ADVERTISEMENT

This...more of this

CRT, intersectionality, new wave feminism...I could go on. Turning oppression into a commodity and assigning it to any category outside of straight white christian male. I believe one of the most successful messages he had was discussing content of character and not our skin color.
I have read quite a bit abut CRT, some of the tenants I can see the point others not so much, have not seen anything that speaks of separation of folks based on race. My favorite Dr. King Quote:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

Absolutely unequivocally not...I have had this discussion with folks for quite a while.
Well, I have had conversations where people actually believe this. The definition has been changed to "only those in power" or the "majority" can be racist. It is disturbing to me and the definition of ignorance. There are many who think this and it seems to be growing.

This country is so racist it voted a black man for President twice. Just thought I would point that out. Since white people are still the dominant color in our nation that alone would prove a lot to those that actually look beyond race and give me more type of thoughts.

Absolutely unequivocally not...I have had this discussion with folks for quite a while. Louis Farrakhan is one of the biggest racist in the United States.

Interesting bit of info.

We just had a President whose minister trained under a Louis Farrakhan. Soon after becoming president, race relations went to crap.

Things that make you go hummm?

Reactions: GiveEmtheTusk
Years/decades of both sides only caring about one side and not being able to listen to the other side.

Politics, race, it’s all the same. We live in a “either you agree with me or you’re my enemy” society.
I believe when epithets/constructs such as white privilege, white fragility, toxic masculinity, [insert anything] + phobia, Equity vs Equality, etc. These terms were weaponized and alienated an extremely large portion of society. These things have been force fed to everyone and I believe they have catalyzed the polarization we see today.

Well, I have had conversations where people actually believe this. The definition has been changed to "only those in power" or the "majority" can be racist. It is disturbing to me and the definition of ignorance. There are many who think this and it seems to be growing.
I do not agree with that premise. I have had this discussion also...those are the people who subscribe to what I refer to as the Stokely Carmichael definition of racism, which is based on power. Stokely Carmichael has a quote:

“If a white man wants to lynch me, that's his problem. If he's got the power to lynch me, that's my problem. Racism is not a question of attitude; it's a question of power. "​

Reactions: NMHOGG
This country is so racist it voted a black man for President twice. Just thought I would point that out. Since white people are still the dominant color in our nation that alone would prove a lot to those that actually look beyond race and give me more type of thoughts.
why is he considered a black man instead of a white man? He's just as white as he is black but he's always called a black president.

Anyone?

Reactions: Chauvinist Pig
why is he considered a black man instead of a white man? He's just as white as he is black but he's always called a black president.

Anyone?
Either way he has black in him, right? So if this country was so racist how did he get voted in twice? How is what’s her name VP right now?

Anyone?
“The One Drop Rule”

Since I remember this is what we were told/taught and raised to believe growing up.

It actually dates back to the late 19th century. The One Drop rule was use to classify as black a person of any known African ancestry. This practice of hypodescent was not put into law until the early 20th century. Legally the definition varied from state to state. Racial definition was more flexible in the 18th and 19th centuries before the American Civil War.

With how polarized our country is, I don’t think so.
Until the monetary system is fixed, its only going to get worse. And it’s not getting fixed any time soon. This administration is totally incompetent. And that does not mean Trump wasn’t. No one is fixing the actual problem. All they want to do is win elections.

“The One Drop Rule”

Since I remember this is what we were told/taught and raised to believe growing up.

It actually dates back to the late 19th century. The One Drop rule was use to classify as black a person of any known African ancestry. This practice of hypodescent was not put into law until the early 20th century. Legally the definition varied from state to state. Racial definition was more flexible in the 18th and 19th centuries before the American Civil War.
No shit!!! I have never heard of that in my life! Learn something new every day if you allow yourself to.

Hell I have had black people tell me that...I do not agree. Because there is not unilateral agreement on that does not mean that racism does not exists.
If you have a conversation with this belief, then give them this hypothetical:

If a white racist moves to Mexico, is he/she still racist?

Honestly, other than your recruiting knowledge, I could give 2 shyts what you think.

Racist are everywhere if your looking for it, too bad you forgot to look in your own mirror. CRT teaches everyone to look through racist glasses for racism, which is THE definition of racism.
This is generally the response of someone who couldnt defend their bogus point of view. Today we learned that looking through racist glasses is THE definition of racism.....maybe you should spend less time responding to posts tou could "give 2 shyts" about. Knowing how you present yourself here I'd be concerned if you liked my takes on anything outside of recruiting.

Your response is quite telling...says a lot
It says everything.

Last edited:
With how polarized our country is, I don’t think so.
Think its worse now than in his time? Some have tried their hardest to make it so, but i dont think its close. Every generation takes a small chip out of racism, it takes time to get rid of things like that. America is much less racist now than in generations before, and its not close

On a side note, i give football about 2 more generations before its outlawed for being too dangerous

Reactions: Hawg Chief
Im happy to know that Obama being elected cured the US of racism.....or did it? There were plenty or people who voted against Obama for one reason.

I mean, even if you believed every vote against Obama was purely due to racism, which is completely stupid, he still won a majority vote. The fact a hundred thousand (random number) of people voted against him because he was black (in a country with 340 million people) it really doesnt prove america is any more racist now than anywhere else in the world

This is generally the response of someone who couldnt defend their bogus point of view. Today we learned that looking through racist glasses is THE definition of racism.....maybe you should spend less time responding to posts tou could "give 2 shyts" about. Knowing how you present yourself here I'd be concerned if you liked my takes on anything outside of recruiting.

It says everything.

Actually you're correct, I didn't defend it well. You did it for me. CRT, everything is inherently racist. Including myself for rooting for an African American who just won gold.

In your eyes, I was using her as any white male would use a black person to benefit themselves.

But keep up that CRT training, it'll take you places. There's a bunch of money out for being a race baiter, just ask the leader of BLM with her 3 new 2+million dollar N. Cal houses.

Reactions: GiveEmtheTusk
Actually you're correct, I didn't defend it well. You did it for me. CRT, everything is inherently racist. Including myself for rooting for an African American who just won gold.

In your eyes, I was using her as any white male would use a black person to benefit themselves.

But keep up that CRT training, it'll take you places. There's a bunch of money out for being a race baiter, just ask the leader of BLM with her 3 new 2+million dollar N. Cal houses.
You keep wanting to make this personal for whatever reason. I'm doing just find financially. I chose to become a coach. I spent almost a decade in Biotech. I am not a fan of BLM the organization but keep painting yourself into that corner with your brash generalizations!!!

@WonderBoyLew
We’d like your opinion on all this, cause @nikkichavanelle would definitely give hers!

giphy.gif

let’s be honest, most people pick their President nowadays based on party.

you could interview 50 people and 48 of them couldn’t name 3 policies they like from their candidate.

But I guess that’s what happens when we nominate a Clinton and a reality TV star.

Reactions: DirkPiggler
I have definitely heard the argument that President Obama being elected twice and Vice President Kamala Harris being part of the winning ticket and The Democratic Party record being 3-0 when a black person is on the ticket how can this country be racist. Nothing is unilateral...when most refer to systemic racism they are discussing things such as:

Prison Population

-In 2018, Black Americans represented 33% of the sentenced prison population, nearly triple their 12% share of the U.S. adult population.

Drug Offenses

-Nearly 80% of people in federal prison and almost 60% of people in state prison for drug offenses are Black or Latino. Even though Whites use drugs at an equal rate to both Blacks & Latinos

-Whites accounted for 30% of prisoners, about half their 63% share of the adult population.

Salary/Wages

-Black men made a median annual salary of $42,120, which is only 73.1% of what White men earned ($57,616).

Police Interactions

Among unarmed victims, Black people were killed at three times the rate (218 total killed), and Hispanics at 1.45 times the rate of white people (146 total killed).

This is all factual objective statistical information.

Reactions: woodworth
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT