectful gesture in general, and in CK's case, has religious bearings.

Also, kneeling isn't listed as being disrespectful to the flag in the U.S. Code. Although several things are that I see on a daily basis that I don't see people raising much fuss over.

§8. Respect for flag
No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.

(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

(b) The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.

(c) The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.

(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.

(e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.

(f) The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling.

(g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.

(h) The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.

(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.

(j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.

(k) The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.

Last edited:
Facts aren’t behind what supposedly started this whole thing in the first place. Nike will feel this through sponsored universities in more conservative states IMO. Might make schools change brands. Not sure what else will happen

I spent 21 years in the US Army to protect freedom of speech, so I agree with this post. However, I don’t like the way the protesters are using the National Anthem for the protest. I totally understand why they are doing it. I just wish they would find another way to protest.
Thanks for your service Paul.

I probably would have preferred another method of protesting too, but who's to say it would have garnered the publicity that kneeling did? And that's the end-game here, bringing attention to something you feel so strongly about that you exercise your right to protest. And CK kneeling definitely put a spotlight on the issue.

People fight for the rights we are afforded to by the constitution. Can't be mad at those same people for exercising those rights... that's why we have them...

And I will continue to buy Nike gear... I will also buy Adidas gear. I don't care about who they have to run their ads, I never watch them anyway.

Reactions: eldo84
I’d say it’s true of most protests that folks may want them to find another way. Especially those that disagree with them. That’s the nature of protest. It isn’t done to make folks comfortable.

NIke's stock went down almost 4% after the announcement, the biggest one day decline in 5 months.

Reactions: pokerpig
Facts aren’t behind what supposedly started this whole thing in the first place. Nike will feel this through sponsored universities in more conservative states IMO. Might make schools change brands. Not sure what else will happen
Lmao you are so lost.

Reactions: Woodshed 1914
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT